PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson is dead

leXX
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Reading news all over the net saying he has died of a cardiac arrest.

I'm in complete shock right now. O.o

Black Knight of Keno
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
If it is true, I hope it was quick and without much pain. He's deserved as much in his life.

R.I.P. and a final "Hee-hee-hee!" to you, King of Pop.

And please, no pedophilia crap in this thread guys. I know you were going to Dath

In other news, Farah Fawcett also died earlier today.

IG-64
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
So far all I can find are reports that TMZ is reporting that Michael Jackson is dead. I haven't seen anything else that supports this yet. So it's pretty likely, but not exactly confirmed yet.

Also, R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett... :(

leXX
06-25-2009, 06:17 PM
LA Times is now saying he is in a coma.

Rogue Nine
06-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Would fit the pattern of stars dying in threes. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett and now potentially Michael Jackson.

Someone dying is seldom a good thing, so I hope he makes it.

Jae Onasi
06-25-2009, 06:22 PM
There are currently conflicting reports on coma vs. death, but he was in cardiac arrest when the paramedics arrived at his home. Even when you do absolutely everything right, when you do CPR outside of a hospital setting, the survival rate is only about 10% or so. I would not be surprised if the rumors of his death are true as a result.

leXX
06-25-2009, 06:23 PM
LA Times just confirmed that he is indeed dead. :(

R.I.P. King of Pop.

DarthAve
06-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Whether or not he was a good man, he was a legend and will be missed. D=

IG-64
06-25-2009, 06:29 PM
R.I.P.

He had a tough life, but he was very talented.

Pho3nix
06-25-2009, 06:42 PM
R.I.P Michael.

np: You are not alone

Boba Rhett
06-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Heard the reports coming in on the radio about an hour ago. Sad to see they were true. Rest In Peace, Michael.

MrWally
06-25-2009, 06:54 PM
The King of Pop is dead.

So much for Neverland :(

At first I wasn't sure if he really did Beat It. I thought it could have been a Thriller hyped by the media.

Jae Onasi
06-25-2009, 06:59 PM
I grew up in the 70's and 80's (quite a feat when you're 29 as I am). I can't tell you the huge impact his Thriller album had on pop music, dancing, and rock concert performances, whether you liked his music or not. It would be like the current music scene being without Brittney Spears (no matter what you might think about her). He was a man with a lot of troubles, to be sure, but he shaped the music of an entire decade. I didn't like all the music he did and I can't call myself a huge fan, but it's hard not to like the Thriller video and song, among others.

RIP.

RoxStar
06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
At first I wasn't sure if he really did Beat It. I thought it could have been a Thriller hyped by the media.

You're going to Hell for that one.

Totenkopf
06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
The King of Pop is dead.

Yeah, promotion.....Michael Jackson, King of Pop...The Back from the Grave Tour. Well, hopefully it was quick and in his sleep. Protracted death ain't pretty.

Da_man
06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
They are gonna moonwalk his casket to the cemetery in the procession. Fact.

RIP MJ

THILLAH

DarthAve
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
You're going to Hell for that one.

I think I'm the one going to hell.

I do a mean Michael Jackson impression, and my mom asked me now who I'm going to impersonate. I said Chris Brown, then punched her in the face.

But his death is really very unfortunate, and it's in such bad taste that people are actually not sad about his death because of the child molestation charges... Some DJ's on a local radio station were actually happy about it... D=

BongoBob
06-25-2009, 11:13 PM
He may/may not have been a pedophile, but like Jae said, no matter what you say about him, his music, dancing, and live shows influenced an entire generation of entertainment.

RIP Michael Jackson.

EnderWiggin
06-25-2009, 11:19 PM
RIP, even if you did touch little boys.

_EW_

TiE23
06-25-2009, 11:27 PM
No pedo jokes, but can I make a comment on his... you know... "face"?

One creepy dude in his later years.

RIP creepy guy who I was a generation or two late to experience myself.

Darth Avlectus
06-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Y'know...Can't really say anything about modern music without hearing about the guy one way or another. I guess eccentric is bred of a life of stardom from childhood. His earlier stuff was still great, though.

To his memory and praying for the family. Strength and serenity be with them, mourning his loss. God speed.

RIP Michael Jackson.

edlib
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I was never a fan... but this is something you don't wish on anybody.

Q
06-26-2009, 04:02 PM
No pedo jokes, but can I make a comment on his... you know... "face"?

One creepy dude in his later years.

RIP creepy guy who I was a generation or two late to experience myself.
I always found his feminine, womanly voice especially creepy, even when I was a kid. :whacked:

Kain
06-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Y'know what...his legacy is marred by bull****. How? That family that accused him of sexual abuse had a record of accusations that were never proven. They were scammers through and through. And now that he's dead, all I keep hearing about is 'he was a fag' and 'that pedophile finally died'. **** that. He was a great man and a great humanitarian.
If any of us were HALF the man he was, the world would be a better place.

R.I.P. Michael. You've earned your place in history.

Hermie
06-26-2009, 10:27 PM
In the possible murder of Michael Jackson, the police have ruled out three suspects, Mr's Sunshine, Moonlight and Goodtimes. One suspect remains...

Samnmax221
06-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Don't be silly, Mary-kate Olsen killed him. Just like Heath Ledger.

Commander Obi-Wan
06-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Indeed, this is sad. Amazing musician.

R.I.P MJ.

Kurgan
07-06-2009, 09:27 PM
RIP, another icon of my childhood has passed away (along with Ed!)...

Obviously I didn't like any of the crap he got into later in life, and I pity the man for what he became, but yeah. Pretty much.

Time enough for one more big tabloid journalism party, right? :P

Mike Windu
07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
the service is amazing. RIP Michael.

saurumonk
07-07-2009, 08:15 PM
i made a full EAskate2 community montage tribute just released saturday on this.. took over a week nonstop editing..

40 ppl in 5 minutes.... that is an accomplishment...

hope you enjoy this as much as i hated making it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnewRiQoCWQ

acdcfanbill
07-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Whenever I look at the title of this thread, the song Bela Lugosi's Dead pops into my head.