PDA

View Full Version : Editing Weapon Restrictions?

Ӄhrizby
06-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey, I'm working on a mod just for the fun of it, but I don't really mod much. I have a working model of HK-47 that can use melee animations, hold melee weapons and such that I fixed up, and such, and it works when I use the Save Game Editor to make my main character look like HK. The problem is when I use it for the real HK character, the sword shows up in the selectable weapons, but it says I don't have the right prerequisites, and I can't equip it. I imagine it has something to do with the droid restrictions. I've given him the sword-wielding feats, and tried to look through the .2das and templates, and searched here for it, but I can't find a way to remove that restriction, short of making him human or something. So the bottom line is: Is there any way to change weapon restrictions to make melee weapons selectable by other characters?

Trench
06-25-2009, 09:49 PM
You enabled HK-47 to use Melee animations?!!! :bow:You must post screenshots my master!

Anyway, you could do some .2da editing, or it might work if you set his .utc race to human.

Ӄhrizby
06-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I can't find anything in the .2da's relating to weapon race restrictions. I could try setting him to human, but I'd think that'd change all his slots (sensor, etc.) to human (helmet . . .). Guess I don't know until I try, though . . .

As for screenshots:

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/Khrizby/?action=view&current=KotOR1.jpg

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/Khrizby/?action=view&current=KotOR2.jpg

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/Khrizby/?action=view&current=KotOR3.jpg

Trench
06-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Um... I don't see the screenies.

Nevermind:D! Even with those clipping issues this mod might be the second greatest animation related mod I've ever seen (Revan's animated cape and belt still take first:D).
I sure hope you can resolve those .2da/stuff issues, and I am ready to help in any way that I can.

Ӄhrizby
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Alright, fixed the shots, sorry 'bout that.

It still has some glitches, clipping in places, etc., and some things I need to fix, like the swords not lining up.

I tried the .utc file; It didn't seem to change anything at all. (???) hmmm . . .

Darth Cryptic
06-25-2009, 11:05 PM
It's a baseitem edit. you need to change the setting in the "weapon usable by" colum from I think it's a 1 to a 0. I'd be more exact, but my laptop isn't convenient.

Ӄhrizby
06-25-2009, 11:13 PM
I've worked with the baseitems; there is a column called "droidorhuman," and I've changed it. If I don't do this, when I try to equip HK, only blasters/ranged weapons show up at all. With this enabled, melee weapons now show up, but are still unequippable. I think now the key might be in the character or class, not the items themselves.

Thanks for the help, though!

Trench
06-25-2009, 11:15 PM
I'll look through the baseitems.2da file myself. I might be able to try something out.

Ӄhrizby
06-25-2009, 11:26 PM
If you need my model and work so far in your experimentation, feel free to ask; I can email it or something.

Just promise not to steal it :)

Trench
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
No worries bro. I'm just feeling my way through the .2da files.
Just promise not to steal it
No need to worry about that:D. I have a policy of deleting files at the request of the sender upon the completion of my tests.
When you do finish this mod though, feel free to leave me a visitor message if you are ever in need of beta testers.:D

Ӄhrizby
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Just promise not to steal it
It's alright, I was kidding.

When you do finish this mod though, feel free to leave me a visitor message if you are ever in need of beta testers.
You'll be the first to know :).

Darth Cryptic
06-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Did you give him the feats to use the melee weapons? Weapons proficiency and a few attacks?

Any chance you'd be able to do this for TSL too?

Ӄhrizby
06-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh wow, I feel stupid now! I added the feats in his .utc, so I never thought to check in-game if he had them. He didn't, for some reason. I added them with the Save Game Editor, and presto -- it worked! I may make a droid upgrade or something later that gives him the feats, so everyone doesn't need to use the Editor or cheat.

Thanks everyone!

PS: I suppose I could make it for TSL, but it'd take a while since I can't port anything; I assume this is included, even if it's an edited version. Not as long as the original, though, now that I know what to do.

Darth Cryptic
06-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Don't feel stupid. when I tried making him use melee, I forgot to give him the feats too.

Ӄhrizby
06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks :). It's just that all this time, the answer was so simple . . .

You said you tried to make him use melee . . . out of curiosity, did you ever get it to work? I haven't heard of any mods released yet or anything; I heard it was impossible:) . . .

xViiViD
06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
so where can i download this then ;)

Ӄhrizby
06-26-2009, 02:27 PM
It's not available yet, but after I tweak it it should be ready. Soon. Probably on FileFront.

Captain Hair
06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow, now this is intruiging! I've wondered why droids arn't allowed melee attacks, I mean no lightsabers I can understand, but it made sense to me that hk would have some kinda of close combat attacks besides blasters. Good work :)

Darth Cryptic
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Nope, never did manage to get him to use them. It was early on in my moding attempts and I didn't try that hard to do it.

Ӄhrizby
06-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Alright, a WIP thread on this is here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=198688), not that we can't still use this one.

xViiViD
06-30-2009, 02:44 PM
how can i make him weild robes and armor? it says i dont have the right prequirments but..i fixed it in baseitems...?

TriggerGod
06-30-2009, 04:26 PM
how can i make him weild robes and armor? it says i dont have the right prequirments but..i fixed it in baseitems...?

you don't, HK isn't a split model, like the player characters or your party members, between the body and the head. You're stuck with his base body.

xViiViD
06-30-2009, 06:02 PM
sorry what i ment was for him to just weild them i know they wont show up
i just wanted him to weild them...for stats.

Ӄhrizby
07-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Did you give him armor proficiency feats with KSE?

xViiViD
07-01-2009, 12:26 PM
yeh i gave him every feat available....=/

Ӄhrizby
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
What did you do to baseitems? Did you change all of the armor rows, in column "droidorhuman" to 0, instead of 1?

xViiViD
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM
yes i changed everything to 0 and idk wth is going on..

Ӄhrizby
07-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Huh, I tried, with the same result. Maybe you could edit each armor that you want .utc's to droid plating?

Mandalore The Shadow
08-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh my god i have always wanted HK to use melee weapons now he is even mor kick @$$

Sith Holocron
04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
The owner of the WIP thread HK-47 Stealth Restoration (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202522) obviously wants to restore the stealth animation for HK-47. When you restored the melee animations in your mod, did you also restore the stealth animations in the process? If not, might there be a new version of your mod that could include that too?

Ӄhrizby
04-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes, HK-47 has all the animations, including stealth, of the human characters.. When I was just trying it out however I noticed that his neck sticks slightly through his head when he's in stealth mode, nothing major.