PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] [TSL] The Creepy Fashion Merchant

VarsityPuppet
06-29-2009, 01:36 PM
This would probably be posted in my WIP thread, but it's deserving of its own thread because of the grandiose of the idea.

Note: This is not a mod request, per say, as I'm GOING to make it.

Anyways, as at least a couple of you are aware of, I released Handmaiden's White Leathers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2641645#post2641645). I intended to have a way to have these leathers without overriding any of the Underwear/clothing/dancer models. My answer was just to make a disguise item. Simple enough.

So I released the skin, and for the most part people were happy. Except for one thing.

wow thats awsome, but i do have a question... are the skintones different or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Lucied was right. I had mismatched the skin tone. How embarrassing!

So, instead of just fixing it.. I figured, eh, why not just go all f***ing out?

So here's my idea. I want to spawn a merchant that sells you sexy outfits.
Mostly Leathers for now, but if any of you have any ideas or want to contribute, I can accommodate.

The fun part is with the merchant. Here are my current thoughts:

-Twi'leki or a human (male)
-Alien VO'd or custom VO'd
-I want him to be a creeper. A Quagmire of sorts... or basically someone you wouldn't want in your bedroom staring at you through the window. Why? Because I think it would be hilarious!

This is no attempt to be unnecessarily vulgar, it's just to have a little fun.

Any comments or suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

First things first: I fixed the Handmaiden's skin tone in her White Leathers
http://f.imagehost.org/0354/handleather.jpg

SpartanPride
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I think that if you were trying to make him a creeper, it would be better if he was a human with a custom voice-over.

Make him look like a freak with pailed skin, bagged eyes, and the whole ensemble, and have him a voice that bears resemblance to Igear the Outcast shopkeeper in KOTOR 1.

He could mention in dialogue that he often "checks-up" (without them knowing, of course) on his customers to make sure that their purchases are... "satisfactory."

Lord of Hunger
06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
I like this idea, not just because of the concept but because this game needs more unique characters. You should have him on Nar Shaddaa, as that planet is bound to have plenty of those sorts of people.

Darth Payne
06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
True, wouldn't it be better to have him on either Dantooine or Onderon at the spaceports there?

You wouldn't expect him to be on either planet which might make it a little creepier.

Lord of Hunger
06-29-2009, 03:08 PM
I think it'd be better on Nar Shaddaa out of virtue that the planet is supposed to come across as a dystopia and adding this guy would help enhance that aspect.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah i agree Nar Shaddaa is suppose to have those sort of people this is a good idea for a mod i might download when it is done

Trench
06-29-2009, 03:34 PM
When your ready for VO's send me a script, I've got a few voices that might be appropriate (or inappropriate) for this guy:D.

VarsityPuppet
06-29-2009, 03:36 PM
@ SpartanPride: Yes! Just like Igear. I'm still not sure about whether to make him Twi'leki or human. There's just something creepy about the Kotor male Twi'leks.

Yep, Nar Shaddaa was going to be his main headquarters. Though for the sake of humor, I could put him on other planets, you know hidden behind containers and stuff. It'd be kind of like a Star Wars Where's Waldo. When you try to talk to him, he'll run away and drop some items maybe.

Ha ha, this is getting better, funnier and creepier by the second.

Master Shake
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Are you sure you want him to be a Twilek or human?

If not go for something different just for the sake of being different.

SpartanPride
06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
What if you make you make the shopkeeper a human, and on Nar Shadda. However, the human has a an equally creepy Twi'lek assistant, who "checks up" on you after you've made your purchase. Then, when you find the Twi'lek following you on other planets, when you talk to him, he runs away.

Gob
06-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Zez whatever. He looks shady as it is, and Inyri Forge made a sunglasses mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sunglasses;46868) Maybe you could use that with her permission?

Trench
06-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I think it would be best to avoid using things such as sunglasses. Wouldn't it be best for this mod to stay true to the Star Wars essence?:D

darth-me
06-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, sounds better each time I check :p. Also, how about a twilek (or somthing else) female slave who models outfits for you? Or something. Anyway, he should have a female slave. He sounds like that kind of freak.

PS. How about an option to kill him (after you have purchased his stuff). I just don't like the sound of this guy. You should certainly be able to kill his assistant if he comes to check up on you :lol:

Gob
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I think it would be best to avoid using things such as sunglasses. Wouldn't it be best for this mod to stay true to the Star Wars essence?:D

NO, SCREW STAR WARS. Oh wait... Well, Zez is molester-material, regardless...

Darth Cryptic
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
-giggles- I like the slave model. Maybe have her in the dancer's out fit, or just her underwear most of the time. Do like Rihanna or what ever the twi'lek dancer's name is, and have the option of buying her. Hmm, Puppet for Atton maybe? He'd love to be followed around by a beautiful woman.

VarsityPuppet
06-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Ha, all these ideas are great guys, but I have to say say no to some of them

Sunglasses: Good idea, but not Star Warsy.

Human Shopkeep, Twi'lek assistant: Sounds okay, but I feel the creeperness should be given to only one person. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking I could make a er.. flamboyant male, but I could end up offending people that way.

Dancer model: I like it, except for that I'd have to make outfits for her too if she were to model the outfits... which could be done, it'd just be more work.

Zez head: He does have the molestache, but he is a mainer character so I'd have say no to that.

Killing him: Certainly an option, though you'd get DS points for sure.

For him running away, I'm thinking I should have creepy datapad entries left behind in a backpack, with maybe a few good items (special outfits, items, etc)

Salzella
06-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Brilliant idea, i'd love to see more in-universe sort of stuff rather than all the traditional rpg staples.

make the merchant a chadra-fan!

VarsityPuppet
06-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Ha ha, I'm going to have to throw in a Chadra fan in there somewhere then.

Lucied
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
haha well im glass my eyes were able to do something usefull

Trench
07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
How about this: A creepy human merchant, a sneaky Chadra Fan assistant, and a female Twi'lek slave who you can purchase and becomes a puppet to Atton.:D

none223
07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey, if you can transfer this to Kotor1, it would go well in my Expanded Galaxy mod! On Concord Dawn, you never know who you might run into. However, for that, I would suggest taking out the little sub-plot, just have the salesman. It would really help on the atmosphere of the strange planet.

Trench
07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
^^Yeah:D He could make comments like:
The Mandalorians don't like my nice, nice outfits, but you look very very pretty in one...

Istorian
07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Very nice and promising project! Reserved place in my game! ;) Have you found a voice-actor?

Trench
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM
I was hoping I could do it:D.

VarsityPuppet
07-01-2009, 11:37 AM
How about this: A creepy human merchant, a sneaky Chadra Fan assistant, and a female Twi'lek slave who you can purchase and becomes a puppet to Atton.:D

Sounds like a good idea. With a chadra fan though, I fear his spying would be cute and harmless, whereas with a human or humanoid, it would be plain creepy.
We'll see.

I've got the dialog for the female written a bit (it'd be different for males), but as of now, I have him saying fairly suggestive comments (at least for a Star Wars teen rated game)

One possible dialog path which could lead to his demise: NPC, PC

Hello ma'am, you are looking very fine today.
It's a shame that a beautiful creature be encumbered in such bulky clothing.You should be showcasing your natural curves to attract young suitors like myself.

Right, so Twi'leks have all the more reason to show me their lekku?

(Insanely creepy laugh) Well, it's like everyone says: A protocol droid is just as good without the armor plating.

Are you implying what I think you're implying?

Uh... well hey, I'm a man, you're a woman. It's only natural right?

Not for a Jedi.

A Jedi huh? You ever get freaky with your lightsaber?

Keep talking if you want to die.

__________________________________________________ ______

This is still just a rough draft, as I'm not sure how creepy he currently is, and how creepy he should be. Also, I don't want to offend any Twi'leks, Jedi or protocol droids in the process.

Trench
07-01-2009, 11:42 AM
:rofl:This is hilarious! Just right a whole script and email it to me, I'll get a couple of creepy voices for you ner'vod!:lol:

Istorian
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
That's a well-written dialogue! Can't wait to hear Mirdala's Vo's! :)

Drunkside
07-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey! Make him a duros! Those things certainly look like they have been watching ALOT of inappropriate content :xp: Big red eyes, pale blue skin...

jedi7000nathan
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
still a charda fen would be the best way to go drunkside

VarsityPuppet
07-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I'll also need a female voice actor to be a disgruntled model/dancer.

EDIT:
According to the description on wookieepedia, chadra fan are a fairly unassuming species.

Chadra-Fan, thus, could be found with various criminals because they were so unobservant or accommodating.

This could work marvelously. The chadra fan wouldn't necessarily have to be a creeper, he just has to do whatever his creepy master tells him to do.

Man, the more I think about this, the more ideas that pop into my head. I have at least two quests with multiple outcomes brewing in my head as we speak.

Trench
07-01-2009, 01:11 PM
/\ I wish I could help with that. But I specialize in male voices and certain sound effects.

VarsityPuppet
07-01-2009, 01:30 PM
/\ I wish I could help with that. But I specialize in male voices and certain sound effects.

Ha ha, that's alright. I mean to find an actual female to do the VOs for the dancer.

I will warn you though, the dialog with the merchant is getting fairly extensive. Whoever's voicing the merchant is going to be doing a LOT of VOs. Be prepared.

Trench
07-01-2009, 01:34 PM
As long as I don't have to say anything over the edge I'm alright. I'll make some sound clips tonight and PM you a download link.

VarsityPuppet
07-01-2009, 01:52 PM
As long as I don't have to say anything over the edge I'm alright. I'll make some sound clips tonight and PM you a download link.

Sounds good. Once the dialog is finished, I'll type up a list of all of the lines to say, and some suggestions on how to phrase them, which words to emphasize, etc. Of course, that may not be for awhile.

logan23
07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I have to say i like this Mod.:thmbup1:

Its cool that you are creating a merchant who specialize in selling sexy outfits.
It give the kotor world a feel that not all clothing is for battle but also to fit your personality of the npcs/PC, etc

Logan

none223
07-01-2009, 05:47 PM
As I said above; if this could be translated to kotor, it would work really well on Concord Dawn in my Expanded Galaxy mod.
The outfits could be for female revan, bastila, (although the mod take place after you lose her, you could put them on her during the DS ending when you join her side), Mission, Juhani, and maybe Matilda (The Twi-kek from BOS and BOS:SR)

VarsityPuppet
07-02-2009, 03:18 PM
As I said above; if this could be translated to kotor, it would work really well on Concord Dawn in my Expanded Galaxy mod.
The outfits could be for female revan, bastila, (although the mod take place after you lose her, you could put them on her during the DS ending when you join her side), Mission, Juhani, and maybe Matilda (The Twi-kek from BOS and BOS:SR)

It could possibly be translated to Kotor. I don't want to guarantee anything right now. I don't want to duplicate the character and send him 5 years into the past. I'd definitely have to make a separate person. Not to mention I don't have the resources to make good Kotor1 skins (the game, for PC)

Speaking of skins, I hope you all haven't forgotten about the other aspect of this mod: The outfits! I've been working on a couple of different variations, but skin tone matching is quite a b***ch, so we'll see how it goes.

Visas' leathers. I really like shorts. It took me forever to get them to map fairly straight around her legs though

Front
http://f.imagehost.org/0968/Visas1.jpg

Side
http://f.imagehost.org/0121/Visas2.jpg

Back
http://f.imagehost.org/0716/Visas3.jpg

Mira's Leathers. One of the Darth members on here (must've been Payne... maybe it was Cryptic.) suggested I make a variant like this one.

Side
http://f.imagehost.org/0545/Mira1.jpg

Other Side
http://f.imagehost.org/0895/Mira2.jpg

And here's the item profile. I gave it what I thought would be reasonable bonuses.

Defense bonus 1: because it protects a little bit

Persuade +2: Same reason as the dancer's outfit

Charisma +2: Psychologically, if some women feel more "sexy", they might feel a bit more confident in themselves. Consequently, they'd might be a formidable force user too.

http://f.imagehost.org/0323/Item1.jpg

Darth Cryptic
07-02-2009, 03:46 PM
VP, permanent place in my over ride when this is done. LOVE the outfits, especially the Visa ones.

Trench
07-02-2009, 04:09 PM
@ Visas' Leathers::eyepop:sweat::brow:
:D Now this is progress:D
Anyway, this looks good, and for the script, you don't even have to complete it. Just write me a skeleton and I'll flesh it out.

darth-me
07-02-2009, 04:22 PM
:thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1: :D

Crikey, great skins, they look HOT! :p

A few suggestions:
Different variations for PC - maybe make each party member's a seperate item only equipable by the specific party member and the pc, but i know how horrible skin is, so don't worry. But yeah, don't forget the pc.

Tattoos!! Not for everyone, but definately some would be good - you can find some decent back tattoo images on google images.

Keep up the great work.

PS. No, i hadn't forgotten :p

Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 04:33 PM
This looks Excellent! I'm really looking forward to this mod.

I like the way you did Visas's leather, but I just don't think it suits her personality, but hey, it's your mod not mine. :)

jedi7000nathan
07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
It could possibly be translated to Kotor. I don't want to guarantee anything right now. I don't want to duplicate the character and send him 5 years into the past. I'd definitely have to make a separate person. Not to mention I don't have the resources to make good Kotor1 skins (the game, for PC)

Speaking of skins, I hope you all haven't forgotten about the other aspect of this mod: The outfits! I've been working on a couple of different variations, but skin tone matching is quite a b***ch, so we'll see how it goes.

Visas' leathers. I really like shorts. It took me forever to get them to map fairly straight around her legs though

Front
http://f.imagehost.org/0968/Visas1.jpg

Side
http://f.imagehost.org/0121/Visas2.jpg

Back
http://f.imagehost.org/0716/Visas3.jpg

Mira's Leathers. One of the Darth members on here (must've been Payne... maybe it was Cryptic.) suggested I make a variant like this one.

Side
http://f.imagehost.org/0545/Mira1.jpg

Other Side
http://f.imagehost.org/0895/Mira2.jpg

And here's the item profile. I gave it what I thought would be reasonable bonuses.

Defense bonus 1: because it protects a little bit

Persuade +2: Same reason as the dancer's outfit

Charisma +2: Psychologically, if some women feel more "sexy", they might feel a bit more confident in themselves. Consequently, they'd might be a formidable force user too.

http://f.imagehost.org/0323/Item1.jpg
wow diffenantly better than the existing version

Rtas Vadum
07-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Very nice work on those. You may consider adding buckles to the leather straps around Visas's legs, in the least to give more of a reason why they stay in place(obvious why they really do, but small details like that might help).

VarsityPuppet
07-02-2009, 10:23 PM
@Rtas Vadum: Point taken. The leg skin was taken from a Twi'lek dancer, a very low res skin. But, I'm fixing this as we speak (taking a break currently). I'll add some sort of logical reason as to why they're there. Buckles, maybe straps connected to the shorts. Depends on how it looks. I will do something about it though.

@Chevron: I personally like that variation on Visas, but perhaps that's because I have some sort of secret attraction to Miralukas. The only issue is that this mod isn't for me. It's for everyone. Therefore, the feedback you all provide will greatly affect the outcome of the mod. If you don't like that variation, there will be different ones to choose from.

@darth-me: I will not forget the PC. The one problem with them though is that even though they're divided into 4 distinct races, the skin tones don't always match up. Once the skin tones are matched though, it shouldn't be too hard. As far as tattoos, I'm not a big fan of them, at least in Star Wars. Also, I find it hard to explain why they would have tattoos when wearing some outfits and not others. Meh, they're fairly easy to make. I'll just add 'em anyways.

@Mand'alor
I will send you an email with my notepad rough draft of the dialog.

Keep the feedback comin'! I'll try my best to upload the progress.

I was thinking about making some underwear variations (on the PFBAM model) so you could have some different variations, sort of like Kotor 1. Also maybe some Star Wars pseudo lingerie. You know, with the leggings and the corset and stuff. It will of course be rated PG(13).

Would any of you be violently opposed to such an idea?

jedi7000nathan
07-02-2009, 10:58 PM
not me

Trench
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
:lol:I just read the script you sent me. I'll get started on the Vo's tonight if possible!:D

VarsityPuppet
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
One more update. I've been reskinning the straps around the legs. Obviously, the UV map needs a little work, but overall it's an improvement from the original right?

http://f.imagehost.org/0366/Visas4.jpg

http://f.imagehost.org/0669/Visas5.jpg

Trench
07-03-2009, 12:32 AM
They do look better VP. Keep it up:D

Darth Payne
07-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Cool, the straps on her legs look like saber holsters.

jedi7000nathan
07-03-2009, 03:13 AM
:eek::eek::eek: wow can't wait

darth-me
07-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Varsity, you are an artist! Keep up the great work! Those straps definately look better now

VarsityPuppet
07-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Another update. This seems to be going quite slowly.. tedious tedious work.

Anyways, I thought I should add something to secure the leg straps, and after messing up countless times, I finally came up with something like this:

I redid it about 7 times, and it never looked right no matter what I did. I figured once I put shinyness in, it might remedy it. What do you all think?

http://h.imagehost.org/0623/Visas7.jpg

And speaking of shinyness, leathers are generally pretty shiny... so I did a little test. I polished up the leather a bit. IMO, it looks amazing, and adds more life to the texture.

http://h.imagehost.org/0015/Visas6.jpg

Since I've been working on the leathers for awhile, I decided I should take a break and work on some of the actual characters. For the creeper merchant, I had a couple of heads in mind, but I wasn't sure which I should use.

So far, I thought of using either Igear or Mekel's head, but neither have struck me as inherently creepy.

Darth Cryptic
07-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Damn VP, just damn. I said it before, but I love the leathers. and the leg stuff just... -thumbs up-

darth-me
07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
How about one of the old men heads :p - VERY creepy.

Endorenna
07-04-2009, 06:11 PM
This looks like it's gonna be a very cool mod. :) I think the clothes look good, if you want a sexy look--I'm personally looking forward to the dialogue. It'll be fun to play as a female Exile and tell him what to do with himself. :p

Well, provided I can get the game to work... -_-

Darth Payne
07-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I was thinking about Griff and Mission from K1 when a creepy thought hit me.

What if the creepy merchant was a male twilek that used his sister as a model for the various outfits. (It actually sounds like something Griff would do to Mission if they had never left Taris.)

Trench
07-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I was thinking about Griff and Mission from K1 when a creepy thought hit me.

What if the creepy merchant was a male twilek that used his sister as a model for the various outfits. (It actually sounds like something Griff would do to Mission if they had never left Taris.)

You know, people have been committed for saying things like that:p.

Lord of Hunger
07-04-2009, 07:05 PM
This keeps getting better and better. Well done VP! I think that a bit of shininess on that one part will help, and the polishing you did is definitely making the textures look less flat.

Please, keep bringing on the coolness. As awesome as Visas is, I can't wait to see what you're going to bring out for Mira next.

VarsityPuppet
07-04-2009, 08:31 PM

Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about what relationship the creepy merchant has with his dancer/model. The problem is that I wanted the dancer to be a Zeltron. If they were brother and sister, that would require that the merchant be a Zeltron as well.

So here is Brenya, the Zeltron model.

http://h.imagehost.org/0882/Brenya1.jpg

I realize some of you might be wondering why she looks like Bastila. This is based on the premise that Zeltrons often seem familiar to people even though they've never met... at least I think that it was Zeltrons that that applied to. If too many of you think it's a bad idea, I could pick a different head, but it has to be 'attractive', because that's how Zeltrons are.

You'll of course be able to talk to her, and there will even be a dialog option on why she looks familiar/like Bastila (to make a bit more sense of her appearance)

One more leather update.

http://h.imagehost.org/0103/Visas8.jpg

I got sick and tired of working on the leg straps, so I undertook the less taxing process of re-drawing the legs so they can be bare. I think it's passable, but there are no discernible knees (there were none to begin with though). Is this a deal breaker, or do you guys not care all that much?

Nothing particularly amazing to show for the creeper. But I figure maybe I should fill you all in on the backstory I've been creating for the various characters in this mod (yes, more than one).

Come to think of it though, perhaps a reskinned Azkul head would do the trick. If you got rid of the scar and the bum eye, that face has creeper written all over it. Azkul Wookieepedia (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/94/Screenshot7.jpg)

Trench
07-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I liked the first version of the straps:D.

VarsityPuppet
07-04-2009, 09:04 PM
You mean you liked the strapped version over the bare legs version? Or you like the earlier strap version more than the newest one?

Trench
07-04-2009, 09:08 PM
The very first version that you showed us. Many dancers wear that kind of stuff, and it doesn't have to be held up by straps or strings.

VarsityPuppet
07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Mk, easy enough to recreate, though it may not be in the exact same place... I kind of overwrote it.

How are those VOs coming by the way?

Trench
07-04-2009, 09:29 PM
How are those VOs coming by the way?

Slimy and creepy:D

Darth Cryptic
07-04-2009, 11:26 PM
You know, the Zel creep actually makes sense. they're emotion addicts, they love the buzz they can get from people, hence their party rep.

I think the strapped legs look better then the bare honestly. they're to bare of that makes sense.

Endorenna
07-05-2009, 12:35 AM
The straps look better than the bare or the black leather panels, IMO.

VarsityPuppet
07-05-2009, 01:02 AM
So, the general consensus is that this shot:

http://f.imagehost.org/0669/Visas5.jpg

is the most universally liked short version? Fair enough, but I will have to remake the 'saber holster' straps. Shouldn't be hard. Again, pretty much every variation here will be available for any female party member.

You know, the Zel creep actually makes sense. they're emotion addicts, they love the buzz they can get from people, hence their party rep.

Thought about it, but decided against it. The main idea behind the merchant is that he can't get any... which means he has to resort to peeping Tom methods. A Zeltron wouldn't have to be creepy to get action, with all them pheromones and just being generally attractive.

It's good that you mentioned it though, because I was planning on throwing in a male Zeltron in there to model the uh... male outfits. Just imagine him modeling in a speedo or something... sigh, that'd be terrible!

Either way, male model or not, i was planning on throwing a male zeltron in there somewhere. Quest-related of course :)

Also, what do the rest of you think of the Basty Zeltron? any objections? if not, she's going in the mod.

Trench
07-05-2009, 01:22 AM
No objections here:D

ARC Cody
07-05-2009, 02:21 AM
I think a new unique head would be better.
And yeah, the straps are the best of the three.

Darth Cryptic
07-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I like the Bast Zel.

Oh lord... speedos in Star Wars. well I always figured Lando wore them, so meh. Ooo, this would so fit with the Male dancer project I back burnered. Male dancer outfits!

darth-me
07-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Awesome!

How about including 3 versions (as different items), straps, with leather panels (which is my fav), and bare legs.

And speedos ... urgh. Please put him in his own little room where I don't have to go... :p

Endorenna
07-05-2009, 12:03 PM
That's the version I was referring to. :) Looks great!

I don't like the Bastila Zeltron. Maybe you could modify the head so that she looks similar to her, but not really like her.

Will the outfit be available in more than one color for the characters? (like, black, white, and blue options for Brianna or somethin'?)

Lord of Hunger
07-05-2009, 01:06 PM
No speedos please.

As for Bastila Zeltron: Try recoloring her hair and giving her tattoos to make her look somewhat different. Otherwise, use a different head if possible.

Quanon
07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
This mod is coming along nicely.

And it took me by suprise really, which makes it so much sweeter.
If you need more leather patterns, check these sites out:

http://www.cgtextures.com/

http://www.mayang.com/textures/

Each site has a big catagories: Fabric, nature, Food, Ground... etc.
Not to mention very highres shots of leather.

If I might suggest to bring in a second colour in to your outfits.
Besides the buckles and other little tidbits. Not that you have to do away with the single colours.

Their lovely, perhaps a thought for version 2.0 :p

Keep it coming!

darth-me
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
oh yeah - I like the Zeltron Bastila - a few small changes, like suggested above, wouldn't hurt, maybe tats, makeup or something, or (if possible) a slightly remodelled head.

Darth Cryptic
07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Had a thought; could have him comment on fitting to lovely twi'lek women, and also comment on the other female's choice in attire.

"Who taught you to dress? A Mandalorian hooker? Out, out you heathen!"

VarsityPuppet
07-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Holy smokes, it's Quanon!
I'll be sure to check out those sites if I need textures. I want to make this the best as I possibly can, but of course as I get better with photoshopping, I'll probably be compelled to make a 2.0 version.

Okay, concerning the Bastila Zeltron, I am not by any means a modeler, so someone else will have to do that if a custom head is in order. Otherwise, perhaps I should release this as a separate mod and use a different head?

@ Endorenna: Certainly! The only hard part now would be to choose which colors to choose, as I'm not going to make every color in the spectrum. Maybe like 4 variations...

Male dancers:Okay, no speedos. It'd be nice though if there was something we could give to the male PC and party members... wouldn't necessarily have to be sexy outfits, could be awesome clothes or armors. If anyone has some ideas, just chime in.

Anyways, the moment you've all been waiting for... the creeper!

I will warn you, these aren't particularly creepy... I'm hoping the voice will make him completely memorable.

Mekel's head

I just took Colonel Tobin's skin and basically put it on Mekel's head.

This is what happened.
http://h.imagehost.org/0676/Creeper1.jpg

Azkul's head

I had a really good idea with this one: I was going to take advantage of the heads unique UV map and give him a lazy/bloodshot eye and raise one of his eyebrows permanently. The eyebrow was giving me troubles though, so for now I didn't implement it.

http://h.imagehost.org/0197/Creeper2.jpg

Male Zeltron

Awhile ago, I decided to make "The Varsity Puppet" (sort of like Darth Venom's Darth Venom skin) and release it as a mod... even though nobody would likely have any use for it. You weren't missing much, it was just a red Dhagon Ghent.

Well, I got to thinking.. hm I should have used the Sith Apprentice head and turned that red, and that turned into a male zeltron. Cryptic mentioned using a zeltron as the creeper, but I imagined using him as a side quest person. What do you all think?

http://h.imagehost.org/0856/Zeltron1.jpg

Trench
07-06-2009, 01:34 AM
If your using the Mekel head, is that how he's gonna dress in the mod? That just screams creepy to me:lol: I personally prefer the Mekel head, maybe you could make him a little more pale to add to the "creeper" effect.:D

Drunkside
07-06-2009, 04:44 AM
Those both look creepy and slimy... and i cant choose which is worse (in the right way) but if you asked me, id maybe try making the azkul older, like having a white beard and so on. I cant say for sure if it will look creepier but old perverts are just... well worse than their young counterparts.

Trench
07-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes, but they are more likely to have a voice like... Jolee Bindo (please don't ban me Jae!). The younger ones usually have the slimy voices (like the one I'm doing:D)

VarsityPuppet
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
@ Mand'alor: Hadn't thought about what he'd be wearing.. I guess maybe some reskinned scoundrel clothes.

If any of you are familiar with Andur Sunrider, I was thinking something along the lines of his jacket. I don't think there are many 'jacket' models in the game though, and I'm not too keen on using Atton's.

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/tt1-2/andur.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot to put it up last night, but here's the return of the leg straps:

http://h.imagehost.org/0391/Legbands1.jpg

They aren't exactly the same because I scrapped the originals, but I tried my best to replicate it, minus the buckles (they irritated me).

Lord of Hunger
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I like the revised Azkul head, it's perfect! He should have some sort of beard. The screwed up eye should definitely help with the look.

Trench
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
:clap2: Make sure what the guy wears makes him look creepy:D.

VarsityPuppet
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I think I've got the perfect plan :D

Endorenna
07-06-2009, 02:07 PM
The leg straps look pretty good. :)

Now...make the dude creepy. Can't wait to see what you're planning! :p

VarsityPuppet
07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Well, my plan failed. I was going to make it so that his shirt went down quite low and show off his chest hair. It didn't work very well--the head skin didn't mesh well with the body-- and it altogether looked very odd. I tried giving him a necktie instead but it still looked weird. Instead of a creeper, he was starting to look like a dominatrix victim.

So I know he isn't particularly creepy right now, but here's what I have:

http://h.imagehost.org/0134/Creeper3.jpg

He's wearing scoundrel clothes for two reasons.

Symbolic: He's kind of a scoundrel himself, so why not have scoundrel clothes?

Physical: I don't know if many of you notice these kinds of things, but his 'equipment' area looks quite emphasized.

Plus, I think the dingy clothes add to his creepiness.

Here he is in his base of operations. It hasn't been renovated yet, so there's likely to be crap laying around (aka: I haven't done the module editing yet)

http://h.imagehost.org/0032/HQ2.jpg

Here he is talking with a customer:
http://h.imagehost.org/0062/HQ1.jpg

Trench
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Ugh! I didn't notice his "equipment" area until you pointed it out Puppet:p
I think I feel sick.
This is looking good VP:D. I can't wait to see what you do with the module.

ojajebie
07-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Awesome stuff! Thank you VR and keep them comming! :D

VarsityPuppet
07-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Ugh! I didn't notice his "equipment" area until you pointed it out Puppet:p
I think I feel sick.
This is looking good VP:D. I can't wait to see what you do with the module.

Really? Call me crazy, but it's the first think I noticed when first popped in Kotor. It's one of the main reasons I never wear normal clothing as a scoundrel... EVER.

Well, the 'lost cantina' is sort of a limited space, so I'll have to see what I can do with it. I'd much rather use the space on the Nar Shaddaa docks, but it seems like a weird place to have it be located.

@ ojajebie: Never been called VR before, but thanks! I will indeed keep it coming.

Master Shake
07-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Really? Call me crazy, but it's the first think I noticed when first popped in Kotor. It's one of the main reasons I never wear normal clothing as a scoundrel... EVER.

Not weird at all.

VarsityPuppet
07-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, here's a small not particularly informative update.

I've been busy doing other stuff this week, but I did manage to get a bit of photoshopping done.

Oh yeah, here's my first attempt at module editing:

http://h.imagehost.org/0063/Module1.jpg

(Don't worry, I knew this was going to happen before I did it.. I just didn't know where the shelf was)

One problem I'm having is that the whereami armband won't give me the coordinates of the PCs location. It'll give the "closest" character/placeable/waypoint/etc, but not the coordinates. Is there something I'm missing, or I wonder if it's just an xbox thing.

The other thing is that there are apparently no placeables in the "lost cantina". Which means I'm probably not going to be able to get rid of much.

EDIT: Okay, got him in the right place now (screenshot'll come later) as well as the chadra fan at his workbench. But now I'm wondering how to get characters to perform animations. You know, like make dancers dance rather than stand there. Is this done with waypoints, scripts, or something else?

VarsityPuppet
11-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Hate to bump, but I'd like to announce that I am starting up this mod again.

HOWEVER, some problems have arisen:

1 - I can no longer use the cut room on Nar Shaddaa. I want this to be as compatible as possible, and the TSLRCM restores Opo Chano on Nar Shaddaa and he's in that room.

2 - I'm making this a less ambitious and intrusive mod. I originally had the intention of adding a bunch of side quests and whatnot... but I'm going to keep this simple.

3 - Not a problem so much, but I need to know what color outfits to make for the female characters.

Here's what I've got so far:

Handmaiden: White
Visas: Maroon
Mira: Dark Green
PC: Black?

Anyways, I need input... otherwise, this mod will be released as I see fit, which at this point could very well be the bare minimum

Lord of Hunger
11-19-2009, 03:02 PM
1) There are plenty of locations on Nar Shaddaa that would work. For example, the flop house.
2) That's probably a good idea. The more you add, the less likely the mod will be finished.
3) Those colors all work. Go with it.

jedi7000nathan
11-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Mira should have lime green, visas should wear scarlet with gold lines like on her vail, and pc should have multiple outfits

Darth Cryptic
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
There's several rooms that can be used in the Refugee sector on the -tries to remember the name- Not the Exchange side, the other side. there's four rooms that you can open up just before you get to the Gang's territory.

VarsityPuppet
11-20-2009, 12:57 AM
There's several rooms that can be used in the Refugee sector on the -tries to remember the name- Not the Exchange side, the other side. there's four rooms that you can open up just before you get to the Gang's territory.

That's an excellent idea! Believe it or not, but I had not considered the Refugee sector at all for this mod.

@ jedi7000nathan: will do. Variations are good :)

darth_kira56
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
As An idea for the "stalker"
LS Option: when found you let him live
DS Option: You Kill Him

:) hi
12-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Hey im looking forward to this mod :) if your still making it. :D

VarsityPuppet
12-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Yep, I'm cracking down on my various mods to finish them before the year's through. Once I finish my peragus tweak, I'm onto the Creepy Fashion Merchant