PDA

View Full Version : Robe Reskin Help


DEM_Provider
06-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Hi, currently I'm working on a mod for K2 that involves new items, including a reskinned Jedi Robe (the basic a_robe_08). What I've done so far is the usual, extracting the uti, altering what I wish to, and saving under a new name. For the reskin itself, I've taken the breastplate from a_heavy_07 and superimposed it over part of the tunic. The combined tga file is called a_robe_31.tga.

What I'm having trouble with is getting the correct values for texture variation, model variation, body variation, and palette id in KotORTool.
The a_robe_08 has values of 4,0,0,25 for texture, model, body, palette.

My robe is called a_robe_31, and the template resref and tag are set to this. Currently I have the texture, model, body, and palette set to: 31,0,0,25.

This set-up doesn't work in the KSE, which is my current method of adding the items. Could someone explain what I've done wrong? I think what I have messed up is the texture and palette, but I'm truly lost. If you're willing to help, thank you so much. Feel free to email me if you want more info on the problem, or would like to see the files involved.

My email is {Snip} Email removed as per forum rules, PM the poster instead. -RH

Rtas Vadum
06-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Hi, currently I'm working on a mod for K2 that involves new items, including a reskinned Jedi Robe (the basic a_robe_08). What I've done so far is the usual, extracting the uti, altering what I wish to, and saving under a new name. For the reskin itself, I've taken the breastplate from a_heavy_07 and superimposed it over part of the tunic. The combined tga file is called a_robe_31.tga.

What I'm having trouble with is getting the correct values for texture variation, model variation, body variation, and palette id in KotORTool.
The a_robe_08 has values of 4,0,0,25 for texture, model, body, palette.

My robe is called a_robe_31, and the template resref and tag are set to this. Currently I have the texture, model, body, and palette set to: 31,0,0,25.

This set-up doesn't work in the KSE, which is my current method of adding the items. Could someone explain what I've done wrong? I think what I have messed up is the texture and palette, but I'm truly lost. If you're willing to help, thank you so much. Feel free to email me if you want more info on the problem, or would like to see the files involved.

My email is {Snip} Email removed as per forum rules, PM the poster instead. -RH

As I did it, I just changed the texture variation in the edited uti, added the new texture to the override(along with the uti-changed filename, along with changing the template resref and tag fields), and then made an icon for it(ia_robe_[same as texture number].tga or something to that effect). Doing that should get your robe in game. As to it showing up in KSE's inventory list, I've don't know exactly what makes a new item show up.

However, you may want to go with a different number than 31, as I recall that is the one that the Handmaiden's robes uses(Not entirely sure, as I don't have TSL installed right now).