PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] TSL Restored Content Project

zbyl2
07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
For a while now, we - mainly DarthStoney and myself with help of few others - were working on a little mod to restore all of TSL cut content - including HK Factory, Malachor ending and a lot of other, small stuff on all planets, as well as bug fixes, and we're "very" close to completion.
Yes, Team Gizka is doing almost the same thing. But don't you think they're working on this for a little too long?

And here are some screenshots for you guys:

http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=3217
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=3218
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=3212
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=3211
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=3215
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=3214

TSLRC FAQ:
TSL Restored Content Modification FAQ

Q: What is this?
A: This is a mod for TSL that restores almost all of the cut content of TSL.

Q: Is this a theft of Team Gizka's work?
A: Not in the slightest. All of this mod, minus the Rebuilt Enclave by jinger (who gave permission for it to be used in this mod), was done by Stoney and Zbyl2 and SWfan28.

Q: How can you prove that?
A: Have a look at the scripts.

Q: How come you got it done so quickly then?
A: We already had Zbyl's previous content and Jinger's mod plus SWfan28 had some stuff he gave us which had been done. As well as the Dantooine Restoration we did previously

Q:Will the original M478mod be compatible with it?
A:As it is now no it is not compatible. It will either need to be patched or wait for M478EP.

Q: What does this mod restore?
A: We tend to look at as "what does the mod NOT restore?", so here's a list of what was not included:
M4-78 - The Droid Planet is still a part of Stoney's M4-78RP and M4-78EP. The M4-78EP will be compatible with the TSLRCM.

"Darth Atris" - There was too little material left to properly restore this aspect of the ending.

GenoHaradan - Again, too little content left. However, Lord of Hunger is currently designing a storyline for a heavily expanded version of the GenoHaradan Side Quest. It will be released as a fully compatible patch.

Nihilus vs. Sion - Essentially part of the GenoHaradan Side Quest and will be part of Lord of Hunger's storyline.

Sell Vrook into Slavery - Again, too little content. Also conflicts with the storyline.

Dustil Onasi - No content to work with, or a reason to restore.

Ravager Crashing Into Telos - Does not fit the storyline as it would most likely result in the destruction of Ebon Hawk, thereby conflicting with later events.

Q: How much is done?
A: Everything. All that remains is bug testing and fixing.

Q: When will it be done?
A: It is hard to give a release date since it depends on how fast the mod can be tested and how quickly issues can be resolved. However, we are aiming for this summer and given how fast progress is occuring it is likely we will be done soon. However, we would appreciate it if people could keep questions of "When will it be done" to a minimum. We will try to post updates as much as possible to satisfy your curiousity, and we do appreciate people following our work.

Q: Will this mod use the TSL Patcher?
A: Yes, this mod aims to be compatible with as many other mods as possible. However, so mods such the famous USM will require an additional compatibility patch to function. Unlike Team Gizka, we will be providing compatibility with other mods if possible.

Q: Will I need to have a clean override in order to use TSLRCM?
A: Yes, in fact you will need to completely reinstall TSL without preserving any of the configurations already in existence.

Q: Is there a way to find out if a mod is incompatible with TSLRCM?
A: Yes. Check to see if the mod in question changes something that TSLRCM also changes. This can be done by either dropping the files into your override and seeing if they overwrite something. This does not ensure that you will find out if TSLRCM and the mod you are using are incompatible, however, but we are planning on creating a list of mods on DeadlyStream that have been tested for compatibility.

Also, single file reskins (like Drewton's Darth Nihilus reskin) are easily compatible with TSLRCM.

Q: Have you fixed any bugs present in the original game?
A: All the bugs we have fixed are related to the cut content, so many of the broken side quests such as "Redemption" or the Telos criminals side quest were restored. A few other blocks such as a dialog option with the Handmaidens that results in a game crash have been resolved as well. However, the aim of this mod was not to eliminate all the bugs in the game, so there may still be some spelling errors or such that were there to begin with that are still present.

Q: Is it true that Zbyl2's Ravager Rewrite is included in this mod?
A: Yes, the most up-to-date version actually.

Q: How well is the cut storyline material implemented?
A: Very well. In the earliest stage of testing we found and eliminated a couple of VOs that conflicted with the storyline while maintaining the maximum amount of restored content possible. The camera angles have also been implemented quite well.

Q: Did you cut corners?
A: No at all. In fact, like the GenoHaradan the HK Factory was planned to be added as a patch later on, but Stoney and Zbyl2 took the time to implement it.

Q: Can I beta test TSLRCM?
A: Contact Stoney, Zbyl2, or Lord of Hunger via Private Messaging if you are interested in beta testing.

Q: Is this mod supposed to compete with Team Gizka's TSLRP?
A: Not at all. It has been created with the sole intent of fulfilling what many people have been asking for: providing a complete TSL.

Queen of Night
07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Oh thats very cool.

Trench
07-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Kandosii! Never mind Team Gizka, now this is progress!:D

Lord of Hunger
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, just to clarify we are in the beta testing stage. All the content that we are adding has been added.

Insignia_Enithma
07-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Finnally... Team Gizka are just taking the buiscuit.

DarthParametric
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Might I suggest that you don't follow TG's example and make incremental/beta releases public?

TriggerGod
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Might I suggest that you don't follow TG's example and make incremental/beta releases public?

IMO, TG had it right. With a closed Beta, the team can keep things more organized and keep the Beta Testers using only that mod/mods that definitely don't conflict. (My run through is only using a few mods other then this TSLRCP. A couple of skins I have, and some other skins from around the net. Nothing added, only replacements.)

With an open beta, there are more people, but thats about the only thing good about it. People would be reporting bugs that aren't caused by the TSLRCP, but by other bigger mods, like the USM or the Holowan Consortium, conflicting with the Project.

All in all, a closed beta is more organized than an open beta. And with more organization, more bugs would be dealt with, meaning a faster release.

VarsityPuppet
07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Nevermind combining multiple restoration mods, I'll just wait until this is out and then download it!

Lord of Hunger
07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, one advantage of the mod is that it has Zbyl's TSL:URC built into it, with several improvements. That means you are getting even more cut content. However, since there was too little material, the GenoHaradan side quest is not going to be included in this mod. Instead, it will be included in a separate patch as a more heavily expanded side quest. More info on this is on DeadlyStream.com.

Mindtwistah
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Thank you for doing this!

I stopped following Team Gizka two years ago. When I came back (About a month ago) expecting it was released already (I just installed SWKOTOR:TSL again, and wanted the mod) they were still not finished! I mean sure, it's a large project they're doing, but after 5 bloody years you expect it to be released already..

Ping
07-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Sounds nice. I do agree, TG is taking too long, and having almost every piece of cut content will be even better.

Salzella
07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
it'd be hilarious if TG released their version tomorrow or something.

SpaceAlex
07-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Hmm, first nothing for years, and now suddenly everyone and their mother is working on restored content. :D I'm not complaining, but I believe all these restoration mods will make it extremely hard for me (and possibly others) to do release any sort of mod for TSL due to the various compatibility issues that will arise.

Anyway, don't take this the wrong way; I totally respect what you're trying to do, and am in no way suggesting you shouldn't do it. I'm just a little tired and feel like ranting. :xp:

Btw, good job on the mod. :D

Master Shake
07-15-2009, 06:43 PM
It's nice to see some initiative, sometimes you just have to do things yourself.

Lord of Hunger
07-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Indeed baboyjhg. In fact, Team Gizka has often told people that are dissatisfied with their progress rate that if they didn't like it they could do their own restoration. Essentially that's exactly what Stoney and Zbyl have done, and it turned out quite well in my opinion.

UPDATE:

We now have an FAQ to help answer any questions you may have about TSLRCM

We will also have a nice little surprise for you soon. :D

xrefusex
07-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Awesome! I somewhat gave up on TG and playing a nice version of TSL after their ridiculous attempt at an April Fool's 'joke'. High fives all around, hope this comes out by the end of the summer, before all my university research starts claiming what little free time I have.

Lord of Hunger
07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
@ xrefusex: Though I can't say for certain, I'm predicting that we'll have this done before then.

ojajebie
07-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanx. I am so bored of waiting for TG's project to be released. Imho, it's vaporware. I am pretty sure that Zbyl2, DarthStoney and other talented modders will make a great job.
Good luck!

TriggerGod
07-15-2009, 07:46 PM
{Snip} Removed because post has been deleted. -RH

Anyways, I got some screens while I was running through. I got all of Telos (the first visit that is...) done, and part of Nar Shaddaa. I'll upload and post them in a bit.

EDIT: Here are the screens:

Atris sends Brianna (the handmaiden) on a mission:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Abioshazard/Restoration%20Project/Atris-mission1.png?t=1247698775
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Abioshazard/Restoration%20Project/Atris-mission2.png?t=1247698706

Atton being a sore loser against T3:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Abioshazard/Restoration%20Project/atton-t3-pazzak2.png?t=1247698776
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Abioshazard/Restoration%20Project/atton-t3-pazzak.png?t=1247698778

And a Gran trying to do something completely unrelated: (twi'lek is talking if you couldn't tell.. :p)
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd277/Abioshazard/Restoration%20Project/twi-lek_gran.png?t=1247698779

ojajebie
07-15-2009, 07:55 PM
I have just read FAQ and I am really impresed. Especially, with the idea of an optional patch with added GenoHaradan Side Quest. It will be great to finally see the clash of titans (Nihilus vs Sion). Oh, I almost forgot - TSLRCM will be fully compatible with M4-78 mod. Can't wait!

LE:

I have one question - Will be option of "dumping" Ravager into Telos restored?

Lord of Hunger
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately, the Ravager crashing into Telos option is not making it into this restoration. There's the problem of the Ebon Hawk being on Citadel Station, you see....

@ TriggerGod: Nice screens! I see that your Atris reskin is working.

{Snip} Removed, as it is referencing a deleted post. -RH

TriggerGod
07-15-2009, 10:24 PM
@ TriggerGod: Nice screens! I see that your Atris reskin is working.
Its not exactly working, I just placed my historian robe version and the head skin into my override. Nothing special about it.

{Snip} Again. -RH

Q
07-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, you all certainly have my blessing. :p
Amen to that. It's great that y'all are doing this, but please learn from T-G's mistakes and keep the instances of tooting your own horn to a minimum until you have a genuine release ready.

@Trigger: you're working on this, too?! You traitor! :xp:

DarthParametric
07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
IMO, TG had it right.If you want to see how to properly make and release a large-scale mod then take a look at some of the Infinity Engine mods like BG2 Fixpack. If you want to keep it closed and private then that's fine - it's your prerogative. But in that case keep your mouth shut about it until you release it. Don't make public announcements about something that isn't public. The whole TSLRP thing has been ridiculously overhyped.

Anyway this is not the place to be talking about that. Hopefully we'll be seeing something concrete of TSLRCP soon.

Tysyacha
07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Are you doing Atris as Traya? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, FORCE, PLEASE!

miro42
07-16-2009, 12:36 AM
I enjoyed the UnRestored Content Mod...so yeah, I can't wait until this is released. :thmbup1:

Lex.mkr
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
@Tysyacha: No, they aren't going to restore this. From Stoney himself (on DeadlyStream):

Some things are not possible due to not enough content left or they just don't fit into the storyline. Also some things are just silly (Atris as Traya,selling Vrook to Narshadaa)

Lord of Hunger
07-16-2009, 12:46 AM
I am frankly very glad that Atris as Traya is not being restored. It makes no sense, as Kreia is frankly the start of the game and deserves every moment of her spotlight IMO.

RedHawke
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM
Anyway this is not the place to be talking about that. Hopefully we'll be seeing something concrete of TSLRCP soon.
You are correct it isn't the place to be talking about TSLRP and its modding team and or its failures and drama, so everyone let me make this clear about the TSLRP and its modding team anymore posts in this thread referencing them, in any way, shape, or form, will be infracted. -RH

Exile007
07-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Very nice work guys. I'll definitely be watching this project for download. ;)

As for the GenoHaradan Sidequest, while I'd like to see it done too, I've always been unsure of how one would implement it without messing with the storyline. It seems that Nar Shaddaa would get a bit too much content when compared to other planets. Yes, I too would like to see Dessicus make the GenoHaradan base explode. But frankly, I'm not sure if the sidequest is really meant to be a sidequest but rather a mainquest. And therein lies the dilemma.

{Snip} No replying to my warnings either, those are off topic as well. -RH

Lord of Hunger
07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
{Snip} No replying to my warnings either, those are off topic as well. -RH

As for the GenoHaradan Sidequest, while I'd like to see it done too, I've always been unsure of how one would implement it without messing with the storyline. It seems that Nar Shaddaa would get a bit too much content when compared to other planets. Yes, I too would like to see Dessicus make the GenoHaradan base explode. But frankly, I'm not sure if the sidequest is really meant to be a sidequest but rather a mainquest. And therein lies the dilemma.
Well you're in luck

Malpense
07-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Excellent, glad to see someone's taken the initiative...

Though I admit that it would be really hard to implement, it's a pity the Atris as Traya thing is not being restored, it certainly would have been interesting and a deal breaker when it comes to downloading this mod.

Zerimar Nyliram
07-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I am frankly very glad that Atris as Traya is not being restored. It makes no sense, as Kreia is frankly the start of the game and deserves every moment of her spotlight IMO.

Ditto. Was never keen on the idea myself.

So my question is this: Will this be a more all-encompassing mod, striving to restore not only most of the things that Team Gizka has set out to restore, but also content from all the various other restoration mods who have devoted themselves to filling in all the blanks? If so, how much of that stuff will be restored by comparison?

Wish I find the links to all of the other "extras" mods so I could post those portions of their readmes for comparison. I know there was K2RP, the Unrestored Content Mod, and . . . some other one. I know that there were at least three major names here.

Lord of Hunger
07-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Aside from some of the storyline-incompatible stuff, the only things not restored are:

The GenoHaradan - which will be added as a patch

M4-78 - which will be added through the M4-78 EP

TSL:URC by Zbyl is part of TSLRCM, and some improvements have been made to the content included in that mod. Also featured is an updated version of Ravager Rewrite by Zbyl, a restoration of the Hidden Tomb by SwFan, and jinger's Rebuilt Enclave.
Excellent, glad to see someone's taken the initiative...

Though I admit that it would be really hard to implement, it's a pity the Atris as Traya thing is not being restored, it certainly would have been interesting and a deal breaker when it comes to downloading this mod.
While Atris as Traya will not be part of TSLRCM and I do not think that Stoney or Zbyl are planning on restoring it, I'm sure it would be possible for anyone to attempt to create an Atris as Traya mod that would be compatible with TSLRCM. The fact that TSLRCM uses the TSLPatcher improves the likelihood of compatibility with most mods.

Zerimar Nyliram
07-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh, right. Cool.

So basically everything that every restoration mod has restored (or planned to restore) up till now with a few exceptions and additions?

I'd recommend axing the restoration Dustil in the hidden tomb as well. He had no recorded dialogue, and the voice-over guy that K2RP used was terrible (no offense to the actor).

Lord of Hunger
07-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Pretty much. Dustil was a piece of cut content that didn't make it. I forgot to add it to the list on the FAQ, but it is definitely not being restored. Nor is the Lieutenant Yima side-quest (though I don't know if Zbyl is planning on restoring it separately).

TriggerGod
07-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Nor is the Lieutenant Yima side-quest (though I don't know if Zbyl is planning on restoring it separately).
Ah, Yima. Last year, I asked Pikmin (who we didn't know was Balor at the time) to do the Yima quest. After he was revealed to be Balor, I scrapped the files he sent me. So, maybe me and Zbyl would be able to collaborate on a Yima patch, similar to what you are doing with the Geno.

jimbobillyjoe
07-17-2009, 01:56 AM
I lurk around here. A lot. I know this place has some pretty strict moderation and I'm not 100% on what is kosher and what isn't so if any part of this post is a nono then my apologies and delete away =)

With that said.. super kudos guys! I've been waiting for something like this for literally years. I was starting to give up hope (and occasionally lost interest). I would also like to give my appreciation on the decisions you have made with this mod.

Player restored content and player made content are two very different things. I'm in love with the former and cannot stand the latter. I know a lot of people love the player made stuff and that's cool - to each their own - but it's just not for me. So leaving out the content that would have required a large portion of player injected material earns major bonus points with me (for whatever that is worth lol). I am even a little interested in the extra Geno mod. I think enough was left over from Obsidian that it might be worth trying this one out. But because you're doing it as a seperate mod, if I don't like the "feel" of it next to the core game then I can just dump that mod.. no harm no foul. That's awesome!

I know your estimated time table for this thing is just that: an estimation. But it is a very reasonable estimation that gives me some renewed hope. Just don't string us along for years and years and years.. my poor heart couldn't take it lol

On a side note, I expect things like this to become massively popular as the hype for the MMO Old Republic builds. Honestly, it was watching the trailers and video interviews of that thing that got me keen on replaying KoTOR 1,2 again. Sneaky guys played the intro music for KoTOR 1 in the background for one of the vids and I couldn't get it out my head for days until I reinstalled the games! Argh!

So keep up the great work gents! And ladies too if you've got any of those mystical creatures on your team ;)

What you see as strict moderation, is actually us the staff trying to halt the inevitable flame wars that ravage threads whenever 'the mod that must not be named' and its merits/failures is mentioned. ;) -RH

Xarwarz
07-17-2009, 03:10 AM
excellent looking forward to this

Queen of Night
07-17-2009, 06:18 AM
What is real with Atton's death on Malachor? Or generally with the things on this planet? This interests me mostly.

Lord of Hunger
07-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Atton's Death is restored, but it's only a possibility. In fact, one fix that Stoney told me he's working on is one to improve Sion's difficulty, because when I played the very first version of this restoration, my Atton was able to kill Sion in about three hits with fully upgraded sabers.

It is my opinion that the only way to true rebalance TSL is to reduce the amount of upgradeable weaponry.

Trench
07-17-2009, 02:47 PM
I like the idea of restoring Atton's battle with Sion, but please don't "anti-upgrade" too many weapons.:p
I like the power.
This restoration will probably make TSL as good as KoTOR.

ShinDangaioh
07-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I think the best way to deal with Sion and Nilhus being so weak is to use the various belts and upgrades. Something that will knock the damage down to half.

Instead of degrading the weapons, beef up the big bads, their armors and their lightsabers. Why should the party be the only ones with enhanced lightsabers and armor or using damage reducing belts and gloves?

My toughest fight was in a mod where I had to fight the dark mirror of my character, instead of Revan. It had lightsabers equal to my character, along with hit points, attributes and powers. The only thing that could have made that fight worse was if the Dark Jedi Master Robe it was weaing had the best Biorestorative Upgrade.

Judging by what you have said, it looks like the cut Holocron Quest is still going to be untouched. Supposed to find holcrons on each planet and they allow you or one of the party to learn one saber form or force form and maybe some force power and can bump one of the party Jedi up into a prestige class after they become a Jedi. There is so little of it left(the phony holocron on Dantooine being the only remnant) That quest was where Mical the Disciple was supposed to shine. Now? He's pointless.

DarthStoney
07-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I think there are some VO's left for Disciple also. But that would be one of those lets add it later mods,if someone wanted to. There would be some creativity involved/needed in putting back in to make sense.

ShinDangaioh
07-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Some of the stuff Obsidian cut made sense: Darth Atris(why would she have those black robes along with enough for the other five handmaidens)

As to Bao-Dur, I always get the feeling we should have seen a cut scene with Bao-Dur walking into the council chamber on Courscant and sitting down in one of those chairs and waiting. That module is used for only one very short scene(the trial where the Exile was banished by the Jedi Council), might as well have it used for some other scene.

I have no idea where to begin modding to mess around with the Holocron Quest, so it's just a pipe dream for me. Maybe later, after I practice modding simple stuff and learning.

Will there be a way to recruit Kaevee and confine Goto to the Hawk? Goto is a worthless character. Might as well complete the collection with having a partially fallen Jedi(Kaevee) to go with the remorseful Sith(Visas).

TriggerGod
07-17-2009, 08:42 PM
{Snip} OK folks what part of do not discuss do you not all understand? Unfortunately TG you leave me no choice here but to infract you. Remember to err on the side of caution next time and refrain from taking the 'bait'. -RH

Some of the stuff Obsidian cut made sense: Darth Atris(why would she have those black robes along with enough for the other five handmaidens)
Well, the same reason why Brianna has black robes, and the same reason why the instant Kreia stepped onto Malachor, she was wearing her Darth Traya outfit.

But I do agree, the Darth Atris thing was a bit too far. Ceremonial Sith Robes? really?

Zerimar Nyliram
07-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Um, so what exactly does "Darth Atris" refer to? Is it when she, and all of her handmaidens, dawn black robes when Brianna and the Exile return to the Academy after the meeting on Dantooine? Or does it refer to Atris killing Kreia and becoming the final boss of the game?

If it's the former, I personally have always liked seeing Atris and her handmaidens don Sith-like outfits once they decidedly embrace the dark side (and it makes perfect sense that they'd have access to such robes because, after all, they do possess Sith artifacts and holocrons). If it's the latter, yeah, I'm not keen on fighting Atris as Darth Traya. Kreia makes better sense and feels more epic since she was your mentor from the start of the game.

TriggerGod
07-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Um, so what exactly does "Darth Atris" refer to? Is it when she, and all of her handmaidens, dawn black robes when Brianna and the Exile return to the Academy after the meeting on Dantooine? Or does it refer to Atris killing Kreia and becoming the final boss of the game? If it's the former, I personally have always liked seeing Atris and her handmaidens don Sith-like outfits once they decidedly embrace the dark side (and it makes perfect sense that they'd have such robes on hand because, after all, they do have Sith artifacts and holocrons). If it's the latter, yeah, I'm not keen on fighting Atris as Darth Traya. Kreia makes better sense and feels more epic since she was your mentor from the start of the game.

Yeah, its the latter. Its when she kills Kreia after you visit all the masters at the Rebuilt Enclave, and she dons her evil suit she just had laying around (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ce/DarthTrayatris.jpg).

Lex.mkr
07-17-2009, 11:15 PM
I agree that Atris as Traya is a bit silly, but as for the robes... As has been pointed before, is having Sith robes for her and her Handmaidens really any less convenient than having a big room with hundreds of Sith holocrons? Since it's said in-game that Atris collected artifacts from all over the galaxy, she could have collected a fancy looking robe or two as well.

ShinDangaioh
07-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Yep. Darth Atris as the final villian feels wrong. The bit where Atris joins your party to face off against Kreia was also cut. It's near the end of the game, and you'll only be able to use Atris for all of one area(the red alert Citadel Station). No point in having Atris join your party. Obsidian also cut the light and dark side transitions of Kreia and just froze her alignment bar at 50.

Exile007
07-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Yep. Darth Atris as the final villian feels wrong. The bit where Atris joins your party to face off against Kreia was also cut. It's near the end of the game, and you'll only be able to use Atris for all of one area(the red alert Citadel Station). No point in having Atris join your party. Obsidian also cut the light and dark side transitions of Kreia and just froze her alignment bar at 50.

It makes sense to have Kreia's bar frozen because she is, in fact, a Grey Jedi. Plus she bashes both the Jedi and the Sith throughout the entire game.

Honestly, I thought that Atris deserved a bit more screen time than she got. She seemed like a major character throughout advertisements and even the Xbox game disc. Guess it's bad advertising on Obsidian's part? Still, it would have been nice to see her get a bit more time to shine. Although I do agree the Kreia makes a more epic villain than Atris by a long shot.

ShinDangaioh
07-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Atris was supposed to have a larger part, but it got cut and stuff got reassigned. She was supposed to be part of the party and all that entailed.

At one point, you were supposed to have both Mical and Brianna, before they made that gender orietned. Judging by one of the sound files, Bastillia might have been a party member as well, since with the editor you can change your soundfile to Bastilia. Apparentyl, the planets Tatooine and Kasyyyk were supposed to be there as well, since there are still files for the various creatures from those two planets.

I just hope that this mod isn't like Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge: I am on a poor dial-up and can't download the silly thing, since the thing is ~650 megabytes. :)

If they break it up into smaller parts that can be downloaded by us poor dial ups, it would be apprectiated. :)

Back on topic, Kreia still has both Light Side and Dark Side transitions in the game, but there was no need to use them.

I wonder what they are going to do with that hidden cantina on Nar Shadda, the sealed rooms on Citadel Station, the sealed rooms in Khoonda, and the sealed rooms in the palace on Onderon. There is also the sealed room on the Harbinger, and in the old millitary base. Open any of them up and there is nothing there. There is also the pointlessness of repairing that HK-50 in the millitary base and it blowing up. What was the point? You unlock the door to find it. You repair it and program it to follow you. It blows up and leaves nothing behind, not even an HK part.

I guess we'll see when it comes out. Their mods have been fairly good so far, and I won't be disappointed.

DarthStoney
07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I just hope that this mod isn't like Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge: I am on a poor dial-up and can't download the silly thing, since the thing is ~650 megabytes. :)

If they break it up into smaller parts that can be downloaded by us poor dial ups, it would be apprectiated. :)

Your in luck then, its only about 12.7mb currently and I don't see it getting much larger ,possibly 1 or 2 meg depending on what may be added is added.

TriggerGod
07-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Judging by one of the sound files, Bastillia might have been a party member as well, since with the editor you can change your soundfile to Bastilia. Apparentyl, the planets Tatooine and Kasyyyk were supposed to be there as well, since there are still files for the various creatures from those two planets.
Don't forget that Obsidian used a lot of files from K1 in TSL. So some things (Bastila's sounds, Tatooine and Kashyykk's creatures) were from K1 that Obsidian didn't remove.

Back on topic, Kreia still has both Light Side and Dark Side transitions in the game, but there was no need to use them.
Well, she needs her dark robes for her end-game routine.

I wonder what they are going to do with that hidden cantina on Nar Shadda, the sealed rooms on Citadel Station, the sealed rooms in Khoonda, and the sealed rooms in the palace on Onderon. There is also the sealed room on the Harbinger, and in the old millitary base. Open any of them up and there is nothing there.
Those were cut areas that they managed to seal up, and we could open them using mods. Aside from the hidden cantina on Nar Shaddaa, the doors you mentioned do not open.

There is also the pointlessness of repairing that HK-50 in the millitary base and it blowing up. What was the point? You unlock the door to find it. You repair it and program it to follow you. It blows up and leaves nothing behind, not even an HK part.
It foreshadows the HK Factory, which you do right before you arrive on Citadel Station for the fight against the Sith.

Sith Holocron
07-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Doesn't it blow up near the door to the Military Sub-Level? I think that was another point of it - to basically show you exactly where to go later on?

miro42
07-19-2009, 03:42 AM
Kreia makes better sense and feels more epic since she was your mentor from the start of the game.

I never thought of her as a mentor because she always seemed too evil. And why did she mentor the Exile anyway, if it was to take her down? Or was that even it? The ending made so little sense (and the game was so buggy) that I just blocked most of the game out.

Honestly, I thought that Atris deserved a bit more screen time than she got.

Me too! As stated for the reasons above, I don't actually remember what happens with Atris, but I do remember it not being very worthwhile. Kind of like the not being able to bring Malak back to the light in KOTOR1.

Ah well, when this mod is done I'll go back and play through it again and maybe it'll be more worth my time (and I'll remember what happens to Atris!). Keep working on it guys and if any help is needed, my limited modding skills are at your disposal!

Zerimar Nyliram
07-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Here is a list of some of the more popular mods that conflict with one another, as well as past-released restored content mods, as copied from my post in the other thread (where I misunderstood the author's intent):

I have been going apecrap over the incompatibility of [K2RP and handmaiden4females] for years. Unfortunately, I am not a modder, so that technical stuff you just posted is way over my head. I hope you or anyone of like talent can work on reconciling a number of the more popular mods.

Here's a list of the ones I've come across that I think would be nice if they were compatible:

*Kreia cutscene fix (the one that makes it an in-game cutscene rather than an FMV) and Handmaiden4Females: kreia.dlg
*M478 and Handmaiden4Females: k_sup_galaxymap
*USM and Handmaiden4Females: 904kreia.dlg and k_enter_601
*tsl_urc_final, USM, and Handmaiden4Females: disk_enc.dlg
*M478/USM (they use a compatibility patch) and lr_pc_lightsaber_01: globalcat
*Handmaiden fix, rzf_262imprison_csfix, USM, and Handmaiden4Females: handmaiden.dlg
*OndMus1 and USM: k_mus_treasure and talia.dlg
*Dantooine/Telos Restoration and USM: kreatris.dlg
*Visas Force site and USM: Visasmarr.dlg

Those are all from my "conflicting files" folder, so I'm sorry I don't have any information on them other than their names. Later, I will do searches on them and find out the names of the authors as well as which ones came from Filefront or PCGamemods.

Darth Cryptic
07-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Some of the handmaiden4females related issues may be cleared up with the newer version of the mod found here: LINK (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/index.xml)

Zerimar Nyliram
07-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Nope. That's the version I use, and while it may be compatible with USM, there are plenty of other popular mods (which I listed, especially restoration mods) that have come out more recently and are incompatible.

[Edit] Huh. I guess I did list USM and H4F being incompatible with one another, but know me it was probably due to having never noticed the compatibility patch file.

Darth Cryptic
07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Do you have the TSL patcher version that I linked to you, or the dump everything into over rider version on K-Files? Also, installing the H4FE last helps sometimes.

Zerimar Nyliram
07-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I have the patcher version.

I don't know what happened, really. I'll bet what happened was that I simply looked at the folders, noticed the same files and listed them here.

In any case, that's my list of conflicting files that I suggest the team work on reconciling.

ShinDangaioh
07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
A question if you will, will there be any use of HK-47's worthless feat: Droid Interface?

It is a feat that does nothing if you have it.

My best guess was that it was feat that Obisidian had a use for, but dropped with the removal of M4-78 and the HK Droid Factory.

DarthStoney
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
A question if you will, will there be any use of HK-47's worthless feat: Droid Interface?

It is a feat that does nothing if you have it.

My best guess was that it was feat that Obisidian had a use for, but dropped with the removal of M4-78 and the HK Droid Factory.

It may be something I'll see about for M478EP there wasn't anything for it in the factory part that I could find. I Might be able to use, I think it's droid translation(?) ,also.

I don't know what happened, really. I'll bet what happened was that I simply looked at the folders, noticed the same files and listed them here.

In any case, that's my list of conflicting files that I suggest the team work on reconciling.

We are going to "try" to make patches for the more popular mods (USM,The Jedi temple,just to name a couple).

ShinDangaioh
07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
The description of the feat:

Droid Interface
Prerequistss: Droid Level 1
This feat allows droids to to speak to droids who do not speak a sentient language.

Only HK-47 has the option of having or not having it. G0-T0 and T3-M4 don't seem to have it at all. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at their accquired feat sheets in KOTOR2. If they don't have it, they should. T3, because he does speak in binary and G0-T0 because of all the droids he used on his Yacht

Master Shake
07-24-2009, 06:57 PM
The description of the feat:

Droid Interface
Prerequistss: Droid Level 1
This feat allows droids to to speak to droids who do not speak a sentient language.

Only HK-47 has the option of having or not having it. G0-T0 and T3-M4 don't seem to have it at all. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at their accquired feat sheets in KOTOR2. If they don't have it, they should. T3, because he does speak in binary and G0-T0 because of all the droids he used on his Yacht
I've always wondered about this too.

zexer333
07-25-2009, 08:49 AM
{Snip} Ignore mod warnings and you can get infracted, please refrain from talking about TSLRP or Team Gizka here at all. Thanks. -RH
About Nihilus and Sion:To make them stronger will be enough to change their AI a little,so nihilus will use force often(force push,slow),and sion could have more hp and better lightsaber so he will be more chalenging in saber-combat.
Darth Atris:Well it actually MAKE sense.Too bad it will not be restored because i hated fact to fight with Kreia because i don't believe in this sith stuff like -Rule of two(apprentice killing his master-I prefer Grey side like Kreia did,but then suddenly she became dark again.
And one question about M5(malachor five)-Somewhy i think that on MAlachor ALL Party members must doing something,but somewhy i think must of this stuff was cut,so i want to know:What was cut from Malachor5?

Darth Payne
07-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, i once found a list of TSL cut content and made a thread about it in the Labs.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185744

Lord of Hunger
07-26-2009, 06:04 PM
A small present that I came up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rOBUChvxp8

Enjoy! :D

Rtas Vadum
07-26-2009, 06:09 PM

Very nice! Would have been a bit better if the project name was in a different font, but it still gets the point across.

Demongo
07-26-2009, 06:13 PM

Very nice trailer! I favourited it:D

FaZzZa99
07-27-2009, 04:28 AM
"And now i come in, saying something suitable heroic"- LOL

Trench
07-27-2009, 04:33 AM
That video is sweet!

juansaman
07-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Good job guys! Very excited about this.

Pavlos
07-27-2009, 06:49 AM
If I remember correctly, Obsidian cut Atris' dark side appearance because the testers pointed out that she looked like Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty and I don't think that quite meshed with what the design team were going for :xp:.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Maleficent.jpg

Giant Graffiti
07-27-2009, 10:52 AM
^^^

Now what's wrong with looking like Maleficent? :p

Darth Payne
07-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I stumbled onto a youtube video recently of Goto trying to use the HK-50s to kill HK-47 on Malachor V and am now wondering if this scene is included in this mod.

EnderWiggin
07-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Wow. Just wow.

Kudos to you guys for having the balls to do this - it's certainly impressive. I'll be waiting to play this - something I haven't been able to say for a long time here :p

_EW_

DarthStoney
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I stumbled onto a youtube video recently of Goto trying to use the HK-50s to kill HK-47 on Malachor V and am now wondering if this scene is included in this mod.

Depending on your choices within the Hk factory,yes there is a scene(not the one on youtube)where other HK's will show up.

jrrtoken
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Now what's wrong with looking like Maleficent? :pMore like the Queen from Snow White

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ce/DarthTrayatris.jpg

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/news_images/4/47226_102104_1.jpg

Pavlos
07-27-2009, 12:09 PM
That was it!

Q
07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I think that her Sith getup looked great, and there was really no reason to leave it out. All that's missing from the model are yellow eyes, and there's something not quite right with the mouth when lip-synching VOs, IIRC.

Lord of Hunger
07-27-2009, 02:11 PM
I personally love the Darth Atris look, but I hate the character concept. Kreia IS the star of TSL and having her killed prematurely and replaced with Atris...*shudders*.

I hope that someone comes up with a storyline expansion mod like BOSSR for TSL that might use that outfit. Also, I've seen a YouTube video by DarthDac of the Kreia to Darth Traya mod that replaces Kreia's normal look with that of the Darth Atris outfit. It's actually pretty cool and I might try it out myself.

Lex.mkr
07-27-2009, 03:13 PM
A small update (http://www.deadlystream.com/whats-restoredi-spoilers-t228.html) to those who were wondering what will be restored and what won't.

TriggerGod
07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I got a chuckle when I got that line.

Yes, like Stoney said, that scene is in there, along with others, depending on how you finish the HK Factory.

I think that her Sith getup looked great, and there was really no reason to leave it out. All that's missing from the model are yellow eyes
When I first saw it, I thought it looked kick ass, and I didn't know why it was cut. I always thought Kreia should be the one wearing it... :)

darth-me
07-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Is the Darth Atris appearance complete? Does it have missing animations or anything? Because if possible I'd like to give Kreia that appearance at the end of the game (or perhaps Atris, I don't know). However, if combat animations are missing I won't bother.

Rtas Vadum
07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Is the Darth Atris appearance complete? Does it have missing animations or anything? Because if possible I'd like to give Kreia that appearance at the end of the game (or perhaps Atris, I don't know). However, if combat animations are missing I won't bother.

When I used it, it didn't seem to be missing any, though I didn't seriously test it out. It likely uses the same ones that other models do though, unlike Nihilus.

Master Shake
07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
That's why we love him.

Spadille
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm really excited about this mod.
Can't wait to have it on my Hard Disk :D

CrisG
08-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Thank you very much for this. I have been researching and studying TSL for several years now and been waiting for some way to get the restored content together. This looks like a wonderful way to do it. thank you guys all very much.

Laura Muffin
09-02-2009, 02:42 AM
OMG!! When is this gonna be done! I can barely contain my drools! *bounces around like a fangirl* Glaahgblelafe.

Lord of Hunger
09-02-2009, 03:03 AM
We are glad that you are enthusiastic about this project.

We are very close to an open beta. This means that the mod will be available to download but will not be entirely finished as while all the content will be added, there will still be bugs.

As for the final release (mod without the bugs), that depends on how many bugs are found when the open beta testing commences. In the meantime, the mod is still in closed beta testing and our awesome developers are still working on it everyday.

Laura Muffin
09-02-2009, 04:53 AM
It's always super cool to see people still engaged in good games even years after they've been released. Especially since the KotoR series is sooo aweeesome.

Weavel
09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
What happened to the site? When I attempt to visit the forums I receive this error:
The site deadlystream.com has been disabled. Please contact support.

DarthStoney
09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
What happened to the site? When I attempt to visit the forums I receive this error:
The site deadlystream.com has been disabled. Please contact support.

Stream contacted the host and apparently their data centre went up in flames. So it could be a few days before the site is back up.

VarsityPuppet
09-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Dang. I've got more bugs to report.. the situation is not good for us xbox modders

Weavel
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
You trying to get it working on Xbox?

Lord of Hunger
09-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Yes, VP is working on testing TSLRCM for the XBox. This way everyone can experience a complete TSL. :)

VarsityPuppet
09-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Yep. ^_^;

Theoretically it should all work, but there have been some problems with scripts and random other anomalies.

AFAIK, most of these problems are fixable, but other things like:

-the fixed Kreia models
-the fixed Handmaiden models

simply can't be fixed at this point.

I've also been noticing alot of bug differences between the two versions. It's... interesting to say the least.

CrisG
09-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I am hopeful you guys can release for PC as soon as possible, it is great to do the X box version to but not essential IMHO. thanks again for this great work of yours for us all. much appreciated.

Sith Holocron
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Just so everyone knows, the Deadly Stream site is back up now.

CrisG
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
thank you Sith H, much appreciate the heads up. And I dont means to sound selfish about leaving the X Box players behind, i know you guys are working hard and i take back my suggestion. Let us have it when you are done. :)

thanks again.

TheGreenGoblin
09-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I haven't logged in for a while, but I just felt the need to say. WOW. SIMPLY WOW.

lynned_04
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Now that the open beta has been released, I have a question.

I've seen the list of all the things that will be restored in the mod, but I know that to actually see some of them, certain circumstances have to be met in game.
For example, if your influence with the Disciple is higher than with Atton, then Atton will attack the Disciple at Malachor. or if HK-47 is in your party when you run into a group of 50's, then the droid factory becomes available.

My question is: is there some kind of 'walkthrough' that says what conditions have to be met to trigger the different events, especially how your choices in the droid factory affect the game's ending?

Thanks in advance.

Darth Payne
10-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd love to see a walkthrough like that.

Not only for this mod either, but for the game itself as well.

jonathan7
10-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I'd love to see a walkthrough like that.

Not only for this mod either, but for the game itself as well.

:ugh:

You mean like these; Click Me (http://www.starwarsknights.com/influence.php)

Or these; Click Me (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/walkthrough.php)

Or a million more....

lynned_04
10-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Those are good for the original game, thanks for pointing them out. But nothing on the mod content?

jonathan7
10-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Those are good for the original game, thanks for pointing them out. But nothing on the mod content?

I wasn't really responding to your point ;)

As I know of, there isn't an influence guide for the CRM yet, I'm sure there will be with time :)

lynned_04
10-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the quick replies, jonathan7. Post again if you do find a guide for the CRM. Until then, I'll just have to play again and again to figure out all the little twists :D

SNIPESTORM
10-17-2009, 01:38 AM
not sure if this is a bug or not...
but going as lightside female, i used KSE to change some of my stats (no global variables or anything like that), and now everyone is PURE DARKSIDE... i dont know whats going on... and how this was caused... i wanted to play this through all lightside with all light people, but am finding it very difficult because of this problem...

also, i did not insall the patch as reading the contents of the RAR file, it said nothing about updating (or so i think)

anyone with had similar problems?

(speaking of which, this made me reinsall TSL :P)

TriggerGod
10-17-2009, 01:42 AM
not sure if this is a bug or not...
but going as lightside female, i used KSE to change some of my stats (no global variables or anything like that), and now everyone is PURE DARKSIDE... i dont know whats going on... and how this was caused... i wanted to play this through all lightside with all light people, but am finding it very difficult because of this problem...

also, i did not insall the patch as reading the contents of the RAR file, it said nothing about updating (or so i think)

anyone with had similar problems?

(speaking of which, this made me reinsall TSL :P)

Did you enhance your Charisma greatly? If you did, thats your problem. If your charisma is too high, the game glitches, and has people at 100% LS/DS (can fluctuate).

Next time, don't edit charisma/don't make it 148 points.

SNIPESTORM
10-17-2009, 01:45 AM
oh cool, thanks for the quick reply... that may well be it... i guess ill just have to play some more now to test it :P

--EDIT:
Yep, everything appears fine... thanks for that ^_^

Slstoev
10-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Would you restore this i found in Wookiepedia:
In cut content, the Exile could ask T3 if he knew Mandalore. It would be here that T3 would display a hologram of Revan leaving Canderous on the edge of the galaxy although the hologram would not be seen by the player.

At some point in the original version of the dark side story Mical was supposed to be attacked by Atton Rand, who had been corrupted by the dark side. He was also supposed to guide the Exile to hidden Jedi and Sith holocrons. Like a lot of other content, these ideas never made it into the final game, although they exist in the game files.

It is unknown what would have happened to G0-T0 in the non-canon dark side ending of the game, except that the Mass Shadow Generator would not be activated. Many fans speculate from the sound files left in the game disk that in the non-canon dark side ending, HK-47 arrives with the HK-51 droids and they destroy the Remote instead.

T3-M4 and G0-T0 can be upgraded in cutscenes by Bao-Dur, another member of the Exile's party, while HK-47 cannot, though it was initially planned and the dialogue was recorded. Bao-Dur would have offered to upgrade him but HK-47 would refuse, saying that he had been tampered with enough by other "unskilled meatbags." Bao-Dur was insulted by this comment, so HK-47 said that he would allow Bao-Dur to work on him after he was more sure of the Zabrak's ability. Later in the game, HK-50 units would attack the Ebon Hawk and their strength made HK-47 feel inferior so he decided to allow Bao-Dur to upgrade him. After the procedure, HK-47's system checks would come back optimal and he would have apologized for doubting Bao-Dur's abilities. This encounter would result in a permanent extra constitution point for HK-47.