PDA

View Full Version : Taris technical difficulties (KotoR)

Revan's Soul
07-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm working on a mod for Taris and it's going rather well, but I've created NPC's with dialogues and their presence has some strange side-effects. For example, a (reskinned) Twil'ek male bartender's tentacles are transparent from the neck down. When playing as a female character, I come into the part of Javyar's cantina where he spawns and all the patrons are dead (or drop dead when I enter), lying next to or under their tables (suspect some are missing in the cantina as well :eek: no femme fatale jokes pls, friend already took care of that one) and oh yes, Larrim doesn't have a head anymore. Headless merchant prowling the corridors of the North Apartments. Scares the hell out of the janitor, I can tell you that.

I'm thinking the tentacle thing is a texture thing, I must be missing something. I'm sure I'll be able to sort Larrim (prolly accidentally overwrite) & the texture thing out, but the onenter has me puzzled. I'm guessing the dead patrons have to do with the onenter script I modified for Javyar's, but when I test the mod playing as a guy, everything's normal :o I think the executescript isn't firing properly, but why would it work for the male char and not the female one? I moved it around in the script a little, but that hasn't helped.

This is the script:

// k_ptar_a03ae_en.nss

void main()
{
object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();
object oPC=GetFirstPC();

if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
int iGender = GetGender(GetFirstPC());
if (iGender == GENDER_FEMALE)
{
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("TMBartender")))
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "tar03_mbartender", Location(Vector(85.15,110.95,0.0), 0.0));
}
}
else
{
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("TFBartender")))
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "tar03_fbartender", Location(Vector(85.15,110.95,0.0), 0.0));
}
}
}
ExecuteScript("old_k_ptar_a03ae_en", OBJECT_SELF);
}

Thanks in advance for any advice :).

Qui-Gon Glenn
07-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey there! I think I see one or two things. I must say, your code is a little hard to read, without tabbing in on those if statements... just a thought, you may do that already and lost it with the cut and paste....

Your code follows, my change will be in dark orange

// k_ptar_a03ae_en.nss

void main()
{
object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();
object oPC=GetFirstPC();

if (GetIsPC(oEntering)) {
int iGender = GetGender(GetFirstPC());
if (iGender == GENDER_FEMALE) {
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("TMBartender"))) {
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "tar03_mbartender", Location(Vector(85.15,110.95,0.0), 0.0));
}
} //This bracket closes your first if, IIRC. Thus, the else is not occurring properly. I may be dead wrong)
else
{
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("TFBartender"))) {
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "tar03_fbartender", Location(Vector(85.15,110.95,0.0), 0.0));
}
}
} //This bracket closes your main script, thus the ExecuteScript is dead before it starts.
ExecuteScript("old_k_ptar_a03ae_en", OBJECT_SELF);
}

Also, the Twilek bartender thing is obvious to me, you are using a twilek head and not a twilek full body model or twilek bod/head (do they exist separately?) The lekku are incorporated into the body skin.

Revan's Soul
07-29-2009, 05:49 AM
thanks qui_gon_glenn, that fixed the script! the patrons live again, :xp: And I figured out the Twil'ek thing - I forgot to include the txi file :argh: oh yes and Larrim is no longer headless.

Qui-Gon Glenn
07-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Excellent! I am happy to have been helpful!

Glad you worked out the Twi'lek issue :)