PDA

View Full Version : The TaintPool expanded

VarsityPuppet
08-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Yep, I released the Tainted Jedi Robes in the TAINTPOOL mod.

However, there were many compatibility issues with... everything.

scripts, modules... er.. that's it I guess. It should be easily installed, so as to not have any conflicts with other mods.

So, in addition to fixing all of these scripts, I was also thinking about expanding it a bit. Maybe some more items, some people running around. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to add yet.

So first off, I know some people seem not to like the Tainted Jedi Robes, which greatly saddens me...

http://a.imagehost.org/0625/Tainted3.jpg

What do I need to fix? Maybe I should actually put some work into it? I just applied a cloud filter to the robes and tweaked the colors. Perhaps a bit more work is required...

What other "tainted" items would you want to see?

Here's what I'm thinking of so far:

-Make a light/dark crystal combo. Coreless sabers may be involved
-Adjust the alignment of the Exile Crystal (dark side only)
-Perhaps "baptize" your party members to change their alignment (and get some FP bonus for them too)
-Some Force Powers

Lastly, how do you all feel about Jedi NPCs in the game?

Druganator
08-01-2009, 02:27 PM
i think the robes look fine, they definitely seem tainted.

Darth Payne
08-01-2009, 03:42 PM
To me it looks more like they haven't been washed in a decade or two.

Darth Cryptic
08-01-2009, 04:27 PM
No disrespect, but to me they look like a rancor used the robes to wipe itself.

Taint doesn't have to be a visible thing. -points to my sig- Maybe after they get tainted they look the same as before. The only thing you change is the inventory icon.

Shifting your party's alignment isn't a bad idea.

Trench
08-01-2009, 04:34 PM

:rofl:

Maybe the taint could be a subtle thing. Some Dark Side corruption spreading through it perhaps? You could use the Render Lightning to spread blackness over the tunic, but leave the robe white.

VarsityPuppet
08-01-2009, 06:56 PM

Taint doesn't have to be a visible thing. -points to my sig- Maybe after they get tainted they look the same as before. The only thing you change is the inventory icon.

Shifting your party's alignment isn't a bad idea.

(audible laughter). Ha, no offense taken Cryptic.

And, come to think of it, that is quite a good idea. Who ever said tainted stuff needed to be dirty? I guess I was just going with the idea that it was soaked in "Dark Water" so it would be dirty. Guess I should have stuck with Dark Water instead of Rancor feces.

At any rate, I'm off to fix it.

pssh... hobos