View Full Version : [WIP] The Team Bacon K1 Robe Project

e-varmint
08-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Edit: We have our first Concept Art!!!
V0.10:
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/BacnScrn001.jpg
V0.11:
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/BacnScrn002.jpg

That's right, I was not kidding. Team Bacon officially strikes the first WIP blow in the Bacon v Cheese Robe-off.

I have not yet decided whether the Bacon Robes will be based on the Star Forge or Standard designs. The textures will be:

Cooked for Darkside.

Raw for Lightside.

Whether or not there will be a Bacon Sword depends entirely on how threatened I feel by Team Cheese's progress.

This all started here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199532 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199532)

Darth_Yuthura
08-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Are you out of your ******* mind? If you wish to generate your own mod for this, go ahead, but don't post where people aren't amused just because you can do it.

Now if you can make TSL robes take the place of KOTOR robes in the first game, I'd be interested.

Lord of Hunger
08-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Mmmm...bacon....

I am normally opposed to pointless mods that do not enhance one's gaming experience, but I think I'll give this a download. Could you by chance create an NPC to sell these robes? :D

Quanon
08-15-2009, 04:33 AM
Are you out of your ******* mind?

Why so serious and negative ?

If you like being that in Kavar in serious topics then please.

This is just about modding with a fun twist. And I can't believe the Cheese vs Bacon thing turned into acid discussion pool >_>

Plus suggesting to put a K1 model into TSL is a big NO NO, porting, read the rules :p

@Topic: so the robes are going to look like bacon? :lol:

e-varmint
08-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Are you out of your ******* mind? If you wish to generate your own mod for this, go ahead, but don't post where people aren't amused just because you can do it.

Now if you can make TSL robes take the place of KOTOR robes in the first game, I'd be interested.

I can post whatever WIP I please, thank you very much. You have no say in it whatsoever.

Your suggestion that I port assets is, in my understanding, contrary to the stated policy of this forum. Therefore, no TSL crossover bacon robes will be discussed again in this WIP. I thought that I made it perfectly clear that this WIP was for K1 bacon robes.

so the robes are going to look like bacon? :lol:

You are correct, sir! I am going to replace the primary cloth texture with Bacon! Here is a concept pic (which I have also added to the OP):
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/BacnScrn001.jpg

It is too bad that the Buzzing Insects do not actually work. I could really use some flies that follow the PC around.........

Trench
08-15-2009, 11:41 PM
:lol: I love it!
Could you make it crispy, yet still bendable?:D
:rofl:
I can't wait to see how this turns out!

VarsityPuppet
08-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Ho ho ho

Sweet robes! Any hope for an eggsaber? (yellow on the inside, white on the outside)

Idk, I was just thinking eggs and bacon and I got hungry....

that's it, I'm making eggs

Gob
08-16-2009, 12:08 AM
The pants are too purplish (Wow, purplish is actually a word.) Change them immediately or I will not ingest your bacon robes. Also, will the robes have bacon-powered stats? If so, they must be maxed out.

Q
08-16-2009, 12:49 AM
I can post whatever WIP I please, thank you very much. You have no say in it whatsoever.
Amen.
It is too bad that the Buzzing Insects do not actually work. I could really use some flies that follow the PC around.........
Or a pack of dogs or whatever their Star Wars equivalent is.

It's looking a tad bit raw. Are you going to have a cooked version as well?

Q
08-16-2009, 01:22 AM
{Snip} - RH

Who's making the robes of cheese?

e-varmint
08-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Amen.

Or a pack of dogs or whatever their Star Wars equivalent is.

It's looking a tad bit raw. Are you going to have a cooked version as well?

You raise a very good point. I can, actually, make KathHounds follow the PC around!!!! That's even better than the insect idea! Well done (no pun intended) sir! If we end up with a BvC module, I'll definitely put this to good use.

There will be a cooked version also. It will not be cooked all the way, so it can be crispy and flexible at the same time.

Team Cheese has yet to reveal themselves.

If there is a module, there will also be a vendor.

I'll remedy the purple hue as best I can. I will probably rotate the pants texture 90 degrees.

The next phase is to decide upon the appropriate level of baconization to apply to the gloves and boots. I anticipate more concept art later today.

Edit: And here is is.
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/BacnScrn002.jpg

The gloves need attention first, then I'll get to the boots.

Drunkside
08-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Haha total kickassness!!!

Trench
08-16-2009, 09:08 AM
That's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it!:lol:

Darth_Yuthura
08-16-2009, 02:16 PM
You raise a very good point. I can, actually, make KathHounds follow the PC around!!!!

Okay I admit that idea would be both clever and original.

Q
08-16-2009, 02:23 PM
You raise a very good point. I can, actually, make KathHounds follow the PC around!!!! That's even better than the insect idea! Well done (no pun intended) sir! If we end up with a BvC module, I'll definitely put this to good use.
Kath hounds! Of course!

Can you tell that it's been a while since I've played the game? :D

none223
08-16-2009, 02:25 PM
That looks great! BACON RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, the main part of the robe is a little TOO pink...maybe red it up a little?

Jae Onasi
08-16-2009, 11:35 PM
*Jae falls over laughing at the concept* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll have to give this one a try when it's done. :D

Lord of Hunger
08-17-2009, 04:57 AM
Awesome! I am so downloading this. Just please have a Jedi or Sith merchant who sells it, k? Not to whine, but I hate having to cheat things in. :D

Plus, KOTOR needs more unique NPCs anyway. Have some dude that literally says, "Hey, need to kill Darth Malak and win KOTOR? Use Bacon robes!"

I also want to see the Bacon Sword. That will be so epic.

Wonder if Team Cheese will strike back?

Drunkside
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
bacon sword... May I have the honor of making it? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!

redrob41
08-17-2009, 01:13 PM
You could have two merchants on either side of a hallway (like the Docking Bay on Manaan near Nubassa the Exotic Species Dealer or Czerka Landing Port on Kashyyyk). They could be arguing with each other about which is better, bacor or cheese; and they'll each try to convince you to buy thier product, not the other guy's :D

ForeverNight
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Hmmm..... but, what if Canderous is a cheese liker while I'm a bacon man?

Anyway, Rob's suggestion makes a whole lotta sense!

VarsityPuppet
08-17-2009, 05:09 PM
You could have two merchants on either side of a hallway (like the Docking Bay on Manaan near Nubassa the Exotic Species Dealer or Czerka Landing Port on Kashyyyk). They could be arguing with each other about which is better, bacor or cheese; and they'll each try to convince you to buy thier product, not the other guy's :D

That would be so epic, that I might have to volunteer my voice for that.

e-varmint
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
bacon sword... May I have the honor of making it? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!!

Of course!!! PM me if you need bacon textures.

If Team Cheese ever gets over their shyness, we may be able to make this excellent idea happen!

That would be so epic, that I might have to volunteer my voice for that.

I would be honored, sir!

Bimmerman
08-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I have to say, I am loving this!

So much WIN here.

redrob41
08-18-2009, 10:02 AM
If Team Cheese ever gets over their shyness, we may be able to make this excellent idea happen!

Well, I might just have to step up to the challenge :p I like bacon and cheese equally, so I MUST see that cheeses everywhere are represented :D

for a DS robe, there will be plenty of moldy cheese :xp: and for LS, perhaps some textured blue cheese. Of course, there will be marble and swiss, but I'll get some wax covered cheeses in there too. I'll also use some type of cheese wheel for a belt buckle ;)

Gurges-Ahter
08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm definitely a bacon man, but if both choices were there, I might go with a bacon robe and a cheese sword. Cheese has a much better chance of being sharp (bad pun intended).

Sithspecter
08-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Are there vast cries and demands for a cheese firing gun!? I'm with Redrob, cheese if full of win!

Canderis
08-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Well, I might just have to step up to the challenge :p I like bacon and cheese equally, so I MUST see that cheeses everywhere are represented :D

for a DS robe, there will be plenty of moldy cheese :xp: and for LS, perhaps some textured blue cheese. Of course, there will be marble and swiss, but I'll get some wax covered cheeses in there too. I'll also use some type of cheese wheel for a belt buckle ;)

Ill do a cheese hat :p :thmbup1:

RedHawke
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Just popped in to say :rofl: at EV for this one! :lol:

I'm definitely a bacon man, but if both choices were there, I might go with a bacon robe and a cheese sword. Cheese has a much better chance of being sharp (bad pun intended).
I should just ban you for that one! :xp:

I keed! I keed! :D

e-varmint
08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Are there vast cries and demands for a cheese firing gun!? I'm with Redrob, cheese if full of win!

The Giz-K-Bob would look pretty nifty with some cheese slices.......

Now that TC has revealed themselves, it's time to get some sort of Greater Plan together. Our counterparts are seasoned modders with significant skills. Since I never really finished the Shola module, it may have to become Planet Bacon instead!!!!! It already has a Vornskr that follows the PC around, so that part is already taken care of.

This depends on whether I can unpack everything with the ERF Edit program, but I don't think it should be a problem. Dialogs and merchants will take some time to re-learn.

Here's what the modules look like now:

http://oldhickorystix.com/k1mods/SCREENS.htm

Hehe...Expect some extremely strange textures and dialogs from this. I have to out-weird the Deadeye mod..........

Sithspecter
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM
In all fairness, I do have an idea for Team Bacon:

THE CHEESE GRATER!

It's the only weakness of cheese.

Canderis
08-18-2009, 07:47 PM
In all fairness, I do have an idea for Team Bacon:

THE CHEESE GRATER!

It's the only weakness of cheese.

Frying pan to kill bacon.

Drunkside
08-19-2009, 12:56 AM
We are starting a new cold war with this arent we? Arms race is raging on with team cheese :xp:

BTW I came to say that The model for the bacon sword is ready, it consists of 4 planes and their clone counterparts :p Ill texture it later today.

EDIT: which means its done now. BEHOLD!
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/bacon.jpg

I like the flow on the "blade" from raw to burnt :xp: What kind of stats it should have, and what shader would be good?

EDIT PART2: Got an idea! Since the Bhastardhs (that was a joke please admins dont murder my account!!!) of the team cheese are making a hat i figure we should make one too! What? You ask what it should be like? A turban made of bacon of course!

Miltiades
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry guys, but I'm with cheese on this one. :p Good job, though, love the idea.

e-varmint
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
its done now. BEHOLD!....making a hat....A turban made of bacon.......

Nice sword!!!!! I can't wait to see the hat!!!!

Kainzorus Prime
08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
I think cheese & bacon should be conjoined as Republic/Sith replacements. Bacon themed items for Sith and cheese for Republic.

Gurges-Ahter
08-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Don't get me wrong - I'm with Team Bacon all the way - but there is one major problem with the bacon robes/armor/weapons - bacon is too epic! I'd eat it all before I had a chance to use it against the cheese-mongers.

Drunkside
08-20-2009, 01:21 AM
What if i send the model and the textures to you as a gmax file? Its easier for you to make a completely new uti instead of modifying what i have made, and i seriously havent got the faintest idea of the shader. That way i can get on with the hat faster. And the hat will probably prove to be a real challenge... Especially the uvmapping... :xp:

I will upload the model and the tex to a download mirror, you pm me if you want it.

VarsityPuppet
08-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Don't get me wrong - I'm with Team Bacon all the way - but there is one major problem with the bacon robes/armor/weapons - bacon is too epic! I'd eat it all before I had a chance to use it against the cheese-mongers.

Self-control my friend. Nothing is more epic than a fistful of bacon... except for if it's currently delivering a bacon-filled uppercut into a block of cheese.

I should make a force power: Crisp Bacon. Increases defense and attack power, but slightly decreases dexterity.

Drunkside
08-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeah crisp bacon feels like a great idea. Stopped by to say that i already modelled the hat. Sadly couldnt get it look like a turban cause i dont actually know how a turban is tied, but it looks epic enough. At least i hope it will do textured :xp:

e-varmint
08-21-2009, 06:58 AM
What if i send the model and the textures to you as a gmax file? Its easier for you to make a completely new uti instead of modifying what i have made, and i seriously havent got the faintest idea of the shader. That way i can get on with the hat faster. And the hat will probably prove to be a real challenge... Especially the uvmapping... :xp:

I will upload the model and the tex to a download mirror, you pm me if you want it.

I have to re-learn GMAX, so hold on to the model for now.

This is probably going to be the final version of Robe No. 1:
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/BacnScrn003.jpg

This weekend, I'm going to start altering the module. I should have some screenies in a day or two. In the mean time, here is some more concept art from our graphics team:
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/BacnScrn004.jpg

Canadian Bacon is now Fair Game!!!!

Drunkside
08-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Ok if thats the case then im going to do the mdlops work for it too. And the icon. All you need to make is the uti. I think i will first finish the other model too and then export them both in a row.

e-varmint
08-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Ok if thats the case then im going to do the mdlops work for it too. And the icon. All you need to make is the uti. I think i will first finish the other model too and then export them both in a row.

Congratulating, you are now the official co-author of this mod! In the unlikely event that there is some....errr.....problem....with my connectivity, you can carry the Sacred Message of the Church of the Eternal BLT during my absence.

I'll e-mail you with the details.

Lord of Hunger
08-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeehaw! Keep going with this mod! Long live the delicious, crunchy bacon! :D :D :D

Trench
08-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah! This just keeps getting better!:D

Do you smell something burning...?:p

Drunkside
08-27-2009, 01:06 AM
I shalt do as you say! *bows* The Church of the Eternal BLT will live on!

e-varmint
08-27-2009, 08:21 AM
I shalt do as you say! *bows* The Church of the Eternal BLT will live on!

My mysterious connectivity issue has been resolved, but we may move this to an off-site forum for security anyway. We are entering the phase where Team Cheese does not need to know about certain things.

I forgot to mention that there is a minor ceremony:

Be without fear in the face of the cheese,

Be brave and not upright that Bacon may anoint thee,

Speak the truth always, even if it leads to a temporary shortage of the Sacred Crispy, and

Safeguard the BLT.

That is your oath. Now, arise a Knight!

Drunkside
09-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes my lard! *rises* I will always be faitful to great and divine bacon.

Ok lets stop doing that now... I came to post pictures of my newest achievement. The hat.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/baakkon1.jpg

FRONT VIEW:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/baakkon2.jpg

THE TOP:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/baakkon3.jpg

e-varmint
09-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Yes my lard!

Snork!

... I came to post pictures of my newest achievement. The hat.

Magnificent!

A robe, a sword, a hat. Outstanding progress!

My Bacon Axe keeps slipping out of the PC's hands and clocking Carth, so there's still some work to be done there. Some Bacon Armor may be a better idea. I'll get to work on modifying the Rancor Hide Armor.

ForeverNight
09-02-2009, 04:39 PM
nice looking hat there.

Bacon Armor.... will it have appropriately awesome stats?

Drunkside
09-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I have been kinda reluctant to export the models, with school and writing new songs (its actually a way tougher job than it sounds, especially when you have to also make tabs for the other band members), BUT I promise that i will do it tomorrow. Ill posts shots then. And im sorry if this is an illegal post, im not quite sure if it is, but i had to make a public promise to actually get to it.

Drunkside
09-14-2009, 06:46 AM
TA TA TAAH!!! Captain chaos! So here are some screenshots of the hat and the sword in game. Commando, of course!

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/03f44c36a4941f148502b017dfb6306893742cb9.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/215d386c57a76ef0a660a49e1dcd29d8c0a10efc.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/f7d4b852fa48336dc7dbb7f0db4d2f24741ffe23.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/37e8f2f8c00005340097f2bb7a374025352b0b22.png

Now theres the little matter of making the icons left, after that i will send the files to you E. I didnt add any bonuses to the items, and left the description blank so you can put there anything you like. And i didnt adjust the prices either. Ill send them over email propably today.

R2-X2
09-14-2009, 08:27 AM
I tlooks rusted.

Drunkside
09-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Not really, those are just bad screens... I just went in game and took some shots in the way a japanese tourist would photograph a dandelion.

e-varmint
09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
TA TA TAAH!!! ............. Ill send them over email propably today.

Got 'em!!!! Thanks!!!!!

none223
09-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Sword: Small one looks a little too thin,
Big one looks good; needs polishing
Robe: Great so far
Turban?: NEEDS MORE POLY. No offense intended, but that it a HORRIBLE looking hat. It needs more detail, make it stick closer to the head, and make the bacon look less pointy.
Overall: looking good so far, still needs work. I'm on the bacon side, BTW, I wouldn't post a review this thourough on the Cheese thread (if they ever got anything made).

Drunkside
09-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Needs more poly? You want a 2000 poly crap looking hat instead of a 1200 poly crappy hat? And there is only one sword you know, and it cannot be too thin. I mean, its bacon after all. How many thick slices of bacon have you seen?

none223
09-16-2009, 03:31 PM
OK, maybe not more poly, but in the 1st screenie, the sword looks incredibly thin. I like the way it looks in all the other screenies, but as for the hilt, maybe make the crossguard closer to the blade, theres a lot of room between the 2.

I still say that the turban needs to be closer to the skin, less fat, and a wee bit smaller....

Drunkside
09-17-2009, 03:13 AM
The way the sword looks in the first screen is caused by the point of view. You see it basically from behind there. And the room between the blade and the handle is also intentional, for some reason i wanted to make it a see thru type part... The turban is big for the simple reason to avoid clipping with hair as much as possible. You wouldnt like it the way it was on the first, second and third exports :p every time i made it little larger until it didnt clip... Actually one hair still clips on that head model but i didnt bother with it, it wouldve been too huge :xp: And besides, modeling with just planes is damn difficult :p I wanted an authentic bacon feel to them, so everything is made of planes.

miro42
09-17-2009, 04:06 AM
Thank you so much for being so awesome! I needed a really good laugh after the night I've had and you my friend provided it for me. This would go along great next to the Fabulous Robes of Darth Sex the Mandalore (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199645) mod. :D Keep up the good work!

I really love the all bacon world concept!

e-varmint
09-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Thank you so much for being xso awesome! I needed a really good laugh after the night I've had and you my friend provided it for me. This would go along great next to the Fabulous Robes of Darth Sex the Mandalore (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=199645) mod. :D Keep up the good work!

I really love the all bacon world concept!

We're happy to be of service! I must say that it is quite an unexpected honor to be compared to the legendary FRDSM too!

Drunkside
09-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Hey by the way, i forgot to mention the slime shader i used in case you want to use it on those robes:
bumpyshinytexture CM_SpecMap

Thanks to Triggergod for that.