PDA

View Full Version : Adding ambient sound to player character?

Kainzorus Prime
08-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Since I've been doing a reskin of Avol's Vader (for personal use so far), I also thought of adding the breathing to it. Would there be a way to have the sound play constantly, whether the character would stand still, move about or fight? Scripting perhaps? I'm open to suggestions.

Darth Avlectus
08-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Have you tried going to your sound settings? In whatever device you're using, the drivers might be able to accommodate it with the "enhancements" settings. I use it all the time when I want to go to some booming surrounding sound--very impressive with the small speakers I have on my eMachines T5274--my family tells me to "Turn that the %^&* down!" all the time.

Kainzorus Prime
08-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I believe you've completely missed the point.

Weavel
08-16-2009, 08:45 PM
You could probably do it using soundsets. Not sure however.

Kainzorus Prime
08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Could work for some actions like combat shouts or lock opening, but that still wouldn't be as good as constant ambience. I'll wait for further suggestions.

Darth InSidious
08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I'd try attaching/injecting a script into the PC's OnHeartbeat using either the PlaySound(); or SoundObjectPlay(); script functions. you'd need to set it using DelayCommand(); of 1.5 seconds in order to get it to play more than once every six seconds though, IIRC.

Exile007
08-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I'd try attaching/injecting a script into the PC's OnHeartbeat using either the PlaySound(); or SoundObjectPlay(); script functions. you'd need to set it using DelayCommand(); of 1.5 seconds in order to get it to play more than once every six seconds though, IIRC.

The PC has an OnHeartbeat script? Why was I not informed of this? :p

Darth InSidious
08-16-2009, 09:14 PM

...Presumably, yes. :p

Kainzorus Prime
08-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Which template should I look for to attach the script? Is there even one?

stoffe
08-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Should be using the same heartbeat script as other party members, k_hen_heartbt01. Makes the player character follow you around if you switch to control one of the other party members.

Kainzorus Prime
08-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, scratch last question, I found the heartbeat script, now how would the structure for the sound playing one would look? I apologize for asking so much but scripting is confusing as hell to me.

Kainzorus Prime
08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
I just had an idea, if the breathing sound script played during peragus exterior could be added to regular pc, with replaced sound itself ofcourse, that would pretty much be it.