PDA

View Full Version : In reference to "cut feats"

VarsityPuppet
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM
If any of you have browsed the feats.2da long enough, you'll probably have noticed that there are numerous cut feats.

"This isn't new news"

I know. Does anyone know if any of them actually work though?

Specifically, I want to know if any tiers of Grenade/Heavy weapons/simple weapons actually work or are necessary. I think Grenade proficiency (adds DC to grenade save throws I think) works but I'm not sure...

I need to know, but I want to ask first before I embark on a magical journey searching for the answer, or worse make my mod and discover later that there are numerous problems with it all.

Nirran
08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
afaik none of them work

VarsityPuppet
08-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Are you positive none of them work? in the k_sup_Grenade script, a +2 to DC is supposedly added if the thrower has the feat. I haven't noticed any difference though..

Weavel
08-19-2009, 01:01 PM
alter the script to give you a higher DC, then try it...

VarsityPuppet
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
It was Weapon Specialization: Grenade. It gives you a +6 damage when attacking with grenades.
I modified it to give you +100 attack with grenades. It does indeed work, but only if you manage to get the feat.

Is there any way to obtain it in-game or would I have to do a bit of modding to do that? Do any enemies have the feat?

If it helps, I'm NOT looking to restore these feats, but rather replace them.

Weavel
08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
You could probably script them in, you can add FP's that way...

VarsityPuppet
08-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Well, it's not quite as straightforward as that, but yes you can basically script 'em.