PDA

View Full Version : sides/munge help?

HockeyGoalie35
08-28-2009, 07:54 AM
well i wanted to make some reskins of the republic so they could look like this:

http://www.giantbusts.co.uk/acatalog/SWUTAEXCLUSIVE.jpg

but when i munged it all together, there was no sides folder,core, or mission. does this mean i have to edit the map?

Bokken
08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Did you read Getting Started.doc? If you did everything it told you, and there is still no sides folder, just remunge. If it does it again, reinstall.

I also recommend using THIS (http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806) thread. You can still find some useful stuff, even though you can't register a new account.

HockeyGoalie35
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
well i got the side folder to work now but, the .lvl file is only 11k and half the things rep files dont get munnged

Bokken
08-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Give me a step-by-step view of what you're doing.

HockeyGoalie35
08-29-2009, 07:50 AM
ok, first i use visual munge to make a map. then i copy all the republic assets and make a REP side in my sides folder. i then use gimp to edit the skins i want and when i save, i uncheck the RLE compression. then i go to map_abc/build_/sides and i go to the REP folder and click the munge thing

Bokken
08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Therein lies your problem. After you're done making changes to the map, you go to

data_abc\_build\Modtools VisualMunge.exe

You munge the map twice, once to make it, and once to put it in-game.

In VM now:
Make sure "Common" is checked.
In the "Sides" dropdown box, select the side you want munged, or select EVERYTHING.

HockeyGoalie35
08-29-2009, 10:03 PM
but when i munge the REP folder into a .lvl, i get 130 errors of the deafault stuff......

can you tell me what to do after i edited the skins(the whole munging process)?

Bokken
08-30-2009, 12:04 AM
After you're done editing the skins.

1)Go to "C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ABC\Common\scripts\ABC".
2) Open ABCc_con.lua. This is where the game's functions are, like which sides/units show up in-game.
3) Go down a bit. You'll see the line ReadDataFile("SIDE\\rep.lvl", Add a dc: before SIDE\\. It should look: ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\rep.lvl", This tells the game that it is a customized side, something you've made changes to.
4) Save it. Munge the way I told you before. Notify of any further problems.

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 08:46 AM
im getting these errors in the mungelog:

ERROR[levelpack req\uta_fly_ride_gunshipmyg.req]:Could not open ..\..\common\munged\pc\core.files for input. DOS reports:
No such file or directory
[continuing]
130 Errors 0 Warnings

Bokken
08-30-2009, 03:50 PM
What happens when you try to run the game, though?

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
the game crashes when i start a clone wars era battle because i replaced the deafaelt rep with this one

(im trying to make my own rep side for the entire game)

Bokken
08-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Did you backup the default side? Always do that. To properly replace the side, go to:

"[Your SWBFII Directory]GameData\DATA\_LVL_PC\SIDE"

Backup rep.lvl, and replace it with the rep.lvl from

"[Your SWBFII Directory]\GameData\addon\ABC\data\_LVL_PC\SIDE"

If you've done that, and it still fails, run the game and Private Message me the contents of your BFront2.log

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 04:36 PM
ok i sent it

EDIT: its as if when i munge the map together, the visual munge cant find the side munger and so theres no sides folder unless i do it manully