PDA

View Full Version : Arc Trooper Mod

RC #38
08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow...... I Just Remembered Something xD. I Wouldn't Even Be Able To Use This Mod Cuz I Only Have RC For Xbox! Oh Well, Not Everything Can Be Perfect. :lol:

RC #38
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Hooper, Remember, We're Talking About An ARC Trooper Mod, Not An RC2 Mod

Hooper
08-18-2009, 07:58 AM
what if it starts wit that you are a member in a clone trooper squad and in kamino you become a Arc trooper?

Hooper, Remember, We're Talking About An ARC Trooper Mod, Not An RC2 Mod

EDIT: i know! but we have to make an arc trooper mod out of RC!

Merged double posts. Please use the 'edit' button instead of double posting in future. :) - Astor.

Hooper
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
some1 must design the ARC trooper :D
not make the skin, but design a figure in photo shop... front, side and back... and the same thing on helmet design :D

RC #38
08-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, That Is True.... We Will Need To Design How They Look

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-18-2009, 06:17 PM
well you modding nerds get to work on that. i'll stick to my other kinds of nerdiness while i patiently wait

Hooper
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
you don't have to be a MODDING nerds... you can find ARC trooper figure make it white and design it in photo shop...
(I can't do that b/c i don't have skills in photo shop or the program :P )

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-18-2009, 07:36 PM
ah... i wouldn't have known that. i'm clueless about computers

RC #38
08-18-2009, 11:10 PM
i'm clueless about computersMe Too :lol:

Hooper
08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
so, have any1 started yet? :P

HockeyGoalie35
08-20-2009, 06:51 AM
well there is one problem.....if you want an arc trooper, how would we get the shoulder thingy on, i mean porting is illegal so is anyone good at mesh editing?

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Me Too :lol:

clueless about computers club hand shake!
*slaps him* :xp:

K1lingdr3ad
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Check this out. I could do much better on the colors, and stuff, but if you guys want to request these in any other colors, go ahead.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=440&pictureid=4125

HockeyGoalie35
08-21-2009, 06:50 PM
pretty sweet :D

RC #38
08-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Nice Work. Is It Possible To Make A Red One With A Yellow Skirt/Belt?

K1lingdr3ad
08-21-2009, 09:58 PM
There you are. Sry if he is more orange than red, i can try to change that if you like.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=440&pictureid=4126

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-21-2009, 11:14 PM
thats sweet

RC #38
08-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Nice Work, Man. Dimal, What Do You Think?

HockeyGoalie35
08-22-2009, 06:10 PM
:O

awsome.....

Commander Dimal
08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone I'm back from vacation. So what did I miss?

well there is one problem.....if you want an arc trooper, how would we get the shoulder thingy on, i mean porting is illegal so is anyone good at mesh editing?

The shoulder thingy, you mean the pauldron that Arcs wear on their shoulders. Just use the warrior shield thing from multi-player for the Republic, it's the closest thing to a pauldron, just change the color of it to blue or whatever color the arcs will be and also you will need to some how make the helmet rangefinder thing Arcs have on their helmet. Oh and the picture looks great. It's an edited picture of Commander Bly.

Commander Dimal
08-23-2009, 11:02 AM
I think I know a way hockey could put in the DC-15S blaster rifle. The clone troopers carry it in RC so you could find the mesh for it and make it a usable weapon by putting it in the mod just like your clone trooper mod. Also when you pick it up make it look like you are actually holding it, not replace it with the blaster attachment and make the ammo capacity around 500 and make it as powerful as the blaster attachment from the game. Also you could do the same thing for the E-5 droid blaster rifle carried by the regular battle droids but make the E-5 more effective against Trandoshans. You could also add in the AT-TE by finding the mesh for it from when you use it on the Prosecutor and make it movable like on Geonosis by finding the animations for it, but make sure you can get in and out of it. You can also make the homing spider droid a fight able enemy by also finding the mesh for it. On Geonosis when you are going to enter the hive place, point your weapon at the homing spider droid and it turns red which means it can be killed and also give it as much health as an SBD or regular spider droid you face. Look at my sig and see the destroyed spider droid in the background, that's a homing spider droid. The game might also have some unused features and object like how UnrealEd was disabled, look around in the RC files and and try to find some thing that might be useful to the mod.

HockeyGoalie35
08-23-2009, 12:48 PM
hmm well i think i can do the weapons... techniclly, the atte is a turret and i dont think its movable....

edit: bad news. you can use the 3rd person view to see the dc15 but you cant see it unless i replace the mesh....

so out of any weapon, which is the most obsolete?

HockeyGoalie35
08-23-2009, 02:34 PM
like this? not bad huh?

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4162

Commander Dimal
08-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Sweet!!! What color should the Arcs be?

HockeyGoalie35
08-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I may be able to make each shoulder thingy a differnt color

but I think the colors should be green light blue orange and red

Commander Dimal
08-23-2009, 04:34 PM
The main character you play as would be a blue arc. Hockey you could make the person you play as have the clone trooper skin that has blue and give him a blue warrior shield and put a bacta pack on his arm and anti-armor shells on his leg and if it is possible try to make a rangefinder. The squad members could have different weapons, one could have the DC-15S blaster and one of them could be the one in the picture. Also are you able to put in the homing spider droid. Check out these pictures to help you. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Swi_arctrooper.png

Here is an image of the Westar-M5 blaster rifle the arcs use. Do you think you can make it? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:ARC_blaster.png

Edit:Why didn't the pictures show up?

Ulmont
08-23-2009, 05:31 PM
The main character you play as would be a blue arc.

Actually, the main character should probably be the highest ranking member of his squad. And if the squad is green, blue, orange, and red well.. that's a Sargent, lieutenant, commander (yellow, but orange and yellow are kinda the same), and a captain. Personally, I think that you should expand the squad system to include a five-man squad. (the RC hud actually had room for another squad member)

Commander Dimal
08-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Well I imagine the Arc being blue. It seems like the color that suits him best. He could be like Captain Rex, who's a captain but has blue markings.

RC #38
08-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Nice....... I Did Notice Something Though With The Pic. The Grenade Counter Has WAY Too Many Grenades. :lol:

K1lingdr3ad
08-23-2009, 06:19 PM
like this? not bad huh?

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4162

Quite awesome hockey!

Well done. :D

HockeyGoalie35
08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice....... I Did Notice Something Though With The Pic. The Grenade Counter Has WAY Too Many Grenades. :lol:

yea thats part of my supermod lol

but ill work on making it so each member has his own colored shield

is there a way to copy a static mesh? and reinsert it into the game?

(make 5 shields with different colors)

Commander Dimal
08-23-2009, 07:10 PM
There would be 1 blue arc, 1 green, and 3 white clone troopers.

HockeyGoalie35
08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
ok cool

edit im almost done :D

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 10:00 AM
the only bug so far is that the clonetrooper somtimes freezes but still moves without any animations

Commander Dimal
08-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I thought of a name for the blue arc you play as. His name would be Jai and his number is 59. Maybe the green one could have the number 18. Also I figured out how someone could make a Phase II armor clone trooper for RC. You have a clone trooper body and give it a commando head with the rebreather. Is there someway to give the Arcs the rangefinder? They just don't seem like Arcs without it and you could give one of the team member a kama (skirt thing worn by Arcs) and also there is a way to put in extra squad mates. Also how is the homing spider droid coming along? One last thing, we need some levels for the Arcs.

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
they have range finders you just cant see them in the pic and i havnt started the droid yet but i will soon

K1lingdr3ad
08-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Hockey, here's an idea for the mod you're working on. You could have Boss, Flare, Razor, Ven'vul, and then a few plain clones that can die until next level.

RC #38
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Nice Work, I See You're Moving Along Nicely, Hockey.Not that it matters much but I believe it was hockey asking for the names.Well, It Is Commander Dimal That Decides If He Wants It.

K1lingdr3ad
08-24-2009, 12:31 PM
So Kind of like these (For the 2 ARCS):

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=440&pictureid=4183 http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=440&pictureid=4182

And yes, you can request them in any other colors as well and I will make as well.

Dimal, I posted these earlier on this thread, so you think 59 and 18 would look kinda like this?

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
yea but how do i get the commando head on?

Trench
08-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice ARC's Hockey! But I think you should at least give the regular clone a white or gray pauldron. He is working with ARC's after all, and he needs something to make him differ from the rest of the white jobs.
And maybe tone down the bright colors on the pauldrons as well, they are already ARC troopers, they don't want to draw too much attention to themselves.;)

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
k thanks

but what color should the trooper's be?

Trench
08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Maybe white with a gray/black Mandalorian emblem on it?

Commander Dimal
08-24-2009, 07:43 PM
They look great. Also by rangefinder I meant the antenna thing on the Arcs helmet but the binocular thing is good too but is it possible to put on the antenna thing and move the rangefinder a little higher instead of on their eyes. The reason that regular clones are with the Arcs is because Arcs rarely ever went in groups of Arcs only. The group would be one blue Arc number 59 name Jai and has a blue pauldron, rangefinder bacta pack, and anti-armor pack, one green Arc number 18 name Razor and has a green pauldron, sniper pack, holo-emitter, and blaster pack, three clone troopers one of them green with a green pauldron number 65 name Fierfek, one of them white with an orange pauldron number 87 name Flare, and one of them white with a black pauldron and small (not large) Mando Emblem on chest number 30 name Ven'vul. Give the clone troopers the DC-15 blaster rifle and make it as powerful as the DC-17m blaster attachment and make everyone heal able. Also by colors I don't mean color the whole clone a certain color, just a stripe of that color going down their armor.

Ulmont
08-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I hate to prod, but if your giving a clone a mando enblum, why not give 'em a mando name? (Oh, and 'Jai' isn't mando'a. Jaing is, though that's kinda stealing the Null's name. You could of course, use Jai'galaar which is Mando'a for Sheik-Hawk)

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 08:01 PM
well fixer has an anteene so i could change the texture to black and white and give it to all of them! ill get on it now

Commander Dimal
08-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Good call hockey I forgot to suggest to use Fixer's antenna as the rangefinder. Also Jai'galaar is the blue Arc's real name but he is called Jai for short and in the game put his name as Jai.

RC #38
08-24-2009, 08:13 PM
I hate to prod, but if your giving a clone a mando enblum, why not give 'em a mando name? (Oh, and 'Jai' isn't mando'a. Jaing is, though that's kinda stealing the Null's name. You could of course, use Jai'galaar which is Mando'a for Sheik-Hawk)Does All The Names Have To Be Mando Names? Where's Your Creativity...... :)

Commander Dimal
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Alright then the clone with the Mando symbol will be named Ven'vul.

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
fixer's antenne doesnt work (doesnt show up) so.......im going to finish up what i was doing and ill post screenies

Commander Dimal
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Also I thought of things you could put in for multi-player. Put in the Ranger, Recon, Night-Ops, Demolition, Sniper, Boss skin, regular commando skin, and clone trooper skin for the Republic in multi-player. Also make some mod levels and maps for the Arcs instead of just the campaign levels.

Ulmont
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Does All The Names Have To Be Mando Names? Where's Your Creativity......

I think this picture speaks for itsself. ^_^

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/C/O/propaganda_soldier.jpg

^_^ Oh, and I guess I'll throw in some of my Commando/Ranked CT Textures for this mod if you want 'em.

HockeyGoalie35
08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
lol after 3 hours, i got squadies in a level (clone troopers) pics coming soon

http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4205

http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4204

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Does All The Names Have To Be Mando Names? Where's Your Creativity...... :)

when your a huge mando fan you can't help it :xp:
and a lot of clones were mando'ad anyway

Trench
08-24-2009, 10:00 PM
That looks nice ner'vod! That pauldron is awesome!:D

Ulmont
08-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Kandosii ver'ika! That Mando shoulder looks awsome! :D

K1lingdr3ad
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
lol after 3 hours, i got squadies in a level (clone troopers) pics coming soon

http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4205

http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4204

Well done hockey!

HockeyGoalie35
08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
all i have to do now is add it to EVERY LEVEL! :O

EDIT: almost done with Geonosis

EDIT2: well the new clone trooper interferes with the assignments(door breach,demo etc) and the game crashes

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4212

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-25-2009, 02:01 PM
all i have to do now is add it to EVERY LEVEL! :O

EDIT: almost done with Geonosis

EDIT2: well the new clone trooper interferes with the assignments(door breach,demo etc) and the game crashes

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4212

that's sweet man!

Commander Dimal
08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
What if there are unused features in the RC game files like UnrealEd, things like weapons the producers never got to put in but left them in the files. Maybe you guys could search the files for stuff like that and use it in the mod. Also remember Jai is 59, Razor is 18, Fierfek is 65, Flare is 87, and Ven'vul is 30.

RC #38
08-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Awesome Job, Hockey!!!!!!! I Might Get The PC Version For RC Just For This :D

HockeyGoalie35
08-27-2009, 06:41 AM
yea, does anyone know of a good screen capture software? but anyway, here they are with dc-15s

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4247

K1lingdr3ad
08-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, the DC-15's are nicely done!

HockeyGoalie35
08-27-2009, 09:38 AM
thanks what i did was rename the dc17 to dc17m1 and copy the dc15 and renamed the new one to dc17m so it was really a dc15

EDIT: and the reason y my the video's quality was so bad was because my compy was running a full backup at the same time

Hooper
08-27-2009, 10:41 AM
uhh... why ain't i in the credits!? :P BTW. can u add the DC-15 blaster rifle in the hood too?

RC #38
08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
well it seems that i wont be able to add extra squad members at the time.......

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvNyNpEGbyQ

everyone's included in credits :DWell, Now We'll Have People Waiting For It :D

@ RC#38: you cant rush art unless there is a development time. between school, church and about 4 other projects im working on, its gonna be a while.I Wasn't Rushing, I Was Just Asking If You Had Some.

HockeyGoalie35
08-27-2009, 11:34 AM
yea that was my whole point and i put it on my site too:

rcsupermod.weebly.com

and im making a new one soon with better quality

Commander Dimal
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't release the mod just yet, there is still a lot more stuff we could add in. I had a theory on how hockey could make a "hudarms" mesh for the DC-15. First get some close up pictures of the DC-15 during campaign using the fly cam cheat and also look for DC-15 pictures on Wookieepedia and study them closely. Then look inside some of the "hudarms" files and get an idea of what the inside of a "hudarms" file looks like. Then open Wordpad and then copy and paste the DC-15 mesh in Wordpad. Then open a "hudarms" file and look at the two of them. Try to change the inside of the DC-15 mesh file copy and make it look like the inside of the "hudarms" mesh file, just it is the DC-15 instead. It sounds genius doesn't. If the DC-15 "hudarms" mesh is successful do the same thing with the E-5 droid blaster rifle in the game.

EDIT:So then when clone troopers and battle droids die in campaign they drop DC-15 blasters and E-5 blasters. Also put them in different places in the campaign so they are just as common as other weapons and put them in the mod maps. Anyone is welcome to try to make the mesh.

Ulmont
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
So then when clone troopers and battle droids die in campaign they drop DC-15 blasters and E-5 blasters. Also put them in different places in the campaign so they are just as common as other weapons and put them in the mod maps. Anyone is welcome to try to make the mesh.

Well if we do that, they we should probably find a way to make bodies stay for an extended/infinite period of time. Otherwise, we'd have thousands of tiny glowing guns just lying around random places. >_>

First get some close up pictures of the DC-15 during campaign using the fly cam cheat and also look for DC-15 pictures on Wookieepedia and study them closely. Then look inside some of the "hudarms" files and get an idea of what the inside of a "hudarms" file looks like. Then open Wordpad and then copy and paste the DC-15 mesh in Wordpad. Then open a "hudarms" file and look at the two of them. Try to change the inside of the DC-15 mesh file copy and make it look like the inside of the "hudarms" mesh file, just it is the DC-15 instead. It sounds genius doesn't. If the DC-15 "hudarms" mesh is successful do the same thing with the E-5 droid blaster rifle in the game.

Well, I'm not sure how the hudarms meshes work. I think I could probably get it to work though, given time of course.

HockeyGoalie35
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
i looked in the file and its all Ssdghkosdhuygbasofgoasdg (giberish)

Ulmont
08-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Ssdghkosdhuygbasofgoasdg (giberish)

Do I get to keep if if I can pronounce that? Ya'know, stuffed and mounted?

Did you open it with notepad or UnrealED?

HockeyGoalie35
08-28-2009, 06:40 AM
note pad

and the problem isthat the gun and the arms are one mesh

RC #38
08-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Well if we do that, they we should probably find a way to make bodies stay for an extended/infinite period of time. Otherwise, we'd have thousands of tiny glowing guns just lying around random places. >_> I Agree. When Games Make Bodies Disappear And There Are Guns Lying Around, It Confuses Me If I've Been There Yet Or Not

HockeyGoalie35
08-28-2009, 02:26 PM
YEA speaking of if ive been there or not, have you ever went to the part on Ras where you first find the scavs in the dark and in the window you see troopers dying. did you ever go back the way you came by accedent? it happens to me all the time!

Ulmont
08-28-2009, 04:11 PM
did you ever go back the way you came by accedent? it happens to me all the time!

Nope, but if you look at that scene in UnrealEd (The one where the helmet rolls back) The only enemy down their is a scav. Odd huh? Oh, and I'm starting a ranked/expanded droid mod which I'll let you guys use also.

HockeyGoalie35
08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
what kind of droids?

Ulmont
08-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm adding a pristine version of the B1, as well as some OOM series droids (that's the ranked ones. Red - Security, Yellow - Commander, Blue - Pilot, etc), as well as adding a B3 and a Cortosis B2. I'm also adding some of the B1 classes, such as Jungle, Tank Commander, Rocket, etc.

EDIT: I just finished the OOM Series and the Pristine B1. I need to edit some of the levels, and then I'll have some screenies for 'ya. (I'm going to give the Seps the pristine droids, and the trandos the rusted/beat up droids).

EDIT 2: I've started working on the Cortosis droid now, and it's more infuriating that I could have possible immagined. I just can't seem to get the BumpMap right. Still, It looks pretty cool. You might want to add a level where you destroy the Cortosis Droid Factory.

Commander Dimal
08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, I'm adding a pristine version of the B1, as well as some OOM series droids (that's the ranked ones. Red - Security, Yellow - Commander, Blue - Pilot, etc), as well as adding a B3 and a Cortosis B2. I'm also adding some of the B1 classes, such as Jungle, Tank Commander, Rocket, etc.

EDIT: I just finished the OOM Series and the Pristine B1. I need to edit some of the levels, and then I'll have some screenies for 'ya. (I'm going to give the Seps the pristine droids, and the trandos the rusted/beat up droids).

EDIT 2: I've started working on the Cortosis droid now, and it's more infuriating that I could have possible immagined. I just can't seem to get the BumpMap right. Still, It looks pretty cool. You might want to add a level where you destroy the Cortosis Droid Factory.

Great! We could add this into the Arc mod.

Ulmont
08-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok, I just hit a pitfall. When I assign the Cortosis SBD tex to a SPD, the Face and Body plates don't get the new texture. Any idea on how to fix this?

Commander Dimal
08-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Maybe you could try skinning them in UnrealEd. Also do you think you will be able to put the homing spider droid mesh in the mod and make it an enemy. Also for the B-3 is it possible to make the SBD's bigger and give them rockets and wrist blasters.

LordOfTheFish
08-28-2009, 09:16 PM
yea, does anyone know of a good screen capture software? but anyway, here they are with dc-15s

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4247

I like how your crosshairs are aimed at his balls.

Ulmont
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
I like how your crosshairs are aimed at his balls.

Cute. I love how your comment is completely irrelevant. Use hidden tags next time please.

Does anyone here know how to add new meshes into UnrealED? I'd like to make a B3 Ultra, instead of just re-skinning the B2.

Commander Dimal
08-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Maybe some pictures will help you Ulmont. Here are some Battle droids.

A-series assassin droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pollux_Assassin_Droid_NEGTD.jpg

B-3 Ultra battle droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:B3_ultra_battle_droid.JPG

BX-series droid commando

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:BX-series_droid_commando.jpg

C-B3 cortosis battle droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:C-B3_cortosis_battle_droid.JPG

JK-13 security droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:JK-13_security_droid.JPG

Octuptarra combat tri droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Octuptarra_droid.jpg

Buzz droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Buzz_bg.jpg

Spelunker probe droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Spelunker_probe_droid.JPG

Tactical droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tactical_droid_TCW.jpg

Hailfire droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Hailfire_droid.jpg

DSD1 dwarf spider droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dwarf-spider-droid_negtd.jpg

Crab droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Crab-droid_negtd.jpg

OG-9 homing spider droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:OG-9_CG.jpg

Tri droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Octuptarra_negtd.jpg

Droid tri fighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tri-fighter.jpg

EDIT:Why don't the images show up? Can someone please tell me how to insert images.

K1lingdr3ad
08-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Go to your profile, then to Pictures and Albums, then click add album, then click upload pictures, once you have them uploaded, click on the one you want to insert, and then copy the BB code at he bottom of the screen, and paste it in your reply.

Ulmont
08-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks! I actually have the EG for Droids, so I had most of those, but thanks anyways. I just finished replacing the droids on the Core Ship, so it's all Security, Techs, Commanders, and Clean Standars. I'd post pics, but that'd take forever, so I'll just upload the files and you guys can demo it in-game.

Edit: We're doing Kamino right? Anyhoo I'm making a clean version of the Clone Trooper which we can use on Kamino.

Edit 2: Ok, I finished the clean troopers, and now I'm starting on a clean commando.

HockeyGoalie35
08-29-2009, 07:02 AM
somone's been busy! and @ LOTF, if you dont have anything to say that has anything to do with the topic, please dont post it

Ulmont
08-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Ok, I've packaged everything up (maps included), and I'll be uploading to someplace soon. I'll post a URL Once I upload it. (The size is 80mb so it might take a while).

This file contain the maps I've edited, plus the clone and battledroid skins, and the texture files. Do 'ya need a tutorial on how to add new character classes in game?
http://www.filefront.com/14423913/Mod.rar

M@RS
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks. Ok, back to your mod. What exactly are you doing?

Ulmont
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Well, I basically added Ranked Clones (Sargent, Lt, Captain, Commander) to most levels when appropriate (ex: the geonosis levels), and expanded the amount of clone troopers on the first few levels. I added some custom Clone Commandos to a few levels where you'd expect to see them, as well as adding ranked and clean (that rust was really starting to bug me, especially inside the core ship) version of the Battle Droid.

You can download and preview it for yourself here:
http://www.filefront.com/14423913/Mod.rar

Commander Dimal
08-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Also I have an idea for a new squad member for the mod. Hockey could add in a 5th squad member that is a clone commando. He would be named Magnum, his number 11 and the reason he is with the Arcs and clone troopers is because his squad was killed and instead of getting a new squad he joined the Alphas. He would have Night Ops armor, a sniper pack, a comm pack, a bacta pack, and an anti armor pack.

LordOfTheFish
08-29-2009, 06:24 PM
^I'm not mad at you guys at all. Yeah, I'm not to fond of being talked to like a n00b but I get it from lots of people in these forums. I just thought the screenie was funny.

But chop chop back to on topic stuff. We don't want Astor to get on us.

HockeyGoalie35
08-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Also I have an idea for a new squad member for the mod. Hockey could add in a 5th squad member that is a clone commando. He would be named Magnum, his number 11 and the reason he is with the Arcs and clone troopers is because his squad was killed and instead of getting a new squad he joined the Alphas. He would have Night Ops armor, a sniper pack, a comm pack, a bacta pack, and an anti armor pack.

prehaps i didnt say it loud enough: IF I ADD A NEW CLASS/SQUAD MEMBER, WHEN I ASIGHN THEM TO BREACH OR DEMO, THE GAME CRASHES(4th time)

and at LOTF: yea we wouldnt want this thread to be locked after all our hard work ;)

Commander Dimal
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Oh, I forgot about the problem with the extra squad mates. I thought the problem was just with Fierfek. Well some guy did it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMBeSGR2tk.

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 07:28 AM
ive acculay been talking with him and he has the same problem....notice he doesnt door breach or anything

Trailer 2 (better quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfWj-jegX1M

Commander Dimal
08-30-2009, 11:06 AM
It looks cool but why are the enemies neon colored? Also why do the enemies die so quickly and why do you have way too much ammo? Is the Arc mod a separate mod from the super mod or are they both the same? I'd rather it be a separate mod to avoid confusion.

I have a theory on how to put in new meshs. You could somehow upload images into UnrealEd and turn them into a mesh. These could be used as meshs.

B-3 ultra battle droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4265

Buzz droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4266

C-B3 cortosis droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4268

Commando droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4267

Crab droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4269

Dwarf spider droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4270

Hailfire droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4271

JK-13 droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4272

A-series assassin droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4276

Homing spider droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4275

Chameleon droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4277

Octuptarra droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4273

Tri droid

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4274

Tri droid starfighter

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4278

If you can't make an animation for these you could use something similar to it from the game ex.for crab droid use spider droid movement animation, for A-series assassin droid use SBD movement animation.

Also the whole purpose of this thread was an Idea for a New SW Game. We should make a separate thread for the Arc mod while in this one we discuss Ideas for a New SW Game and try to make things like the concept art and storyline for the game idea.

EDIT:I have made a separate thread for the Arc mod called Arc Trooper Mod and it is in Design Schematics. This thread here will now be used as a place to discuss Ideas for a New SW Game and make concept art and a storyline for it.

Gamma097
08-30-2009, 12:08 PM
If you guys need any more skinning changes, I will gladly get them done.

If you guys need any more skinning changes, I will gladly get them done. I can't change static meshes, though.

Merged double posts. Please use the 'edit' button in future - Astor.

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
i can change static meshes, everything has a texture. right click the mesh and click properties and open the "hidden" and there is a a thing that has the texture's path

and at commander: if thats the case, i need the deafluet properties file

Hooper
08-30-2009, 04:32 PM
sorry, i can't follow this tread any more, i lost too many posts while my banishment...
i will be available om Visitor Message and PM if help is needed :D

-Hooper

Ulmont
08-30-2009, 04:58 PM
It looks cool but why are the enemies neon colored? Also why do the enemies die so quickly and why do you have way too much ammo? Is the Arc mod a separate mod from the super mod or are they both the same? I'd rather it be a separate mod to avoid confusion.

I have a theory on how to put in new meshs. You could somehow upload images into UnrealEd and turn them into a mesh. These could be used as meshs.

Show spoiler

B-3 ultra battle droid

Buzz droid

C-B3 cortosis droid

Commando droid

Crab droid

Dwarf spider droid

Hailfire droid

JK-13 droid

A-series assassin droid

Homing spider droid

Chameleon droid

Octuptarra droid

Tri droid

Tri droid starfighter

If you can't make an animation for these you could use something similar to it from the game ex.for crab droid use spider droid movement animation, for A-series assassin droid use SBD movement animation.

Also the whole purpose of this thread was an Idea for a New SW Game. We should make a separate thread for the Arc mod while in this one we discuss Ideas for a New SW Game and try to make things like the concept art and storyline for the game idea.

EDIT:I have made a separate thread for the Arc mod called Arc Trooper Mod and it is in Design Schematics. This thread here will now be used as a place to discuss Ideas for a New SW Game and make concept art and a storyline for it.

Wait... you can actually do that? I thought you needed an entirely new model instead of a picture...

Commander Dimal
08-30-2009, 05:06 PM
What happened to the pictures? They were there this time and now they disappeared.

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 06:30 PM
idk.... but where are we gonna get the meshes? because that wouldnt work!

Ulmont
08-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I think I just found a mando that can be put into this mod. I'll get back to you guys on this. Just letting you know.

EDIT: Ok, I found a mando for Unreal Tournament 2004, which (if I remeber correctly) uses the same Unreal engine as SWRC.

http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Jango_and_Boba_Fett;38433

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wouldn't be porting, because that is a mod, and not a standard game resource.

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 08:52 PM
ok cool ill try to get it to work

EDIT: nope its not the right format

i need a mesh in a .psk format

Ulmont
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Bummer. Hey, I'm trying to add in a new trooper squaddie (the kind that crashes the game). I'm using a different technique though, so I'll tell you how it went.

Edit: Yegh, didn't work. I'll try my plan B then. Will update with results.

Edit 2: ... No luck with Plan B... Plan C now... Will update...

Edit 3: Didn't work. Plan D now... update soon...

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
ok get back to me! ;)

Ulmont
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Ok, I'm momentarily abandoning plan D in favor of checking up on weather or not the script, or the Pawn is causing the crash...

Edit: Ok, so the shiney boy was causing the crash. I'm now reverting back to Plan A, but with a different Pawn.

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM
how many plans do you have??? lol

Ulmont
08-30-2009, 09:21 PM
At least 11. ^_^ Ok... Plan A WORKED! Wayii! Kandosii!

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
SO YOU CAN DOOR BREACH?? TELL!!!TELL!!!!:D

Ulmont
08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Yup! :D I have a fully animated, extra squad mate! All you have to do as use a clone trooper instead of a clone commando. Since Clone Troopers can't preform squad commands, there's no crash. You can edit the CT mesh into the RC mesh and you can even have your very own commando follower. Keep in mind that this means no bacta, however he'll still follow you, and you can revive him. ^_^ Also, on levels where you don't have a full squad (Raz Prosocuter/First few geonosis levels) you can use a standard squaddie with squad commands. ^_^ Yayz! :p

HockeyGoalie35
08-30-2009, 09:38 PM
but he cant do anything? he cant demo or hack? but he can defend and form up?

edit:this is what i originally did, but since he didnt folow commands, i thought it didnt work....

Hooper
08-31-2009, 01:49 AM
can you try to make this for the clone trooper mod too?? how many extra squadies can u have??

HockeyGoalie35
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
as many as you like i think.....

Hooper
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
then i would like to have ca.20 :D that would be COOL!

HockeyGoalie35
08-31-2009, 10:03 AM
O_O that would take...forever (and a fps killer/lag creator)

Hooper
08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
ok, 10?

Mandalore The Shadow
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
this looks cool if it ever gets done and just to clear things up the sholder thing is called a pauldren and the belt/skirt is called a Kama

Hooper
08-31-2009, 03:37 PM
but will it just get some new skins an meches? or do you guys make new levels too??

HockeyGoalie35
08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
we are trying te eventully make some new maps too, so this could take some time

RC #38
08-31-2009, 06:36 PM
I See The Mod Is Going Well? How Long Do You Figure It Will Take Until It Is Finished?

HockeyGoalie35
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
i really have no idea

Ulmont
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
In my experience (having created my own video-games using the Beyond Virtual game engine), development takes anywhere from three weeks (provided you and an entire team have some ready-made models, and an unlimited amount of time from sun-up to sun-down) to 2 years +. It all depends on the level of work that you put into your game. If you follow the E.A. style, you can do it in one day (pirate some models from turbo-squid, and mush some levels out). Personally, I tend to churn out levels (characters, items, etc.) in about 16 hours (that's total time spent on the level. 16 hours for me generally translates into about 3-6 days).

RC #38
08-31-2009, 11:55 PM
I Can't Wait For It :D. If LA Found This On The Internet, It Would Be A 70% Chance They Would Make A Release Day For A Game :D.

DAWUSS
09-01-2009, 11:57 AM
What's the storyline for this thing?

HockeyGoalie35
09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
basiclly so far, its arc troopers that have similar objectives of the commandos but we're planing on new missions,levels,etc.

DAWUSS
09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
basiclly so far, its arc troopers that have similar objectives of the commandos but we're planing on new missions,levels,etc.

So essentially, version 1 is just RC with ARCs instead, and version 2+ will be an all new thing?

Some can be easy to genericize, like the Acclamator Star Destroyer - instead of it being the Prosecutor, it could be the Naboo or Insurmountable...

Astor
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Just a heads up after noticing the discussion in your social group -

It's doubtful that you'll be able to use the soundtracks from the Star Wars Trilogies in your mod, as that's infringing copyright law. Therefore, any mod released that contains the soundtrack from any copyrighted source would be illegal.

HockeyGoalie35
09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
would modifying a song like a remix be illegal?

Astor
09-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm not 100% on my copyright law, but I think yes, modifying a song would also be illegal.

There's nothing stopping you from adding the soundtrack for your own personal use, but adding it into a mod and then distributing it is definitely illegal.

DAWUSS
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM
would modifying a song like a remix be illegal?

I think it depends how how much/far its remixed. Something like a montage may not necessarily pass the test.

Ulmont
09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Just a heads up after noticing the discussion in your social group -

It's doubtful that you'll be able to use the soundtracks from the Star Wars Trilogies in your mod, as that's infringing copyright law. Therefore, any mod released that contains the soundtrack from any copyrighted source would be illegal.

Are you sure Astor? 'Cause there's a bunch of mods that use Star Wars Music. To name a few - AEM over at EAW Files, Star Destroyer II Map over at JK Files...

Astor
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Are you sure Astor? 'Cause there's a bunch of mods that use Star Wars Music. To name a few - AEM over at EAW Files, Star Destroyer II Map over at JK Files...

I'm pretty sure, yes. And if those mods are using the Star Wars soundtrack, then they're infringing the copyright.

Now, I know what you're thinking - LucasFilm/Arts hasn't had those mods removed, so they obviously don't mind. What's more likely is that they don't know they even exist.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it's important that you know that the inclusion of the soundtrack is on shaky legal ground at best.

Trench
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
What if they use Vode An? Its in RC so it should be legal right?

Astor
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
What if they use Vode An? Its in RC so it should be legal right?

Of course - it's one of the game's original assets - using the soundtrack from the game itself is fine, as far as I know.

Ulmont
09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it's important that you know that the inclusion of the soundtrack is on shaky legal ground at best.

You're not "Raining on our Parade." I personally, am really glad that you brought this up, and being a composer I sympathize with the copyright issues. We really should make sure it's legal for us to use the Soundtrack Music/Remixes before we put them in. I'll to some research into this, as I have a neighbor who worked as a head-hunter for ILM. He should know.

EDIT: Ok, we now have official Main/loading screens. Comments?

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4488http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4489

Ulmont
09-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Ok, we now have official Main/loading screens. Comments?

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4488http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4489

EDIT: Here's a Cortosis Battle Droid http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4495

Trench
09-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Man! I was working on some stuff I was hoping to contribute, but that makes my stuff look like crap:p

Mandalore The Shadow
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow this stuff looks great especialy the new battle droid makes me wish I has RC for PC

Ulmont
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Here's our Current Concepts of the Droid Commando:

Droid Commando Concept By Hockeyhttp://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=4496
Droid Commando Concept By Ulmonthttp://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4499

Mandalore The Shadow
09-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Your droid commando looks fantastic are they going to be harder to kill?

HockeyGoalie35
09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
probably, we may even add a shield on it ( a small one)

Ulmont
09-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Here are some new enemies which you will be facing in our mod:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=451&pictureid=4612

They are (from left to right):

B3 Ultra Battle Droid, B2 Cortosis Battle Droid, Battle Droid (no rust), Battle Droid Commander, OOM Security Droid, OOM Droid Pilot/Tech

HockeyGoalie35
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Nice!

Ulmont
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks. We still have the spider droids though. Any thoughs on other droid enemies?

Commander Dimal
09-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Some enemies I would really like to see would be a regular dwarf spider droid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4270

A Hailfire droid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4271

A crab droid, defiantly.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4269

A JK-13 security droid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4272

An octuptarra droid, defiantly.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4273

A Tri droid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4274

An A-series assassin droid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4276

A spelunker probe droid.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4277

A Tri droid starfighter.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=458&pictureid=4278

Also if its possible put in a vulture droid. If it is possible to make any of those please tell me.

Ulmont
09-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, there's a HailFire droid in-game already... but unless we figure out how to export/import models, I'm afraid we won't be able to do those. However, you can rest assured knowing that I will try my hardest to figure out how to do that.

Commander Dimal
09-13-2009, 05:50 PM
There's a Hailfire droid in the game! Where is it? Also will someone be able to reskin the DC-15s side arm blaster to look like the commando pistol used by Arcs and make it a new weapon?

DAWUSS
09-18-2009, 11:59 PM
There's a Hailfire droid in the game! Where is it? Also will someone be able to reskin the DC-15s side arm blaster to look like the commando pistol used by Arcs and make it a new weapon?

Geonosis, I think...

Commander Dimal
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Where exactly on Geonosis is it?

M@RS
09-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Where exactly on Geonosis is it?

If I remember correctly, I think there's two spider droids on Geo... One of them is outside the entrance to the battle droid factory (I think, it may be the entrance to one of the Seperatist Core Ships).

Ulmont
09-20-2009, 06:28 PM
The hailfire is a static mesh like the spider droid. Check it out in UnrealEd.

Hooper
10-10-2009, 05:22 AM
how is the work going?? have you started working on a BETA of this??

-Hooper

Commander Dimal
10-10-2009, 11:40 AM
It's not going very well. If you want to check out what me have so far Hooper, you should join the ARC trooper mod team social group.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot you're already in the group. If you're not much of a modder you can help with ideas like me. We have a lot of cool stuff so far.

Hooper
10-11-2009, 06:00 PM
so... i can conclude wit this will be like the storm trooper mod (with never became a mod, only an idea...)

Ulmont
12-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Now I know it's been a couple of months since we've posted even the barest hint of an update but...

http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=324&pictureid=5267

You know you want it...

Anyhoo, on an update tone:

In case anyone was wondering the mod's not dead yet. We'll be handing over the demo-version of the first comparing level on Christmas. Our gift to the community. Alas, I can't give you all of the details (untill after the demo is release. I don't want to spoil your fun), but I can say that We've made significant progress. You can Expect to see screenshots, Enemys, and a download on Christmas Day, 2009.

N-5/Prudii
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Yesssssss!

I seriously thought this was dead!

HockeyGoalie35
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
nice pic! i like it!

Darth - Vorus
12-10-2009, 06:11 PM
lol, looks nice!

N-5/Prudii
12-26-2009, 12:24 AM
So where's that beta you promised us???

Ulmont
12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
We apologize for the lateness of the beta, as we are experiencing some difficulty uploading it. You can expect to see it soon. Please keep in mind that this is the beta version, so there are a few bugs.

N-5/Prudii
12-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Ok. I'm not at home rght now(on my iPod touch), but I will be home tomorrow, so I hope it's ready by then. Anyways, thanks for the info!

Ulmont
12-26-2009, 07:35 PM
No prob. Once again, sorry for the lateness, but it should be up soon. (Hopefully today)

HockeyGoalie35
04-12-2010, 06:45 AM
It has been a while since the beta was released and we decided to post an update because this mod is FAR from dead. we have created two new maps (by me) and many new skins by various members

Kamino Training(My FIRST map)

youtube videos of the first map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVn_djNzd6M

The Ultimate Trainer
Desc: This trainer uses a digital matrix database. Info gathered by the Delta Squad, this holo-matrix features colored and 3d effect holograms only used (and known ) by ARCs in training

Videos of the recently finished .:ULTIMATE TRAINER:.
Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWQx8tblXc
Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f-JVOy0_d8

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6286

awesome skins by Jai'galaar Bralor

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6235
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6234

Ulmont
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Also, please see the stars Demond 08 must be written from a black hole does not creep.

HockeyGoalie35
04-16-2010, 08:14 AM
some new HudArms and re-doen ARC troopers:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6317
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6312
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6300
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=437&pictureid=6302

Koietovascorch
04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
This looks nice, i`m holding my thumbs on this project :)