PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Quanons Crazy Projects!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Quanon
09-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Since WIP threads are taking Holowan by storm again, well so it seems these days, I thought I join the frenzy!

Yeah, I said I stopped modding, but the bug has me bitten again, well it never left would be closer to the trueth.

But, hey, you're not here to read my rambling thought, you're here to see, what I've been doing.

So... let's see.

ACTIVE PROJET: Korriban Expanded.

The idea here is to revised my old Temple. Its a real old mod done by me and I found it needed a sort of 2.0 version.

Ofcourse just making a temple and dump it somewhere isn't that nice. So I had the idea to enlarge Korriban, just a bit, so it would all fit together better.

The plan:

- Add a canyon.
- Add ruined part of an old Sith city
- Add temple and its interiour
- Add possible a Palace and its interiour.

In all these areas, there will be some baddies to fight and some goodies to find. No real large quest thing, just some good old exploring!

The progress so far? The canyon is almost finished in the texture department, from there its going to get a walkmesh and some export mania happens: with hopefully a good looking area in the game.

Here are a few renders of various stages of the model:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Korri_Expand07.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Wawaf2.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Goody006.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/TexrendTest5.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Beatyshot2.jpg

ACTIVE PROJET: Aliens.

You can read more about this in J7's thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=200471), but I might dump some modelling shots in here aswell.

Pending PROJET: Aqualaris.

This baby has been in production for almost a year. It all started with some crazy chatting with GloveMaster, before we knew it we had some nice ideas and agreed to work it out.

Its a large thing, as its a new planet, with a large quest! The planet itself is like Taris meets Manaan, underwater city fun, though without the Selkath. ;)

Its run by big Arkanian medicale firms and they're doing stuff that can't see the day light and it just so happens it all goes wrong when you're there.

If it evers gets finished this puppy will be made out of 8 to 9 new module models. So far about 3 of them are in game.

Not only are there new module models, but a ton of new placeables I just created for this setting. Of course most of the stuff is still just ideas in a notepad, but I'll do my best and keep working on this, its just not my highest priorty right now.

Some screenshots of an area dubbed the Residential Zone aka shopping, drinking cantina and a Pazaak den!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/AqPlace02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/AqPlace03.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/AqPlace04.jpg

Pending PROJET: Scrapyard Games.

Yeah, this oldy still hasn't been released, thanks to real life!
Glovemaster was my main compadré on this project to, saddly, "EVIL" college has taken his time away.

So its again on a hold, untill I learn some better scripting I might get this out on my own. Most things are finished on this mod.

Well that wraps it up, on what've been doing.
Stay tuned for more news!

Oh, linky to my Photobucket, if you want to see more shots and renders:
CLICK ME (http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/?start=0)

Doc Valentine
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
EHEY! You finally made that WIP thread of yours Q! It looks lovely, I'm still digging that canyon. Not literally, that's kind of your job :P, but yea.

I will definitely stay tuned to see what progress you make in this whole shpeel. Consider me a loyal viewer ^_^

-Doc

Quanon
09-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks Doc, I'll try to keep this updated with interesting stuff :)

Lets hope this gives me more, what ya call it, steam, energy to go on!
And show off :xp:

I'm still the master [/fathead] :lol:

VarsityPuppet
09-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Aha! That Korriban module looks fantastic! And so does Aqualaris!

ohh. I can't wait Quanon! Please work faster? :)

HdVaderII
09-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow Q, those modules look great! Good to see you back and modding again.

redrob41
09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Lets hope this gives me more, what ya call it, steam, energy to go on!
And show off :xp:

well, the more screen shots you post, the more we'll pat you on the back, and the more steam & momentum you'll build up :D

on that note: your canyon is looking pretty good :thumbsup:

jonathan7
09-17-2009, 07:12 PM
As ever Q, your mods are made of win! :)

Totenkopf
09-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Looks very interesting. Will keep an eye out for it .......:wid:

Laar_Dha
09-17-2009, 08:08 PM
You do beautiful work. :thmbup1: The Korriban shots are really impressive. That red and black armor in the last screenshot is spiffy. Oh Heck, it all looks good. I like that window with the water behind it, too.:D

TriggerGod
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I liked them all when you posted them in the group, Q. For some reason, they look better (not that they didn't already look good) in a WIP thread, instead of inside a social group.

Mono_Giganto
09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
That red and black armor in the last screenshot is spiffy.

That armor is actually Prime's, it's available under "Imperial Knight" at FileFront.

@Q: Nice screens, I especially like the Korriban areas, they're very well done.

none223
09-17-2009, 09:43 PM
That Korriban looks great! I played the Temple Mod, but didn't really enjoy the lack of plot or the half-done landscape. This one looks really good!
Is Aquilaris re-used or did you create it? It looks re-used (thats a compliment if you made it).

Also, looking at your photobucket pics, I noticed a lot:
-You have a LOT of screenies.
-You were working on a bunch of projects at one time.
-You used to be working on a custom module that included a custom model of Revan and 2 Tuk'atas? That looked really good; what happened to it?
-I did not know you worked on BOS:SR, but that stuff did look really good.
-You were working on a good-looking module of Mustafar, I think. What happened to that as well?

If you ditched them because of lack of plot, I could help you some with that =)

Disturbed205
09-17-2009, 10:32 PM

-You used to be working on a custom module that included a custom model of Revan and 2 Tuk'atas? That looked really good; what happened to it?

I believe it was part of the SithRevan Tribute.

Laar_Dha
09-17-2009, 11:50 PM
That armor is actually Prime's, it's available under "Imperial Knight" at FileFront.

Thanks. I missed that one and I really like it.:thmbup1:

@ Quanon: And the modules are still beautiful work. ;)

Sith Holocron
09-18-2009, 12:53 AM
The last two pictures in the Korriban section remind me of the entrance to the temple where Harrison Ford retreived the Holy Grail (briefly) in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

DarthStoney
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Simply Awsome Q:thmbup1: and as always if you need mini-maps just say so!

disbeliever
09-18-2009, 09:36 AM
You've got a lot going on buddy ;)

newbiemodder
09-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Q..your valley is awesome..great minds must think alike. I always thought Korriban was a little lacking. I'm working on reskin of 902Mal to be a valley floor where you enter behind the EH and find a secret sith academy(traya acad reskin)...I'm using 506ond, queens palace, for the inside of the acad reskinned of course..

darth-me
09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Great work Quanon! Love it when a great modder makes a WIP :). Now I've got another thread to drool over.
Which game is the Korriban Expansion for? I can see that Aqualaris is for K2, but I'm i'n the dark on Korriban...
Anyway, great work!

Darth Payne
09-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow, those mods have me drooling.

Darth Darkus
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
NICE!!!! Korriban is one of my favourite Planets in TSL great that there is an expension to come!

Quanon
09-18-2009, 02:19 PM
The last two pictures in the Korriban section remind me of the entrance to the temple where Harrison Ford retreived the Holy Grail (briefly) in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Héhéhé, well, the temple, I think its a roman thing, in the movie was based on this real place, somewhere in the middle east... IIRC.

Anyway, since I started to think about the canyon and how to fill it with good looking things, that Indie theme kinda popped up in my head :lol:

That Korriban looks great! I played the Temple Mod, but didn't really enjoy the lack of plot or the half-done landscape. This one looks really good!
Is Aquilaris re-used or did you create it? It looks re-used (thats a compliment if you made it).

Aqualaris is all made from scratch mate, nothing re-used, that was infact the challenge. Do a big mod without re-using anything from the games.

-You have a LOT of screenies.
-You were working on a bunch of projects at one time.
-I did not know you worked on BOS:SR, but that stuff did look really good.
-You were working on a good-looking module of Mustafar, I think. What happened to that as well?
If you ditched them because of lack of plot, I could help you some with that =)

- The Residential Zone of Aqualaris has been tweaked endlessly and a lot of re-exports. So a lot of shots was needed to show the differance to GM and of course just for fun.

- Well... Korriban is very recent, I think about 2 weeks now. Aqualaris is somewhere from last year December. Scrapyard Games I won't talk about :lol:

- Revan and 2 tukata's was in memory for SithRevan, a very good modder and friend of us, who took his own life... its, well, very sad... So far I've no idea if its actually that morale to release a mod, even if it is in his honour, I just have doubt.

- Ah, BoS: SR, did 4 models for that: Mandalores Bridge, The hidden temple in that large cave, centrale room and a large cliff path thing at the end of the mod.

- Mustafar look-alike is a very old crazy idea, it involved Stargate into Star Wars, but I never got far... And in the end I wasn't pleased with it. So its scrapped.

@Q: Nice screens, I especially like the Korriban areas, they're very well done.

Thank you, the canyon is just one area. And there are only shots shown of that, because, well, thats all I made so far.

Great work Quanon! Love it when a great modder makes a WIP :). Now I've got another thread to drool over.
Which game is the Korriban Expansion for? I can see that Aqualaris is for K2, but I'm i'n the dark on Korriban...
Anyway, great work!

Aqua is TSL.
Korriban Expanded, is for K1. Though I'll release it later for TSL aswell.
I just need to find some other ways how you can get there. The overall little hook I planned to link my areas fits better with K1, as the Sith are active there. Looking for ancient ruins.

Q..your valley is awesome..great minds must think alike. I always thought Korriban was a little lacking. I'm working on reskin of 902Mal to be a valley floor where you enter behind the EH and find a secret sith academy(traya acad reskin)...I'm using 506ond, queens palace, for the inside of the acad reskinned of course..

Nice to hear, but so far, like I said above, Korriban Expanded is for K1.

Thanks for the great responses everybody; critics may be given aswell, though I can't promise if I'll follow them :xp:

Demongo
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow! Amazing!!! Korriban will be my favourite planet!:D

Slstoev
09-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Some of the pics of the expanded Korriban remind of Tatooine

Marius Fett
09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
You finally made your WIP thread then, eh Q?

You've been saying you're going to for long enough. :p

@Everyone else: those Aqualaris areas look even better when you're actually ingame. ;)

none223
09-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Heyy, since Aquilaris is a custom module, couldn't you put it in both K1 and TSL? I only have K1, but would it be possible to put it in both games?
I know that some of the NPCs would look different, but it seems like the basic concept would be the same.....

Quanon
09-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Some of the pics of the expanded Korriban remind of Tatooine
In what way, if I may ask. Is it all the sand ?
Or something else, I'm curious :p

You finally made your WIP thread then, eh Q?
You've been saying you're going to for long enough. :p
@Everyone else: those Aqualaris areas look even better when you're actually ingame. ;)

Tssss, don't spoil it for everyone you!

And yeah I finanly came clean :lol:

Heyy, since Aquilaris is a custom module, couldn't you put it in both K1 and TSL? I only have K1, but would it be possible to put it in both games?
I know that some of the NPCs would look different, but it seems like the basic concept would be the same.....

Well, TSL was chosen, because it offered more scripting power... or so GM made me believe. It also had to do I thought I could make this the BoS:SR mod for TSL, but.... that's perhaps taken it to far :lol:

I can't promise you anything. As Aqualaris is well, more at the back now. I'm not certain how fast I'll shift back to that.

Now I do have a minor news/ update thing.
My PC has now been rendering for 2 days to get a small movie ready.
A fly through the canyon model. Its not that long but rendering takes time.
A lot of time.

Of course I could "waste' that time on getting the model in the game, but I just love doing these things. Plus I had to help around the house, these last 2 days, so I couldn't sit behind my PC anyway.

Anyway 2 sections of the little movie are ready, got about 3 to 4 more to do.
It takes like +- 4 minutes to render 1 frame. And I have 600 frames.

Well, it comes down to about +- 6 hours a part. Jolly :p

Sith Holocron
09-18-2009, 05:26 PM
My PC has now been rendering for 2 days to get a small movie ready. A fly through the canyon model. It's not that long but rendering takes time. A lot of time.

Of course I could "waste' that time on getting the model in the game, but I just love doing these things. Plus I had to help around the house, these last 2 days, so I couldn't sit behind my PC anyway.

Anyway, 2 sections of the little movie are ready, got about 3 to 4 more to do.
It takes like +/- 4 minutes to render 1 frame. And I have 600 frames.

Well, it comes down to about +/- 6 hours a part. Jolly :p

So . . .. about 24 hours plus the time it takes it to upload the whole thing somewhere?

DarthParametric
09-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Some nice stuff there Quanon. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Héhéhé, well, the temple, I think its a roman thing, in the movie was based on this real place, somewhere in the middle east... IIRC.That would be Petra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra), located in current day Jordan. It was originally an Arabic city, but the Romans took it over (which ultimately lead to its demise).

Quanon
09-19-2009, 07:02 AM
So . . .. about 24 hours plus the time it takes it to upload the whole thing somewhere?

Hahahaha, yeah, the 2 parts I have now are 150 Mb together. Once I got it all I'll need to "glue" it together and dumb it on youtube or something. Quality will be lost a bit though.

No matter :)

That would be Petra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra), located in current day Jordan. It was originally an Arabic city, but the Romans took it over (which ultimately lead to its demise).

Héhéhé, thanks for the cool linky :D

Slstoev
09-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Quanon it looks like korriban looks as if it's tatooine because the look of the buildings,their color,all the sand and it looks a little too cheery to be korriban .

TriggerGod
09-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Quanon it looks like korriban looks as if it's tatooine because the look of the buildings,their color,all the sand and it looks a little too cheery to be korriban .

Well how dark and gloomy can you make an outside module, when its light out?

I'm can be sure that when your inside, it won't be "cheery". ;)

Salzella
09-19-2009, 02:33 PM
hooo-leeee ****. those look incredible!

is the Aqualaris project based off Bioshock in any way? and the modules also remind me of Mass Effect.

did i mention these are amazingly amazing?

Quanon
09-19-2009, 04:47 PM
hooo-leeee ****. those look incredible!

is the Aqualaris project based off Bioshock in any way? and the modules also remind me of Mass Effect.

did i mention these are amazingly amazing?

Héhhéhé, I did play a lot of Mass Effect and I did like the sleek look of certain things in that game. I also wanted to go for this white look, like you have in princess Leieas ship at the start of EP IV.

Never played Bioshock, but GM was a huge fan, so things might have snuck in that way :)

Ping
09-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Out of curiosity, I can't help but wonder if you'll try to put in a swoop race in Aquilaris, seeing how it appeared in Episode 1 Racer and all.

Anyways, this is one nice project you've decided to do. Great work! :thmbup1:

Quanon
09-19-2009, 05:17 PM
It appeared in that racing game ? :confused:

Didn't now that :lol:

Ping
09-19-2009, 06:59 PM
It appeared in that racing game ? :confused:

Didn't now that :lol:

Yep, it did, along with a bunch of other planets. Have you ever played it, or did you just forget about it? ;)

Sith Holocron
09-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Aqualaris in Episode I Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfbJzf45uo

This video isn't great but it's the only one I could find.

Archonon
09-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Your WIPs look magnificent Quanon, it's amazing how far KotOR modding has been able to grow in spite all the limited resources. You guys do tremendous work!

Also thanks for still doing things for K1; I detest TSL, so I am so grateful to all the modders who continue to mod the original game with such quality content as BoS and now your amazing looking expansion of Korriban.

I eagerly await to see where you take the expansion :)

Quanon
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Yep, it did, along with a bunch of other planets. Have you ever played it, or did you just forget about it? ;)

I did play that game a lot with friends. Didn't remember much of it really. :)

Aqualaris in Episode I Racer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfbJzf45uo

This video isn't great but it's the only one I could find.

Héhéhé, thanks for that, my planet looks mighty differant though. But, hey, my mod takes place in the old republic, a long time before Anakin and the rest :p

Well Korriban and Tatooine are both desert planets, but Korriban is very red/orange. Tatooine, IIRC has only very open, dunes in the game.
And has more brown tones.

Now this is out door, and its less open then you think :)
Though the temple interiour will be darker, though don't expect it to look like the tombs.

The temple is not a grave, it was used by the Sith for all kinds of rituals.
I'm trying to show more of the old Sith as a civilazation, not just the place where the bury there dead lords.

Anyway perhaps I better get some ingame shots :p

Your WIPs look magnificent Quanon, it's amazing how far KotOR modding has been able to grow in spite all the limited resources. You guys do tremendous work!
Also thanks for still doing things for K1; I detest TSL, so I am so grateful to all the modders who continue to mod the original game with such quality content as BoS and now your amazing looking expansion of Korriban.
I eagerly await to see where you take the expansion :)

Thanks for the support!

Kotor modding has taken a few bounds forward. Waiting on another one: lightmaps. That'll really finish the looks of our new made area models.
We're stuck with a very generale lighting and you can't really do very nice stuff with that.

Oh, I think I might have that little flythrough movie ready soon!
Tonight or perhaps tomorrow.

EDIT: Bad luck folks, me and dad where working on the attic. Replacing old insulation, when we hit an electric wire, a nice flash effect and we where in the dark.

So my render was interrupted by that accident, was already 7 hours into it, just needed to do 11 frames, but alas!

Anyway, I'll concentrate on the walkmesh tonight and then look when to finish that last long render. :)

R2-X2
09-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Amazing work!!

Quanon
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, time for a little update!

I finished the rendering of my short, very short, movie.
It'll take you through the biggest section of my canyon.

Note that there still some mistakes in the model and I know they're there :p
Aswell those blue boxes, those represent NPCs, they're there for getting sizes right.

This is ofcourse a lower quality for the intrawebz, saddly that means grains in the image :(

Here it is, enjoy:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/th_Korriban_CanyonRun_0002.jpg (http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/?action=view&current=Korriban_CanyonRun_0002.flv)

I'll now continue to get it in the game.

disbeliever
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Good job!

R2-X2
09-23-2009, 03:57 PM
There are some lonely manboxes. :)

Queen of Night
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I like this. Good job.

Daos300
09-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Incredible work Quanon!

Where are you planning on making the entry for the new modules? I was going to recommend the back of the Shyyrak (sp?) caves but then I thought of the fact that once you get the Star Map on Korriban you can't get to those caves anymore.

Mono_Giganto
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Very cool, after seeing that, I've got to say, the screenshots don't do it justice. Looking forward to seeing it ingame.

HdVaderII
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Wow man. Wow. Looks great!

Druganator
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
JESUS H CHRIST (H stands for HOLY****) that looks on par with most of biowares modules, i'm usually a pr*ck but all i have for you is praise.:thmbup1:

Lord of Hunger
09-23-2009, 06:09 PM
[Sith Soldiers]All hail Lord Quanon. All hail Lord Quanon. All hail Lord Quanon.[/Sith Soldiers]

That was epic mate! I can't wait for the finished product.

Quanon
09-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Thank you, all you nice people! Its makes it worth doing these things :)

@Daos300: The connection to the canyon will happen via a Landspeeder=> a cheap trick to warp :lol: Since I had so much fun creating this little movie, I should be able to to a short interlude with a landspeeder blasting across the Korriban wastes.

Just like you see the Ebon Hawk take off or land.

Archonon
09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Thank you for the movie Quanon, it looks absolutely amazing! Looks like it will fit very naturally into the original world space.

Excellent stuff!!

Seikan
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Amazing... °°

That's really look like the Kotor Korriban, i even think your canyon is better than the original Korriban ^^

That mod will for sure have a place on my override.

Quanon
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, another minor update, the first little section of the canyon is in the game!
Took all day to finish up the last bits and then to prepare a mesh as the Walkmesh.

Now the walkmesh is a really annoying bugger of a mesh, I've been toying with a second part of the canyon, but alas it seemed to have shifted to the right a bit and I couldn't reach it... dang! :p

Well thats life for an area modeller, redo, redo, redo, did I say I need to redo stuff. :lol:

But here's something to feast your eyes on, the lighting sucks cause it looks more like midnight now and I forgot to put in some custome made textures... yada yada, its WIP!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCan03.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCan02.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCan01.jpg

Trench
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
That looks awesome Quanon! I would be okay with a "midnight canyon" :p

Darth Payne
09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Wow, very impressive Q.

Drunkside
09-25-2009, 04:24 AM
That... Is.... Freaking... Awesome.... Yeah i would be ok with a nighty canyon too, but i guess it will look even better in daylight.

Quanon
09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Its been a good day!

Got more ingame shots for you folks, each bit of my area is getting in game.
As said before I had to do some wrestling with the walkmeshes, yes, there's more then one of those blasted buggers!

Anyway, as often in modding, keep trying and in the end you get what you want. Thus so far, I got 4 parts in the game.

Here some shots to feast upon:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanA07.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanA04.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanB03.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanC02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanC01.jpg

The sky is black cause I haven't added a skybox yet, there still some odd mistakes here and there. But the main goal at the moment are my walkmeshes, once those are okay, I'll hunt down the other bugs :p

Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Very Impressive Q, as always.

darth-me
09-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow Quanon, great progress on that canyon. It's gonna be amazing ingame. What is that thing in the first 2 screenies? Also, is that mission in the first 2 pics? if so, is that a modded appearance?

Trench
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Very nice! About a thousand times better than I thought it would be.:D

Demongo
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow you will create an entirely new game with thoe awesome models:D

Quanon
09-26-2009, 05:55 AM
What is that thing in the first 2 screenies? Also, is that mission in the first 2 pics? if so, is that a modded appearance?

You mean the small drilling/digging machine on tracks? :p

For the rest its somesort of odd stone work by the Sith, pillars or odd shaped obelisk thingies :lol:

And, yes, I reskinned Mission, been awhile since I done that, made her a bit more smexy and red.

darth-me
09-26-2009, 03:14 PM
oh yeah, had a mind blank, of course she isn't originally red! I just noticed the sexy boots :P

Quanon
09-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Well, I've been fighting with the emitters.
The emitters create all kind of neat effects: sparks, mist, fire... etc.

Though now I wanted them to create a nice haze/mist for my waterfall.
Been checking the Dantooine models, to get my info and settings, but "GRRRRRRRRRR"!

Kotor1 wasn't really into doing it good, had to do endless tweaking and now I still need to be content with what I get out of it... it's not really how I like it, but'll have to do. Lost to much time on this rubbish >_>

Anyway, I've added the last important bit, a skybox and some extra lights.
Here some shots to show the results. There's still some work to do, like getting the waterfall texture more smooth in its animation. And kill off some texture strectching. And fix the lights, at the moment the light purple one is to strong :p

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanSky01.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanSky02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanSky03.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanSky06.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanSky08.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/KorCanSky09.jpg

FaZzZa99
09-27-2009, 11:44 AM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
words simply don't do it justice

Darth Payne
09-27-2009, 11:57 AM
When i saw that waterfall and lake my jaw dropped.

Drewton
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
This is amazing. I have to admit, Quanon, I wasn't too interested at first, but that waterfall really sold it. I'll definitely download it, and I don't download many mods.

Laar_Dha
09-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Absolutely amazing!

R2-X2
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Y0U(/e d0N3 4MaZ¡N6 V(/0rK !!!1!

Ok, enough of that bad language, your work is, as nearly always, awesome!

disbeliever
09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
wow man...

Quanon
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes, another petite update.

I sort of finished the canyon, well 99%, just that blasted waterfall I'm not fully content of. But I can't be bothered at the moment and before I loose steam I need to push forward.

Though I'm not alone on this mod, Marius has kindly offered to edit the .mod file and bring some extra life to the canyon. Well Marius, wasn't the only one offering help, Canderis, might become my slave aswe... wait, my partner to :lol:

Anyway, work on the city part has begun, I've got a sort of mini map droodle to guide me, some other sketches and ideas to actually contruct buildings easly and then to add damage to them. A work I believe that'll take quite some time to do nicely.

So, I've done a tower model, a gate model and a section of for the outer walls I can now copy/paste endlessly :p

Some shots of these:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SithTower01.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SithTower02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SithWall01.jpg

I hope everyone gets a Sith feeling with these.
And thanks for all the kind replies!

Demongo
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/h/shockeddemongoplz.jpg?1Quanon your work is.....I don't know I can't find words for it. UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME

Random Nickos
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Nice! Kinda reminds my of the Black Gate from Lord of the Rings.

Darth Payne
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Holy ----. That is UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME.

Demongo
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
That is UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME.

Hey you stole that from me:xp:

Darth Payne
09-28-2009, 04:33 PM
And i thought i was being original. :p

Drunkside
09-29-2009, 05:30 AM

Was just gonna say that.

Spadille
09-29-2009, 11:28 AM

Was just gonna say that.

Lol me too!

newbiemodder
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Absolutely stunning! In the presence of greatness......

Quanon
10-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, not much to report.

Been working on making wall sections for my buildings.
Like that I'll flesh out the city.

Thing is I don't want to much copy/paste, so I need to make variations.
Means I need to do a lot of modelling.

Once I feel I got enough bitz to share around, I then need to damage them.
So far all my wall parts look untouched by time and enviromental "wear and tear".

But, well thats off for awhile now.
Here's some examples of what I can construct:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy3.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy2.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy1.jpg

newbiemodder
10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Looks great Q. Maybe on those larger sections of building wall add a balcony that npc/pc could walk out on...kinda like the Pope has..

disbeliever
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Fantastic as always :)

No comment on my latest screens? ;)

Quanon
10-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Well, again a minor update.

Not to much has happened, I'm in doubt how feasable my whole "lost" city idea is. My small part I've got now is already at a high poly count.

My compadré Marius reported that on his PC my Canyon area causes a heavy steep frame drop in his game... must be due to some sloppyness on my part.

I admit that some parts aren't as clean as they should be, though, on my PC and on Canderis, who had a test run aswell, it works decently.

Then again, most fans might have another more light weighted PC.
So this all caused doubts. And I planned on ditching the city thing.

Still, I worked on it a bit more, cleaning it up as I went about adding destruction :p

Here some "white" shots of it. Its still very likely I'll have to cast it aside. :(

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy6.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy4.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy5.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendy7.jpg

Rinku
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Very nice :D It looks great.

DAWUSS
10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
BTW, if waterworld is the same one from EP: I Racer - it's Aquilaris, with an i. If not, joke's on me.

HdVaderII
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Incredible work there. Keep it up!

Sith Holocron
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Couldn't you still make the lost city feasible by making a BIK movie that covers areas that the mod goes through - like a flythrough video. Then your characters are deposited in a new module without having to cover as much ground. Convenient collapsed pillars could block the way, like the annoying fences that prevent you from going further in Dantooine (when you are over looking the plains from the high hills, for example.)

disbeliever
10-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Lovely area. What is the poly count?

Demongo
10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Incredibe.

Quanon
10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Couldn't you still make the lost city feasible by making a BIK movie that covers areas that the mod goes through - like a flythrough video. Then your characters are deposited in a new module without having to cover as much ground. Convenient collapsed pillars could block the way, like the annoying fences that prevent you from going further in Dantooine (when you are over looking the plains from the high hills, for example.)

I already sketched it out in such a way, that the players path gets blocked by rubble and steep sand dunes. My main problem is this only a third of the area design I had in mind.

Now its quiete small... it wouldn't take a minute to run from the gate to my other towers >_>

Thats far to small compared to what other game areas offer.
So I'll need to solve this fast, before it bogs me down and the will to continue fades :p

Lovely area. What is the poly count?

19.000+ something already, I always try to stick below 20.000.
I'm still in Editable Poly: the game cuts them up in triangles, so its like 19.000 x 2.

So its 38.000 for the game; its a ruff guess, but it shouldn't be far off.

redrob41
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
What if you made all windows (that are higher than the second storey) so that they were done with textures instead of moddelling them? Could you also reduce the amount of 3D detail on pillars, window sills and door frames?

miro42
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I have a question on the poly count. Most machines nowadays can handle pretty much anything that KOTOR or TSL can throw at it, so in keeping within a certain count is it for the Aurora Engine's limitations?

OH! I almost forgot. Great work Q. Being a fan of the old Tales of the Jedi comics, the KOTOR games kind of ruin the grandeur of Korriban. Is that another engine limitation or is that just lazy (or rushed) developers? I notice there isn't a lot of scale to anything in KOTOR.

disbeliever
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I say just put it in game and see

Quanon
10-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I have a question on the poly count. Most machines nowadays can handle pretty much anything that KOTOR or TSL can throw at it, so in keeping within a certain count is it for the Aurora Engine's limitations?

Its not because you run an older on game a new PC, that the game can handle more. Game engines are designed a certain way to handle all the data and its graphics.

I'm not sure but, I think the K1 engine can handle 5.000 000 polies.
Though that includes all 3D. Characters, the area, weapons, certain effects and all.

Though thats theoretically, remember that you need to move and fight etc...
That all puts a certain strain on the engine.

OH! I almost forgot. Great work Q. Being a fan of the old Tales of the Jedi comics, the KOTOR games kind of ruin the grandeur of Korriban. Is that another engine limitation or is that just lazy (or rushed) developers? I notice there isn't a lot of scale to anything in KOTOR.

Héh, I wouldn't say Bioware was lazy, its just how these older games look like. Often you'll see that they have a few details here and there, though not much.

You need to know most people don't even notice much of the area it self, as they're rushing through it to solve quests and fighting.

What if you made all windows (that are higher than the second storey) so that they were done with textures instead of moddelling them? Could you also reduce the amount of 3D detail on pillars, window sills and door frames?

Hmm, the camera behind is further behind the player then you think :p
Which makes you see a lot more then often thought.

Thats why you can peep through all the windows :)

I say just put it in game and see

If only it was that easy >_>

Lord2
10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Quanon... a name to remember in the future. Your work here is a great effort to keep the games alive under these dark times.

Just continue.. haha, do not let me or anyone else (especially not anyone else) say you otherwise.

DarthParametric
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
You could always fall back on that old standby of splitting the module in two. Kinda sucks but not much you can do with the limitations of the Odyssey engine.

Quanon
10-07-2009, 04:24 PM
You could always fall back on that old standby of splitting the module in two. Kinda sucks but not much you can do with the limitations of the Odyssey engine.

True. Though I rather keep that as a last minute solution.
Though, I've been working on it some more this evening, I was able to drop the poly count to 17.000 something.

Then again, I still need to add things. Well I'll see how it goes, I'll have to adapt the plans a bit. Lessen details on certain objects in my scene.

Though I hate to do that, kinda spoil my modelling fun :(

miro42
10-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Odyssey engine? I thought it was Aurora.

Quanon
10-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, Odyssey is like, Aurora 2.0.

K1 engine and that one of Neverwinter are like brother and sister, bit of the same DNA but still differant on certain parts and aspects.

anybodee
10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
This looks like its gonna be awesome i cant wait for more up dates Quanon

Crustmonger
10-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Aqualaris looks great, Quanon. Keep up the works.:)

Quanon
10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Well, back with a new minor update.
Continued to do some work on my city.

Did a mighty clean up job on the model parts I had, then added more to finish it.
Well its almost finished, need few extra things and then a final cleaning up round.

I'll still end with a 20.000 poly count, though, thats what I considered my maximum amount.

I did had to drop more then I liked, but this is Kotor modding. Seems I fell for the newbie/noob trap, trying something that just isn't possible in the game :p

Some shots, played around with a new light setup I found: Can now use real settings. What I mean is this setup fakes the sun, I can put in an Hour, Day, Year, season and the country. Autodesk claims its real :p

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendar1.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendar2.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendar4.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rendar3.jpg

And another bit of news, I've given an old area to J7 to use.
I named it the Beach Villa, I won't tell more what J7 is planning, he'll no doubt have a say about soon. The area does need a little reworking to do, got some odd glitches and, insane as I am, going to add an extra part to it!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachVilla04.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachVilla03.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachVilla02.jpg

Darth Payne
10-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Whenever i see more of that Korriban area i keep thinking about the squared pattern on Korriban during the approach video.

Could this city be that area?

Link (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/45/Korriban-KOTOR.jpg)

Lord2
10-10-2009, 09:33 AM
I am shocked :drool1:

Awesome work!

Queen of Night
10-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh that is very very cool. Your work is good.

Marius Fett
10-10-2009, 03:35 PM
That's Sion's country retreat, right?

Quanon
10-10-2009, 05:10 PM
^^ Sions whut now, DDD?

On a total loose note, I started doing some texturing today on the city :p
No shots of it yet, as I'm fighting with the Renderer, for some god knows what reason all the model parts turn out black. >_>

ForeverNight
10-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Damn, that city looks amazing! As well as what little I see of the 'beach villa'.

Can't wait to see the render of it, and the skybox (Or whatever the hell you want to call the sky thing) is pretty sweet looking, doesn't look much like Korribban, but I think we can let it slide :lol:

Ah well, that city looks beautifully done.

Quanon
10-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Can't wait to see the render of it, and the skybox (Or whatever the hell you want to call the sky thing) is pretty sweet looking, doesn't look much like Korribban, but I think we can let it slide :lol:

Oh, thats some sort of standard sky thing of Max, in the game it'll be the usuall Korriban sky, no fears :)

DAWUSS
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
It's slowly coming to life. Has a long way to go, but I like what I see so far.

Marius Fett
10-10-2009, 07:56 PM
^^ Sions whut now, DDD?

Well, everyone needs somewhere to go and relax now and then, right? Even Sith Lords who sleep with Vibroblades. :p

Great work on that city btw. :D

ForeverNight
10-10-2009, 11:10 PM
DDD actually responds to DDD? :dozey:

Glad to hear that it's going to be the standard Korribban skybox, I don't think my mind was fully engaged when I typed that bit though, considering you said quite explicitly that it was an Autodesk feature. :argh:

Marius Fett
10-11-2009, 06:28 AM
^I've just given in to it. :p

Quanon
10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
^Killing my fun x-(
Not :lol:

Smallish update on the Villa.
Fixed the missing texture on the floor and some other bitz, just a small re export to bring it all together.

I think J7 will be pleased :p
Have some more shots to show it off better :xp:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix01.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix03.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix04.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix05.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix06.jpg

ForeverNight
10-11-2009, 02:00 PM
^Killing everybody's fun x-(

Fixed it for you. :xp:

Marius Fett
10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Q, that area makes me want to stroke your pig even harder. o_Q

TriggerGod
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Q, that area makes me want to stroke your pig even harder. o_Q

http://i.imagehost.org/0630/kBEQsLIKx8N12T4YutoHW64xVWk_png.gif

But I agree with Marius DDD in that its very great. Not so much in the pig stroking department. :¬:

Taak Farst
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
But I agree with Marius DDD in that its very great.

STOP IT DAMN U - HE'S MARIUS NOW ! :p

Nice progress Quanon! I shall follow this a lot more

redrob41
10-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Nice tower speakers next to the big screen tv :thumbsup:. I need one of those theatre rooms for my house :D. Although, it could use a rack to store the ol' vibroblade while watching droid sitcoms.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/BeachFix01.jpg

HdVaderII
10-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Nice tower speakers next to the big screen tv :thumbsup:.

Hey, with the fancy ships and blasters out there in the galaxy, it would be a shame if you couldn't get some nice surround sound!

Quanon
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Back for yet another petite update.
After losing battle with those pesky emitters, yes again those blasted things, I've switched back to my "lost" city on Korriban.

Slowly some of the models are getting there textures. Not much done yet, but I do have some funky renders to show off.

I think I'm addicted... not? :lol:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rer5.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rer4.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rer1.jpg

Back to work!

And please Marius keep stroking my pig :(

ForeverNight
10-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Damn Quanon, every time I think that there's a limit on KotOR Quality for areas you seem to want to prove me wrong!

Very nice looking area right now, is that 'ready' to go into KotOR poly wise? Cause it sure looks beautiful!

Slstoev
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I agree ForeverNight but Quanon can't you make it little bit more Kotor like.

Demongo
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
You never fail to amaze me Quanon

Darth Payne
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow Q, that looks amazing.

Are you sure you don't work for Lucasarts? ;)

Quanon
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM

What you mean Kotor like, I'd like to know? :confused:
Got nothing against you, but I wonder what you don't like about it?

jonathan7
10-13-2009, 06:58 PM

Errr, what?

What on earth are you on about? Is this some poor attempt at trolling? Or just a rashly thought out statement?...

"KotOR, KotOR, where for art thou KotOR?"

How does something look KotOR or not KotOR like? You will have to drastically elaborate, as at the moment that comment is in severe risk of being delete as spam by me. If you want to criticise go ahead, but when you do you have to pose it in such a way that people have a clue what your on about. Why is the above not KotOR like? What can Quanon do to make it more KotOR "like"?

SpaceAlex
10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, I love the ruins with the spiky tower. They looks very similar to the castle ruins (minus the spikes :p) in my home town. :shades2:

HdVaderII
10-13-2009, 10:02 PM
You know, every time I look at this thread there's always something new to amaze me. :) Keep up the good work Q!

Sith Holocron
10-14-2009, 08:06 AM
It looks KOTOR appropriate to me. I love checking out this thread.

Slstoev
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Well i guess i didn't thought about it because I was thinking of Taris.Being the buildings more rounded.

Quanon
10-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Well i guess i didn't thought about it because I was thinking of Taris.Being the buildings more rounded.

Taris? :lol:

My buildings/ towers are not round, they have a lot of hardedges, corners. Cause in my eyes that gives a bit more of an "aggresive" look, which I found would fit the Sith. :p

It might have something a bit of Tatooine, as my city is covered by a desert, but the main colour is orange/brown. Opposed to Tatooines main bright yellow.

There might look things a bit the same, though... I think it has enough of its own character to set it aside and closer to Korriban. Well that's what I'm aiming for.

Now, the renders, of course look a lot better then the game engine... well what we/ I can now do with the game engine.

Peeps, feel free to some comments, though give a bit of a reasoning why you post what you post. Like that I can take it into consideration or explain my thoughts behind it all better :p

Its mostly quiete clear where I want to steer this mod towards to, but for peeps watching it might be more confusing or just plain unclear. Of course I won't go and spill all the beans :p

Oh, to round it off, 2 new shots.
I've edited some Unknown world textures to fit in Korriban, just some minor tweaking, but I needed some more to colour in my city parts.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rer9.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rer8.jpg

ForeverNight
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow.... background worthy!

Amazing looking renders Quanon

Lord2
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I have nothing to add; I am just... speechless!

Laar_Dha
10-15-2009, 07:06 PM
I think the buildings are very consistent with Korriban. Yes, they have their own unique look, but they definitely have a similar feel. I can certainly see this as an old Sith city. I don't recall a rounded building anywhere; it's all jutting angles and hard corners. It's looking fabulous and I love that eerie, abandoned feel that the street views have.:thmbup1:

Trench
10-15-2009, 08:36 PM
:drop2: Fantastic work Quanon! :bow: Are you making money off your l33t 3D modeling skillz yet?:p

Rinku
10-15-2009, 10:18 PM
:drop2: Fantastic work Quanon! :bow:
QFT

I could not put it any other way. Keep up this amazingly crazy good work :D

redrob41
10-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Well, again a minor update.

Well, back with a new minor update.

Back for yet another petite update.
How is it that your "small" updates make mine look like newbie work? Your city is progressing fantastically, and the views are quite grand. As for "KotOR like", I think that maybe because they are dilapidated ruins, your buildings don't look as "futuristic" as some of the canonical locations (like Coruscant, Taris, and even Tatooine). I agree though, that the style you're using (hard edges) suit the feel of Korriban and the Massassi (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Massassi) very well. I also think that you've invoked the style of the Tales of the Jedi comics (minus the Egyptian inspired statues in those comics), which is good.

Keep it up :thumbsup: 'cause we're all happy to see your "tiny" updates :)

Xarwarz
10-16-2009, 11:09 AM
wow these look nice keep up the good work

Slstoev
10-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Quanon have you thought how to get to the Korriban old city.
Because from Dreshdae to an old Sith city doesn't make any sense.Will make a custom module for the Dreshdae locked door?You could reuse one of the dune seas from Tatooine but make the color of the sand to fit the Korriban feel.

Quanon
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Quanon have you thought how to get to the Korriban old city.
Because from Dreshdae to an old Sith city doesn't make any sense.Will make a custom module for the Dreshdae locked door?You could reuse one of the dune seas from Tatooine but make the color of the sand to fit the Korriban feel.

I'm using my canyon, thats what is inbetween. How do you get to canyon? By use of a landspeeder, parked somewhere near the academy :p

JuniorModder
10-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Amazing, the things you can do with modding.. Wow. If you had the time, skill, team, and money, you could make a completely new game just through modding! Is Korriban for TSL or KOTOR?

JuniorModder

Slstoev
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
It will be for both.But currently Quanon is working on Korriban for KOTOR.

JuniorModder
10-16-2009, 05:10 PM
It will be for both.But currently Quanon is working on Korriban for KOTOR.

SWEET! He sure has his work cut out for him! Very impressive!

JuniorModder

juansaman
10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
As usual, watching Quanon's progress is one of my favourites hobbies. I enjoy that ruined look. You are all about quality in this, Q.
Good job!

Quanon
10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Quality is what modding honour is all about :p
I did more work on the city today, buts it more of the same, so no new pictures.

Just know I did a few more broken walls, that's all.
Once its all done, I'll see what needs to be added to the area, I'm still not entirely content with what is there.

Somehow something is lacking, mostly the feeling that its a "city". Need to get more depth in my desert, though without adding to much more polies.

Dang, like dancing a fancy... euh dance, tangoo or something :lol:

juansaman
10-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Somehow something is lacking, mostly the feeling that its a "city". Need to get more depth in my desert, though without adding to much more polies.

I think you mean it seems more to some ruins than an ancient city, right?
Maybe some kind of statues that could lead a trace about the original inhabitants and some elements that people associate with direct interaction, like benchs, a fountain, some sort of ancient vehicle.... You know, things that give the feeling of being abandoned.
Don't know if that's impossible to do though, just throwing ideas.

Quanon
10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Maybe some kind of statues that could lead a trace about the original inhabitants and some elements that people associate with direct interaction, like benchs, a fountain, some sort of ancient vehicle.... You know, things that give the feeling of being abandoned.

Yeah, I've been thinking about adding some statues, perhaps some old stone benches might add that extra magic touch I need. ^_^

Oh and to spoil you people, I've made some new shots, main parts of all my buildings, whats left over of them, are textured. Just need to do all the small bitz here and there, som cliffs aswell.

Then ofcourse the details as I mentioned and something rather big I forgot.
The temple, completely oversaw that one, the focus of the mod >_>
Blame my enthousiasme to begin texturing on this beast.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rara1.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rara2.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rara3.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Rara4.jpg

JuniorModder
10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
This will be absolutely amazing when it is finished. It's amazing now!

IMO, it might be nice to add some red to the sand. Right now it looks kind of like Tatooine.
;)

JuniorModder

Trench
10-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I have no words for that. Its absolutely spectacular.

Lt. Shatner
10-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Your project is really unbelievable! I can hardly wait to play it. This will add so much to a game that already is bursting from detail, depth and intense athmosphere.
Just a small idea: although you'd written that you wanted to use as a connection to your modules a landspeeder, but how about instead of using the small opening at the back of the cave with the renegade sithstudents? (Please excuse this broken English but I myself am from Germany, I unfortunately had to use a translation program.)

Quanon
10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm avoiding the cave on purpose :lol:
Else everybody will start asking what happened to the students if you follow the LS side of that quest.

I don't want to mess with that. It'll be enough of a challenge for me to get this "idea" sorted out with all the scripts and 2DA madness bound to happen if I want it done someday :p

none223
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
You could....dare I say it....modify a pre-made module like the Valley to add a mountain path down to the canyon, like around where you meet lashowe.

I don't know if you really could modify a premade module, I've never seen it done before, but I think that would look better than adding a landspeeder with dialouge saying "Would you like to enter the canyon?" Like most mods I see........

Darth Payne
10-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Could the part between Dreshdae and the Sith Academy be used?

If i remember right there is a pathway blocked by small stones to one side.

Quanon
10-20-2009, 07:22 PM
"Would you like to enter the canyon?" Like most mods I see........

Well, I know most mods use this approach, though I think I could make it a little better looking. Instead of just getting the dialogue and then the loading screen, I've planned to put in a small .bik clip.

Showing the speeder speeding(pun intended? :lol:) across the wastes towards the canyon. At least that way, you'll "feel" like you've travelled a bit. :p

Its not needed to walk across 20 modules to get to one location. That's not really Kotor style :p

Though it's nice of you peeps for posting wild ideas.

none223
10-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Thats a good idea, it sounds polished, and realistic.

But I don't think you understand what I mean.
Like a door, there is a break in the rock barriers and you can see a path going down. And it says Korriban Canyon or whatever.
Kinda like mods that use the korriban cave exit, the only difference is that you're MAKING the exit through module editing......

However, thats my personal opinion, your idea sounds good too.

Lord2
10-21-2009, 09:27 AM
This will be absolutely amazing when it is finished. It's amazing now!

IMO, it might be nice to add some red to the sand. Right now it looks kind of like Tatooine.
;)

JuniorModder

Red = Blood :)

It's a Sith planet after all.

Dark_lord_Cheez
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
....wow, my mind was just blown. 0o Those are BEAUTIFUL screenshots! :)

I can actually kind of see what Slstoev meant; the architecture seems very medieval, and gothic-esque, as opposed to more of a science fiction type style. But I don't think that very much matters. The design is just breathtaking, and I prefer what Quanon has built, so far, to anything in the original release of either game.

Fantastic work, Quanon :thmbup1: I will most certainly download this, once it is finished, just so I can admire the quality work you did.:)

Quanon
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
But I don't think you understand what I mean.
Like a door, there is a break in the rock barriers and you can see a path going down. And it says Korriban Canyon or whatever.
Kinda like mods that use the korriban cave exit, the only difference is that you're MAKING the exit through module editing......

Ah, yes, now I see :)

Well, with your idea the city and canyon are close to the academy and the valley with the big tombs.

In my mind my city and canyon are on far bigger distance, thus the need of a speeder.
Red = Blood :)

It's a Sith planet after all.

:lol: Allright I'll tweak the desert texture, it is from the Korriban set though.
I'll give a more orangy tone. It'll fit better in.

I can actually kind of see what Slstoev meant; the architecture seems very medieval, and gothic-esque, as opposed to more of a science fiction type style. But I don't think that very much matters. The design is just breathtaking, and I prefer what Quanon has built, so far, to anything in the original release of either game.

Ah, well, this city is old => ancient; so its not really Sci-fi. This was build by the real Sith, perhaps before the Dark Jedi set foot on Korriban.

I've read the Old Republic comics and found that the technology, architecture was always more based on old
civilizations here on earth.

So I stayed away from adding "modern" looks, well so to speak, Kotor is low poly modelling. Its more the textures that make it look what it is.

Also have a peak around the Korriban in K1 again, I doesn't feel and look like Mannaan or Taris, because its all about the old in SW universe.

Hope that explains it a bit better, why things look like they look. :)

Rinku
10-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I am absolutely speechless...keep up the amazingly good work.

Slstoev
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Quanon i have request can you make a rakatan temple in a little farter than the city and reuse the models from the rakatan temple on the Unknown world and make some new custom areas for the rakatan temple on Korriban.

juansaman
10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Ah, yes, now I see :)

Ah, well, this city is old => ancient; so its not really Sci-fi. This was build by the real Sith, perhaps before the Dark Jedi set foot on Korriban.

I've read the Old Republic comics and found that the technology, architecture was always more based on old
civilizations here on earth.

So I stayed away from adding "modern" looks, well so to speak, Kotor is low poly modelling. Its more the textures that make it look what it is.
k. :)

I agree, it will be something new for Kotor. And I love relics and ancient cities. I can almost see Indiana Jones kicking some nazi butt between the ruins!

Sith Holocron
10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Quanon, I have request: could you make a Rakatan temple in a little farter than the city and reuse the models from the Rakatan temple on the Unknown world and make some new custom areas for the Rakatan temple on Korriban?

Quanon, if you're going to include Rakatan architecture - why not use that huge circular room that was in the cut module for Tattooine in Darth Insidious' K1 Lost Modules Pack (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Lost_Modules_Pack;85435)? Of course, you wouldn't be able to use this section in the TSL version of this mod (because of porting issues) but at least you'd have something new to see in one of them. (Also, I always hoped that someone would finally find a use for this area (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/85435/7).

Feel free to ignore this suggestion as you certainly have enough on your plate! ;)

Christos K
10-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Awesome simply awesome. This will be a great new place to explore.

Quanon
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Feel free to ignore this suggestion as you certainly have enough on your plate! ;)

I won't drop Rakatan temple's into my modules, nor am I going to repair the Tatooine one. I'm sure its everybodies dream here to be able to walk around in that module. But so far the tools, Kaurora, is good at making new models: not so much on working on Bioware models.

The little program still doesn't handle certain components of the models and nor can it handle Binary to ASCII. So for that I still need to use MDLops and that does even less on area models then Kaurora.

In short you break more then you fix.
Not that I wouldn't want to do it, but I'm an ego tripper so I focus on my own stuff :xp:

So to the news I have, worked the whole afternoon to get my city into the game. And the first test run was pretty okay!

Very pleased with that, just need to fix some orientation/rotation madness on some of my meshes. As you can obviously see in the screenshots.

Minor things to fix, plus the walkmesh need to be adjusted a bit.
And this one will be 100% done! Which means I can start on the temple it self.

Now the city, like I mentioned in previous updates had a lot of polys, so I needed to dumb a lot of what I had in mind. Feel a bit sad about that as this model is now a very small one. Though it does have nice things in it. Guess that evens it out a bit.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/CityKorIngame03.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/CityKorIngame04.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/CityKorIngame05.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/CityKorIngame07.jpg

Drunkside
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow really nice! Though thats exactly what we expect from you. DO NOT FAIL US, FOR THE PENALTY FOR FAILURE IS DEATH! :xp:

ForeverNight
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
I like this! Very nice looking setup, makes me want to explore that place now.

Edit: Dammit, Drunkside beat me to it. :xp:

juansaman
11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
That looks great, Quanon, you're doing a wonderful job! Can't wait to try it and explore a new, interesting and exciting area!
If I may say, I only see the road too much clean for a city in that shape. Anyway, it's a personal opinion....

Looking forward about your idea about that Temple!!!!!

Quanon
11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
If I may say, I only see the road too much clean for a city in that shape. Anyway, it's a personal opinion....

My excuse: Its burried under those dunes and tons of sand :p

disbeliever
11-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Fantastic as always

SpaceAlex
11-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Looks great. I also see you're a fan of pink. :D

JuniorModder
11-02-2009, 02:41 PM
AMAZING! Okay, so what program are you using to make all of this?
You should be so proud of yourself. 10/10 No Exaggerating!

JuniorModder

Quanon
11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Looks great. I also see you're a fan of pink. :D

Hahaha, red, pinkish, Twi'leks are tha bomb!

AMAZING! Okay, so what program are you using to make all of this?

Its called 3D studio Max, short 3Ds Max from Autodesk.

You should be so proud of yourself. 10/10 No Exaggerating!

Seikan
11-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Really great Quanon, the only thing is that the road don't really fits to the rest, maybe you should made it a little more red.

Canderis
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Really great Quanon, the only thing is that the road don't really fits to the rest, maybe you should made it a little more red.

Overlay some sand textures?

Archonon
11-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I think Vader said it best: Impressive, most impressive :thmbup1:

The city is looking terrific, I can't wait to see what you come up with for the temple.

Quanon
11-03-2009, 06:59 AM

Overlay some sand textures?

Hmmm, perhaps it does need some sort of dust layer. Its a bit odd looking now is it, like its been vacuumcleaned :lol:

disbeliever
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe some skeletons half buried in sand, like in TSL :thmbup1:

Quanon
11-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Well, I worked on it some today, altered my tile floor textured to be covered in some sand.
Though I still need to fix one bit of walkmesh, at a certain part you're like a feet above the actuall road :lol:

I'll add a few new screenshots later on ;)

ForeverNight
11-03-2009, 03:04 PM
You mean I don't have the Jedi power of levitation? Why ever not? :xp:

Quanon
11-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, after sending out some PM's to a select few people to test my new area and getting positive results back I got back to do a little more work.

Not much has changed, mind you, just a little extra rubble here and there.
Some new walls deeper and further away, just to get a little more depth.

And tweaking the walkmesh a bit more.
So that leaves me to show some more new screenies!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/CityKorIngameA02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/CityKorIngameA04.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/CityKorIngameA05.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/CityKorIngameA01.jpg

I'm quiet pleased with now, so I can move forward to my temple.

Darth Payne
11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Whoa, holy *bleeeep*.

That looks amazing.

Laar_Dha
11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Gorgeous.:thmbup1: It's really looking like an ancient city; makes one want to go exploring.

Trench
11-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Very nice! But I still think the sand needs to have more of a red tone. It doesn't feel like Korriban with the current one. :whacked:

ForeverNight
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
but now I can't levitate! :(

Nice looking area, not much has changed, but I'm attached to walking so that's huge!

Lord of Hunger
11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Awesome Quanon! I consider the biggest weakness of Korriban in both games to be its small size. You should be able to explore it in more detail. That's part of the reason why I liked your work in Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge along with Silver's reskinned modules: you guys made Korriban so much bigger.

I can't wait to play these new areas on my computer. 10/10 so far. ;) Keep the epicness coming!

juansaman
11-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Yup, I agree with LoH, Korriban is getting much improved thanks to you. I think now it looks perfect, the detail of the sand in the road made it!
About the sand that

But I still think the sand needs to have more of a red tone. It doesn't feel like Korriban with the current one.

It seems to me that there is one side more orange than the other, isn't it? I don't mind toom much, it looks good for me.

That's part of the reason why I liked your work in Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge along with Silver's reskinned modules: you guys made Korriban so much bigger.

That makes me wonder.... Will this be compatible with BoS:SR? Best Korriban ever!

Quanon
11-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Very nice! But I still think the sand needs to have more of a red tone. It doesn't feel like Korriban with the current one. :whacked:

Yeah, I haven't tweaked the sand yet. I first wanted the model to work a OK in the game.

I still got minor other texture job, for my waterfall in the canyon.

It seems to me that there is one side more orange than the other, isn't it? I don't mind toom much, it looks good for me.

Héh, that's because I got three big AuroraLights in there: a light orange, a light yellow and a light purple one.

Depending on where your character is standing one of the lights will go on/off, so you get a more orangy feel or more purple touch depending where you stand in the area. I might have to enlarge the area the light gets cast. It is the same setup as in my canyon, so both should feel the same.

That makes me wonder.... Will this be compatible with BoS:SR? Best Korriban ever!

Hard to tell at this point, though I don't think it'll be a big clash.
My mod has far more smaller scope, so less gets altered.
Though 2DA editing and other files will happen. Of course I'm planning on using the TSLpatcher. So that should help out with the compatible madness.

redrob41
11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah, the stray sand on the cobblestones adds a lot of believability to the area. Great job.

The ripples seem a little strange to me. Shouldn't they be oriented parallel to the edge of the dunes, not perpendicular?

Marius Fett
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
It's definitely a fun area to run around in. ;)

There were a few improvements I thought were needed, but they'll no doubt be ironed out by now. ^_^

Great work as ever, Q!

ForeverNight
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Hmmm, how long till DDD becomes DDD, we've got the old avatar.......

Anyway, checked out the screenies again and I'm still in shock.... you are a far better man than I, I really don't have enough patience for the UVW portion....

Quanon
11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
@ForeverNight: No pain no game! :lol:

I'm no droodleling mini-maps for the temple bit.
So far I've decided to cut it in two areas.

A semi outdoor one and an actuall interiour.
For the interiour I decided to add a sort of church like bit. Remember the hall from Malachor, something along those lines, though with my own spin on it.

Also a sort of archives, "library" part would find its way in.
Something that certainly need to make a return is my bridge :p

Anyway I still need to do some thinking on how it should all look and how to build it in 3D. Making plans before actually starting is a good thing to do.

Sith Holocron
11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Something that certainly need to make a return is my bridge :p

Would that be from your "The Temple Mod (BETA)"?
(Original Thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183809&page=1)

Quanon
11-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Would that be from your "The Temple Mod (BETA)"?
(Original Thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183809&page=1)

Yes, indeed. My Korriban mod is a revision of that old mod :p
I thought I said that somewhere in this thread?
Guess I didn't o_Q

EDIT: And now everybody will see my noobish start at area modelling x-D

ForeverNight
11-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Actually it appears that you went through and ninja-deleted the pics off of photobucket.

You wouldn't happen to know about that, would you? o_Q

Sith Holocron
11-06-2009, 10:00 AM
They were deleted before I posted the thread.

Quanon
11-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Actually it appears that you went through and ninja-deleted the pics off of photobucket.

You wouldn't happen to know about that, would you? o_Q

Well, I did a cleaning sweep a long while ago on my photobucket account.
So that's why the links are broken.

Besides its old stuff, that thread is full of idiotic things.
God, I was such a noob in this :lol:

Then again, it shows that everybody starts from 0 knowledge.
So NOOBZ, it is possible to learn, though it does take time! :lol: ( not directed to anybody in particular.)

Slstoev
11-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Quanon will you add the module of the Tatooine temple in the K1 Lost Mudules Pack in Kotor files to your Tatooine temple?
Here's the link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Lost_Modules_Pack;85435

disbeliever
11-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Quanon will you add the module of the Tatooine temple in the K1 Lost Mudules Pack in Kotor files to your Tatooine temple?
Here's the link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Lost_Modules_Pack;85435

He already addressed this. He said no, and he has no intention of restoring it.

Quanon
11-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Last 2 days have been very productive in the 3D department.
Started to work on the inside of the temple.

What I got so far is named the "Archives", just like the Jedi temple, but this time its full of knowledge of the Sith :p

Of course the temple is old and the archives had some damage dealth to them.
Other extra bits include a section of corridors and a sort of mini room. That fits between bigger rooms and above mentioned hallway.

All that together is about 1/4 of my temple.
Polycount is already at 10.000+, though for indoor areas this is less bad.
As you can never see everything in one go. That was differant for my city, you could see a lot at once, so that required a more carefull aproach and more cleaning up.

So for the indoor I'm a bit more free to go "wild". I am keeping it in check though, to the best of my abilities :p

Now, enough of the jibberish, picture time:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend3.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend2.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend4.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend5.jpg

With these last shots I used a crazy material, it reflects and its glossy :p
Rendering can be so much fun!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend6.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend7.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/Hallrend8.jpg

Lord2
11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Looks good but the pictures are... a BIT too dark - or?

juansaman
11-08-2009, 06:48 PM
As usual, when Quanon dissapears by some days it's always a good sign. It means he has more stuff to show.
Your idea looks very interesting. I'll be watching your progress with a lot of interest.

jonathan7
11-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Looks good but the picture are... a BIT too dark - or?

You've never seen a proper horror film have you? :xp: Think Alien; it's not too dark ;)

Quanon
11-08-2009, 07:13 PM
You've never seen a proper horror film have you? :xp: Think Alien; it's not too dark ;)

Héhéhé, that was a bit the intention, plus it'll be a good counter balance to the more "happy bright" sunny canyon and city.

Looks good but the picture are... a BIT too dark - or?

Yes, I must confess, I should've payed more attention to what the quality setting was for my JPEGs. They're quiet grainy, well plain ugly.

So thing get more blurry then they should've been, my apologies dear viewers.
I'll try to come back with some better shots.

ForeverNight
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm afraid now....

Actually, very nice images! I finally have 3ds 2010 on my comp and have been playing around with it, lights are really 'fun' to play around with.

Why do you make me want to play this even more so!? Why do you torment us!

:xp:

Quanon
11-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Cause I worship Satan and he said I needed to tempt the Star Wars geeks! :lol:

Drunkside
11-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Cause I worship Satan and he said I needed to tempt the Star Wars geeks! :lol:

He also said that to me!:¬:

Anyway, the new shots are looking great too... Makes me want to get back to modding, but bleh, I will have to reinstall TSL. I think the areas look a tad bit too dark too, but not much, just a little bit less dark would be awsum.

Quanon
11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Okay, since my latest pictures weren't of that good quality I did some new renders. And this time I saved it under a better quality.

Enjoy!

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4914
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4913
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4912
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4915
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4911

Its still dark, but thats a bit how the area should be.

Marius Fett
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope the Sith have been keeping their insurance up to date.

Looks like someone's robbed all their lights. :p

I quite like this area. Looking forward to running round it. :p

Rinku
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes this is very nice keep up the good work (This would be a good place to have a nerf war :P ).

disbeliever
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Man if you ever wanted to make a zombio mod, this could be it :lol: resident eviiiiiiiiiiiil

JuniorModder
11-09-2009, 05:16 PM
How exciting! Looks very nice! It'll be better once you get some more texturing in there. ;)

JuniorModder

Quanon
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
How exciting! Looks very nice! It'll be better once you get some more texturing in there. ;)

JuniorModder

héhéhé, that's still of for awhile, need to do some more modelling first, before we can start on that.

ForeverNight
11-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Speechless.......

Sith Holocron
11-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Okay, since my latest pictures weren't of that good quality I did some new renders. And this time I saved it under a better quality.

Enjoy!

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4911

Its still dark, but thats a bit how the area should be.

Now this area looks like it could use some of those "glow rods" that they cut from KotOR1.

JuniorModder
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Now this area looks like it could use some of those "glow rods" that they cut from KotOR1.

Agreed, wait - glow rods?! COOL. Anyways Quanon, it should be dark, and it might look better once we actually play through it, but I still think there should be some light leaking through the ceiling or something. ;)

JuniorModder

logan23
11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Looks great from what I can see, but the images need to be lighten even if they are done in photoshop just to show the area off.

Keep it up =)

Quanon
11-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Looks great from what I can see, but the images need to be lighten even if they are done in photoshop just to show the area off.

Keep it up =)

No worries, I'll do some lighter renders once the thing has textures. Plus things will become more clear. For now I'll just keep you guys in the dark :xp:

I'm in my dark period xD
all nonsense aside, I did move on a bit; created the "centrale" hall, the first big thing you'll see when you come rushing in.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4922
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4924

My favourite shot :p
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4923

HdVaderII
11-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Wow, the central hall looks great, even if a tad bit dark for my tastes. Thats an incredible looking statue in the middle Q!

juansaman
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Looks great, as far as I can see though ;P
Will you add night vission glasses or something like that?
Seriously: it looks quite promising and, more important, thrilling and interesting. Keep it up, Q.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking to the pictures at home and not at the office using that lame screen monitor, I can say this: WOW great use of light and shadows, man!

Demongo
11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
This is much better than the most of the in-game areas. seriously:indif:

Quanon
11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
EDIT: Now that I'm looking to the pictures at home and not at the office using that lame screen monitor, I can say this: WOW great use of light and shadows, man!

I try my best to create nice shots :p

This is much better than the most of the in-game areas. seriously:indif:

Wow, thanks!

Another part has been added, not fully ready yet, just needs some minor damage added to it. Not as badly as the archives though.

Kind a like a cathedrale/church which was the aim ;)
I think this place will need some frescoos depicting legendary battles from the Sith. Would be nice, though I have no idea how to work that out :lol:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/ChurchRend01.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/ChurchRend02.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/ChurchRend03.jpg

Lord2
11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I really like that first picture, that cathedral feeling is captured.

I agree with Demongo; you have some variety in your modules, some unique ideas. Of course, there are some cool areas in the game but not many. Anyway, well done!

FaZzZa99
11-13-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm curious, will this require you reuse kotor's default module map layouts?

Rinku
11-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Quanon you never cease to amaze me, I love this area it looks epic ;) .

ForeverNight
11-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Mines of Moria anybody?

I hope you don't have a Balrug made for this Q! :xp:

Anyway, very nice looking.

Slstoev
11-14-2009, 05:02 AM
LOL LOL and again LOL!

Q that looks nothing like the temple on the Rakatan planet.

LucasArts and George Lucas should have had as an employee when they made the game.You would TOTALLY BLOW THEM OF!I'm sure if a LucasArts employee is looking at this right now he'll start druwling and wondering why didn't they employ when they had the chance.

Quanon
11-14-2009, 08:05 AM
LOL LOL and again LOL!
Q that looks nothing like the temple on the Rakatan planet.

Nope, this a temple the Sith designed, no alien influences! :p
I don't think the Sith liked the occupation of the Rakatan much; so I don't think they kept what the Rakatan build. Rather the opposite, destroy anything that would remind them of the Rakatan, perhaps besides a few things that helped them out to conquer the galaxy. :)

You know since I talked about adding art depicting great moments in Sith history I think I might add a wall painting where they are butchering Rakatans :lol:

LucasArts and George Lucas should have had as an employee when they made the game.You would TOTALLY BLOW THEM OF!I'm sure if a LucasArts employee is looking at this right now he'll start druwling and wondering why didn't they employ when they had the chance.

Wow, hahaha, thank you. ^_^
Mines of Moria anybody?
I hope you don't have a Balrug made for this Q! :xp:
Anyway, very nice looking.

Now that would be insane, wouldn't it :lol:
I've never done a creature model before, so I don't think it would look that amazing if I tried.

Quanon you never cease to amaze me, I love this area it looks epic ;) .

I'm curious, will this require you reuse kotor's default module map layouts?

Nope, nothing gets re-used, all the layouts will be new.
I did re-use those statues, just to tie in my models better with what Bioware made.

I really like that first picture, that cathedral feeling is captured.

I agree with Demongo; you have some variety in your modules, some unique ideas. Of course, there are some cool areas in the game but not many. Anyway, well done!

Thanks! Expect a newer update within a few days.

Slstoev
11-14-2009, 08:24 AM
You mean like Revan's vision of Akirakon Sin's betrayal on the temple's exterior if you have played BOSSR.

Man didn't expect to see butchered bodies of the Rakata on the exterior side of the temple.And boy where they many.

Quanon
11-14-2009, 09:33 AM
You mean like Revan's vision of Akirakon Sin's betrayal on the temple's exterior if you have played BOSSR.

Man didn't expect to see butchered bodies of the Rakata on the exterior side of the temple.And boy where they many.

Yes, I think it could be a nice "wink" to BoS: SR. :p

Plus I actually made that temple exteriour in the cave, with the statue of Akirakon putting a sword into a Rakatan. :D

Slstoev
11-14-2009, 10:31 AM
How did you do that?
How can you do that?
The only way I can think to do that without kotor tools is by frozing them in carbonyte both.
This gave me an idea.Will you make a another quest in the temple to recover Akirakon Sin's sword.
I want this mainly cause it's so powerfull and looks so well done in game.

Quanon
11-14-2009, 11:58 AM
How did you do that?
How can you do that?

By importing the models into 3Ds Max, play around with the skeleton/bones these models have. Each model has a "skeleton' within it so it can be animated.

All I did in Max was play around with untill I got a nice position. Then I got rid of the skeleton, making the models "frozen".

Not to hard to do though, but its rather poly heavy. I did those as Silver wanted something like that to decorate the area.

This gave me an idea.Will you make a another quest in the temple to recover Akirakon Sin's sword.
I want this mainly cause it's so powerfull and looks so well done in game.

Héh, that sword is in the game as an item, so you can get it by playing out BoS: SR and all of its fun easter-egg secretes. Or just use KSE or the cheats :p

Besides this temple of mine has nothing to do with the Brotherhood of Shadow. No siry!
So that rules out any connection between, BoS: SR and my mod. They're seperate and they'll stay that way.

Besides, the sword is Silvers property, I did make the model though, but it wouldn't be very respectfull. To surf on Silvers popular mod.

Now I don't have new renders, yet, but here's a look on how I think up all this 3D stuff. It always starts with some small sketches.
I do that because startingg out of the blue in 3D... that's not a very good idea. I don't follow my little drawings for a 100%, but they do give me an insight of how to do it in 3D and, well, they're just a guide.

First sketch is an idea for the entrance that'll lead to the bridge across the abyss:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/Artsy%20Bucht/Sketch01.jpg

This second sketch is for a guardian stutue, that 'll be near the bridge.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/Artsy%20Bucht/Sketch02.jpg

Once I start modelling I get new ideas and change the look of things on the go. Or I redo some sketches, it depends on the situation. The "church" thing changed more whilst modelling. A bit by mistake really, but it did came out OK. :lol:

Anyway, just trying to show a bit more insight on how I do things.

Mandalore The Shadow
11-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Wow Q this is really fantastic stuff I can't wait for it to come out. This is my KotOR dream come true to see some of this stuff but I agree that the last bit is a tad too dark.

ForeverNight
11-15-2009, 03:49 AM
/drools

Now that would be insane, wouldn't it
I've never done a creature model before, so I don't think it would look that amazing if I tried.

Isn't it you and J7 that have the project with Alien going on? So, I guess you would be the one for creature models right now. :xp:

Anyway, it would be hard to model out a Balrog, the who God of Fire and Shadow bit makes it a bit difficult.

Quanon
11-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Isn't it you and J7 that have the project with Alien going on? So, I guess you would be the one for creature models right now. :xp:

Yes, but I'm in doubts if I'll be able to deliver what J7 really wants to have.
So far I made, well, a long while ago, made an Alien mask, the mask looks cool but it isn't really scary :lol:

The best bit would be for a full new creature model; SithSpecters experiment with Revans cape did give me some hope that new creature models might be possible.

Anyway, not really worked at that, got 2 planets to watch over ;)

Anyway, it would be hard to model out a Balrog, the who God of Fire and Shadow bit makes it a bit difficult.

Yeah, the whole big wings o_O
And then a some emitters for the spark/brimstone and smoke.

It would be quiet the task to make the beast.

ForeverNight
11-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Never even thought of the wings.... /shudder

2 Planets? I can only think of Sleyheron....... wait, wasn't there something mentioned at the beginning of this thread about a planet for TSL?

JuniorModder
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM

2 Planets? I can only think of Sleyheron....... wait, wasn't there something mentioned at the beginning of this thread about a planet for TSL?

If Korriban is made from scratch, it will be able to go in TSL.

JuniorModder

Ping
11-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm also hoping for Aquilaris, but I'm not sure if Quanon is willing to do that at this point. ;).

I better reinstall KOTOR and TSL soon, just to play this awesome mod. :)

Quanon
11-16-2009, 05:46 AM

JuniorModder

True, but I'll need to think of a differant quest setup, well adjust it a bit.
The story I've got now expects the Sith to be present on Korriban, which isn't the case. Talking about Malaks Sith, not Sions ;)

Yes indeed, Sleheyron, Disbeliever did the most work so far on that though.

I'm also hoping for Aquilaris, but I'm not sure if Quanon is willing to do that at this point. ;).

I better reinstall KOTOR and TSL soon, just to play this awesome mod. :)

Aquilaris is on a hold, first I want Korriban out, then I might get back to that.
But Sleheyron will suck up time no doubt, plus I got some other little thingies to do here and there.

Marius Fett
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I got some other little thingies to do here and there

Yeah, three guns take forever to map, don't they. :p

Quanon
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
:xp: They'll be done someday.

HdVaderII
11-16-2009, 11:37 PM

Let's let Q do one thing at a time, shall we?

I have to say every time I look at this thread I'm wowed. Keep up the good work!

JuniorModder
11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Let's let Q do one thing at a time, shall we?

I was replying to this dude:

I was suggesting that maybe he was thinking of Korriban itself.

JuniorModder

HdVaderII
11-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Sorry, my mistake :p

On topic:
Making a guardian statue based off of that little drawing you had down there would make a really cool entranceway, I think.

ForeverNight
11-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Nah, it was Aquilaris, but thanks anyway Junior.

They'll be done someday.

Translation being: when I don't have 2 million projects going at one time

:xp:

Quanon
11-17-2009, 05:59 AM
^^ So very true :lol:

Quanon
11-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Allright, some new bits to show. About time I got something new done.
This time its mainly the hallway that leads down to the bridge.

Then the bridge of course :p
The cave still needs to be done, but this area is getting close to be done modelling wise. Then its the start of the texture job xD

Boy, oh boy!

Pictures, some quick renders only. I'll do some better setups once I did the texture job :)

Picture time:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=5025
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=5026
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=5027
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=5029
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=5030

Slstoev
11-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Dang man you are going to kill, make somebody fade, make them go in a koma or knock them out cold with these pictures.
This is nothing I've never seen before.I don't know if which are better TFU areas or these but I'm BETTING that these are BETTER!!!
:thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::):):):tng1::b ow::bow::bow::eyepop:eyepop:worship::worship::drop 2::drop2:

Trench
11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Those look great Q, but If I may offer a suggestion: Don't you think it would look better if the guardian statues were of Tuk'ata?