PDA

View Full Version : TFU 2 Cinematic Trailer

Spadille
12-17-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzP2wm33U5c&feature=related

What do ya guys think of this trailer?
I think it's pretty good, and it's cool seeing Starkiller using 2 sabers...

Thoughts on the trailer and the game in general?

Rinku
12-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I liked the trailer, it was interesting to hear both Vader and Yoda. Unfortunately it was not as exciting as the TOR trailer IMO.

adamqd
12-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Agreed, I actually think it was the same company, because the first shot of Starkiller's Cloaked Rear is a re-use of Darth Awesome's Temple entry... But yea the tOR Cinematic is probably the best thing I'd seen in a Long long Time.

Astor
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I thought it was good, but I would have liked to see some gameplay footage if they had any. I don't like the two lightsabers, but i'm hoping that's a choice you can make in the game.

Darth Awesome's

Is that what they're calling him now?

SW01
12-17-2009, 06:42 PM
It did look intriguing, despite the character debate that has sprung up around it. Though, the rather beastly looking thing that he fights reminded me an awful lot of the Cave Troll from The Fellowship of the Ring - same CGI nostril-work and some very similar sounds! :lol:

Ser'eck
12-18-2009, 01:22 AM
I thought it was a decent teaser for their first one.

Though, the rather beastly looking thing that he fights reminded me an awful lot of the Cave Troll from The Fellowship of the Ring - same CGI nostril-work and some very similar sounds! :lol:

I had thought the same thing!

Mandalore_
12-18-2009, 05:13 AM
I just love the twin lightsabers, that is awesome. The trailer was ok, but I felt that I wanted to see more. They could have shown us some gameplay or atleast some more cinematics IMO.

Btw nothing can be compared with SW:TOR trailer, that was like a movie. Epic

Shem
12-18-2009, 05:29 AM
One of my biggest problems with Starkiller coming back from the dead during the time in which it will happen (before ANH again), is that you can't kill him again and bring him back to life because then it becomes redundant and will turn fans off big time.

So you either keep Starkiller alive still at the end of the game or kill him, but if he is still alive, I have a hard time accepting that he wouldn't have been a major factor in the original trilogy as he is way too powerful to be alive on not doing something unless there is something imprisoning him during that time. We'll have to see how that plays out.

But if you kill him *again* without the intention of bring him back again, you still did something totally redundant as it makes his sacrifice in the first one really become dull and uneasy. So you have to keep him alive after the second one. This will be interesting.

This is why that I was hoping that if you brought him back, it would be after ROTJ.

Ser'eck
12-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Unless if the new story really does happen after the OT and they told us between 3 and 4 just to through us off. Honestly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to apparently kill him first then bring him back for 2 more years.

Just hope they don't make the end of the second one where he goes into exile just so they can use him again in later stories. Which may happen to keep the OT stories untouched.

Harkonnen07
12-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Unless if the new story really does happen after the OT and they told us between 3 and 4 just to through us off. Honestly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to apparently kill him first then bring him back for 2 more years.

Just hope they don't make the end of the second one where he goes into exile just so they can use him again in later stories. Which may happen to keep the OT stories untouched.

No, you see he's just gonna go off and try to find the True Sith and never be heard of ever again by anyone.

Zwier Zak
12-18-2009, 05:48 PM
This is why that I was hoping that if you brought him back, it would be after ROTJ.

I agree 100% (yeah, I'm afraid too:eek:).

Rinku
12-18-2009, 06:56 PM
No, you see he's just gonna go off and try to find the True Sith and never be heard of ever again by anyone.

:lol:

I agree with you Shem it will be interesting to see what they do.

Harkonnen07
12-19-2009, 05:46 AM
All I can say is it better not be a clone, cause I will put my fist through my television.

adamqd
12-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Is that what they're calling him now?

Merely speculation lol,. but yea, kinda fitting :) Although he isn't as cool as the Jedi Knight/Master he fights... He made me Like Light Jedi for the First time since Luke Skywalker

renat
12-19-2009, 06:37 AM
garbadge...

adamqd
12-19-2009, 06:42 AM
garbage...

fixed

Darth Darkus
12-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I like the trailer! But as said before nothing can be compared to the TOR trailer... nonetheless I also like the dual sabers (although red would've looked better imo) and I'm pretty curious about the game and story actually.... I guess pc players have to wait 'til november 2011 to play it...

Harkonnen07
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
garbadge...

So did you not like the trailer, or not like the game.

If it's the trailer I can understand. The game. Why are you here.

logan essex
12-19-2009, 05:11 PM
So you either keep Starkiller alive still at the end of the game or kill him..... unless there is something imprisoning him during that time. .

There is always carbonite

Exile007
12-19-2009, 06:02 PM
I imagine Juno Eclipse would come into play somewhere along the line. Starkiller isn't necessarily a Jedi Knight, it seems as if he fights for his friends and Juno. If Juno lived on a desolate planet, he could very well spend his life protecting her.

Harkonnen07
12-20-2009, 06:17 AM
I imagine Juno Eclipse would come into play somewhere along the line. Starkiller isn't necessarily a Jedi Knight, it seems as if he fights for his friends and Juno. If Juno lived on a desolate planet, he could very well spend his life protecting her.

I truthfully don't see how. She remains a pilot for the Rebel Scum. If she would come into contact with Galen that would mean he somehow runs back into the Rebellion. Wouldn't that mean he would fight for them?

Zwier Zak
12-20-2009, 08:50 AM
guess pc players have to wait 'til november 2011 to play it...

Link? I would like to think it will come out the same time as the consoles this time.

Shem
12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
I imagine Juno Eclipse would come into play somewhere along the line. Starkiller isn't necessarily a Jedi Knight, it seems as if he fights for his friends and Juno. If Juno lived on a desolate planet, he could very well spend his life protecting her.Now that could be a logical explanation to why Starkiller doesn't play a role in the OT. He ran off with Juno.

hk2hal
12-20-2009, 01:12 PM
What I want is DISMEMBERMENT! and of course the ability to use different sabers.

A lightsaber that can't cut you apart, isn't a lightsaber.

Ser'eck
12-20-2009, 01:41 PM
It's very logical that Starkiller keeps in hiding. He was the apprentice of Darth Vader and fought against the Emperor, two very good reasons to stay out of sight. Thus his non-existence in the OT.

Rinku
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Now that could be a logical explanation to why Starkiller doesn't play a role in the OT. He ran off with Juno.
That is logical.

Another reason could've been that after he (somehow) escapes from the Deathstar, Starkiller searches for Juno. Eventually crashing on the unknown world (seen in the trailer), leaving him out of the OT.

Unfortunately LA has announced that the game is between episodes 3 & 4, ruling out the reason stated above (the one I posted).

Zerimar Nyliram
12-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I still wish he could be cut off from the Force somehow, as I said in the other thread. If I were Galen, I would feel that the Force had made my life a living hell, and eventually I'd want nothing to do with it, desiring to lead a normal life.

Ain't gonna happen, though. :(

Shem
12-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I still wish he could be cut off from the Force somehow, as I said in the other thread. If I were Galen, I would feel that the Force had made my life a living hell, and eventually I'd want nothing to do with it, desiring to lead a normal life.

Ain't gonna happen, though. :(He isn't the Exile. ;)

Besides, what fun would be the game if he didn't use the Force? ;)

Zerimar Nyliram
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm talking about his final fate at the end of the game, Shem. ;) Or at the end of the trilogy or what ever will be the final installment in The Force Unleashed franchise.

Shem
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm talking about his final fate at the end of the game, Shem. ;) Or at the end of the trilogy or what ever will be the final installment in The Force Unleashed franchise.The biggest problem is using that idea is redundant because of TSL and it will turn people off.

Harkonnen07
12-21-2009, 05:44 PM
The biggest problem is using that idea is redundant because of TSL and it will turn people off.

It would turn me off, and seem like a such a cop out at the end. This is why we don't see him, because he's weak and useless now.

I truthfully at this point don't see how it can end and not effect the timeline in someway. Though it's gonna be interesting to see how they do it.

Zerimar Nyliram
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but in the Exile's defense, the Council did not succeed in severing her connection to the Force. So far, it has only actually happened to Ulic Qel-Droma.

But yeah, still redundant, I know. :( But Galen's death would be redundant as well. And simply having him "go away" and out the remainder of his life in is also cliché as ever, so you can't win, really.

Harkonnen07
12-22-2009, 03:58 AM
What I'm wondering is if it will end on some type of cliff hanger. That, that would not be good.

Shem
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
What I'm wondering is if it will end on some type of cliff hanger. That, that would not be good.That depends. If that means there will be a sequel for resolution, then that shouldn't be a problem.

Harkonnen07
12-22-2009, 08:55 AM
With the way Lucas Arts are about making sequels for one games, I would hate to left going WTF!? and waiting for even a chance to play a possible conclusion.

Zerimar Nyliram
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I think that if they plan to make this franchise into a trilogy, a cliffhanger is perfectly fine. I can envision it being done all God of War style.

But yes, when I think of what happened with KOTOR, it kind of leaves me doubting.

Revan_Malak
12-22-2009, 04:02 PM
All I can say is it better not be a clone, cause I will put my fist through my television.

That, in fact, is very likely. Confused, misguided, remembers only partly...doesn't it fit everything? And in my opinion, there is no way he could have survived the Death Star(at least on the LS end). I think that the 'Clone Wars annihilators', as I like to call them, the people who 'Clone War' every era, will do just that. I'd even bet money on some sort of similar crap...

Zerimar Nyliram
12-22-2009, 10:46 PM
It'd be funny if he was two feet tall and called "Minikiller."

bliznez
12-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Ok, com'on guys- SA? Survived? After all those explosions, PLUS that friendly gang of troopers, behind him, PLUS the Emporor competing with him by force lighttning, PLUS vader, ready to strike, back on his feet, PLUS.......

i hope i have made myself clear- i could give much more reasons tough; What IS possible, though, is, say-

tatooine.... obiwan standing with a lightsaber turned off, but pointed at darth maul- at Cyborg (!) Darth maul......
BANG! The uncle of Luke skywalker made a shot- darth maul is the one with the force once again......
And there is no one to observe it- well, heh apart from old ben kenobi, young teen Luke, his Uncle, and....... some lost spirit.
Spirit? (Oh yea, if u are thinking what da hell is this guy on about, is'e nuts?- then pls watch the flash movie about Old Ben vs Cyborg Maul).
So, what is the spirit? It is a soul of a recentely killed Jedi; of A Jedi who has left everything, sacrificed himself to save his friends, while being trained by the greatest sith lord; a soul of a jedi, who was there to observe, not to attack, and neither for defence- he appeared there to gain knowledge.....
It was Starkiller's spirit, who just learnt the highest secret of dark Side- the secret of Darth Plageius

How 'bout that? :D And then, obviosly, he started using this power, to resurrect himself, Or (Since in the trailer, The "apprentice" looked a bit....... eeeeeer, Unusual) even make his own son- just like his master was once born;
what d'youthink, guys?

Zerimar Nyliram
12-25-2009, 01:07 PM
I think that's fanboyish and corny (no offense).

Zwier Zak
12-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I think that's fanboyish and corny (no offense).
Same here.

bliznez
12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Wow-WOW- do u mean MY story?
Hey, c'mon- im good, yeah? I can make the SW plot for another ten trilogies like Lucas' if they werent all made in comics
And if u think im a fanboy- well, take that, it's NOT an offense- yes, i AM a fan of StarKiller, and i am glad to admit it (As all of you are, probably)
Now, im sure they wont use this story, cause its overssimplified- but hey, theoretically, it ccould work! I mean, it does not really interfere with original SW films, right?
Oh, and about corny- well, im russian- i ve got no f**g idea what it is))) Pls explain, im a n00b

mstr kenobi
12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
i'm actually brazilian,but spent time both in the us and uk and for me
corny=lame,kinda stupid,often something old and tired or childish

i've always took it that way at least...

btw i also didn't like your story very much,sorry buddy

bliznez
01-01-2010, 09:46 AM
U dont need to like it Very much- just enough for the game's introduction- and thats what i did, in about like 5 mins.

redshtef
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Can anyone tell me when its gonna be released on PC?

JediSithLordAdas
04-08-2010, 01:27 AM
well the trailer looked really awesome, now they better put it in the game of area you will definitely fight in, we do need some game footage big time, plus when is lucas arts, going to release its trailers thru X360 live as well as its diarys, like what they did with TFU, another thing too, Lets get Galen Marek & Juno to have a child or children, galen is becoming a much loved character, he will need somethin to continue his fathers seedline, an maybe bring 1 of his kids into the present star wars book series, would be nice to see Galen,Luke,Corran,Kyle,Jaina,Leia, Han fight Side by Side kicking ass against there next foe in the galaxy.

Shem
04-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Can anyone tell me when its gonna be released on PC?
I don't think anybody can tell anyone anything at this moment as there isn't much information about this game just yet. If it's not on the official site, we just don't know.

Sure, people out there will start rumors to get reactions, so be aware of those.