PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WITH HUD RESKIN

LORD SPARTAN
03-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi it's been a while since I've skin something and I was making a new hud look, but I can't manage to change the green text color in the armor slot. I've search my asset0.pk3, but didn't found it. Is there a texture for it or I must edit .cfg file to manage that?

ds615
03-29-2010, 08:05 AM
Several of the HUD items (colors mostly) are actually generated by the code, so would need to be changed in there.
I don't know if that is one of them or not. If you can't find it, then I would guess it is.

LORD SPARTAN
03-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Several of the HUD items (colors mostly) are actually generated by the code, so would need to be changed in there.
I don't know if that is one of them or not. If you can't find it, then I would guess it is.

I was affraid of that, but what coded file should I modify, are they in CFG or UI or in Script?

-=*Raz0r*=-
03-29-2010, 02:50 PM
He means the game source code.

SDK -> cgame -> cg_draw.c -> CG_Draw2D()
That is, if JK2 source is anything like JA's source..

LORD SPARTAN
03-30-2010, 08:11 AM

The best I found in JK is vm\cgame.qvm

So I downloaded the Quake 1 2 3 - qvm_dis---QVM EDITOR

I will keep searching for what you told me and I will post some screen of what I've done so far and some photoshoped screen of what I want for the final result.

-=*Raz0r*=-
03-30-2010, 05:26 PM
cgame.qvm is the compiled virtual-machine binary of the 'cgame' project.

LORD SPARTAN
03-31-2010, 09:51 AM
cgame.qvm is the compiled virtual-machine binary of the 'cgame' project.

That would be the one ore I am all the way wrong, tell me because I am still searching a way to make work the QVM Editor I've downloaded.

irish_texan
04-07-2012, 04:26 PM

i thought we didnt have the singleplayer source code?