PDA

View Full Version : What ancient Sith Lord would you like to see?

DarthReign
03-10-2010, 12:55 AM
I feel like there will be an Sith Lord from the old times in the game and I just want to touch base with everyone and see which one you would enjoy seeing and/or fighting.

Alexrd
03-10-2010, 06:22 AM
None. There are only two Sith.

DarthReign
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM

I know man! That's insane because you didn't fight a Darth Maul simulation in the first game.

Alexrd
03-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I know man! That's insane because you didn't fight a Darth Maul simulation in the first game.

Indeed. A Darth Maul simulation, not Darth Maul himself.

DarthReign
03-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Indeed. A Darth Maul simulation, not Darth Maul himself.

I mean its pretty obvious that none of these Sith Lords are alive. I was just talking about through holocron or battle simulation.

adamqd
03-10-2010, 01:50 PM

The Force, and, well Science fantasy itself, allow Commune with many a dead Sith.

ot: I think it would be cool to see Starkiller go to Korriban in search of Answers and to stumble into the tome of Darth <insert>, although it has happened many, many Times in other games and books, so it would have to be done well to not be samey. :)

DarthReign
03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
The Force, and, well Science fantasy itself, allow Commune with many a dead Sith.

ot: I think it would be cool to see Starkiller go to Korriban in search of Answers and to stumble into the tome of Darth <insert>, although it has happened many, many Times in other games and books, so it would have to be done well to not be samey. :)

I would love a Korriban level man. That would be the ****.

LordOfTheFish
03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Can't we forget the ancient sith lords already?

adamqd
03-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Can't we forget the ancient sith lords already?

well, in G-Canon theres like 4 lol, gonna have to branch out now and again

Shem
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
You spelled Revan wrong in your poll. ;)

Zerimar Nyliram
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
God, none of them! No offense, but this is very fanboyish and stupid. Such a thing might work for KOTOR, but not with The Force Unleashed. The story is set up so differently that such a thing would be extremely out of place.

No ancient Sith, no cloning, no resurrections, no having Galen block lightsaber blades with his hands or eating stars for breakfast. None of that crap, please!

DarthReign
03-11-2010, 01:14 AM
God, none of them! No offense, but this is very fanboyish and stupid. Such a thing might work for KOTOR, but not with The Force Unleashed. The story is set up so differently that such a thing would be extremely out of place.

No ancient Sith, no cloning, no resurrections, no having Galen block lightsaber blades with his hands or eating stars for breakfast. None of that crap, please!

Hey man settle down. It's not out of the question...I mean you fought Darth Maul...so why not have Galen find a holocron? Or Proxy uses ancient training simulation? I don't think it'll happen but its fun to speculate.

Zerimar Nyliram
03-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Because that is completely contrary to the game's theme. KOTOR was very heavily dipped in Expanded Universe lore, so name-dropping ancient Sith Lords left and right was fine. TFU has a completely different feel: it lives off of what most people know from the movies, so drudging up expanded universe lore - especially from the more ancient times in the Star Wars universe - would be completely out of sync with the feel of the game.

Maul's presence in the first game was completely unlike that because he was a character from the films, so it was semi-acceptable (once you get over how random the encounter was, but I guess that's the point). Encountering Naga Sadow's holocron just would not jive with such a game. If the franchise had been very heavily steeped in Expanded Universe lore from the get-go, fine; but it was intended to cater more to the movie crowd.

You get me?

DarthReign
03-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Because that is completely contrary to the game's theme. KOTOR was very heavily dipped in Expanded Universe lore, so name-dropping ancient Sith Lords left and right was fine. TFU has a completely different feel: it lives off of what most people know from the movies, so drudging up expanded universe lore - especially from the more ancient times in the Star Wars universe - would be completely out of sync with the feel of the game.

Maul's presence in the first game was completely unlike that because he was a character from the films, so it was semi-acceptable (once you get over how random the encounter was, but I guess that's the point). Encountering Naga Sadow's holocron just would not jive with such a game. If the franchise had been very heavily steeped in Expanded Universe lore from the get-go, fine; but it was intended to cater more to the movie crowd.

You get me?

Yeah, actually you make a good point. They made up alot of material for TFU instead of using the EU. So that actually makes sense.

Alexrd
03-11-2010, 05:38 PM

This was my point.

LordOfTheFish
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM

QFT. Forget the Sith Lords, that's already been done.

TKA-001
03-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Since they seem to have "Galen" coming back to life, I see nothing wrong with having him fight a resurrected or ghost Sith Lord; it's no less ridiculous.

Just for the hell of it, I vote for Darth Revan. I want to see Revan get the **** kicked out of him by Vader's apprentice.

adamqd
03-13-2010, 05:05 AM
hehe

Nick Vader
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Revan is a MUST, if ancient sith lords are placed in TFU2. But then again, wouldn't that mess with Star Wars cannonicity ? Anyway, if he's just a memory or a force ghost, I'd be glad to see him in-game.

HockeyGoalie35
04-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Revan is a MUST, if ancient sith lords are placed in TFU2. But then again, wouldn't that mess with Star Wars cannonicity ? Anyway, if he's just a memory or a force ghost, I'd be glad to see him in-game.

I agree, Revan was one of my favorite Kotor Sith-ers

JediAthos
04-20-2010, 07:44 PM

Don't forget, this is Lucasarts...they play darts with cannon :)

HockeyGoalie35
04-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Don't forget, this is Lucasarts...they play darts with cannon :)

Ha! ain't THAT the truth

DarthGOGO
05-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Well I would be happy if either Bane, Revan or Plagueis showed up the game. Other than Vader and Sidious those 3 are my favourite Sith Lords.

Ztalker
05-29-2010, 11:11 AM
As if dragging Maul from the grave for part 1 wasn't bad enough. :(

Let's have a Ravan clone with Luke, Supershadow and Anikon dna! Uberpwnage. [/sarcasm]

But seriously. No ancient Sith Lords. Referencing is okay, blatantly raping canon (what they'll probably do) isn't, imo.
If you'd want to add something, maybe have Galen visit Korriban and some tombs, like Kotor did.
Maybe they could intertwine with the Swtor team to sketch Revan's past. Some clues in this game, some clues in Swtor...but LA wouldnt do that.
b

Darth Eclipse
05-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Augh! So...Many...Darth Revan...Misspellings in this thread!!!

Ghost
05-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Meh, I vote none. The rule of two is fine enough, as much as I love Revan I like to stick with reality

truJedi
05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
i personally would think darth plagueis would be more related to the story then anything :D imagine if starkiller had a sort of vision about darth plaueis with plagueis revealing all of the emperors secretes and weaknesses ( as far fetched as that sounds)
Would be cool to fight him and maybe gain his respect.

And yer as for reven, i dont think he would really have any relevence in the story lol
as much as i also love him.

Lovemachine 69
07-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Revan FTW

Think about it,he was on his way back to known space from the unknown regions,about to warn the Republic about the sith invasion,then mandalorian neocrusaders bash him over the head with a brick,knock him out freeze him in carbonite to sell him as a slave ,then the mandalorian base gets attacked,later abandoned then he is left alone....THEN about 3,970 years later, our hero Galen Marek's ship breaks down,he is forced to crash-land on mandalore,in desperate need of supplies he goes to an abandoned mandalorian fort,where he discovers a frozen Revan.then he takes him ,and with their combined bad-assery they team up and slap the emperor and vader senseless.

Darca Lar
07-15-2010, 04:13 AM
The reason I'm saying Darth Plagueis and not Exar Kun is 1: It could tie in with Palpatinel; and 2: I dont' know anything more about him than was described by Palpatine in Ep. 3

AlexDM
07-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Darth Revan - Only because he was EPIC for his time and starkiller is EPIC at this time

Epic vs Epic = !@$?!^&*....yes...it must happen