PDA

View Full Version : Custom Item Perl Error

13ack.Stab
07-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Hey, guys.

I've just recently started modding KotOR 2.

For my first project, I decided to create a custom (and overpowered) blaster rifle.

After doing so, I opened up KSE and attempted to give my party the aforementioned blaster. However, upon selecting the item in the master item list, I receive the following error:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 190

I've uploaded my custom item to filebeam so that anybody interested in helping may take a look at my modifications.

The file may be found here: http://filebeam.com/411406f13cdd845b23fad5a9587d534a

The file password is: oranges

Thanks for your time.

P.S. Another issue I've been having with this file is my apparent inability to name the blaster. In the LocalizedName node, I set the StringRef field to -1, but am able to change neither the Language field, nor the Substring Info. Any ideas?

Seikan
07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Well, first of all, do you have your "w_blstrrifle_031.mdl/mdx?" other thing, if you want a blaster put as base item blaster rifle and not Blaster Carbine, because it won't recognize a "blstrrifle" model, so or you change the base item, or you rename your model to "w_blstrcrbn_031.mdl/mdx".

Also there is an error with one of the properties. Try to fix all of that and tell me what happens.

13ack.Stab
07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Ah, I see.

Okay, I've corrected my .mdl/.mdx/.tga files, and have successfully gotten my Carbine in game. However, I am experiencing three problems.

1) I am still unable to name my weapon.
2) For whatever reason, my '+Damage vs. Droids' struct is showing up as 'bludgeoning' damage. How do I change this to unstoppable/ion?
3) My 'Cast Spell' struct isn't casting 'Force Storm,' as I intended. Any idea what's going wrong?

I've uploaded the new files to the original post, but they can also be found here:

http://filebeam.com/411406f13cdd845b23fad5a9587d534a

Password: oranges

Thanks for your time!

Seikan
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
1) For what you said it seems to me that you work with GFF editor, and not Kotor tool, give it a try to KT, it should work for the name.

2)Use Kotor Tool would also help, when you open your file go to "properties", fond you "+ damage vs. race", then the subtype would be "droid", the value "2d10" and then you will have "Param 1", put "ion" or unstoppable in there ^^

3)For what I know it don't work to add force powers to a weapon.

No problem ^^