PDA

View Full Version : Strange Error

reivzje
07-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Hello everybody :) i am new to the KOTOR Modding scene and i have a bit of a problem here. Everytime i try to compile the model i get this weird error : Failed to open file! GetLastError returned 5 any advice in this ? :confused:

EDIT: What's the biggest difference between KOTOR head models and TSL head models ? I am trying to get the PFHC01 head from KOTOR to TSL for personal use only.

ROTNR
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, what program are you using to "compile" the model? GMAX is what comes to mind right away. Try deselecting "Sanity Checks" and when *I think you mean exporting* the file, you do not need to select the button that says "Compile Exported Model" instead, just export "GEOM Only" or "Anim + Geom" (Anim + Geom) sometimes won't work so try Export Geom By itself. And if the MaxScript dialog pops up when You export it, you need to re-load NWMAX. *MaxScript > Run Script >(navigate to your gmax Scripts/NWMAX folder) NWMAX.ms*
hope this helps

reivzje
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
That worked! Thanks. But now i am having also a problem with the replacer from taina Error Message : Access violation at address 00401CD5 in module "replacer.exe". Write of address 0130C018 :confused:

EDIT:Ok here is another problem

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5314/swkotor220100709222019.jpg what could be the problem of that ?

And is it actually possible to get Kotor heads into TSL ?

ForeverNight
07-09-2010, 03:04 PM
uhm, best advice I can give you -I've never used Tania's Tool- is to try and get another copy and see if it works better :\ Sounds like it could be a corrupt .exe

ROTNR
07-09-2010, 09:26 PM
That worked! Thanks. But now i am having also a problem with the replacer from taina Error Message : Access violation at address 00401CD5 in module "replacer.exe". Write of address 0130C018 :confused:

EDIT:Ok here is another problem

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5314/swkotor220100709222019.jpg what could be the problem of that ?

And is it actually possible to get Kotor heads into TSL ?

Are you still having troubles with the replacer? or just the box head? or is the box supposed to be your head? I remember durring my original mod, I couldn't quite figure out how to keep my character's head scaled, so it was huge. But now, I think it might have been the dummies that were set up.

reivzje
07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
yep i still have the problem with the replacer...

EDIT: NVM about the head's will try to make one from scratch