PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] LDR's WIPs

LDR
07-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone! This is my modding WIPs page (and whatever, whatever).

1. Prison Ship (k1)
You have the option to travel to a high-security Prison Ship, although its dealings are questionable.

2. Republic Cruiser as Ship (k1)
Instead of the Ebon Hawk, you get a hammerhead-class cruiser named the Indomitable as your flagship. And it's legal!

3. Yavin IV (k1)
You have the option to go to Yavin IV. Should you choose, there is plenty of loot to plunder, as well as lots of danger!

4. Reign of Revan (k1)
If you chose the dark path of KOTOR, you became Lord Revan. This mod lets you reign as Revan.

5. The Battle of Dxun (k2)
While on Dxun, you receive a flashback of the Battle of Dxun, a major battle in the Mandalorian Wars. You must fight with old comrades as you relive the horrors of this pyrrhic battle.

6. Recruit Ajunta Pall 2.0 (k1)
An update to my Beta recruitment mod. (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruit_Ajunta_Pall;113179)

7. Recruit Balak V'stok (k2)
You get to recruit Balak V'stok, a runaway Czerka mercenary. After learning of his past, you hear of the Veridan, a powerful crime sindicate, but as unknown as the GenoHaradan. Balak was once one of them, and now he wants to take them down. Join Balak on Nar Shadda as you fight them and their leader, Vakar.

8. Korriban Restoration (k1)
Restores various content on Korriban.

9. LDR's KOTOR Improvement Mod 2.0 (LKIM 2.0) (k1)
An improvement patch to LKIM. This will fix anything I forgot, improve and remove stuff, add stuff, and so on.

10. LDR's Big Skin Pack (k1)
Self-explanatory.

11. A Crashed Republic Cruiser On A Nameless World (k1)
You get to explore the crashed Republic Cruiser on the beach on the Unknown World.

12. Korriban Expansion (k1)
Expands Korriban, includes the Ajunta Pall sidequest (no longer recruitment) and what was in the 'restoration' mod.

13. Katarr (k2)
You get to go to Katarr, and feel first-hand a Wound in the Force.

Before you people start telling me that, that's too many projects, I just want you to know that I've heard it before (ie. Holty, Dak, Kyr'am). Oh yeah, my computer broke and I needed to get a new one, so most of my work was lost. I saved some of it on a disk, but that was when I finished the first module of the prison ship.

Beta Testers:
1.) Ӄhrizby
2.) Zhaboka
3.) Dak Drexl
4.) Slstoev
5.) Fair Strides 2

Kyr'am Galaar
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
4. Reign of the Sith (k1)
If you chose the dark path of KOTOR, you became Lord Revan. This mod lets you reign as Revan.
* NOTE: I am well aware of a Reign of the Sith mod by Gsccc. But, he eventually quit on it, and it was lost.

At least pick a different name...

Canderis
07-19-2010, 12:06 AM
2. Republic Cruiser as Ship (k1)
Instead of the Ebon Hawk, you get a hammerhead-class cruiser named the Indomitable as your flagship.
What will be in it
* Requisitions Officer.
* Sparring area.
* Cameras.
* Republic Admiral.
* Republic Soldiers.
* Jedi.

I am personally most interested in this mod. (and I would be willing to help. I have ideas :evil1:)

At least pick a different name...
Reign of Revan?

LDR
07-19-2010, 12:36 AM
I am personally most interested in this mod. (and I would be willing to help. I have ideas :evil1:)

So, what ideas do you have? I'm trying to make the new ship as fun and interactive as possible (unlike the Ebon Hawk).

Marius Fett
07-19-2010, 04:34 AM
3. Yavin IV (k1)

~Snip
* Tomb of Ulic Qel-Droma.
~Snip
* Boss fight with the Spirit of Ulic Qel-Droma (dark side).

You realize of course that Ulic's tomb is on Rhen Var?

LDR
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
You realize of course that Ulic's tomb is on Rhen Var? Umm, no. I didn't know that.

Kainzorus Prime
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
That's 'Indominable', not Indomitable.

Holty1-5
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
5. The Battle of Dxun (k1)
While on Dxun, you receive a flashback of the Battle of Dxun, a major battle in the Mandalorian Wars.

this is ment to be a K2 Mod right? Any way good list and cant wait for a few nice updates :)

Marius Fett
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Umm, no. I didn't know that.

Might wanna rethink your mod a little, mate. :)

LDR
07-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok. I'll replace Ulic's Tomb with Naga Sadow's tomb.

Marius Fett
07-19-2010, 05:19 PM
..which is on Korriban. :p

LDR
07-19-2010, 05:57 PM
There is another one, which is on Yavin IV. The one he was buried in. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow%27s_Tomb

logan23
07-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice list of mods.

From what I see you have about 2 years worth of work = all mods done.

I would say take on one of your larger mods at a time and use a small mod like item created one as for when you get overwhelmed or a little burned out.

With Reign of Revan- i would make each a battle combat base module not one with quests you find in the regular kotor.

Take time and flesh out the ones that need it while working on building the ones you know and are already laid out.

Good luck and always remember to focus on the cake and not the icing when building large mods. :thmbup1:

Logan

LDR
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks logan. I'll keep that in mind.

Sith Holocron
07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
You realize of course that Ulic's tomb is on Rhen Var?

Umm, no. I didn't know that.

Not to beat a dead horse but didn't Darth Insidious already start a [WIP] covering this same material (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159690&page=5)?

LDR
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I just started working on my Republic Cruiser as Ship mod, but when I tried to enter the Ebon Hawk to be in that module, the game crashed, multiple times. I don't know what to do.

LDR
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I just want to let you all know that these mods are not dead. I'm just unable to do them because the cheat console in my game doesn't work. Even if I fix it or if someone helps me fix it, I still have real life issues to deal with, and the addictiveness of Halo Reach (but I can put Halo Reach on hold for a maximum of 4 days).

LDR
10-22-2010, 08:56 PM
I have good news. I'm finally ignoring my temptations to play Halo Reach (which is easy since I got grounded from my Xbox) and I'm going to start modding again. Now, the mod I'm going to start is Korriban Restoration. Most of it is placing more characters in the modules, since I felt that they were "too empty". I started the Dreshdae Exterior. I have all the coordinates and utcs ready and a possible utp, but I have no idea how to do an OnEnter script. Can somebody please help me?

Viado Onasi
10-22-2010, 09:41 PM
What do you me by an OnEnter script? and also, you can also use the taris dueling ring (or some [new or not] modeled thing for the dueling*

LDR
10-22-2010, 09:47 PM
By OnEnter script I mean the placeables and characters and stuff that spawn while the module loads. Instead of adding them in the GIF file with the coordinates and such and be forced to remake the other placeables and characters, I could just use an OnEnter script. But I don't know how to do it because I'm a terrible scripter. Viado, I was going to use the Training Annex in the Manaan Sith Base as a Training Area, because I'd prefer to use that than a dueling ring.

Jedi/Sith
10-22-2010, 09:49 PM
This sounds very promising. Keep up the good work LordDeathRay.

Viado Onasi
10-22-2010, 10:12 PM
hmm I don't know then, and good idea.

Kyr'am Galaar
10-22-2010, 10:45 PM
How to spawn a container when I enter an area:

(you can always decompile the script and add the lines to spawn a container or you can use the easy following method which gives the same results at the end)

1. extract the On_enter script for the module. Check the .are file if you are unsure. Per example, when you enter the bar in NAr Shadaa, the script would be: a_306onenter.ncs
2. rename the script you just extracted to something else: exmaple old__a_306onenter.ncs
3. Create a new script:

void main()
{
object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
//check if the object is already there to avoid multiple objects
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("o")))
{
//replace the (0.00,0.00,0.00) by the xyz coordinates where you want to spawn the container.
//for TSL, use the whereami armband http://www.starwarsknights.com to get the coordinates. For kotor use the whereami cheat
oContainer= CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "container_templateresref", Location(Vector(0.00,0.00,0.00), 0.0));
}
// Fire the old onenter script that we renamed at step 2:
ExecuteScript("old_a_306onenter", OBJECT_SELF);
}

}
4. Save your script as a_306onenter.nss (the original name of the On enter script we extracted) and compile.

How to spawn a npc in an area:

It works exactly the same as a container:
1. extract the On_enter script for the module. Check the .are file if you are unsure. Per example, when you enter the bar in NAr Shadaa, the script would be: a_306onenter.ncs
2. rename the script you just extracted to something else: exmaple old__a_306onenter.ncs
3. Create a new script:

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("o")))
{
//Note that the script uses OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE instead of OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE - that's the only difference with the container:
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "my_npc_templateresref", Location(Vector(43.41,-0.28,9.66), 0.0));

// this portion is optional and will only work if you spawn the npc not too far from where you enter the area - careful if there are scripted cutscenes too.
// You can also use the On perception event instead of the on enter script for this.
NoClicksFor(0.5);
//Make the NPC walk towards you:
AssignCommand((GetObjectByTag("my_npc_tag")),ActionMoveToObject(oPC));
//Make the npc initiate the converstation after approcahing you:
AssignCommand ((GetObjectByTag("my_npc_tag")), ActionDoCommand(ActionStartConversation(oPC)));
}

ExecuteScript("old_a_306onenter", OBJECT_SELF);
}

}
4. Save your script as a_306onenter.nss (the original name of the On enter script we extracted) and compile

You don't need to add all of the features to the scripts. Just the one to spawn it. If you need more help, either PM or VM me. I'll go into detail then...

LDR
10-23-2010, 10:47 AM
void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
if (!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag("kor_czex1")))
{
//Note that the script uses OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE instead of OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE - that's the only difference with the container:
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(22.99,23.79,59.10), 0.0));

// this portion is optional and will only work if you spawn the npc not too far from where you enter the area - careful if there are scripted cutscenes too.
// You can also use the On perception event instead of the on enter script for this.
NoClicksFor(0.5);
//Make the NPC walk towards you:
AssignCommand((GetObjectByTag("kor_czex1")),ActionMoveToObject(oPC));
//Make the npc initiate the converstation after approcahing you:
AssignCommand ((GetObjectByTag("kor_czex1")), ActionDoCommand(ActionStartConversation(oPC)));
}

ExecuteScript("old_a_33abonenter", OBJECT_SELF);
}

Alright, I made my script, but I have 3 questions:
1.) Where do I put my X and Y Orientations?
2.) How do I add more people to this script, and also a placeable?
3.) How do I make this script work ingame?

Drunkside
10-24-2010, 12:01 PM
That's 'Indominable', not Indomitable.

Actually its indomitable... You can check it if you like, I did.

.:Sam:.
10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it work in-game if you simply compiled it and had it as the OnEnter script in the modules .are file?

Qui-Gon Glenn
10-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it work in-game if you simply compiled it and had it as the OnEnter script in the modules .are file?Yes and no.... if you edit modules directly, you can encounter mod compatibility issues. It is a better way to use the script injection method of using the OnEnter in the override, as you avoid causing problems for other mods and your own upon installation.

It is also easier to troubleshoot mod compatibility this way. In the case of BoS and Redhawke's Jawa Shop, I found that the problem between the two was conflicting OnEnter's, which I never would have found (or at least not as quickly) if they were buried in the .mod. In that case, all I had to do was rename a file and change the OnEnter to find the new filename and both mods worked. :twocents:

TimBob12
10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Alright, I made my script, but I have 3 questions:
1.) Where do I put my X and Y Orientations?
2.) How do I add more people to this script, and also a placeable?
3.) How do I make this script work ingame?

I don't get what you mean by X and Y orientations

The three numbers you get when using the 'whereami' cheat should be entered in the brackets after 'Vector'.

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(#1,#2,#3), 0.0));

There is no way to get a number from the game about orientation so you just have to play around. The orientation goes immediately after the three numbers where the '0.0' is.

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(22.99,23.79,59.10), Orientation));

(This is the same for placeables by the way) to add more people just repeat the code but change "kor_czex1" to the tag of your other utc file.

To create a placeable replace 'OBJECT_TYPE CREATURE' with 'OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE' and make "kor_czex1" the tag of your utp file.

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(22.99,23.79,59.10), 0.0));

OK, now comes the mini tutorial, getting it working in game. First you have to extract the original on_enter script for the area (should be a .ncs file) and rename it so it has 'old_' at the begining.

You already have most of your script done just make sure that before the final curly bracket you have:

ExecuteScript("old_old script name", OBJECT_SELF);

This means that the old code will still be run even with your new code running.

Then save your script BUT MAKE SURE THAT WHEN YOU SAVE IT THE EXTENSION IS .NSS AND THAT IT IS THE SAME NAME AS THE ORIGINAL ON_ENTER SCRIPT BEFORE YOU RENAMED IT OR THIS WILL NOT WORK!!!!!
(This cannot be stressed enough ;) )

Then you have to open up KOTOR Tool and open up the text edior from the menu at the top.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4638/tut1z.png

Then with the text editor open up your .nss file. (This is just an on_enter script I made for a mod i am making and it is for the Tatooine Cantina)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4328/tut2z.png

This next step is very important. Go to the script menu at the top and click on 'Script is for KOTOR 1'.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9909/tut3r.png

Now go to file, save and just overite the original file. (If you do this now then it doesn't make it more confusing later on.

Then go to the script menu again and click on 'Compile'

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4026/tut4z.png

If all went well and there were no errors then this should pop up:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/668/tut5fc.png

If not it will state the error and the line. Usually errors are quite easy to fix like you missed out a semi colon. If you get stuck you can post here or ask me :D .

Then if you look in the folder you saved the .nss , there should now be a .NCS file. This is your compiled script and the file that the game can read.

Now you need to place your new compiled script and your old renamed one in your Overide directory and you are DONE!. Phew. My longest post yet.

If you have any problems just post them and i will do my best to answer them :)

TimBob12

LDR
10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks man. I'll work on the script later. A little busy with homework over here. lol

Qui-Gon Glenn
10-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't get what you mean by X and Y orientations?
IIRC, I believe that they are now given as output from the whereami armband, functionality added by glovemaster.

Nice little tut tho!

LDR
10-29-2010, 05:10 PM
void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(22.99,23.79,59.10), 00.28));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex2", Location(Vector(40.78,00.68,59.22), 00.23));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex3", Location(Vector(32.08,-40.12,59.16), 00.12));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_cmer", Location(Vector(18.13,11.03,58.94), 00.97));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff1", Location(Vector(10.20,-20.08,63.71), -00.61));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff2", Location(Vector(10.24,08.61,63.71), -00.70));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff3", Location(Vector(10.96,10.71,63.71), 00.99));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff4", Location(Vector(10.96,10.71,63.71), 00.99));

ExecuteScript("k33b_openacademy", OBJECT_SELF);
}

I made the script but the compiler keeps aborting it. I have no idea what the error is.

newbiemodder
10-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not a scipter, so assuming your script is logically right. I think your a missing som }'s

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(22.99,23.79,59.10), 00.28));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex2", Location(Vector(40.78,00.68,59.22), 00.23));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex3", Location(Vector(32.08,-40.12,59.16), 00.12));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_cmer", Location(Vector(18.13,11.03,58.94), 00.97));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff1", Location(Vector(10.20,-20.08,63.71), -00.61));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff2", Location(Vector(10.24,08.61,63.71), -00.70));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff3", Location(Vector(10.96,10.71,63.71), 00.99));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff4", Location(Vector(10.96,10.71,63.71), 00.99));

}

}}

Try adding two more....see the yellow

LDR
10-29-2010, 07:35 PM
It still isn't working. This is what the error message is saying: Lookup path root set to: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\
Loaded nescript.nss from C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\override/
Compiling k33b_open academy.nss
k33b_open academy.nss(22): Error: Unexpected end of file
Compilation aborted with errors
Total Execution time = 16 ms
I need help. I used to be able to compile scripts easily, but now I don't know what is happening.

TriggerGod
10-29-2010, 07:58 PM
With my now rudimentary knowledge of coding, I can tell that you are missing a couple end braces

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering))
{
{
}

}
}

Of course I could be completely off, but in my short time of programming, my most common error was forgetting the correct number of end brackets I needed.

LDR
10-29-2010, 08:18 PM
It still isn't working. Is there another way to compile a script?

TimBob12
10-30-2010, 03:32 AM
I just compiled the script that Trigger God posted with no problems what so ever. Ive uploaded the .ncs to filefront.

http://www.filefront.com/17451321/[name this as the original on enter script].ncs

don't forget to name them correctly otherwise they won't run

LDR
10-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Thanks. My computer must hate me. lol Actually it was because there was a space instead of a _ , which I just noticed now.

LDR
10-30-2010, 09:27 PM
I made my script but when I enter the module a second time, they spawn AGAIN, putting two instead of 1. When I warp there again, there will be three there where there should be one. I think it's looping. Somebody help?

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (oEntering==oPC)
{
{
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff1", Location(Vector(10.47,8.82,63.72), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff2", Location(Vector(10.48,-2.28,63.72), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff3", Location(Vector(32.62,0.65,59.14), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff4", Location(Vector(32.65,6.00,59.14), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_sgrd1", Location(Vector(40.57,8.33,59.11), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_sgrd2", Location(Vector(40.92,4.77,59.11), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_cmer", Location(Vector(20.46,12.05,58.94), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(19.21,6.88,58.97), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex2", Location(Vector(22.99,24.14,59.11), 0.00));
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex3", Location(Vector(41.07,0.63,59.32), 0.00));
}

//ExecuteScript("k33b_openacademy", OBJECT_SELF);
}
}

logan23
10-30-2010, 09:41 PM
you have to do a checkon one of the newly spawned npcs, so if this one npc is present, do not fire......if the npc is not present then the script will spawn them

void main() {
if ((GetEnteringObject() == GetFirstPC())){

if( GetObjectByTag( "pl1" ) == OBJECT_INVALID )

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "pl1", Location(Vector(12.236,4.148,0.856), 0.92));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "pl2", Location(Vector(-39.104,16.36,9.345), 0.07));

}
}

LDR
10-31-2010, 12:31 PM
void main() {

if( GetObjectByTag( "p1" ) == OBJECT_INVALID )

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff1", Location(Vector(10.47,8.82,63.72), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff2", Location(Vector(10.48,-2.28,63.72), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff3", Location(Vector(32.62,0.65,59.14), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_coff4", Location(Vector(32.65,6.00,59.14), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_sgrd1", Location(Vector(40.57,8.33,59.11), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_sgrd2", Location(Vector(40.92,4.77,59.11), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_cmer", Location(Vector(20.46,12.05,58.94), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex1", Location(Vector(19.21,6.88,58.97), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex2", Location(Vector(22.99,24.14,59.11), 0.00));

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "kor_czex3", Location(Vector(41.07,0.63,59.32), 0.00));

}
}

Logan, I made the script you mentioned above, but they're still looping.

logan23
10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Here you go

void main() {

if( GetObjectByTag( "kor_coff1" ) == OBJECT_INVALID )
{

}
}
}

LDR
11-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello everybody! Sorry for the lack of updates as I'm taking a break from my Korriban Restoration. To make up for that, I just released a new mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/LordDeathRays_KOTOR_Improvement_Mod_LKIM;117596 . This is a private project I made which I WILL update eventually.

Jaevyn
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I have to hand it to you, a new ship that is more interactable than the "Ebon Hawk", a "Prison Ship" mod and then "Katarr" (I toyed with the idea for a while myself). All of these are excellent ideas and have alot of promise.

LDR
11-30-2010, 07:24 PM
What can I say? I'm a young man with an open mind! lol

LDR
12-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Hey everybody! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I sure did! Now, I apparently fail at OnEnter script, so I'm going to start up my prison ship mod again. I can imagine all the happy faces, such as yours, Holty. Now, I have something to show you all.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=7582

Thanks to Dak for making me the skin. All I'll tell you about this guy is that he is a major character in one of the side quests.

Dak Drexl
12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Awesome LDR it's looking pretty good. If you want any other character skins let me know! Always happy to help out. Looking forward to you finally finishing the prison ship... do you have to start all over again?

LDR
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Awesome LDR it's looking pretty good. If you want any other character skins let me know! Always happy to help out. Looking forward to you finally finishing the prison ship... do you have to start all over again?

Most of it, if not all of it. I wrote down all the coordinates on a piece of paper, but I think I lost it. Also, it was written in pen, so some of the coordinates were scribbled off after I used them. If all else fails, I could just stare at the videos and remake the coordinates by hand.

Holty1-5
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello everybody! Sorry for the lack of updates as I'm taking a break from my Korriban Restoration. To make up for that, I just released a new mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/LordDeathRays_KOTOR_Improvement_Mod_LKIM;117596 . This is a private project I made which I WILL update eventually.

Looks Good had similar ideas myself months ago but never actually got round to it.

so I'm going to start up my prison ship mod again. I can imagine all the happy faces, such as yours, Holty.

Me? don't even have Kotor Installed. it would make a mighty big temptation for me to re-install... and a even bigger one to make me mod again (By Temptation i mean Money xD)

Have Fun LDR don't let It drive you Insane... That why i live in this white room

"Crazy Laugh"

.:Lord Revan:.
12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Looking forward to the mods LDR.

LDR
12-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Hey guys! One of my mods just got onto KFiles: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Improved_Dark_Jedi;117939 This is the last of the 'filler' mods I made, so no more mods without you guys knowing. :D I'm actively working on LKIM 2.0., but progress has been slow. 2da isn't being very cooperative...

12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Nice mod *pats LDR on the back* keep up the nice work.

LDR
01-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok guys, I have some good news and bad news.

Good News: LKIM 2.0 is almost done. I will not show anyone pics because I don't want to spoil anybody of the mod.

Bad News: I'm having trouble with .2da, and I need a way to make it compatible with Silveredge9's BOS:SR mod. Also, one I get that over with, I'll have TSLPatcher to worry about...

EDIT: I copied Silveredge's appearance.2da file and added my 2da entries after his. Will this work, or no? And do I need his permission?

EDIT: EDIT: I got the 2da working, but I still need Silveredge's permission for me using his 2da.

Canderis
01-08-2011, 03:27 PM
This is what the tslpatcher is for, ldr.

LDR
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah, that's what TSLPatcher is for... then how come Yavin IV and BOS:SR aren't compatible? Yavin IV uses TSLPatcher, doesn't it? http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;93497

Canderis
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
You'd need to install yavin first mesa thinks. It is a whole lot of work to get 2da's compatible.

LDR
01-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Hello everybody! This thread collecting dust again? *cough* Anyways, I'm pleased to say that LKIM 2.0 is nearly complete! I just have a few more tweaks and little things to put into this. Now, I made a few things that will be in the mod:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=7789
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=7790
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=7791
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=7792

I'm taking custom item requests. Those four, I made off of the top of my head. If anyone has a custom item they want featured in the mod, or if they want me to make a custom item, please, feel free to post what you want.

NOTE: I CANNOT model, so I won't model any weapons.

Also, I 'lost' my 2da, there won't be custom 2da characters anymore. I'm not going through that 2da sh*t again. Sorry. But don't be sad, the 2das weren't all that great anyway.

03-15-2011, 05:07 PM
^Amazing, can't wait for it.

Vun0
03-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Very nice, looking forward to it :)

Phildevil
03-17-2011, 11:14 PM
I can't see any of your screenshots. That normal?

LDR
07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
I have finally gotten off my lazy butt and started modding again. Slowly and surely, I rebuilt my prison ship mod, piece by piece. Now I'm at where I left off at, and I'm willing to share some screenies with you all:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8312
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8313
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8314
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8315
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8316
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8317
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8318
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8320

For those of you who love stats:

Main Level: 95%
Cellblock: 60%
Crew Deck: 15%

harIII
07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
wow, that ship looks incredible, can't wait till i see the entire thing reskinned.

Warlord664
07-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Good job LDR! The ship looks great!

LDR
07-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm in the middle of my vacation and never got around to warn you guys. I'm currently in Florida, but I was in Myrtle Beach all of last week. Once I get back, however, I promise for a boatload of screenshots just like last time!

And if you're looking for something to do, I created a Casting Call for an RP that I'm going to create. If you're interested in joining, CLICK ME! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2785923#post2785923)

Oh yeah, I'm also going to be looking for voice actors soon, but not all of the dialogs are complete. Here are the characters so far of notable interest:

Warden Xurin
Guard Captain V'stoka Ghurl
Guard Captain Hirdon C'hal
Generic Prison Guards
Medical Droid
Iridorian Prisoner
Twi'lek Merchant Kahbak

Once the mod is nearly complete, I will have the full list.

Canderis
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I can voice anyone with a helmet very well. I learned that while assisting harIII

CptPriceless
07-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Will this be compatible with BOS?
Will Yavin IV be patched to be compatible with BOS?
Am I extremely eager to try these mods? (yes.)

Great job also.

LDR
07-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm going to try very hard to make these mods compatible with BOS:SR. And my Yavin IV mod will be unlike the other Yavin IV mod that was made by someone else, so it will probably be compatible too. And thanks for the support, much appreciated.

daftshadow
09-19-2011, 02:51 PM

I know your LKIM2.0 is still WIP but in the meantime I would like download and install your LKIM1.0. The download link directs to a "Page not found" on Gamefront. Searching on Gamefront cannot locate the mod either. Is there another location where I can download it?

CptPriceless
09-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I know your LKIM2.0 is still WIP but in the meantime I would like download and install your LKIM1.0. The download link directs to a "Page not found" on Gamefront. Searching on Gamefront cannot locate the mod either. Is there another location where I can download it?

Filefront's been having sporadic problems recently; download links have been crashing. Just hang tight and be patient :)

daftshadow
09-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Filefront's been having sporadic problems recently; download links have been crashing. Just hang tight and be patient :)

Ah, ok thanks :thmbup1:

LDR
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks to Darth Snard I finally got TSL working! You guys have no idea how excited I am! Expect updates very soon! But first, I must play NBM's Korriban Expansion and Jaevyn's Cathalan mod!

LDR
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Alrighty, now I finished my two mod playthroughs as well as a full TSL non-speed playthrough, in order to refresh my memory of TSL lore. I have screenies for you guys!

A skin for my Big Skin Pack.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8600

Close-up:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8601

A little something from my Recruit Balak Mod:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8602

Now, I finally conjured a way to balance out my Xbox Time, Modding Time, and Real Life Time. On my free days, I will alternate from the Xbox to modding on a daily basis. However, there will be those times when either I'm hanging out with friends, or busy, so keep that in mind. Now, this is the "true" start of my WIPs, as there should be no more major interruptions. "If" there are, I shall keep you guys informed, and I'm very sorry that my WIPs progress had been so slow in the past. I really am.

Cheerio!

Ferc Kast
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Saul's outfit definitely looks more Sithy (if such a word exists.) :) Glad to hear that you got TSL working.

Marius Fett
10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I like the new grey look you've given Saul, though I do have one or two issues with it:

#1: The green eyes are FAR too bright in my opinion, they don't look at all natural.

#2: The 'badge' on his chest seems very brightly coloured too, almost like there are little LED's in it. ^_^ I'd consider making them less bright, personally.

Aside from that, looking good!

LDR
10-22-2011, 01:35 AM
I am a target, a target of the Veridan. Now that I am allied with you, you are going to be hunted by them. These words are said by Balak, shortly after you recruit him. It means that, obviously, you are going to be attacked by Veridan Assassins. I will not reveal any details on why he was hunted by them, or what they are, but the latter should be pretty obvious in these next few screenies.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8604
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8605
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8606
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8607

(Psst! If anyone has any requests or ideas on where to place more assassins, please let me know!)

Notice how they keep their identities concealed with their headgear? (They are not GenoHaradan.)

I also have an improved Saul skin.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8608 For some reason, my graphics card went all ka-blooey on this screenie. (Jagged-step)
I darkened the ribbons (LED lights :xp:), and changed his eye color from emerald green, to icy blue. I'm going to be playing around with the eye colors for a while, so don't expect that to be the final skin.

G'nite!

Fallen Guardian
10-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Looks good LDR, although if their headgear is supposed to conceal their identity you might want to change the guy's headgear in the first screenshot. (I believe he is using the Jorran head model)

jonathan7
10-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Eyes, still don't look quite right, I'd suggest using google and real eyes to make them look better and shrink them down. Alternatively feel free to use this which I just wipped up for you as an experiment. It combies a real eye with a sith eye to try and create an unsettling evil effect.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=8609

Link to album; http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=8609

LDR
10-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Alrighty then. Cheerio to j7 for these epic irises for Saul!
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8610

Looks good LDR, although if their headgear is supposed to conceal their identity you might want to change the guy's headgear in the first screenshot. (I believe he is using the Jorran head model)
He IS using the Jorran model, and I just re-edited all their utcs. The only headgear they wear now are Das'skar Hunting Masks, Consciousness Helms, and Stabilizer Masks. I don't have any screenies of them, as I generally don't like re-taking pictures of utcs (besides skins of course).

Canderis
10-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Id shrink his eyes down a bit more. they still look a tad but unnatural. Also if you don't want to lose the detail of the eye, scale the whole texture up then re-size the eyes accordingly.

LDR
10-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Alright. I re-sized the Saul texture and added the eyes onto it. It doesn't generally look like anything changed in the texture while in-game, so here's a picture of a portion of the texture.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8611

logan23
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Looking good!

Keep up the great job!

Zhaboka
10-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I like the incorporation of the irises! The word is viridian, by the way, not veridian, although there are a few companies with the incorrect spelling in their names out there. :p

LDR
10-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I like the incorporation of the irises! The word is viridian, by the way, not veridian, although there are a few companies with the incorrect spelling in their names out there. :p

Ok, Zhaboka. Let me make this clear.

They aren't called Veridian.
They aren't even called Viridian!
Wanna know what they're called? Veridan. :xp:

I have two more screenshots for my Big Skin Pack.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8618Thought of giving him a black ops group sort-of feel. Black suit with red trim!
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8619Who doesn't love an Onyx colored assassin droid? :xp:

Marius Fett
10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
That looks an aaaaawful lot like Carth's Infiltrator Suit by T7nowhere!

Nice black HK skin!

Zhaboka
10-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Ok, Zhaboka. Let me make this clear.

They aren't called Veridian.
They aren't even called Viridian!
Wanna know what they're called? Veridan. :xp:

HAHAHA clearly I have fallen victim to a phenomena known as User Stupidity... I will read more carefully next time. :thmbup1:

LDR
10-23-2011, 03:57 PM
That looks an aaaaawful lot like Carth's Infiltrator Suit by T7nowhere!

You are correct. I did use his skin as a basis for my skin. However, I sought for permission, which is why I sent him a PM detailing such.

Anyways, added red to the shoulders and made the suit less black, more gray.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8620

Republic logo on shoulders. :xp:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8621

Master Uthar skin for big skin pack.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8319

Warlord664
10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
really like that carth suit LRD! Keep up the good work!

Sith Holocron
10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I think I prefer your original Carth Jacket without the red shoulders. Any chance I could see see the Republic logo on the shoulder without the red underneath it? At least for comparison's sake?

I think the red tattoos are clashing with Uthar's blue Chiss skin bit too much. What I'd love would be if you could do something about Uthar's low res uniform. Those ribbon bars on his left side (our right side), for example.

LDR
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Just for you SH:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=8622
Gonna make a poll now... hehe.

Warlord664
10-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I think it looks better with the red on his shoulderpads but thats just me.

Capibara
10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Imo, the republic logo is unnecesary (a bit overkill), but if you wanna keep it, maybe reduce its size a little and work some more on the edges.

CptPriceless
10-23-2011, 10:36 PM
LDR, the only issue with having the Republic Logo is the fact that the main character is basically embarking on a mission of secrecy. Not only that, but the suit also looks like Carth's infiltrator suit... The huge logo that is embedded on the outfit kind of ruins the point of secrecy and infiltration... But aside from that the skinning still looks good :) Keep it up!

Sith Holocron
10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
IMO, the republic logo is unnecessary (a bit overkill), but if you wanna keep it, maybe reduce its size a little and work some more on the edges.

I agree with all of this statement. There's no reason why you couldn't have both jackets available and have the red shoulder denote a lower rank on some other NPC . . .

Phildevil
10-23-2011, 11:05 PM
How about a republic logo much more subtle? More pale and kind of integrated with the clothes?

LDR
10-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Um, this is going to be on hiatus for a bit, as I'm heading on vacation.

Also, I'm deciding to release the red-shouldered jacket instead, as the one without it looks too much like Carth's Infiltrator Suit.

10-31-2011, 01:51 PM
That skin pack is going to be awsome :thumbsup:

Quanon
10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Some very nice skins you got there :)
Though, I don't mind the logo of the republic on the shoulder being there, it looks a bit to glued/ tacked on top. Plus it looks a little pixelated compared to the rest of the skin.

I'dd try and fix that a bit. Just my 2cents: other then that I really love these skins. I've seen other "black" skins that fall flat or are suffering from to much contrast. Doing black skins is a tricky and difficult affair.

Hat off to your skills sir :)

LDR
11-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Hello everyone. The WIP isn't very active right now due to having to reinstall EVERYTHING to my computer because of the harddrive failing. I saved my mods onto a USB (yay!). It's taking a while to redownload the modding tools, recreate some of my typed documents, all my music folders, some of my background banners I made, and I also have to do a three page report on the Civil War for History class.

I am very sorry for always going away from my thread, coming back to say sorry and with a few updates, only to leave again. I could see that your faiths in my mods are diminished, so I don't blame any of you if you think my mods will never be finished and think I'm a man of empty promises. This is truly how I see myself, and I am not able to keep up with my work like some other modders. I lose concentration sometimes, and other activities take hold of me. *sigh*

More screenies will be made next week, after Thanksgiving vacation.

UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 07:09 AM
I hope its going well, what happened to your cruiser/ship mods

LDR
01-07-2012, 01:40 AM
I was supposed to have an update ready for New Year's, but I'm lagging behind.

Anyways, I have worse news. There are problems arising in my family. If they keep getting worse and reach its climax, I'll probably fall into depression and be unable to bring myself mod ever again. I already cried my eyes about it earlier today and I don't want to talk about the specifics on what's happening. In fact, the only person on here that knows about it is Trench - whom I'm talking to about it on facebook right now.

I am deeply sorry, but RL is just... bad.

Fallen Guardian
01-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Damn that sucks LDR. I hope you can make it through, we're here for you.

Zhaboka
01-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, LDR. Please know your Internet community loves you even if your family doesn't.

mr_dad
01-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm very sorry to here about this. I'll be praying for you LDR.

Warlord664
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Im sorry to hear that. I really hope things get better over there LDR.

LDR
04-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Now that I achievement hunted Mass Effect 3 (got all of the achievements on the xbox), I can now focus my full, undivided attention onto my mods. Unfortunately, I had to restart all my mods yesterday, but I'm working at a pace similar to the quick pace I had when I first started the mod. I'm already nearly done with the first module! And since it's Easter Vacation, I have even more free days. Also, I'm now working on one mod at a time, instead of rotating them.

I am angry that I didn't start this back up earlier, especially with the monstrosity of the ME3 Ending. The odds of me losing my stuff again is slim to none. And even then, I have a USB that I'll keep updating every few hours. Also, I am happy with the sheer patience of you guys! You have no idea how it feels when I keep falling short, you guys are always there helping me back up.

I can't post screens as of now, because nothing new is really happening. I will, however, in the future.

(This will update in the first post of the thread.)
Progress:
Main Level: 60%
Cellblock: 10%
Crew Deck: 3%
Quests/Journal Entries: 5%
Skins: 33%
Voice Overs: 0%
Doors/Placeables/Items: 20%

And you guys deserve better. So I'm offering a beta for ten people. The first ten people who ask, will receive periodic updates of all of my mods and get a full beta of each of them.

Warlord664
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
It's nice to see your starting back up LDR. I would love to beta test for you but I don't think I would have the time. Most of my free time is being used up by other things. I will be looking forward to more updates. :thmbup1:

milestails
04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
LDR,

What happened to LKIM 2.0?

LDR
04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
LDR,

What happened to LKIM 2.0?

It's not dead. I will start working on it - once I finish my prison ship mod.

And I have an update. One picture.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9053
Mwuhahaha! The High-Security Cell and Confiscated Items are locked! And you can't use security! And now you must scour the Palavin for these two keycards! :D

I'm back to where I left off, before my computer crashed twice. Actually, I'm a bit farther, as almost every room is complete in the Cellblock. I'm going to take a break, and I'm going to start a K1 Playthrough so that the stuff I have are legit (or whatever). And since I have a USB that I update every hour, I shall lose nothing if my computer has it's *period* again.

And I need beta testers! I requested 3 people, so 7 slots are forever open! C'mon, I thought this offer was juicy!

Cheerio.

milestails
04-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Cool, thanks. I've had the 1.0 version installed on every playthrough since it came out. I really enjoy the content it brings/changes.

LDR
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Okay, I got some screenies for you all. Sorry, I was just busy with numerous things, including summer reading (For Honors). Gotta say, 1984 is a hell of a book.

I fixed the force fields in the first hall. Remember how they were all blurry/shaky?
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9180

I spent a good hour placing food on all four tables, and two drinks per table. Just for the sake of realism. I thank the K1RP Beta, because in the Black Vulkar Base, the tables have food and/or drinks on some of the tables, which gave me the idea. I also opened the module up in order to find the necessary Z Positions (so that the food/drinks would be ON the tables).
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9181

The control panel that is able to open up the cells.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9182

Both the Guard Captain's Office and High-Security Cell have these doors instead of the generic doors.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9183

And I also have a...dilemma, with my one mod. (Battle of Dxun)

Now, I'm trying to block off the Tomb of Freedon Nadd using an invisible placeable (instead of placing debris everywhere or whatnot). So, I erased the Tomb from the map, but for the sake of this, I hastily redrew it in Paint. The invisible placeable I drew in pink.

Now, this is how it should be:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9184

This is what happened:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9185

This map isn't available in the Module Editor, and God knows what happened to Fred Tetra. So, the question is, how do I turn it?

Fallen Guardian
06-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Sometimes the bearing entries just tilt like that, it'd be better to spawn the placeable in the module onenter script because that way it's orientation is set by angle, and I have yet to see that mess up. Nice screenies by the way. :D

Warlord664
06-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Hmm, that kinda looks like Varik from a certent rp :p Nice screen shots.

Darth InSidious
06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Some come out at odd angles, as FG says. Normally, I add or subtract 90 degrees and it works fine. In your case, I'd suggest using increments of about 30-40 degrees. To be honest, the only way to fix issues like this aside from spawning (as FG mentioned) is trial and error.

Fallen Guardian
06-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Hmm, I've neer tried that before DI, seems interesting. Also, instead of spawning or guessing you could find a placeable in the module with the same orientation and use that.

Scorge
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Really like the updates; keep it up! :)

Zhaboka
06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Those prison guards are intimidating! Great work, can't wait for this mod.

Holty1-5
07-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Been a long time since i've checked this site but your work seems pretty impressive keep up the good work.

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
08-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Are these still going on? Im very interested in a lot of your ideas. Perhaps your still in need of some voice actors?

LDR
08-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Are these still going on? Im very interested in a lot of your ideas. Perhaps your still in need of some voice actors?

Voice Actors are appreciated :) I already enslaved...err...indentured...err recruited Zhaboka. I could always use more.

Right now I'm placing Mandalorians in the first Battle of Dxum module.

And I have a problem. I want to make them stealthy, so I gave them the Personal Cloaking Shield Feat. Unfortunately, they were permanently invisible...even when killed. Looting sucked.

So I removed the feat, and I replaced the Mandalorian scripts with Sith Assassin scripts. Same problem...

Anyone ever toy with stealth enemies? I need help, again. :xp:

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
:p Well I have 3 great male voice actors ready when you are. Males (17-21).
Also...im a bit of a voice actor myself when the time calls for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DaiE-nwt4Q

I can offer my skills in creating sith/jedi robes as well(Designing, and of course you can do what you wish stat and description wise).

Christos K
08-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Voice Actors are appreciated :) I already enslaved...err...indentured...err recruited Zhaboka. I could always use more.

And I have a problem. I want to make them stealthy, so I gave them the Personal Cloaking Shield Feat. Unfortunately, they were permanantly invisible...even when killed. Looting sucked.

So I removed the feat, and I replaced the Mandalorian scripts with Sith Assassin scripts. Same problem...

Anyone ever toy with stealth enemies? I need help, again. :xp:

There is a scene (and I'd assume a script comes with it) in TSL where one Mandalorian (I think its Taegrin/Bralor or one of the mandos from the Battle Cirlce) kills two Sith Assassins and then decloaks during the scene where they attack the camp. You could try using that.

Also there are the Mandalorians right outside the camp guarding the entrance and they use stealth any time an NPC enemy comes along, canoks and all what not.

Kyr'am Galaar
08-09-2012, 07:51 AM

You're at least going to spell Dxun correctly in the game, right? Right...? :stick:

LDR
08-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Screenies! Rejoice! :emodanc:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9236

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9231

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9232

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9235

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9234

My very first module reskin. All I have to do is hex-edit it, which I will do later. How did I do?

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Not bad man, didn't even realize it was a tattoinne re skin till I saw the last pick.

Christos K
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM
If I might add a suggestion, including a reskin of the skybox would fit nicely I think.

The skybox looks very low resolution compared to what you did with the module.

CptPriceless
08-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I feel a sudden nostalgia for BOS after seeing those screenies. >.< Nice job.

bendarby24
08-10-2012, 03:28 PM
^same thoughts

LDR
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm going to be in Las Vegas for the whole week.

Mods will be in hiatus until then.

Kyr'am Galaar
08-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Not bad man, didn't even realize it was a tattoinne re skin till I saw the last pick.

Clearly you have not played KotOR anywhere near the amount of times most of us have. For example, I've played it so many times I've just about memorized the dialogue! :xp:

TWINKEYRUNAWAY, I am disappoint. o_Q

^Thirded.

Love(HAHA-no...),
:sign2: ~KG~ :devsmoke:

TWINKEYRUNAWAY
08-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Ah well what can I say, the atmosphere got me. I think I am disappointed in myself for not realizing it, though LDR should take this as a compliment. He did such a good job restructuring the textures, it made me think it was something completely new.

LDR
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Ah well what can I say, the atmosphere got me. I think I am disappointed in myself for not realizing it, though LDR should take this as a compliment. He did such a good job restructuring the textures, it made me think it was something completely new.

You are far too kind, but thank you. :D It makes my ego glow happily.

If I might add a suggestion, including a reskin of the skybox would fit nicely I think.

The skybox looks very low resolution compared to what you did with the module.

Well, it is the same Korriban skybox used in the vanilla modules. I already got a man working on the skybox as we speak.

^same thoughts

^Thirded.

It was the only module that would really worked in the mod, I swear. :lol:

Clearly you have not played KotOR anywhere near the amount of times most of us have. For example, I've played it so many times I've just about memorized the dialogue! :xp:

TWINKEYRUNAWAY, I am disappoint. o_Q

Give the guy a break, will ya? I need all of this Godly Worship! Stop jinxing me! :carms:

Anyways, rest assured I'm going to be working very hard on my mods before school starts. I just got back from Vegas yesterday, and I still need to catch my breath.

LDR
12-31-2012, 01:54 AM
Guess who's back?!

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9394
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9400
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9398
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9395
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9396
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9397
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9399

bendarby24
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Good to have you back and nice work, now hurry up with the next update ;)

Zhaboka
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Nice screenies! I challenge you to do a massive reskin/object replacement of that module so it looks like this instead of Kashyyyk:

http://media.desura.com/images/mods/1/15/14915/Yavin.png

Then again, I don't even know if that's even remotely possible since I don't mod, so...

Fair Strides 2
01-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Nice screenies! I challenge you to do a massive reskin/object replacement of that module so it looks like this instead of Kashyyyk:

http://media.desura.com/images/mods/1/15/14915/Yavin.png

Then again, I don't even know if that's even remotely possible since I don't mod, so...

o_O The temple might not be possible without UBER game lag, but I'd like to see the rest...

Fallen Guardian
01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
That would seem possible, I mean SithSpecter's Jedi Temple was massive and didn't lag so I wouldn't see much lag involved with a Kashyyyk-to-Yavin overhaul. However, the hard part still remains as modeling/editing the existing area and getting it back in game.

Sithspecter
01-01-2013, 05:06 PM
The game lagging would not be caused by the size of the object, but rather by the polygon/face count on it. For instance, if everybody in your party was toting around 100,000+ face lightsabers in both hands, the game would probably lag. However, if you have a behemoth 120 face temple, the game will certainly not lag.

LDR
01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Since how I know how much you guys love items. And screenies.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9412

A shout out to 90SK for letting me use his Mandalorian Heavy Armor Skin and SithSpecter for helping me out with some texture issues I was having with the sword.

I'm looking for someone that is REALLY good with skinning. If you would like to take the position, send me a PM.

Warlord664
01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Nice screen shot. I can't really get a good look at that blade but it looks cool from what I can see.

LDR
01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks to logan for giving me the basics on alpha channels! Oh, and I changed the grass.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9413
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9414

It's far from perfect, but it's a start. I still have to find a way to brighten up the module, get rid of those lights in the sky, get rid of the vines (imperative), get rid of the fog on the ground, and there are some collision issues (thankfully most of them are going to be area transitions). And then I have to figure out what the skybox is (after all, Master Zionosis and MotOR were able to change the skybox in the Upper Shadowlands module of their Yavin IV mod).

Oh, and you guys are just going to love this.
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9415

Darth InSidious
01-07-2013, 08:27 AM
As I recall, the vines are placeables.

Dak Drexl
01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
As I recall, the vines are placeables.

Yup that's right. It's something like "plc_danglyvine". Don't remember exactly.

The grass change really makes a nice difference though LDR.

LDR
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry for taking a bit. I've just been swamped with Spanish, Spanish, and more Spanish - the most worthless subject in all of school. Especially if the teacher wants Spanish to be your life. -_-

I've got a little update. This time, a Czerka camp:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9416
I'm still trying to figure out how to enable screenshots DURING conversations.

And I'm trying to see if Quanon can procure his Yavin IV modules so I can has them. :D

How do I get rid of those cursed lights in the sky?

LDR
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9418
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9419
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9421
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=637&pictureid=9420

Thank the glorious heavens for a break from school.

I'd like to thank Sithspecter for helping me out with waypoints. While I'm on the subject of thanking, I'd also like to thank Quanon for letting me use his Yavin modules (if I could ever turn them into modules anyways).

I fixed the collision issue - as you can clearly see in the first screen. I'll probably turn it into an area transition of the Quanon module that leads you to the tombs and whatnot.

Does anyone happen to know how to give characters animations? (a guy typing into a computer, for example).

Oh, and the vines are gone.

Dak Drexl
01-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Looking good!

Quanon
01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Nice work LDR! You made quiet some progress on this mod ^_^
Had any luck using my Yavin models yet?

LDR
01-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Nope, I don't know which models go to which module. Or which textures go to Yavin. :lol:

I can't even open the files in gmax.

Sith Holocron
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
LDR, will there be new take-off and landing BIK movies for your Yavin mod?

Quanon
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Nope, I don't know which models go to which module. Or which textures go to Yavin. :lol:

I can't even open the files in gmax.

Ah... yes, well the models are 3Ds Max files.
Mmm; let me have a peek at those, they are rather old models.
I couldn't remember if they were ready for use. :lol:

EDIT: Good news! After some searching on my harddrive I found some more zips files about Yavin. With these it should all work in the game from the start. No messing about to create .mod files and such. I just need to install it myself first. Seems I did some updates on the models, though I'm not sure what to 'install' first :lol: I'm a messy modder x-D

battle111
01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Screenies! Rejoice! :emodanc:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9236

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9231

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9232

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9235

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=627&pictureid=9234

My very first module reskin. All I have to do is hex-edit it, which I will do later. How did I do?

WOW !! korriban dessert nice module !! l'm looking forward in trying your mod

LDR
01-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Ah... yes, well the models are 3Ds Max files.
Mmm; let me have a peek at those, they are rather old models.
I couldn't remember if they were ready for use. :lol:

EDIT: Good news! After some searching on my harddrive I found some more zips files about Yavin. With these it should all work in the game from the start. No messing about to create .mod files and such. I just need to install it myself first. Seems I did some updates on the models, though I'm not sure what to 'install' first :lol: I'm a messy modder x-D

Quanon, you are a life saver!

WOW !! korriban dessert nice module !! l'm looking forward in trying your mod

Heh, thanks. I spent a good hour sifting through rock textures until I found the ones that looked right.

Anyways, if any of you didn't know from Dak's WIPs, I found some of the old stuff for his Recruit Dak mod while going through old emails. So I've started it back up until he can get a real computer. I'm only populating the areas though - and doing the backstory for the Sith Battleship quest. I'm putting a lot of placeholders around because I don't have their files or custom items. Except for Blix. I'll leave the rest of the stuff to him - it IS his mod after all (I was only supposed to do the Republic station, haha.). So if I ever have any updates, I'll post them in his WIP thread.

01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Waaassssuuuuppp!! Havn't been on in a while and i come back to see some awesome stuff!! Looks amazing LDR :thumbsup:

LDR
05-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates; I joined the high school tennis team, so my schedule had been occupied for the past two months. And now that we made it to districts, everything is winding down. I could focus more on my mods now.

For Yavin, I finally got rid of the lights in the sky. Eventually, I'll figure out how to put a skybox in there.

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/5254/nobeams.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/nobeams.png/)

Here's some stuff for the Republic Station.

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/6452/meetingp.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/meetingp.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/8638/accesspanel.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/accesspanel.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/5505/soldierw.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/soldierw.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/3012/trainingroom.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/trainingroom.png/)

And finally, I've been working on Korriban.

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/521/kawin.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/kawin.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/1950/merchant.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/merchant.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/1772/tariga.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/tariga.png/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/25/lostmodule.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/lostmodule.png/)

Ehhh... close enough. :p
http://imageshack.us/a/img713/9104/closeenoughr.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/closeenoughr.png/)

May the 4th be with you all! :D

Dehno101
05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
You should definitely leave that door like that when you release this.
Great job!

supreme kotor
05-04-2013, 03:37 PM
I do like what I'm seeing and I'm glad to know your still working on this. Definitely a mod I'm looking forward to.

Nice-Supreme Kotor

LDR
05-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Here's some screenies of another project.

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/552/startingpoint.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/startingpoint.png/)
http://imageshack.us/a/img94/2696/intersection.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/intersection.png/)
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/1981/hallwaye.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/hallwaye.png/)
http://imageshack.us/a/img707/82/starboard.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/starboard.png/)
http://imageshack.us/a/img11/9360/turne.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/turne.png/)[/URL]

supreme kotor
05-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Looks amazing... But what is it?

-Supreme Kotor

logan23
05-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Great Reskin!

Canderis
05-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Dude, amazing. You've come a long way as a modder. I would fix the floor though, seems out of place, but other than that it is perfect!

Zhaboka
05-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Wow! Those NPC placements from the previous update are awesome. And great reskin! Really changes the whole feel.

LDR
05-12-2013, 02:48 AM
You should definitely leave that door like that when you release this.
Great job!

Absolutely! Not.

I do like what I'm seeing and I'm glad to know your still working on this. Definitely a mod I'm looking forward to.

Nice-Supreme Kotor

I am eternal. Get used to it.

Awesome job dude.

Thanks bud!

Great Reskin!

Thanks logan!

Dude, amazing. You've come a long way as a modder. I would fix the floor though, seems out of place, but other than that it is perfect!

Wow, thanks Canderis! You don't say that very often! And yeah, the floor was just a placeholder - I have since gotten rid of it.

Wow! Those NPC placements from the previous update are awesome. And great reskin! Really changes the whole feel.

You could be surprised the amount of modding energy one can have after a season of tennis!

Looks amazing... But what is it?

-Supreme Kotor
Does this answer your question? :p
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/1611/tocruiser.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/tocruiser.png/)

Expect more updates soon!

Zhaboka
05-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Oh **** yes! Haha! YES! Oh man, that's awesome. Also, tennis is a legit sport.

Vindikorr
05-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Absolutely! Not.

Does this answer your question? :p
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/1611/tocruiser.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/tocruiser.png/)

Ooh I'm looking forward to this. I've been wondering for a while when someone was going to mod that cruiser. The skin is looking great as well.

LDR
05-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh **** yes! Haha! YES! Oh man, that's awesome. Also, tennis is a legit sport.

Someone's excited. :P

Anyways, more screenies! I reskinned the floor:

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/9210/newfloor.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/newfloor.png/)

And then I took a wild stab with doors:

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/2689/doorv.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/doorv.png/)

And then I met up with some old buddies on Korriban:

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/549/excavationteam.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/excavationteam.png/)

Canderis
05-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Perfect! Stunning! I would touch up the doors a slight bit more. The color on doors look a little too shopped in. Minor detail but since you are getting so good at this it might be worth the effort!

Sith Holocron
05-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I like the new floors better now. A reskinned Manaan floor texture?

Vindikorr
05-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Looks like there's some tiling issues with the floor in the corners but apart from that it's good.

Zhaboka
05-12-2013, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't have noticed those tiling issues if Vindikorr hadn't pointed them out, though, so I feel like it's good enough for the layman's playthrough. If that's even a thing.

Nice work! Very professional-looking.

Phildevil
05-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Impressive stuff you got going on there!

newbiemodder
05-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I like what u are doing here LDR. Nice use of that crashed freighter. Is it too clean though? I would think maybe there would be more damage. Second, lighting. Too bright. You could try 2 different tactics. First, dim the lightmaps for each model, make them a tad darker...or..maybe play with the colors in .are file, the sundiffuselight and I forget the other.

Interesdting idea though. Good luck!

supreme kotor
05-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Snipped from a message Quanon sent me:
If after these fixes don't work, you might have to edit your .are file.
Look for SunAmbientColor and SunDiffuseColor; for both give in this value:

This will create a "sun' that emits white neutrale light.

If you want a more orangy tint you can try this value out:
Or something blue-ish:

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers ~Q

LDR
05-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Perfect! Stunning! I would touch up the doors a slight bit more. The color on doors look a little too shopped in. Minor detail but since you are getting so good at this it might be worth the effort!

I think you mean gimped. I don't use photoshop :p. But yeah, I'm not too pleased with the doors myself.

I like the new floors better now. A reskinned Manaan floor texture?

Nope, just reskinned Endar Spire floors.

Looks like there's some tiling issues with the floor in the corners but apart from that it's good.

Eh, that's how the Endar Spire floors were made. Nothing I could really do about that.

I wouldn't have noticed those tiling issues if Vindikorr hadn't pointed them out, though, so I feel like it's good enough for the layman's playthrough. If that's even a thing.

Nice work! Very professional-looking.

Thanks, I'm a perfectionist. :lol:

Impressive stuff you got going on there!

Thanks bud!

I like what u are doing here LDR. Nice use of that crashed freighter. Is it too clean though? I would think maybe there would be more damage. Second, lighting. Too bright. You could try 2 different tactics. First, dim the lightmaps for each model, make them a tad darker...or..maybe play with the colors in .are file, the sundiffuselight and I forget the other.

Interesdting idea though. Good luck!

I think it's fine the way it is. But I assure you I'm not being snobby about it. I just don't want to spoil the story so I won't go into depth. And I agree, I would love to go for a darker look.

Snipped from a message Quanon sent me:
If after these fixes don't work, you might have to edit your .are file.
Look for SunAmbientColor and SunDiffuseColor; for both give in this value:

This will create a "sun' that emits white neutrale light.

If you want a more orangy tint you can try this value out:
Or something blue-ish:

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers ~Q

Thanks! I'll definitely screw around with that, I'll let you guys know what I find.

---

So... guess who finally hex-edited?! This guy!

http://imageshack.us/a/img521/2825/bridgeg.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/bridgeg.png/)
Yes, a new map too!

And yes, the windows are like that for a reason. Ever heard of window-protectors?

supreme kotor
05-18-2013, 10:43 AM
I love but i see a sumbmarine... i like submarines :)

Zhaboka
05-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Awww, woulda been cool to see Lehon out those windows... is that too impossible?

Regardless, looks awesome.

LDR
05-23-2013, 05:08 PM
I love but i see a sumbmarine... i like submarines :)

Nah, no submarines today. :p

Awww, woulda been cool to see Lehon out those windows... is that too impossible?

Regardless, looks awesome.

Well, even if I was able to stop the skybox from spinning, the space texture is mapped out weird. It's tiled, so you'd be seeing the Lehon beach texture all over the place like a tiled floor. Thanks though!

So, you guys thought this was just going to be two modules? Noooo....

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/9061/sunk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/sunk.png/)

Zhaboka
05-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Mmmmm... the hypothetical plot thickens... looks great! Brilliant use of a module that's already dripping.

Dehno101
05-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Excellent modules continue to roll out.
You and Sithspecter are great for reskinning and reusing these.

... And I was joking about the door, of course.

How come whenever I post, the thread dies for a while? :(

Snard
06-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Fantastic work.

LDR
06-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I've made a lot of updates for my mods, but they aren't screen-worthy.

Why? Because it's all about hex-editing. I hex-edited the Yavin module and the Crashed Republic Cruiser modules.

Well, might as well post another picture of the enigmatic third module:
https://imageshack.com/a/img845/7677/ue7.png

More updates soon!

Sith Holocron
06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
https://imageshack.com/a/img845/7677/ue7.png

It looks like you are using a Manaan module. Might that be the brig on the crashed Hammerhead?

Apoc Nizmith
06-20-2013, 05:57 PM
In response to your poll Carth should be turned bright neon pink and forced to wear a leather jacket that looks like George Micheal that says shame on the back lol. he is by far my least favorite character in the game, and this looks AWESOME! If you need voices for the npc's let me know I have a cool program I got when I was in school to make just such a thing and would be more than happy to provide voices for them as well!

Zhaboka
06-20-2013, 11:59 PM
That is just a haunting screenie. Nice work!

LDR
07-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately I haven't been working on my own projects at the moment. I've been doing stuff for SOTE and for some other stuff I can't say. I've also been hanging out with friends and whatever, plus TOR and xbox. Haha.

I can show you what I have been doing:

https://imageshack.com/a/img19/4167/qhmi.png

That's right, I'm helping out with this modding resource (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=212470). And I'm going to do a lot of them.

Christos K
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Will this allow people to expand on existing modules?

LDR
12-22-2013, 09:10 PM
A little snippet of a project I'm working on.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/856/u0r4.png

Sith Holocron
12-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Floating corpses that lack shadows?

Zhaboka
12-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Side questy-quest?

LDR
12-31-2013, 02:29 PM
A little more from that project.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/850/7nmb.png

Prison Ship stuff.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/801/fq5y.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/607/rabf.png

And we run into problems on Yavin IV.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/839/bnzt.png

Zhaboka
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Looks awesome. Is that the very beginning of the Prison Ship mod?

LDR
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
I posted on DeadlyStream that some of my mods are either cancelled or will be assimilated into my other projects. You can read it here (http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2458-ldrs-works-in-progress/).

LKIM 2.0 is back up and running again.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/836/q72o.png

More Yavin IV stuff.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/560/qciw.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/850/t1er.png

Fair Strides 2
01-08-2014, 07:10 PM
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/850/t1er.png

Ooohh! I like that re-skinned Rakata Enclave! :)

Zhaboka
01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Yeah, the enclave is outstanding. The forest floor still looks like Kashyyyk, though.

LDR
01-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Some more screenies of the Mando Base.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/208/6hiq.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/19/zhkf.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/809/p23e.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/823/5ztb.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/845/4e83.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/644x483q90/841/76jy.png

LDR
02-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Alright folks. I've returned with some new screenies, this time for the Battle of Dxun. I'd like to give a massive thanks to Fair Strides, for doing essentially all of the scripting and cameras, and without him, they wouldn't have come out nearly half as good. So everyone give him some praise!

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/691/9j5.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/836/u8ta.png

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/543/4xh1.png

Zhaboka
02-05-2014, 07:20 PM
AHHHH OUTSTANDING! The Mando base is really really well-reskinned. Can the Rakatan statues go or are you leaving those there on purpose?

Battle of Dxun looks legit. I got so excited seeing these. WOO!

LDR
02-16-2014, 04:14 PM
AHHHH OUTSTANDING! The Mando base is really really well-reskinned. Can the Rakatan statues go or are you leaving those there on purpose?

Battle of Dxun looks legit. I got so excited seeing these. WOO!

Thanks Zhaboka! And trust me, I tried, but if I get rid of the statues, it also gets rid of some of the wall texture. Damn mappings.

Anyways, since it has been my birthday week, I've taken a bit of a break from modding to take a rest. And relax. But I've still been working on some small things. Such as this.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/835/xg2n.png

One thing that really bugged me in KotOR was that some of the crystals shared the same icons. While I was digging in the game files, I came across four textures that were unused. There was also an unused Red crystal texture. So I put the original Red crystal texture for the Phond crystal, gave the Red crystal its unused texture, and then replaced the other crystals with the other unused textures. The only one that was made from scratch was the Firkrann texture.

milestails
02-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Never knew about the unused crystal textures....perhaps the K1 Restoration team would be interested in including it in their project.

DuckfromPortal
02-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Nice

Fair Strides 2
02-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks Zhaboka! And trust me, I tried, but if I get rid of the statues, it also gets rid of some of the wall texture. Damn mappings.

Anyways, since it has been my birthday week, I've taken a bit of a break from modding to take a rest. And relax. But I've still been working on some small things. Such as this.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/835/xg2n.png

One thing that really bugged me in KotOR was that some of the crystals shared the same icons. While I was digging in the game files, I came across four textures that were unused. There was also an unused Red crystal texture. So I put the original Red crystal texture for the Phond crystal, gave the Red crystal its unused texture, and then replaced the other crystals with the other unused textures. The only one that was made from scratch was the Firkrann texture.

I hope you had a fun birthday week, LDR!:)

And I really like those crystals!!!

LDR
02-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Never knew about the unused crystal textures....perhaps the K1 Restoration team would be interested in including it in their project.

Shhh... I found it first.

Nice

Thanks!

I hope you had a fun birthday week, LDR!:)

And I really like those crystals!!!

Thanks! And yep. A whole lot of doing nothing. :xp:

I have some more crystals.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/33/qeb3.png

For those of you with keen eyes, you'll notice that these crystals are from TSL. Every single one. I edited the icons for them so that there wouldn't be a porting issue. Still trying to figure out how to get the right properties on the lightsabers.

Malxados
02-17-2014, 02:11 PM

Oooh, shiny...

Still trying to figure out how to get the right properties on the lightsabers.

You mean making the new crystals bonuses apply correctly to the lightsaber when put in?

Fair Strides 2
02-17-2014, 02:52 PM

For those of you with keen eyes, you'll notice that these crystals are from TSL. Every single one. I edited the icons for them so that there wouldn't be a porting issue. Still trying to figure out how to get the right properties on the lightsabers.

I thought something was off and thought of the crystals being from TSL, but I wasn't sure.:)

As to upgrading, You'll need to add a line for each crystal to upgrade.2da, with the template resref of the crystal.uti... and make sure the upgrade type is 0.

milestails
02-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Wow so there were more crystals in K1 after all!

Fair Strides 2
02-17-2014, 03:33 PM

Actually, no. LDR made them from scratch by making empty .uti files with the names, and I assume the descriptions, of the TSL crystals. He's only a few steps short of making them work for upgrading purposes in K1...

LDR
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Oooh, shiny...

You mean making the new crystals bonuses apply correctly to the lightsaber when put in?

Yeah. Fair Strides told me what I have to do. I don't like it one bit.

I thought something was off and thought of the crystals being from TSL, but I wasn't sure.:)

As to upgrading, You'll need to add a line for each crystal to upgrade.2da, with the template resref of the crystal.uti... and make sure the upgrade type is 0.

Already did that. Adding all of them to each lightsaber is going to be a pain.

Actually, no. LDR made them from scratch by making empty .uti files with the names, and I assume the descriptions, of the TSL crystals. He's only a few steps short of making them work for upgrading purposes in K1...

Dead-on, Fair Strides.

Anyways, here are the last few crystals. Once I get them working right with the lightsabers then I'm going to start working on the Yavin cave modules.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/31/9t5m.png

Malxados
02-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Yeah. Fair Strides told me what I have to do. I don't like it one bit....Adding all of them to each lightsaber is going to be a pain.

Bahaha oh my. I don't suppose you could use TSLPatcher to speed up the process a bit (by making such changes to one lightsaber in a changes.ini and copy/pasting it multiple times, then just changing the lightsaber names for each)?

Fair Strides 2
02-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Bahaha oh my. I don't suppose you could use TSLPatcher to speed up the process a bit (by making such changes to one lightsaber in a changes.ini and copy/pasting it multiple times, then just changing the lightsaber names for each)?

SHHHH!!!! Don't give him the easy way out!:)

It won't kill him to exercise his fingers, will it? He already knows all the typing, copying, and pasting I've been doing recently...

Phildevil
02-19-2014, 12:36 AM
These last one I don't remember seeing in TSL. New stuff?

Malxados
02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
SHHHH!!!! Don't give him the easy way out!:)

It won't kill him to exercise his fingers, will it? He already knows all the typing, copying, and pasting I've been doing recently...

Bahaha but I have to feel like I'm contributing somehow! :xp:

Christos K
02-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah. Fair Strides told me what I have to do. I don't like it one bit.

Already did that. Adding all of them to each lightsaber is going to be a pain.

Dead-on, Fair Strides.

Anyways, here are the last few crystals. Once I get them working right with the lightsabers then I'm going to start working on the Yavin cave modules.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x503q90/31/9t5m.png

Any chance that VP's tool being used for the new "USM" mod could be used for this mod (obviously it'd need to be edited to work for K1)
Also any chance that this would also apply to Crixler's saber colors mod?

Fair Strides 2
02-20-2014, 11:34 PM
Any chance that VP's tool being used for the new "USM" mod could be used for this mod (obviously it'd need to be edited to work for K1)
Also any chance that this would also apply to Crixler's saber colors mod?

VPs tool and Crixkler's mod both involve the models. Crixler's might also have new .utis.

All LDR has to do is follow Malxados' advice and he can have it done quick. Or I can help him to get it done faster, if he wants.

LDR
03-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I've got some more screenies for LKIM 2.0, and boy has it changed a lot. Right now I've been working on replacing all of the NPCs with those dreaded low-poly models with, well, actual NPCs. I've been renovating modules to make them look more realistic (mostly from the K1 Enhancement Pack). But that's not all. I've also been working on a Sith Spy subplot on Taris. I always found it odd how the Sith turned a blind eye to you and Carth (a well-known war hero!), even after raiding their base. This will change that, and I plan on putting a few more subplots across the game as well.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0117-41-49-33_zps51eea132.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0116-44-17-18_zpscce5744b.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0116-44-17-20_zps3eaf6863.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0117-34-47-54_zps9fd42012.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0117-37-15-33_zps4f5062f1.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0116-42-52-39_zpsaa225126.png

Although I regret to inform that this will be incompatible with the K1 Enhancement Pack, I plan on incorporating many elements from it into LKIM 2.0 (such as Zelka's Medical Facility, above). I'd like to give a big thanks to SpaceAlex for making it a modders' resource!

CptPriceless
03-02-2014, 03:57 AM
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0116-42-52-39_zpsaa225126.png

Nice idea. Can't wait to see how this one plays out. :thmbup1:

Christos K
03-02-2014, 01:47 PM
REALLY Looking forward to this. Should make Taris a lot less boring. Hell I'm even willing to wait for this mod (as well as your other projects) to release before I do another play through.

Sith Holocron
03-02-2014, 02:21 PM
I'd like to give a big thanks to StarAdmiral for making it a modders' resource!

Don't you mean Space Alex?

Christos K
03-03-2014, 05:09 PM
^Haha he fixed it.

Zhaboka
03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Looking very good.

LDR
03-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks everyone! I've got another surprise for you:

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-53-45-04_zpsfd938c7b.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-54-11-20_zpsd196c185.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-55-28-45_zps0722ae58.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-53-59-81_zpsa1bbfc91.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-54-31-41_zps4ee2f417.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-53-51-13_zps2d1c68e8.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-55-07-07_zpse600abae.png
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/swkotor2014-03-0620-56-08-52_zps14da1f00.png

I've still got some polishing up to do, but this is pretty much the gist of it. And obviously the sky isn't final either. How did I do?

Darth InSidious
03-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Beautiful reskin, LDR. Looks really good. :)

I'm particularly impressed by the logical use of the textures - too often people use the brick and stone textures almost interchangeably, or use trims for large chunks of wall/floor, etc.

Christos K
03-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Very nice use of the Starforge. I feel as if it is an underused module for new mods.

supreme kotor
03-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Looks very solid nice work.

CptPriceless
03-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Figured out it was the Star Forge after spending several seconds blankly staring at the first screenie. The reskins look good man.

deathdisco
03-07-2014, 09:06 AM
It's the Star Stone Forge! Nice :thmbup1:

Sithspecter
03-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Looks good! I'd suggest making the starfield texture completely invisible and adding a skybox in the .lyt and .vis files.

Zhaboka
03-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, took me until the second screenshot to get it. Very nice work. Feels nice and open and breathable.

logan23
03-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Amazing Reskin!

L0ki194
03-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Oh wow! I like the star forge reskins. I wonder what/where those ares are for... Extra/new part of Korriban maybe?

Marius Fett
03-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Now THAT is quite the masterful reskin, LDR!

Very nicely done!

LDR
04-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Alright, sorry for lack of updates everyone. I've been pretty busy with stuff for school, but I'm here now!

First up I whipped up a Hidden Bek Combat Suit to complement the Hidden Bek armors that came in SpaceAlex's K1 Enhancement Pack. Skin needs a lot of work though, but here's a preview of what I have so far.
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/bek_zps70f9d843.png
Dxun finally went modern:
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/pic4_zps8d25d001.png
Camerawork for the beginning of a cutscene. The dialogue is obviously not final.
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/pic6_zpse7f19166.png
And Mandalore himself. Thanks to Silveredge and Quanon for letting me use Mandalore's mask and armor.
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/pic5_zps651dd762.png

I'd also like to thank JCarter and especially Fair Strides for helping me out with scripting.

Phildevil
04-27-2014, 08:06 AM
**** happens huh? That Hidden Bek suit looks so much better than the regular one! This guy looks like a classy smuggler! la Han Solo.

Zhaboka
04-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Looking exciting! What ever happened to that crystal mod up at the top of this page?

redrob41
04-30-2014, 03:53 PM
First up I whipped up a Hidden Bek Combat Suit to complement the Hidden Bek armors that came in SpaceAlex's K1 Enhancement Pack. Skin needs a lot of work though, but here's a preview of what I have so far.
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af7/LDR211/bek_zps70f9d843.png

those pants look like they're from my Combat Suit mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=197346), which SpaceAlex may have used in his Enhancement pack.
Click for Pic (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/99376/8)
While I did say the suits were a modder's resource, I meant for them to be used as-is, and not for retexturing. I'm sure you can just as easily make your own version, but please start with the original texture files. Based on your awesome Star Forge reskin, you've certainly got the skills :)