PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR 2 crash at start of level 1

w3stwing
08-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey people, bought a used copy of KOTOR 2, installed it without problems and everything works...right up until level 1 begins. Specifically, I go through the character creation, the first movie plays, level begins but there's no picture or anything. I get a few sounds and music from the game before it crashes, with the typical Vista error msg: "KOTOR 2 has stopped working properly and needs to close. Windows will let you know when a solution is available."

I've run through the research and the forums, tried all the fixes that were applicable to my problem and system; mss32.dll fix, adjusted graphics settings, set the game compatibility for Windows XP SP2, etc.

I run a Vista-32 bit Sony Vaio, with all the updates and newest drivers, I have an Intel 956 Chipset w/ accelerated media graphics driver (worked fine for KOTOR 1 and similar games), my RAM is great and my hard drive has enough space for another OS and then some.

Someone rescue me please!

Q
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Did you install the game according to the large-print instructions in the second post of this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324)?

birthdaycake13
09-09-2010, 06:03 PM
ok this happend to me at first, all you have to do is start the launcher and then click update and it will give you a link to go to, that link leads to lucasarts website there is an update there just download it and it will fix that bug