PDA

View Full Version : Kotor won't install keeps trying to unistall

Tomirk
01-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to reinstall Kotor after a while to play it again but everytime I run the setup it asks me if I want to unistall the game. If I click cancel the setup closes, If I click yes then it unistalls the game but the same thing happens when I try to reinstall it. I have tried everything, unistalling using the control panel, manually searching for files and deleting them, everything.
Can anyone help me?
P.S. I am using Windows 7

The Doctor
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Stupid question: you rebooted after uninstalling? I'm not familiar with Windows 7 personally, but assuming you have done then you could try using a registry cleaner to remove any stray entries that weren't removed with uninstallation. I'd recommend TweakNow RegCleaner or CCleaner. Both are free, easy to use, and can be found through a simple Google search.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.

Q
01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to reinstall Kotor after a while to play it again but everytime I run the setup it asks me if I want to unistall the game. If I click cancel the setup closes, If I click yes then it unistalls the game but the same thing happens when I try to reinstall it. I have tried everything, unistalling using the control panel, manually searching for files and deleting them, everything.
Can anyone help me?
P.S. I am using Windows 7
You will need to reinstall the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324).