PDA

View Full Version : Can't Run TSL

harIII
05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
I just got a new computer a week or two ago and finally sat down to get back into modding. However I have TSL installed and unmodified but when I run it, the game crashes on me.

I can start it up like I normally do, click new game, create my character, load the first module, and boom; after the loading process and I'm just about to enter the module, my game crashes.

I have updated my graphics driver and these are my specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit version
4 Gigs of Ram
Intel Pentium CPU - P6200 @ 2.13 GHz
Intel HD Graphics (whatever that means, can't get any more specific than that)

Any ideas?

Q
05-06-2011, 06:46 PM
You're going to have to reinstall the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194324). Make sure that you follow all of the directions that apply to your hardware, in the order that they are written. As far as your Intel GPU goes, I don't think that the driver control panel will allow you to set the flipping policy to blit anymore, but I don't think that it matters.

Also, TSL supports 1280x768 natively, but it's not an option in the in-game menu, so what you'll need to do is change the Width and Height values to 1280 and 768, respectively, under BOTH [Display Options] and [Graphics Options] in the swkotor2.ini file.

Finally, if you're running 32-bit Windows with 4GB of RAM, you're only using 3GB. What I would suggest is to either borrow or download an ISO of the generic OEM version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and install it. Use this little utility (http://directedge.us/content/abr-activation-backup-and-restore) to backup your activation on a thumb drive beforehand and restore it after you've installed the 64-bit version. You'll want the beta version that supports Windows 7.

Your OEM product key will work on either the 32- or 64-bit versions of Windows 7 Ultimate, and it's all perfectly legal. An added bonus of doing this is that it will remove all of the bloatware that came pre-installed on your computer.

harIII
05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Bloatware, haha. Actually I already did a wipe on my computer on day one because it was running vista and I wanted Windows 7.

Anyways reinstalling TSL will have to wait about 2 weeks because I'm going on a nice vacation and my disks are at the house.

Q
05-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Did you use an upgrade version of Win 7?

harIII
05-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Not that I know of. My college passes out copies of Windows products and one of them is Windows 7 Ultimate which is what I'm now running.