PDA

View Full Version : Did you get in the weekend beta for this weekend?

Jae Onasi
11-10-2011, 11:03 AM
It seems quite a few people from LF here got invites for this weekend, if they're not in already. I think it would be fun if we all could get together on the same server and game together this weekend. PM me for more info!

adamqd
11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Nope, Official Forum Member since 0.3 seconds after Forum launch, Pre ordered at midnight day one, ticked the "Do you want to be a beta Tester" box the second it was available... I know its a random invite, but man I feel like punching faces.

mimartin
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
adamqd I ordered TOR 10/19/2011 and didn't join the TOR forum or sign up for beta tester until a few days later... but guess what...wait let me put on some glasses before continuing.... :cool:

ChAiNz.2da
11-10-2011, 11:39 AM
hehehe.. took my name off the list a month ago. With Skyrim coming out this weekend.. I knew my heart wouldn't be in to ToR if I were to get in.

Probably best for both sides. Should be good to go by early invite (CE) though! :D

Hallucination
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm downloading the 20 GB of game files on my school's internet. **** the police. o_Q

mimartin
11-10-2011, 12:26 PM
hehehe.. took my name off the list a month ago. With Skyrim coming out this weekend.. I knew my heart wouldn't be in to ToR if I were to get in.
Yeah, I'm torn, but Skyrim will still be there come Monday. ;)

Had it been ME3, then I don't know what I would have done.

adamqd
11-10-2011, 01:34 PM
adamqd I ordered TOR 10/19/2011 and didn't join the TOR forum or sign up for beta tester until a few days later... but guess what...wait let me put on some glasses before continuing.... :cool:

September 12, 2003, brought and Played Knights of the old Republic.
October 21, 2008, Joined official TOR site within seconds of it going Live.
Ticked the Beta invite Box.
waited 3 years
July 21, 2011, Pre-ordered within minutes of availability.

waited...

On possibly the last Beta invite for the game, did not receive Invite... took Nail-gun to own face

Here Lies adamqd, Kotor Fan, dead.

1980-2011

Jeff
11-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I feel ya adamqd. I got lucky this time but I was starting to feel like I'd never get in beta. But I can only think they will be opening it up even more as each weekend comes.

mimartin
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
adamqd, stupid question on my part, but you did go back to the TOR site and enter your early access code after making the pre-order?

I joined the TOR site years ago, but for some reason could not sign-in last month, customer service at BioWare solution was for me to sign-up again. Thus the two days between pre-order and sign-up.

adamqd
11-10-2011, 01:57 PM
yes bud, entered the code as soon as I got the email instructions. Joking aside, its six weeks, I've waited longer for a piss tbh :)

I'll get to play eventually, just sucks a little.

jrrtoken
11-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Got the invite. Kinda ironic, as I have no real intention to buy this game at all, but here I am. Maybe, just maybe, it'll change my mind about TOR.

Nah; who am I kidding? :p

Astor
11-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Nope, Official Forum Member since 0.3 seconds after Forum launch, Pre ordered at midnight day one, ticked the "Do you want to be a beta Tester" box the second it was available... I know its a random invite, but man I feel like punching faces.

They haven't invited anyone from the UK yet, but this evening they're sending out invites to all European Countries.

Although I doubt I'll be testing if I receive an invite - a 20GB download would take me at least three days to download with my internet connection. :(

EDIT: And what do you know, just checked my inbox 'You Have Been Selected to Test STAR WARS: The Old Republic!‏' :lol:

Lynk Former
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm Australian, so no XD

Deft Aklin
11-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I shall be there with bells on. :) But I'm going to play a class I will never play post release...

DarthJacen
11-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Yes, but without a way to redeem it and download the beta, I might as well forget it. Hopefully, they will send me a way to participate.

Hallucination
11-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Don't worry about missing anything, it seems to be down right now. I can't see any servers to choose from. =/

Computing fact of life: Testing isn't to see if something works, it's to see how it doesn't work.

Lynk Former
11-11-2011, 08:34 PM
This isn't even the stress test weekend... they'll have another weekend where they'll purposefully try to max things out... won't that weekend be fun for everyone, hah.

mimartin
11-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Don't worry about missing anything, it seems to be down right now. I can't see any servers to choose from. =/

Computing fact of life: Testing isn't to see if something works, it's to see how it doesn't work.Sorry to see it isn't just me.

Hallucination
11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Sorry to see it isn't just me.
I posted on their forums, and their staff says to check your firewall. Of course, I'm on my school's network so I think I'm pretty much screwed. =/

swphreak
11-11-2011, 11:41 PM
I thought the point of this was to break their servers? You mean this isn't the stress test?

I thought I'd give it a quick try before bed, but the servers have long ass queues, so I'm going to bed instead.

Lynk Former
11-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Oh hey whaddya know, I did get in...

adamqd
11-12-2011, 12:32 AM
every member of the site did... this is the "We've let all the cool people test, so a few weeks before we launch we'll let you losers in to stress test the servers, but it wont really be playing, cus the servers will crash, and you'll be queued all weekend" test coming late November.

mimartin
11-12-2011, 02:05 AM
every member of the site did... this is the "We've let all the cool people test,Which explains why I can't get in. :xp:

Lynk Former
11-12-2011, 02:06 AM
No, I know that they said "everyone" but I assumed they meant "everyone who is within a launch window country" as in, not me since I'm Australian and Australia gets no TOR...

adamqd
11-12-2011, 03:03 AM
and for the record I got in this weekend beta.. my Bitching worked for once jaja

mimartin
11-13-2011, 12:24 AM
After downgrading my video driver...I got on. :D

J4ngo
11-13-2011, 11:04 AM
It seems quite a few people from LF here got invites for this weekend, if they're not in already. I think it would be fun if we all could get together on the same server and game together this weekend. PM me for more info!

i did

swphreak
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
From what I've played so far (Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter), I'm liking it. Definitely not regretting my preorder now.

mimartin
11-13-2011, 04:39 PM
From what I've played so far (Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter), I'm liking it. Definitely not regretting my preorder now.

QFT

Loving it, never played a MMO, but so far so good. Only messed with a smuggler so far, took it to getting off planet, don't know if I even want to try anything else since smuggler is so much fun.

adamqd
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Coruscant is a major achievement IMO, its almost breathtaking. Character creation and Looks can be pretty generic, seeing two hundred Jedi in the same outfit with the same droid and same lightsaber can be a bit mind-numbing at times, but I'm just in awe of what they've achieved... and this is only to level 10.

I mainly looked around and got my better weapon, I dont want to grind out and stress a character that'll be destroyed in a few hours.

up to now, 8.5/10

swphreak
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I've been creating new characters after getting off the starting planet. I really don't want to do too much or else I wouldn't want to redo everything again the next time I play.

mimartin
11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I did two different Smugglers to getting off planet, now a Jei Consular. It has been a fun game to play, but up until I saw the Jedi Temple, it wasn't KOTOR. Now it feels like KOTOR to me.

If you see a blue female Twi'lek running around kill things, it could be me, just don't call me ma'am. Already been told I'm playing pretty good for a girl. :D

Hallucination
11-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Already been told I'm playing pretty good for a girl. :D
That's nothing, join a group as a healer and everyone will think you're so feminine that you have 5 boobs.

Mav
11-14-2011, 03:33 AM
I haven't bothered checking the forums here all weekend for obvious reasons, but just looking through it now it was funny to see the flurry of "**** this" posts when the weekend beta launched, followed by a bunch of "hey this is pretty sweet" posts following some gameplay XD.

To be fair, I went through the same mood swings, but only in Skype. Anyway, post-beta, I'm definitely looking forward to playing come December.

Lynk Former
11-14-2011, 05:08 AM
I enjoyed myself far too much...

Prime
11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Good to hear everything is positive so far. I might not be there on launch, but I hope to try it soon thereafter.

Is basically everyone soloing at this point?

Jeff
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Good to hear everything is positive so far. I might not be there on launch, but I hope to try it soon thereafter.

Is basically everyone soloing at this point?Mav and I played 100% in a group, the only times we'd split up were for turning in our class quests. So you can really go either way.

Pho3nix
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Yes... though sadly I noticed on Sunday since I was so busy this weekend. So no testing for me I'm afraid.

mimartin
11-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Is basically everyone soloing at this point?

I went solo for all but one quest. That quest it was pretty much impossible to do solo. Luckily a group of three was having problems with it and requested I join them. That when I was told I was pretty good for a girl even though I was the one that killed 60% of the enemy including the boss. I just needed them to occupy some of the enemy while I worked.

There was also a point after the prologue where I needed a group to finish, so I just finished another smuggler’s prologue up to that point that I had started Saturday night. I did find that while playing solo as a Jedi, other people playing Jedi class are more likely to help you with a tough fighting without joining a group. More than once I was getting my butt handed to me when someone showed up to help in the niche of time. Never had that happen with a smuggler, but never really had anything hand me my butt as a smuggler too.

adamqd
11-14-2011, 02:10 PM
its actually funny, because for all the bitching, it is really KotOR III... there is no text above peoples heads, if you dont have the chat tab showing, people can troll, flame and speak BS all they want ands you'd never know :)

Prime
11-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Luckily a group of three was having problems with it and requested I join them. Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

mimartin
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Didn't feel really like KotOR to me, until I saw the Jedi Temple. Was having a blast before that, but after that I was completely sold hook, line and sinker.

Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...
No Prime. According to what Lynk told me (so sue him if I'm wrong) you can go back and play along with someone, just not forward. If that is the case, you don't need to worry, I'll go back to help you. It was just all the servers were so busy this weekend we ended going where we could get in not where other LF members were. (he does say it depends on if it is a class mission or not)

swphreak
11-14-2011, 04:00 PM
I pretty much played solo, except for two or three missions that I needed help with. If I had levelled up more, I would've been able to do them by myself.

I played on the Kaleetek(?) PVP server because it was one of the three servers that the devs said new characters should go to. I tried joining one of the existing PVE servers, but the queues for those were like 2000+.

I'm curious, do people have a preference for PVP or PVE servers? I noticed that I would sometimes get flagged for PVP for a "performing a hostile action".

Hallucination
11-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm curious, do people have a preference for PVP or PVE servers? I noticed that I would sometimes get flagged for PVP for a "performing a hostile action".
When I played WoW I preferred PvP servers, but I ended up rerolling on a PvE server with my brother to play with friends. We both missed the tension when seeing the other faction in the same area as us.

Plus it's always nice to be able to kill someone who stole a node from you. Or just killing someone and taking a node they wanted.

Prime
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm probably PvE, but I'm new to MMO's, so maybe my views will change.

And thanks Mim. :)

swphreak
11-14-2011, 04:28 PM
When I played WoW I preferred PvP servers, but I ended up rerolling on a PvE server with my brother to play with friends. We both missed the tension when seeing the other faction in the same area as us.

Plus it's always nice to be able to kill someone who stole a node from you. Or just killing someone and taking a node they wanted.

I remember playing Lineage II and it being pretty annoying to get ganked by some dude at a higher level than you. Until I read up on how PVP works in TOR, I'm leaning towards PVE servers.

mimartin
11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Also everyone go join. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2795395&postcount=1) So far it is just Lynk, Astor, acdcfanbill, Jeff (when he gets around to it) and me.

That is if you can stand Lynk being the leader. :xp:

Hallucination
11-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I remember playing Lineage II and it being pretty annoying to get ganked by some dude at a higher level than you. Until I read up on how PVP works in TOR, I'm leaning towards PVE servers.
Yeah, getting ganked is annoying when it happens, but getting into a fight shakes things up in a way that I enjoy. I imagine that the LF guild will be PvE though, since the randomness probably isn't too conducive to carebears RP and chillaxing.

Edit: I don't even know why I'm weighing in on this, since the earliest I'll start playing will probably be in the summer.

Pho3nix
11-15-2011, 04:41 AM
PvE is for pussies.

Prime
11-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Playing MMOs is for not getting...I'll stop there. :p

adamqd
11-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Thats why I cant play MMO's with women, because they are pushed in to a matriarch position and protected by all the guys in the guild... Man, I've had death threats from pre pubescent kids and 40 year old virgins because I 'Disrespected' 'the Girl'.

mimartin
11-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Thats why I cant play MMO's with women, because they are pushed in to a matriarch position and protected by all the guys in the guild... Man, I've had death threats from pre pubescent kids and 40 year old virgins because I 'Disrespected' 'the Girl'.

How in the world do you tell if someone is a "girl" or not in a MMO?

That may explain why people were protecting my female Twi'lek Jedi and my female Mirialan Jedi.

Prime
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
You are hot though, Mim.

Lynk Former
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
haha... that's really... sad... and disturbing.

Hallucination
11-15-2011, 06:50 PM

That may explain why people were protecting my female Twi'lek Jedi and my female Mirialan Jedi.
I remember when I played WoW that more hardcore healers would make female characters because it made people more inclined to protect them, at least in PUG's.

So, question for those of you who managed to play and get into PUG's: was there a noticeable role disparity (i.e. tonnes of DPS characters and a shortage of tanks or healers)?

Lynk Former
11-15-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm going to be rolling a Trooper Vanguard (Tank) in TOR as my main, and I did see quite a lot of other people go Vanguard as well on the Republic side, though still more Commando's... there'll be a few tanks around so it looks like the real shortage will be with the healers.

Soromonu
11-16-2011, 05:56 AM
I got in played SI and Trooper. Both were very well done, Trooper storyline and quests were a bit easier. Apparently they turned down SI damage which made it really hard to play up until lv 11.

adamqd
11-16-2011, 10:36 AM

nearly everyone uses Ventrilo or the likes, kind of a give away :) PVE yea, you may get some transvestite-gamers, but I know most of the people who I PVP with have a "No Voice chatty, No Groupy" rule.

Jae Onasi
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Do you basically have to find people that are more or less of your level in order for them to join you on the quest? I guess I am slightly concerned that if I join this game a bit late and don't have a lot of free time to play, I'll be "left in the dust" by all you good LF folks that I would typically want to play with...

I'd go back and help you out leveling. I'm going to play every class at some point, so I'll have toons at a variety of levels.

The 'flagged for PvP' thing will happen if you hit someone else with your class specific buff skill, even if it's on a PvE server. What I do then is right click on my portrait, turn PvP on, then turn it off again.

I prefer PvE servers, but I'm not a big PvPer. Some people like the challenge of random players possibly attacking. I prefer to just play the game with what the devs throw at me. That being said, a good PvP match now and then can be a lot of fun.

Good, good, keep thinking that way. My LOTRO burglar will be happy to backstab the crap out of the monsters (and quite possibly you in PvP) any day with anyone, and is quite good at it, thank you. You'd be taking up valuable server space that another player who doesn't cower at my steely knives could use if you played on my server with me. Don't friend Jolie'bindo on Belgoth's Beacon unless you plan on staying out of my Consular's way of DPSing. ;P

ChAiNz.2da
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Not to worry man, I'll be in the same boat. "I'll be your Huckleberry" :lol:

While I have the CE and "early" access.. I don't have the luxury of time this part of the year. Weekends mostly.

With Skyrim seducing me and ME3 on the March horizon.. I won't be power-playing ToR as much as most. Of course I'll be around, just not an every day thing.

mimartin
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Trust me ChAiNz, once you fiddle around with TOR, you are going to forget all about that Skyrim place for a few months. I'm actually worried about ME3's March released, BioWare knew what they were doing when they moved back its release date.

I really wished I would have been as smart as you and skipped the beta last weekend. I may have been able to complete Skyrim a time or two before the early access.

Tommycat
11-17-2011, 09:34 AM
nearly everyone uses Ventrilo or the likes, kind of a give away :) PVE yea, you may get some transvestite-gamers, but I know most of the people who I PVP with have a "No Voice chatty, No Groupy" rule.

Heh. I usually play Women in MMO's. Like I wanna stare at a guy's butt for months or years on end. Granted I do let people know I'm a guy if they ask, or if they hit on me(happened a couple of times), but most gamers nowadays know that there's no women on the internet:D

Deft Aklin
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I remember when I played WoW that more hardcore healers would make female characters because it made people more inclined to protect them, at least in PUG's.

So, question for those of you who managed to play and get into PUG's: was there a noticeable role disparity (i.e. tonnes of DPS characters and a shortage of tanks or healers)?

Definitely light on tanks and healers, but that will eventually settle down. For example, four of us that were grouping together were all classes we would never in a million years be playing live, as they are outside our skillset. I was playing a Sith Marauder, and I usually play ranged DPS. MY GF was also a SM, but usually plays a healer class. Etc etc.

And as far as the female topic... we know because we're on vent/ts/mumble with them. lol

Tommycat
11-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm rolling a Sawbones smuggler next time around. I don't like the damage near as much as healing.

logan23
11-21-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll be there this weekend!

I wish i had a screen shot of my most ugly smuggler character, looks like the golem character from lord of the rings but with some hair....will see if i can get a pic if my characters are from last testing still there

Hey with Guilds can you join more then one?
This will be the first MMO for me.

Lynk Former
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
@ logan23: One character cannot join more than one guild, but they can leave one guild and then join another if they'd like.

Additionally, you can have more than one character on your account, so if you have a Jedi, he/she can join a guild and then your Trooper can join another guild... or even the same guild as your Jedi.

logan23
11-21-2011, 11:37 PM
@Lynk Former

Thanks!

I didn't want to do something that would be improper or rude.

=)

Hallucination
11-22-2011, 01:13 AM
@Lynk Former

Thanks!

I didn't want to do something that would be improper or rude.

=)
Dude, half the fun in MMO's is being the **** you can't be in real life. o_Q

Lynk Former
11-22-2011, 06:55 AM
And the other half of the fun of an MMO is being part of a greater community, where you can run by other people and randomly give them a buff to help them on their journey even though you don't even know who that person is.

Or when you see someone fighting a group of enemies, you help them out by throwing a sticky grenade into the group (which they've already tagged and have white circles under their feet so you know that that player you're helping gets the credit for those kills) to help out that person you don't even know get on with his quest with a few less enemies to worry about.

Some people are even known to just randomly trade away nice items to lower level players for the hell of it. These people are rare, but it happens.

Hallucination
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
I would've mentioned that half, but the whole not-wanting-to-be-improper-or-rude thing made me think he had it covered.

logan23
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I actually found my self constantly checking the health of other Player characters to see if they are in a fight where they look as if they were losing or heavily out numbered with low health. I would jump in to help out. (in the last testing weekend I did)

It just felt natural to go in and help other players, feels good

I didn't know about the white circle, what it meant.
I will take note of that.

Mav
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Some people are even known to just randomly trade away nice items to lower level players for the hell of it. These people are rare, but it happens.That last bit is probably going to be fairly unique to testing, once we hit release instead of free trades, crap is going to actually go up on the Galactic Market and you're gonna see trade chat spammed with "WTS **** for way too much"

Taak Farst
11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Game installed and updated ready for this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Tommycat
11-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Since I went DPS this time, I'll probably be helping a lot of people out with earlier quests. Plus on my race to see new planets, I skipped a bunch of heroics and some side quests. Now that my class quests have become nightmare difficulty, I can go back and hit those "lesser" quests. I can assure that anyone who starts the game late will have plenty of others to help them out. Or you could join a guild early and have them help you out(my guild is pretty good about that). PLUS there's all kinds of people who roll alts. I know I do. Once I get to max level with one class, I roll a second that is counter to that one(ie if I have DPS I roll a healer).

Ztalker
11-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I got in as well...

Going to try out the Inquisitor probably, since it´s the most appealing class for me...too bad I'll be visiting my girlfriends parents this sunday...having to pretend to be a likable guy while I'm elctrocuting Jedi in my mind ;)

oldflash
11-23-2011, 12:24 PM
After 24h of download: 48h to wait until I can join. :)
Those 48 hours will be sooooooo loooooong...

Point Man
11-24-2011, 02:06 PM
No need to worry about that. Guild members and friends will always be happy to go back and help you with early stuff.

The one thing you need to watch out for, though, is that they don't kill all the enemies, find all the objectives, and solve all the puzzles for you. I got a little frustrated with that in Guild Wars. My old-timer guildmates ran through the missions, and I was wondering what happened.

That should not happen on your class questline because only characters of another class can accompany you into the areas where you work those quests. They can help you kill monsters, but they can't make any decisions in the quest. That part is "instanced", and all conversations are for you only. I really like that.

Come join us as soon as you can, Prime!

DarthJacen
11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I, finally, got the to download the .exe file. So, if someone can tell me the common server on here. It would be appreciated. My signature has my future character's name.

adamqd
11-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Gotta say guys, I'm bored ****less of it! I'm hoping its my hatred of low level find n' grind, and the fact I have no investment in a throwaway beta character thats pushing me to watch crap TV rather than play TOR :(

Lynk Former
11-25-2011, 02:15 PM
No one told you to play the beta so much XD I've had my fill of the beta and now I"m playing other games. The next time I'll be playing TOR is for real during early access.

adamqd
11-25-2011, 02:23 PM
I played last beta weekend, got one toon to level 11, and it was OK, logged in today... lasted 15 minutes and logged out. I think I've been living in some kind of KotOR fanboy dream world, and I awoke to find a game I wouldn't normally play.

Lynk Former
11-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I've played through two classes on opposite factions up to their mid 20s and dabbled in some others... I like what I've experienced, especially when it comes to the class story quests and playing with other folks like Mav and Jeff. Lotsa fun to be had, though I've never really had.

Never expected it to be anything but what it is, an MMO with voice acting and a few BioWare touches.

adamqd
11-26-2011, 03:41 AM
I think I'm just too used to full MMO's, and RPG's as separate entities. when mixing them you do lose a lot.

I enjoy the game, and the era is pure gold, and I'm gonna have a lot of fun. Maybe not as much as the smoke I'd blown up my own ass had me believe though hehe :)

Tommycat
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
I played last beta weekend, got one toon to level 11, and it was OK, logged in today... lasted 15 minutes and logged out. I think I've been living in some kind of KotOR fanboy dream world, and I awoke to find a game I wouldn't normally play.

So you essentially played the equivalent of Endar Spire in KotOR and judged the whole game based on that? Having been in the regular beta, I can tell you that the first 10 levels are different than the next twenty. But then I have really liked this game. Not sure it's for everyone(or rather I'm SURE it isn't for everyone), but it is a whole load of fun.

Pho3nix
11-29-2011, 05:27 AM
I think I've been living in some kind of KotOR fanboy dream world, and I awoke to find a game I wouldn't normally play.
I wish more people would realize that.
Never expected it to be anything but what it is, an MMO with voice acting and a few BioWare touches.
Word.

Ztalker
11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
So you essentially played the equivalent of Endar Spire in KotOR and judged the whole game based on that? Having been in the regular beta, I can tell you that the first 10 levels are different than the next twenty. But then I have really liked this game. Not sure it's for everyone(or rather I'm SURE it isn't for everyone), but it is a whole load of fun.

I only had the time to play through the first 12 levels, I got to Kaas city with my Inquisitor....it was all very straightforward and dare I say linear. Levels 20-30 are more like WoW? With more things to do in areas? The grouping for the 'heroic' quests was cool though...having a WoW background certainly helps, since I didn't die one time and went all CC on enemies, where other players would only bash and smash...

Tommycat
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I only had the time to play through the first 12 levels, I got to Kaas city with my Inquisitor....it was all very straightforward and dare I say linear. Levels 20-30 are more like WoW? With more things to do in areas? The grouping for the 'heroic' quests was cool though...having a WoW background certainly helps, since I didn't die one time and went all CC on enemies, where other players would only bash and smash...
My quest log from Coruscant(Kaas on my IA) on would periodically fill to the point where the quest tracker would have a note on the bottom "4 other quests" There are a TON of side quests. 1-10 are almost completely linear to get you familiar with how the game works, and how your skills work. By Nar Shaddaah you would actually have to go out of your way to avoid heroics.

Ztalker
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
My quest log from Coruscant(Kaas on my IA) on would periodically fill to the point where the quest tracker would have a note on the bottom "4 other quests" There are a TON of side quests. 1-10 are almost completely linear to get you familiar with how the game works, and how your skills work. By Nar Shaddaah you would actually have to go out of your way to avoid heroics.

You made my day :)

Last question though: I didn't play any instances, is there somekind of 'dungeon finder' system when you reach a certain level? WoW was streamlined like that...

Tommycat
11-29-2011, 09:26 AM
You made my day :)

Last question though: I didn't play any instances, is there somekind of 'dungeon finder' system when you reach a certain level? WoW was streamlined like that...
No dungeon finder as of yet. Doesn't mean it won't be in for launch though. And I haven't gotten in to test the next build. Of course I'm more of a solo player, so I try my darndest to do the non-group stuff to see if it's a viable playstyle(so far, it is for those of you wondering). I've never really had any difficulty finding groups for the heroics I picked up though. I'm thinking it will be even easier to pick up groups as a healer(as I intend to be in launch). Most of that stuff is still above my level though(playing solo makes the game take longer to level as you sometimes have to slog through more quests and all the bonus stuff so you can outlevel your class quest because some of the difficulties were accidentally turned up to 11). Plus I've been working on crafting, so that eats up a lot of time.

adamqd
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM

So you essentially took 7 hours to complete the Endar Spire? wow mate.

I enjoyed it to a degree, I leveled a couple of toons to level 10 or above, a warrior to 14. I'm just nowhere near as pumped for the game as I was before I played it.

Tommycat
11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
So you essentially took 7 hours to complete the Endar Spire? wow mate.

I enjoyed it to a degree, I leveled a couple of toons to level 10 or above, a warrior to 14. I'm just nowhere near as pumped for the game as I was before I played it.

No, I'm talking about percentages. The first 10 levels are essentially the tutorial. After that point it gets more diverse.

RoxStar
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Didn't feel really like KotOR to me, until I saw the Jedi Temple. Was having a blast before that, but after that I was completely sold hook, line and sinker.

^ This. I actually stopped playing after that so I could preserve myself for when I can play the retail release :3

mattig89ch
11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
i'm not sure if I got into the weekend beta or not. I was contacted monday and told I was aproved to play the beta.

when were the weekend testers told they were able to test the game?

as much as it pains me to admit it, I loved it. I was really hoping to be able to find massive holes that I could tear into and say "This is why this game won't work!", but I never found that.

Tommycat
11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
i'm not sure if I got into the weekend beta or not. I was contacted monday and told I was aproved to play the beta.

when were the weekend testers told they were able to test the game?

as much as it pains me to admit it, I loved it. I was really hoping to be able to find massive holes that I could tear into and say "This is why this game won't work!", but I never found that.

If you were able to test on any day besides the weekend, you are in the regular beta. If you got your invite Monday you were probably in the regular beta. Weekenders got theirs mostly on Wednesday.

mattig89ch
11-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I just got a rather discouraging email...."We hope you've enjoyed playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we look forward to seeing you when the game launches. But you don't have to wait until Dec. 20th to play again. Pre-order now for Early Game Access and you could start playing up to 5 days before the official launch of the game." copied and pasted.

I may have just been in the weekend testers ... I'll find out tonight for sure. at least they're doing the same rate for mmo's as everyone else (15 a month).

source: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#203369

Mav
11-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I just got a rather discouraging email...."We hope you've enjoyed playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we look forward to seeing you when the game launches. But you don't have to wait until Dec. 20th to play again. Pre-order now for Early Game Access and you could start playing up to 5 days before the official launch of the game." copied and pasted.

I may have just been in the weekend testers ... I'll find out tonight for sure. at least they're doing the same rate for mmo's as everyone else (15 a month).

source: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#203369Eh, if you go to http://www.swtor.com/tester whilst logged in you can see which tests you were invited to.

Darth Manus
11-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Tried it, was sorely disappointed. My computer is too old and too ****ty to run it properly, so it was unplayable. Even had horrible framerates during character creation. I doubt I'll be playing this in the foreseeable future.

Lynk Former
11-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Wow, you must have a pretty ancient PC... or simply need a better graphics card.

Pho3nix
11-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Tried it, was sorely disappointed. My computer is too old and too ****ty to run it properly, so it was unplayable. Even had horrible framerates during character creation. I doubt I'll be playing this in the foreseeable future.
Yeah same here... my laptop isn't really suitable for gaming and my PC is back at my dads place in Finland :p so no TOR for me at least in the near future.

Lynk Former
11-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Dammit man *bangs fist on table* enough with the excuses and get your PC to you or buy a better laptop.

XD I bought my new PC (rather the components that make this PC) because of TOR.

Miltiades
11-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Wow, you must have a pretty ancient PC... or simply need a better graphics card. Yeah, my laptop had trouble handling the game as well. It made it not as much fun to play as it later would, when I got it to play on my desktop PC.

adamqd
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Mine ran smooth as Vaders Helmet, didn't lag once, no crashes, constant frame rate. The only problem I had was the chat/communication system needs an overhaul.

mattig89ch
12-01-2011, 12:24 AM
yea I was a weekend tester. : (

oh well, guess i'll do what I did with STO. waited 2 years for the price to drop, and picked up the collectors edition for like 15 bucks