PDA

View Full Version : level brightness

Xarwarz
01-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Has anyone else had times on levels where theres shadows and cant see a enemies right in front of you....hate to mess with my monitor settings

snommism
01-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, there are some "caves" with pretty inadequate lighting and more than once I've run into a mob because I didn't see them...
I believe in full screen you can adjust the gamma, is there any solution for us windowed mode users?

Lynk Former
01-23-2012, 04:14 PM
in windowed mode the gamma is tied directly to your systems gamma settings. For example my gamma settings are tied to my nvidia controls so If I want to change it I have to open that up and fiddle with the settings there... but I don't cause even though some areas are darker than black, the gamma is set perfectly for my monitor...

snommism
01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm assuming that affects the whole computer, so I wouldn't want to do that as I am set up correctly outside of the game.

Lynk Former
01-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Exactly.

Xarwarz
01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
They should fix that or have enimies highlighted in dark areas

DarthParametric
01-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Hrmm, can't say I recall running into this issue. I have the game set to run borderless windowed (same as Lynk and snommism I presume) and my monitor brightness is set to 0. I do have all NPC nameplates enabled though - do you guys having visibility problems have them disabled? The only time I haven't seen mobs is with physical obstructions in the form of walls and such (attacking through doorways being an example).

snommism
01-24-2012, 09:30 AM
I do have all NPC nameplates enabled though - do you guys having visibility problems have them disabled?
Yeah, I guess I should turn them on. A lot of the time when I am running I am also hitting tabtabtabtab, I guess the nameplate setting would save me that trouble XD