PDA

View Full Version : How to find the clothes you want to edit with KotOR Tool?

Tyler Hartman
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
I can find the section to find clothes and stuff but theyre ordered like PMB??? PMC??? and such. Is there a guide to lead me to what i want to find?

Like combat robes would = PMC???.

Kr1ffing_Br1lliant
08-17-2012, 05:25 AM
PMC stands for Player Male Character and I believe PMB stands for Player Male Body , but what I do is just double-click the texture text and look at the image preview. After all there are more variables like light, medium, and heavy armor.

Tyler Hartman
08-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah i open up the previews too i just thought there might be a guide out there that labels all the options to what they belong to so i could make sure i wasnt editing the wrong object because it looked similiar.

Kr1ffing_Br1lliant
08-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Ah. Well I tried looking for FAQs and google and couldn't find a guide like that. Hopefully maybe you can find something.

The only other advice I have is to just by changing the texture and adding it into your override, then testing them in-game by equipping the armor you want to edit; but that is a tedious process :(

Tyler Hartman
08-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Thats what it looks like ill have to do then.

Darth DeadMan
08-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Texture names are very self-explaining (at least for me). Lets take PMBC01 for example.
P - Player
M - Male
B - Body
C - model C (from appearance.2da)
01 - texture number (called texture variation in armor *.uti)

If you need to know what model slot (from appearance.2da) is used for your item, check baseitems.2da (bodyvar column is what you are looking for)

Tyler Hartman
08-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Still not sure about .2da that much but i thinkthats exactly what i needed to know. Cool thanks.