PDA

View Full Version : [TSL] Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters 2.0 (beta)

Trex
12-17-2012, 04:02 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/376/tjmposter.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH6q96zI3cs

WIP (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206041)

What is this?
The Jedi Masters is a conversion mod for Kotor2. Call it a 'total conversion mod' if you like, I quite like 'story conversion mod'.

This will fully mod The Sith Lords and so that it can be played as a completely new story.

This is a Knights of the Old Repubilic 3?

Sort of. This was started many years ago when any sequel for The Sith Lords seemed very unlikely. It acts as a continuation of the kotor storyline, and as such, like a kotor3. It should also be noted that that since work on this began before most of them, this does not accept The Old Republic MMORPG, the Kotor comic, or books, as having happened.

How long is it?

When I recently did a full playthrough (that is, playing the main story and every subquest I could) it took me about 12 hours.

What are it's features?

TJM is 100% voiced. It includes reused and retextured modules from TSL, but also enirely new ones built from scratch.

There are many different planets to explore, and companions to gain. There are multiple endings depending on your choices, and romance options for both male and female characters. There are Jedi paths and dark side paths.

There is even a shapeshifting Jawa!

For more information, I have prepared a basic wiki for the mod. (http://the-jedi-masters.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jedi_Masters_Wiki)

As the title states, this is not the final version just yet. This is a beta. That means there will be some issues to solve, but it is still very playable. I encourage anyone who plays this version to be prepared just in case a crash occurs. I have played it several times myself now, so I can guarantee it's possible to reach the end.

If you play and find any bugs, please post about them in this thread or the WIP so that I may correct them.

Read enough? Here's the download link!

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3015/clickhereg.png (http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/download.html)

Super important note : This mod may replace many things in your override folder. I suggest making a copy of it if you want to keep your current mods for use later.

Installation instructions :

Download the exe and extract it's contents to your SWKotor2 folder. To uninstall, find TJM from your start menu and select the uninstall option.

Alternatively, you can download the two zips and extract everything to the correct folders yourself.

To play, simply start up Kotor 2 : TSL normally then select new game. You'll know if it's worked as the launcher and main game menu will have changed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as I can.

Final words : Feedback is great, but I'm not looking for any suggestions on how to expand the mod further. However, if you want to mod the mod yourself, please go ahead, although ask for permission first.

If you want to knwo if another mod is compatible with this one, PM me and I'll try and give you an answer.

battle111
12-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Wow!! and double wow!!! your mod is awsome !!!!!!! Trex good work truly good work !!!

Dak Drexl
12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Congrats Trex! Will be playing this one tomorrow night. It looks great!

Scorge
12-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow, im really excited to play this, downloading as I type this. :D

logan23
12-17-2012, 06:51 PM
downloading, will play over the winter holidays

punisher914
12-17-2012, 07:48 PM
been following this mod for along time & ROR also very excited to play a polished version of this mod, will be my favotite christmas present. ive been playing the mmo the old republic, what i really wanted was kotor 3 so TJM and ROR might be the closest thing we may get. I want to thank trex and logan for making two incredible mods for us.

p.s. just a helpful hint thats been working for me with big mods like (Tjm) & (Ror) making two override folders is a good idea, i took it a step further and have a cd version and a steam version of the game. It prevents things in other folders from getting messed up like modules, movies, lips, etc. you can pick kotor 1 or 2 for $10.00 each on steam. it usually installs to C:\programfiles\steam\steamapps\common thanks again looking foward to final version.

harIII
12-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Instant download dude, incredible job...

Blix
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Squee! I love it! I also stumbled upon some pixel art of the KOTOR-era characters including KIII ones.

Sith Holocron
12-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Can't wait to get home from work so I can put my computer back together to download this!

punisher914
12-18-2012, 11:58 PM
question for anyone, what resolution should we be using to view the cut scenes/movies correctly ?

Sith Holocron
12-19-2012, 12:22 AM
question for anyone, what resolution should we be using to view the cut scenes/movies correctly ?

Wouldn't that depend on your computer's setup? What is your monitor's resolution (i.e. how many pixels)?

MrBluevelt
12-19-2012, 05:35 AM
I got an "invalid data" error for the file "StreamVoice\GBL\revn\gblrevn235.mp3" when installing the mod with the EXE file, as a heads-up. I imagine it's only one line and thus not a big deal with respect to gameplay, though.

MrBluevelt
12-19-2012, 05:56 AM
One other thing: played the first few minutes, and all of the alien voice-overs and teacher/student voice-overs worked, but so far all of Tsig's lines have been silent.

Trex
12-19-2012, 06:02 AM
I got an "invalid data" error for the file "StreamVoice\GBL\revn\gblrevn235.mp3" when installing the mod with the EXE file, as a heads-up. I imagine it's only one line and thus not a big deal with respect to gameplay, though.

Look like that line is from Revan's global character dialog (the conversation you can have at any time when he's in your party). Let me know if you have any troubles with it.

Bane's Heart
12-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Read on with caution, for there are spoilers for these following planets: Dxun, Onderon, Etti IV, Ship Wreckage, Aperture Facility.

I'm going to compile a fairly large list listing of what I liked and didn't like, with also the bugs that I found during my playthrough. First off let me start by saying... Wow. You weren't lying about this mod's quality and length; it really does feel like an extension of KOTOR 2 and at 6 hours, I'm not even halfway through it.

The voice acting: On some of the main characters it is phenomenal. I love Kannos so much, his attitude, voice and personality really make him a compelling character. Now Kreia was a real stand out. Huge props to whoever did that amazing impersonation of her. Loved the throw back lines to TSL as well. A large mention to the son of Mandalore, his accent and wanting to prove himself made him quite likable.

The unique quests: On the first trials of Freedon Nadd I loved the philosophical take on things. The little side quests on Etti IV were great as well, I loved deciding on who to give the boarding pass to just as I loved forcing a Twilek onto my ship. Which brings me to my next point...

THE EAGLE: This ship is simply amazing. It is incredible and I don't even recognise some of the modules it is composed of. A huge feature that made me very happy was that on completion of some of the side quests, the people actually appear on your ship and are interactable. The size is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand the sheer immensity makes you very proud to be at his helm, with very detailed rooms and on the other hand it makes finding new crew members very tiresome.

The Retextures: While I have yet to experience some of the new modules you have created, Trex, Etti IV had a very unique look even though in some areas (Residential Area) it was glaringly obvious it was from Telos. The Eagle looks very futuristic and unique as well.

Returning Party Members: The reveal of Kreia was shocking to say the least but also made a lot of sense and was frankly quite epic :p. It was nice to see the Exile return and the voice acting did our character justice. Also seeing Atton brought a smile to my face and he sounded similar to how he did before but with a more of a mature perspective.

The main storyline: From what I've seen... brilliant. I can definitely seeing this as being a possibility to the events after KOTOR 2 and there are no plot holes, retconning or simplistic events either.

THE JAWA: Ootata brings such a unique fighting style to the party. Its an absolute joy to turn into a Rancor and force lightning a mercenary :D.

Dislikes

The computer generated voices: Most of these really irk me and take me away from the immersive experience. Notable examples are HK-47, HK-50, The Shadow (an interesting character such as this needs a good voice!) some of the quest givers, Tsig (although I have a feeling this will be explained later) and the Mandalorians (I really miss there harsh British accents in the old TSL camp).

So I guess the positives far outweigh the negatives. But you could count some of these bugs as negatives...

Bugs

Crashed on arrival to Rhen Var (haven't tried again though).

Lip-syncing is a bit off 40 percent of the time.

Grammar and English issues in some parts of the script (if you are foreign, disregard this because you do better than some of our native speakers :P).

Transport blue lines to some modules (notably on Etti IV) don't work until I speak to one of the company guards.

Kind of not really a bug, but some dialogue lines are really quiet so that I can barely hear them.

List of favourite to least favourite planets/locations (so far)

Etti IV
The Eagle
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Onderon
Dxun

Sith Holocron
12-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Could you post the read me file, Trex?

SS4Revan
12-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Two bugs I noticed were on my game, was that when it came time for either Revan or Kannos to speak, almost at the end of there dialuoge, they were cut short before finishing

and on the final battle and when your captured, Tsig is missing her body

Col_Zechs
12-19-2012, 11:57 PM
I can't find all the ship parts on Dxun.

Bane's Heart
12-20-2012, 01:16 AM
I have found a rather huge glaring bug which doesn't allow me to play the game :\.

First of all I finished the end of the Shadow's side quest and received the data from the computer which we then rigged to explode... Then I load up on a planet called Jannack. WTF.

I then manage to make my way back to the landing pad but not before I accidentally pick up a quest in the future, to then return to Coruscant and for the 4th time crash trying to get to the Main Street. I've only been able to get to that part ONCE with a lot of restarting and atm I'm very stuck.

Also the ship parts are found in these locations, Col Zech:

One of them is from the shuttle you crashed on, return through the cave.

One is where you first find the Shadow in the Jungle Depths. It is on his speeder.

One is in the second part of the Mandalorian camp, it is a Star Map and was previously barricaded.

The other one you find from Ootata the Jawa who is somewhere in the first layer of the Jungle.

After you have all those return to the Sith tomb and Ootata should be there. Converse with him to start building your ship (spoiler: IT IS MAGNIFICENT).

Sith Holocron
12-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Downloading the EXE now. I'll be putting this on my old computer so I can try this out and continue to beta-test the M4-78 EP.

Trex
12-20-2012, 05:19 AM
I then manage to make my way back to the landing pad but not before I accidentally pick up a quest in the future, to then return to Coruscant and for the 4th time crash trying to get to the Main Street. I've only been able to get to that part ONCE with a lot of restarting and atm I'm very stuck.

I have some problems loading up coruscant on one of my machines, and the problem was that it is simply very large. I solved it by turning down the graphics settings for the game. Does this work for you?

Sith Holocron
12-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Trex, where are the credits? I'm not seeing them as either a BIK movie, a Word document, or a TXT file.

Trex
12-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Trex, where are the credits? I'm not seeing them as either a BIK movie, a Word document, or a TXT file.

The bik movie for the credits should be tjm035.

MrBluevelt
12-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Made it through the first scene on Onderon, and none of Tsig's lines have been voiced so far. Also, the character who shared the appearance of KOTOR II's Dopak didn't get his line voiced either.

I'd hate to play the whole mod without any voice-over for a key character. Any suggestions? Happy to try making some Override changes manually if you can give me an idea of which files may be at issue here.

Thanks for all your work on the mod, Trex, and for any help you can give me here.

Bane's Heart
12-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Hate to say it friend but it sounds like you downloaded the first version of The Jedi Masters.

Also Trex I don't think that would help. I have a machine that can well handle KOTOR 2 at its highest settings as well as modern games; but in case I will try that.

Col_Zechs
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I have found a rather huge glaring bug which doesn't allow me to play the game :\.

First of all I finished the end of the Shadow's side quest and received the data from the computer which we then rigged to explode... Then I load up on a planet called Jannack. WTF.

Also the ship parts are found in these locations, Col Zech:

One of them is from the shuttle you crashed on, return through the cave.

One is where you first find the Shadow in the Jungle Depths. It is on his speeder.

One is in the second part of the Mandalorian camp, it is a Star Map and was previously barricaded.

The other one you find from Ootata the Jawa who is somewhere in the first layer of the Jungle.

After you have all those return to the Sith tomb and Ootata should be there. Converse with him to start building your ship (spoiler: IT IS MAGNIFICENT).Thanks, found all the ship parts. This is a great mod and has added more life to TSL. Only gripes are the computer generated voices, low volume on some of the voices, and I really don't like the red colored interface. I prefer it to be blue like with the Wesley Blue Interface 2.0 mod.

R2-X2
12-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I must have been absent for way more than a year, and now I see that this forum has still not died completely! Kinda happy about that :D

But I have a question about your mod: How can I use it with the German version? Every text (dialogs, item names/descriptions etc.) is just invisibile (and can't be clicked). In KotOR it worked for everything except item names...

MrBluevelt
12-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Hate to say it friend but it sounds like you downloaded the first version of The Jedi Masters.

Also Trex I don't think that would help. I have a machine that can well handle KOTOR 2 at its highest settings as well as modern games; but in case I will try that.

I don't think I did -- the launcher says v 2.10. And everyone else's lines worked and are fully-voiced (the majority of characters in Version 1 weren't voiced, if I understood Trex's old thread correctly).

I appreciate you replying, though. I may try reinstalling the mod.

MrBluevelt
12-20-2012, 05:17 PM
I reinstalled, this time manually using the zip files. Seems to have done the trick so far, meaning the issue is likely with the installation EXE.

Bane's Heart
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Glad to hear it worked eventually. Make sure whatever you do (atm) DON'T DO THE SHADOW'S OR MANDALORE'S SIDE QUEST! Once you gain enough influence and you do it they are both bugged and possibly game breaking.

MrBluevelt
12-21-2012, 03:32 AM
Glad to hear it worked eventually. Make sure whatever you do (atm) DON'T DO THE SHADOW'S OR MANDALORE'S SIDE QUEST! Once you gain enough influence and you do it they are both bugged and possibly game breaking.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Trex
12-21-2012, 08:11 AM
This should fix the issue with the shadow's quest : www.the-jedi-masters.com/files2/979cor.mod

Just drop it in your modules folder and replace what's there. The problem with Canderous's quest looks like it's a bit more fiddley to solve though. I'll have to fix it another time.

Is anyone else having MrBluevelt problem of Coruscant's mainstreet crashing?

But I have a question about your mod: How can I use it with the German version? Every text (dialogs, item names/descriptions etc.) is just invisibile (and can't be clicked). In KotOR it worked for everything except item names...

I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea. Sorry.

Can the german version be switched to display an english version, or is there no option for anything like that?

MrBluevelt
12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the fix on Shadow's quest, Trex!

So far, other problems noticed:

- During the "Mayor's deputy" quest, a Kreia line was voiced when one of the candidates was talking.
- On Dxun, I wasn't paying attention to the map and because my path wasn't quite "obstructed" enough, I was able to run down all the way to the Ebon Hawk before realizing my mistake. That's hardly a problem with the mod, though (more an issue of my observation skills!).
- The map in the caves on Dxun still has a Korriban marker (Valley of the Dark Lords).

---------

On a more upbeat note (no one wants to have 50 problems pointed out to them with no positives), I'm quite enjoying the game so far. The plot is good, the characters interesting. Kannos' voice actor is phenomenal, and Canderous' solid. And I like the diversity and originality of the party members (a shape-shifting Jawa is pretty inspired).

Really, the only thing that sticks out poorly to me is the computerized voices, because there's no feeling and the rhythm is awkward. As someone said, it ever-so-slightly lessens the immersion factor. I'm wondering: was this to save time, or a response to a dearth in available voice actors? A real shame if it's the latter, as the game is definitely good enough to deserve their talents.

Anyway, in conclusion: thanks for following along with everyone's technical issues, and thanks for making what's been a tremendously fun game so far. I'd been looking forward to it since I heard about it a couple months back, and you've not disappointed.

Col_Zechs
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I have been replacing the in game gui with wesley's blue interface mod 2.0 I have it looking nice now but which file in that mod replaces the top menu that click on to go inventory and character panel? Heres a screenshot of what i'm talking about. All the bad red has been replaced with blue except for the menu panel at the top which is still green.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/DerangedAbominator/swkotor22012-12-2108-31-06-23_zps63bc9316.png

Scorge
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I have been replacing the in game gui with wesley's blue interface mod 2.0 I have it looking nice now but which file in that mod replaces the top menu that click on to go inventory and character panel? Heres a screenshot of what i'm talking about. All the bad red has been replaced with blue except for the menu panel at the top which is still green.

This isn't the right thread for something like that.

Col_Zechs
12-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok sorry. I just thought that mod now being released and the maker of it said this is the new thread for it. It would be ok.

Sith Holocron
12-21-2012, 11:56 PM
How did Zhaboka become "Zhabooka" in the credit movie? I suspect a bazooka's involvement. ;)

MrBluevelt
12-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Having an issue where I can't use the work bench to create the lightsaber on Rhen Var. I have all the necessary items, but the only option it gives me is "1. Leave the workbench" when I click on the workbench. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I closed and reloaded the game three times, and the third time did the trick for me. Odd little glitch.

Trex
12-22-2012, 07:43 AM
How did Zhaboka become "Zhabooka" in the credit movie? I suspect a bazooka's involvement. ;)

Oops. Sorry, Zhaboka.

I might redo the credits anyway. The look quite low res when playing in game to me.

MrBluevelt
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
New (what I presume is a) glitch: it won't let me leave the Senate offices after the Dodonna transmission sequence.

MrBluevelt
12-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Used the "Warp" feature to get out, and everything was fine from there. New issue: when I meet Revan on the landing pad on the return to Coruscant, he delivers the line "I wasn't expecting you to get here that quick," and then the screen goes black. Will try warping to the Slums to see if that works.

MrBluevelt
12-24-2012, 02:15 AM
So, I've just discovered that I skipped over a huge portion of the game and went right to Rhen Var instead of gathering the Jedi Masters. Hmm. This is... disappointing.

I believe it's my fault for seeing Cressa and not going to the Senate itself. Still, it would be better if the game didn't allow me to advance the plot in that fashion prematurely, even though my own oversight caused the situation.

Col_Zechs
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
How come all the movies are pixally like a 1997/1998 computer game?

R2-X2
12-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I will give it a try (I read about some language converter to display english text on other versions, but there were lots of dead links) when I get home next year. Guess the KotOR/TSL scene isn't that fast-paced...

Slstoev
12-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Um, is the Plague Victim NPCs(which is just the same NPC spawned a couple of times) supposed to be able to be farmed for LS and DS points and you can also get infinite amounts of XBoost at some point after using a few.

And btw, in your opinions

[spoiler]Who are the best apprentices?

MrBluevelt
12-26-2012, 04:36 AM

I think that's probably just the limitations of a fan game doing original CGI. I think it's pretty solid, all things considered, but had the same observation.

Couple new issues that've cropped up:

- Accepted Lolma as apprentice, and she's on the ship, but isn't selectable from the party screen.

- Finished the Jedi collection quest except for Vima. Been through Aid Station a million times, but no sign of Vima. Starting to think she didn't spawn. Hmm...

Slstoev
12-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Lol, after the droid wedding I couldn't find HK anywhere and I couldn't complete the Main Quest.

EDIT: Replayed the level and did the MQ before the wedding - it worked! Btw fix some of your textures on M4-78-B, Trex, not the transparent ones but idk if they're supposed to be like that. But my point is that there are bugged textures which don't even display correctly, i.e. I can see the black void. And get a spellchecker to check ALL the dialogue please...

EDIT2: Wait, what!? I have 2 Canderous in my party screen instead of Shadow...

EDIT3: Great, now I got the general in my party and he took the space of one of the Canderouss but I still have Kannos in my party screen and no sign of Shadow still.

MrBluevelt
12-27-2012, 06:31 AM
I've finished the mod, and figured the least I could do is leave a review!

Scope: The scope of this mod is just tremendous. It definitely has an epic feel to it. Part of that is the total number of planets, part of it the ship (more about that later). It's clear you put a ton of work into this, and it shows in a big way.

Planet Number and Variety: As I said, the number of planets is impressive -- and I love that there's variety to their total size. It was a smart move having a couple planets/stations that are only one or a few modules. The "quick stops" create a movie-like experience that's a lot of fun.

The Ship: What an inspired choice to use G0-T0's Yacht as the basis for the player's main transportation. While it could get tedious running around to look for people, it was well worth it. Beautifully done. I also appreciated the attention to detail of using the shuttle to travel down to planets, and the airlock to travel to the station.

Extra Companions: Having people on board that weren't members of your "party," but with whom you could interact, was tremendous and really added to the immersion factor.

Story: This is a great, great storyline. It's totally believable and logical, neither lacking in depth nor overly complicated. Tremendous stuff.

Voice Acting: Some of the voice acting in here is incredible and wouldn't seem out of place in KOTOR or KOTOR II. Kannos, in particular, is just wonderful. There's no "straight readings" with this guy. He clearly thought the character through, is conscious of what each line means, and delivers all his dialogue with flair. Kreia is also wonderful. The impression of the KOTOR II actress is great, and here again we have someone that's not just reading lines -- she's acting. Others that are very solid include Shenna, the Exile, Atton, and the voice actor who seems to do a lot of the "old men" and "authority figures" (Grenn, the Czerka station chief, etc.).

Originality: Choosing between multiple apprentices, having interesting romantic sub-plot options, a shape-shifting Jawa, a big lizard with a sophisticated speaking style, and having so many options for the ending were great and gave the name a very unique feel. Additionally, the way Freedon Nadd was used (including your initial meeting, the trials, the potential apprenticeship) was a welcome surprise.

Dislikes

Voice Acting: Some of the voice acting is... not quite up to par with the Kannos and Kreia performances.

The build-up to finding Revan was epic and very well-done. So, it was doubly disappointing to discover that Revan was... a high school kid doing his best gravelly voice. This is made more glaring because Revan is constantly saying things like "my child" and "I must be pushing 60." Sometimes I would mute it when Revan was talking because it took me so far out of what was happening. There were a number of other voice actors in the game that would seemed better suited to portraying Revan, so it was a strange choice to me.

Another one that "took me out of the game" was Cressa. This was mostly because the lines are delivered flatly, in the same tone of voice no matter what he was saying (he'd make a joke in the same cadence as he would deliver the news the galaxy was about to die), and far too quickly. It almost sounded like the voice actor was running late for something and wanted to blow through his lines as quickly as possible.

Bastila also left a lot to be desired.

Computer-Generated Voices: Some of these, such as Freedon Naad and Tholn, worked. But most of them heavily damaged the immersion factor and did a disservice to the dialogue, story, and dramatic tension. Tsig has such an engaging personality (based on the dialogue) that it's really disappointing she didn't get a voice actress. Her side quest wouldn't have had to be changed either.

Comedic Moments: Star Wars, and the KOTOR games specifically, are known for having light moments to ease the tension, but they're always well-timed and have a certain decorum about them. I felt like most of the comedic moments in the mod came at the wrong time and didn't "feel" like Star Wars humor. The two moments that immediately come to mind are: Revan's "you can all ask me one question" scene on the ship; and Revan saying "with this fleet I pulled out of my ass?" at the Senate. That didn't feel like Star Wars, came at a bad time, and felt juvenile for a venerable Jedi like Revan.

"Emptiness": Some of the worlds feel very empty. There's not a lot of people to interact with (many don't even have the quick little "talk bubble" above their head), and there's a surprising dearth of enemies compared to KOTOR and KOTOR II. Leveling-up can feel almost irrelevant at times.

The Ending: I didn't find the ending very fulfilling. The resolution of the main plot was good, but the "epilogue" fell flat for me. To have the entire scene dominated by Bastila and Carth, two characters that didn't feel central to my play-through of the mod, without a glimpse of the player character (or his other companions), was disappointing. It felt like: "I went through all of that just to hear Bastila prattle on pedantically and then fade to black?"

Final Verdict

This is a terrific mod. There's a lot of bugs to be worked out (I've mentioned several of them at other points in the thread), but as you noted, it's only a beta and it's very playable.

The amount of work that went into this is amazing. It's a great achievement, and you should be proud. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives and I had a ton of fun playing it. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. The storyline's terrific, and it's a satisfying follow-up to KOTOR II after years of it leaving us hanging!

Wonderful job.

JediExile
12-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Congrats, Trex!

I'm downloading the file now. I'm looking forward to checking it out. :)

logan23
12-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Issues/Bugs:
I was playing the main quest for HK-47's planet - the 3 spy droids.

I ran out of the cards and then i told HK-47 that i did kill the 3, he asked for proof where I had to choose- I don't have any. HK-47 then vanished. Don't know where he is and this breaks the Quest.

Other issue with the HK-47 planet quest.
HK-47 tells you they isolated the transmission but you are not told what it is?

So I'm walking running around not knowing how to do this, what am i looking for.
It would be fine if you use up the cards and and be given another way but you are told that either give HK-47 50,000 credits which is basically a wall since it would be almost impossible to get that cash and would i get 5 more cards or one? If one then you still can't complete the quest.

HK-47 tells the player to go back to another earlier save which is bad for 2 reasons.
1- You might not have an earlier save before the time you started the quest which means a player would have to start the whole game over- losing 6-7 hours of game play- this will make players walk away and not finish the game.

2- You broke the 4th wall and actually acknowledge that you are playing a game and there is a save option- this takes a player out of the game.

This needs to be fixed on a game design perspective since you are punishing the player and giving them no options in case they mess up.

Solution:

Lower the cost for cards to 1 thousand or 500 per card.
The price needs to be something where it's a money sink for the player but also allow the player a chance to mess up and still finish the quest. To determine the cost, you must look at the number of these droids that are possible spies and ask if the player went and did a bad job and basically had to destroy all of them, what would the cost per card should be based on what would be the average credits a player would have on them after completing the other planets.

Other Solutions is to have HK-47 to give you a hint.
Or all the player to say forget the rules and destroy the droids till they get the 3. The number you destroy outside of the 3 targets will have an affect or a response from HK-47.
OR Have HK-47 mention which zones would have them and not spread them all over the planet since this leads to a lot of running = boring/tedious activity.

I'm giving you the heads up because If I had no saves before that moment of less then 3 cards and making it impossible for me to finish, meaning I would have to start a new game and lose 7 hours of gameplay, i wouldn't finish the game since I would be frustrated.

Please resolve this.

Easiest way is to lower the cost of the cards if you run out.

Thanks

Slstoev
12-28-2012, 01:40 AM
SPOILER ALERT
Well the logic behind finding the droids is that if one of the droids' values are around 1.0 they are probably a traitor. I think HK should mention this though or some other NPC.

Trex
12-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Back from Christmas stuff!

So, I've just discovered that I skipped over a huge portion of the game and went right to Rhen Var instead of gathering the Jedi Masters. Hmm. This is... disappointing.

I believe it's my fault for seeing Cressa and not going to the Senate itself. Still, it would be better if the game didn't allow me to advance the plot in that fashion prematurely, even though my own oversight caused the situation.

How did you manage this exactly?

Where you just allowed access to Cressa's office right after Revan's speech?

Um, is the Plague Victim NPCs(which is just the same NPC spawned a couple of times) supposed to be able to be farmed for LS and DS points and you can also get infinite amounts of XBoost at some point after using a few.

And btw, in your opinions

[spoiler]Who are the best apprentices?

No, you were only supposed to be able to do the xboost stuff once. Looks like an oversight on my part.

Personally, my favourite apprentices are Rimi and Thassk, but in terms of skill they're all about equal.

2- You broke the 4th wall and actually acknowledge that you are playing a game and there is a save option- this takes a player out of the game.

Maybe that's the British mentality coming through. :)

Honestly, games made by the British seem to have a habit of breaking the fourth wall now I'm thinking through the ones I've played.

I'll make the HK quest a little clearer in the final release and probably reduce the amount of credits he asks for.

I've seen two people now having issues with Vima not being present. Is there anyone who can confirm that they were able to find her on Aid Station?

battle111
12-29-2012, 07:26 AM
l have one question does this mod needs extra space ??

Trex
12-29-2012, 07:28 AM
l have one question does this mod needs extra space ??

I would recommend abouy 2.5GB of space.

battle111
12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
A then it's okay l have free 10.05 gb space tomorow l will try tour mod and your mod looks awsome

Sith Holocron
12-29-2012, 08:24 AM

Trex, might I suggest posting your unique ship models to the Holowan Model Repository (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211532)? Perhaps folks would be able to create higher resolution movies for you were you to do this.

Trex
12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Trex, might I suggest posting your unique ship models to the Holowan Model Repository (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211532)? Perhaps folks would be able to create higher resolution movies for you were you to do this.

Sadly, most of the ships I used were purchased soI don't think I'm allowed to share them. Here's an example : http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/paklet-frigate-poser-obj-3ds-max/86895

The I think the loss of quality isn't so much to do with animations (I did all in HD), it's more to do with the way RAD converted them into biks.

Here's a link to one of the movies before conversion : http://www.mediafire.com/file/ncodl6sm7xy888w/TJM040.mp4

If anyone can convert this to a higher quality than what's in the beta, please go ahead and I'd be happy to send you the rest of them to convert.

Slstoev
12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Trex what about my bugged party screen?

MrBluevelt
12-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Trex, I didn't actually do the Revan Senate speech when I got that glitch. I think I just walked right up to Cressa's office (with Revan in the party) and had the conversation with the guard. Ideally, the game wouldn't allow you to have that conversation until the appropriate time.

Col_Zechs
01-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Where are all the Iridonians with the keys located?

Trex
01-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Trex what about my bugged party screen?

I'll be honest, I've read through your earlier post and have no idea what happened.

Do you know when the second Canderous turned up?

Trex, I didn't actually do the Revan Senate speech when I got that glitch. I think I just walked right up to Cressa's office (with Revan in the party) and had the conversation with the guard. Ideally, the game wouldn't allow you to have that conversation until the appropriate time.

Sounds like something I need to block off in the next release. Thanks for letting me know.

Where are all the Iridonians with the keys located?

1- Jedi temple
2- Lower slums on Coruscant
3- Coruscant landing pads
4- Coruscant mainstreet near slums entrance
5-(the only non-Coruscant one) Etti IV docks. Explore the area full of steam and engineers.

Slstoev
01-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I'll be honest, I've read through your earlier post and have no idea what happened.

Do you know when the second Canderous turned up?

If I remember correctly it happened right after I took Kannos into my party.

On another note, I think it might be caused by some of Shadow's persuasion checks, i.e. asking about his past. I have no idea why this would influence anything though. And most people don't seem to have this problem... I think. He works fine on the player ship though. He's just not selectable after I recruit Kannos and after the "encounter" after finding Revan and Kannos being removed from the ship Kannos himself still stays selectable in the group albeit with his normal lines.

And by the way Kannos has a personal quest!? What personal quest? The walkthrough spoke of it.

logan23
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
The Jedi Masters 2.0 (Beta) Review

For years, fans of the kotor series hungered for a Kotor 3 and Trex has tossed his hat into the arena to bring us his epic vision called Knight of the Old Republic: The Jedi Masters (Beta). This is a total conversion/story conversion which gives us a new story which took me about 16 hours to complete.
Trexís production was started before the release of the Revan Book, and the MMOís details so donít expect it to fit into the established Star Wars Kotor Canon but expect an entertaining story that fits nicely into the kotor1/2 universe. The TJM does use the Canon Male Revan Light side and Female Exile Light side for its foundation of the story.
This is TJM 2.0 and I have played 1.0 as well so this review will also touch on how the two versions are different to help show how Trex has polished and expanded the game.

Story
The story opens up several years after the last game with the Republic broken up into five factions who are not the best of neighbors to each other. The gameís atmosphere is closer to kotor2 then kotor1, because of the way the Syyth (main antagonist) is portrayed. The opening intro helps you quickly know there is a threat, and they are on their way to the known space which helps give that feeling of urgency before the first scene with the PC.
The game has a dark tone with the Jedi being outlawed and the factions looking as if they are on the verge of war over one dispute or another, you will be surprised that there is a good deal of humor in the game. The humor can sometimes be a hit or miss at times due to its placement in the dark story.

You play as Doctor, who is interested in the missing Jedi Revan. During your adventure, you will need to obtain allies on your mission to seek out this former savior of the Republic. During your quest, you will meet engaging characters like Canderousís son Boran, a shape changing Jawa, and an assassin named Shadow. There are some nice twists and a delightful back story that can be discovered by talking to your companions.

While the story in 2.0ís version is longer and more fleshed out, it does lose its sense of urgency around the 2nd act of the story. Version 1.0 seem to have a more dire feel due to a planet annihilation scene. TJM 2.0's tension does pick up in the last few hours of the game as you get to make your way to the final battle.

Design/Gamplay
Once you start playing TJM you will see that it keeps to the basic rules of the last two kotor games which should make players feel right at home. The game quickly introduces you to the main players of the story early on and puts you in a situation where you get the ability of the Force. However, even though itís creative in how it goes by giving the player the Force, it does seem to be a tad rushed, and I would have loved to see more of the Doctor (PC) using his research skills more actively in these scenes.

The game gives you plenty of locations to visit during the game, but at times you can get lost or confused on where to go next. Version 2.0 has Journal entries to help keep players informed on active quests, but you will find some areas seem to have a good deal of back traveling through multiple zones. This can slow up the pace of the game. It is especially present when you go to a returning planet where you completed all the side quests earlier, and you find yourself running through numerous modules just to talk to a Jedi Master and ask for him/her to join you.

TJM's quests in the game can range from engaging to simple NPC asking for you to give an item to one of three NPCs. The HK-47ís main planet quest, the droid romance quest as well as finding a way to acquire back the leadership of the Company on Etti were creative and enjoyable. I have stated in an earlier post about the confusion with the details on how to solve the spy droid quest, but I have been reassured that it will be tweaked for the final release.

Players will be happy to know that Pazaak returns to the TJM game which allows players to take a break from questing and see if they can beat the house.
During your 14 plus hours in TJM you will find yourself wishing there were more creatures to fight and a larger challenge. The creatures you encounter at times seem too weak where a player will find themselves killing them with one hit, which leads to a feeling that your choice in armor and leveling decisions donít really matter. You will find no shortage of loot in the game which is great since you can sell them to merchant and buy armor, grenades, weapons and other helpful items.

The game does a decent job in keeping the Playerís character from feeling like a second fiddle when Revan comes into the picture. This was an issue in 1.0, and it was nice to see it being resolved in version 2.0.

TJM has multiple endings, including the one where you can actually lose, which was refreshing. The endings come down to some key choices during a well done reveal that will make you question what action to do. Knowing there is a ďYou LoseĒ ending based on choice helps add to the tension in these moments during the final battle.

Gameplay
TJM does a good job in capturing the combat in kotor1/2 but with it being fairly easy to kill enemies you can feel like youíre just mashing the same button with little worry about using key Force powers. This is shame since the game does give Revan the wookiee rage ability, and I found myself picking force powers which I normally donít in kotor2 since the TJMís leveling is much slower. Hopefully, the enemyís numbers will be increased as well as the difficulty to allow more tactics to be used in combat and allow us to feel that we can lose a fight if you are not managing your resources.

You will find yourself making choices during quests, but I canít really remember any of my companions chiming in or disagreeing with me, which makes it hard to know am I gaining or losing influence with my companions.

TJM does break up the game play at key points to allow the player to take control of a certain party member as they are performing a separate task while your main character is doing something else. This method is done very well in the game.

Presentation
TJM 2.0 has improved over 1.0 in the texture department, but you will still find some planets to have very distracting environment textures that can pull you out of the game at times. Hopefully, the textures which are transparent can become solid and some can be toned down a bit.

TJM brings in many new locations and situations to help keep the game fresh. Trex does a good job of balancing the number of modules to keep the game large but manageable, but you will find sections where it just seems vacant due to the number of interactive NPCs in the game.

Music in the game as well as the cut scene/bink movies have greatly improved from 1.0. Looking at the TJM 2.0 bink movie files in an outside viewer, you will see some good quality but when viewed in game, there is a loss in resolution. I know this is something that is being looked into so the quality might increase for the final release.

The Voice acting is a hit or miss; you have some great performances like Kannos and Kreia, but then you have robotic computer created VO for human characters. I know that getting VO can be hard, but the robotic ones can at times pull you out of the moment. Hopefully, between now and final release, maybe a few more human voice actors can come in and do some lines.

The overall arcing story is well done, but some might find issue with how some of the established kotor1/2 characters behave. One example that got me to wonder was Canderous's son who looked to be 17-20 years of age. This would make Canderous a father back around or before kotor1. This might have been explained, but I just didn't get enough conversations with Canderous or his son to learn the details.

Final Verdict
TJM is an epic game that aims to do something that in many ways is just impossible to match the level of kotor1/2. The scope of the project is huge and Trex put a lot of work and love into the project over the past few years, and it shows. This game will not satisfy everyone, but if you give it a chance, you will find an enjoyable journey through Trexís vision of kotor3. Just make sure you have some different save files since itís still in Beta and currently has some bugs and glitches. If you look past the bugs and some of the flaws, you will find a great adventure that will give you a reason to visit some of your favorite kotor1/2 characters and meet a few new interesting ones. So grab your lightsaber and take on the Syyth in a major showdown to save the Republic from certain doom.

+ 14 plus Hours of game play
+ Choose your Apprentice
+ Multiple Endings
+ Party Splits up for Tasks- Player controls all Teams
+ New Modules
- Textures can be distracting and some are transparent
- Low Diversity of enemies
- Lots of back tracking
- / + Enemies are easy to kill and game is not very challenging

(- / +) = This means some players might find this a plus while others would see it as a minus

Logan23

bunjeeman
01-04-2013, 08:01 AM
I take it this isn't compatible with TSL:RCM?

CptPriceless
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I take it this isn't compatible with TSL:RCM?

No. TJM is a total conversion mod, meaning there's not much to restore.

Trex
01-10-2013, 07:37 AM
And by the way Kannos has a personal quest!? What personal quest? The walkthrough spoke of it.

It's just a mini one.

I think you need to talk to him about whether or not he has any friends. Pick the right options and he should start talking about someone called Nizzal.

On another note, did anyone try the romance options? I wasn't able to fully try every one of them.

Did the little date scenario crash or was it fine? I had some problems where the person you dated wasn't wearing the correct outfit at times.

SS4Revan
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I had nothing like that happen in my game

Slayer93
01-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Welp, I've just recently completed TSL with 1.8.1 installed so this is the prime time to try this out

Thanks for all your hard work and there must have been HEAPS!

I will let you know how I got on

Cheers!

BloodCarver
02-08-2013, 02:25 AM
I'm about 7 hours into the game and it's fantastic!
Kannos' voice actor? Oh my, I might just be in love :'D I NEED to know who voices him, that person is ridiculously good.

One thing that bugs me is that there are quite a lot of grammatical errors, particularly the misuse of "it's" (=> "it is"). In most cases it should simply be "its", as in "its power", "its words", etc.

Otherwise, great stuff!

Darknoon5
02-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm about 5 hours in, and though this clearly is still a beta, I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for devoting so much time and effort into this.

Trex
02-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Just a quick reminder, reviews are fine, but what I really need to help the final release are bug lists.

Big ones or little ones, go ahead and PM me or add to this thread every problem you found. That includes typos, something not spawning correctly, something facing the wrong way etc.

The more things I get told about, the better the final release will be.

Darknoon5
03-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I'll probably post a review at some point, but for now it will suffice to say I definitely enjoyed this. Some bugs I can recall ( spoilers in the list below):

-A minor one, on Etti IV, a couple of the colonists have the wrong lines (a man has the woman colonists line, and vice versa). Iirc they are the first two colonists you encounter in the retextured telos entertainment module
-The whole of the planet where you find Revan. My force meter kept fluctuating, and I could run through the walls. My PC crashed at this point, and I couldn't reload the save I made on the planet, either, so I had to go back to an earlier point.
-Vima Sunrider did not appear on aid station, but I was able to complete the quest by searching the room and talking to Rimi, at which point she showed up
-Revan appeared in the senate as though he wasn't already in my party, even though I had with me in my party, thus there were two Revans
-Quite a few convos feature the wrong character speaking a line of dialogue.
-I'm not sure if stuff like clipping is something you wish to address, but most discussions with Tholn have this
-Again, I am sure you are aware of the issues with lip syncing, but this is quite a common problem. On that note, the exile does not open her mouth for many of her lines
-Towards the end of the game, I had to reload a save as I could not enter the senate as the exile the first time I tried this
-I'm not certain this is a bug, but I wasn't sure what exactly happened in the "sacrifice self" ending. I ended up killing Kannos as Revan, but got an ending where he (Revan) survived.

SS4Revan
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I had those same bugs

Malak1147
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
So my problem is like this...

I'm at the aid station, and I can't find Vima anywhere. I got all the stuff from her room. (Checked her storage container, got Rimi lightsaber and toy, got everything.) I don't even know where this "command center" is.

The thing is that I had already recruited Vimack/Rimi as my apprentice before even getting to the aid station. I've tried talking to her about her past, but it's just the same old dialogue with no new options.

Do I have to restart the game, or is there another option I'm missing.

ataruwolff
04-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Will this work with Kse savegame editor?

LordofCain
04-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Looks like a really awesome mod, would like it to be installed at once from one file though (instead of downloading 5 different files)...

SITH LORD 872
04-23-2013, 03:15 AM
Finally, The mod i have been waiting for, Amazing job, Installing KOTOR 2 as we speak, Can't wait to play TJM, You have done a amazing job!!

Darknoon5
04-28-2013, 08:34 AM
So my problem is like this...

I'm at the aid station, and I can't find Vima anywhere. I got all the stuff from her room. (Checked her storage container, got Rimi lightsaber and toy, got everything.) I don't even know where this "command center" is.

The thing is that I had already recruited Vimack/Rimi as my apprentice before even getting to the aid station. I've tried talking to her about her past, but it's just the same old dialogue with no new options.

Do I have to restart the game, or is there another option I'm missing.Yeah, that bit is weird and bugged. I can't remember exactly what I did, but you can find some stuff in a room and then talk to Rimi on the ship. Then Vima shows up and says she'll help. Or something along those lines.

Darth-Gir
06-11-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm having the problem with vima, i looked through the aid station at least 20 times and no sign of her, i was wondering am i doing something wrong or maybe an installation problem happened and she wont spawn?

Christos K
06-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Is this the final version? It still says beta.

LazyAmerican
07-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Anyone care to post mods they've used in conjunction with this? I'd love to dive into this...but I'd rather not wind up with a huge mess of incompatible shenanigans either. In particular would USM or high level force powers work here?

Christos K
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
USM would probably be incompatible. Force power mods should work fine but I would install them AFTER isntalling TJM.

milestails
07-30-2013, 08:42 PM
As a rule of thumb, always install super, mega, ginormous mods first as a base from which to install smaller mods on.

You can then see where compatibility issues resonate.

Codeluke
08-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Great mod, but I did encounter an error on M4-78 where HK-47 vanishes after I tell him that "I don't have any evidence" in regards to the main quest that prevents me from continuing in the story.

Muklin
08-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Encouted a Bug. Cannot get to main street on coruscant. crashes everytime?

01. In a attempt to delete the mod I activated steam to update my game and verified my files.....it updated one file. I then load the game back up, the mod was still active and decided to try again. this time it worked! maybe the file or maybe luck? lol

02. Having made it to main street i ran to find the memorial......the game seems stuck after Mandalores speech to his ppl :(

....Alas, it seems that the main street bug is still there, occured on leaving my apartment and the senate

Mandalore478
09-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Just started playing, but I found two bugs so far. The big one is that the game crashed after I left Onderon and I was shot down. The second bug is that the leader of The Company's lines kept cutting out before he finished talking. Game seems good so far besides those two things though.

Wedge Suron
09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Just started playing, but I found two bugs so far. The big one is that the game crashed after I left Onderon and I was shot down. The second bug is that the leader of The Company's lines kept cutting out before he finished talking. Game seems good so far besides those two things though.

The latter is something that I noticed a lot, not just then.

Mandalore478
09-14-2013, 10:49 PM
There is a huge bug on Etti IV. I was trying to defeat the guard droids in the apartments for the Czerka subquest, but none of them would die. They would go to 1% life and then they would become invincible. Is there a fix for this?

Edit 1: I was able to complete the quest by using a stealth field generator. Hope that this helps someone!

Wedge Suron
09-15-2013, 05:37 AM
I noticed that too.

Mandalore478
09-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Hmm... It seems that I now have two game-breaking bugs. First off is that I now have two Kannos' and no Shadow. Second is that it appears everytime I try to recruit a second Apprentice it replaces the first one (I recruited Lolma first and then I tried to recruit Boran and he just replaced her. Tried using the other two but the same thing happened.) If there is a fix for either of these things I would love to know!

Wedge Suron
09-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Hmm... It seems that I now have two game-breaking bugs. First off is that I now have two Kannos' and no Shadow. Second is that it appears everytime I try to recruit a second Apprentice it replaces the first one (I recruited Lolma first and then I tried to recruit Boran and he just replaced her. Tried using the other two but the same thing happened.) If there is a fix for either of these things I would love to know!

First one happens occasionally to me, doesn't always happen. It sorted itself actually, Second one is a new one on me.

Mandalore478
09-16-2013, 09:50 PM
First one happens occasionally to me, doesn't always happen. It sorted itself actually, Second one is a new one on me.

Hopefully it'll fix it's self in the future. Guess I'll load a previous save and see if I can fix the apprentice issue. Yay for a hour of backtracking...:xp:

Nirone
10-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I've found a bug when I try to leave Freedon Nadd's tomb. The door is just a black spot, and I can't leave.

DarthPlastic
10-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey, just thought Id share my bugs
-Vima not showing up at aid station, preventing you to take vimack as a DS apprentice
-After recruiting Lolma, she will show up on the Eagle but she does not appear at party selection
-Invincible droids in ettiIV
-When you sacrifice a certain person for a certain sith, you cannot exit the tomb
-Canderous sppech crash

Got a few more but those were the major ones

Invotis
11-05-2013, 07:06 PM
In the tomb where HK-47 and Canderous spawn you can't switch to Canderous at the beginning. Doing so will get you stuck in a room without doors. Stick to HK-47 and Canderous will spawn next to you in a few seconds.

I read somewhere that the Mandalorian quest and Shadow's quest are bugged. They said it would make you unable to complete the game if you completed their quests.

Gamebreaking bug:
At the endgame after you've been in the tomb with HK-47 and Canderous you have to search for escape pods with the doc. I opened the door to the engine deck with my lightsaber. When I go in the screen just goes black. I can open the menu, hear my lightsaber activate, but I can't see anything.

EDIT: Just noticed I can take another door to the right. That's it. Maybe it's better to lock the door that causes the bug.

LiliArch
01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
I registered just to be able to write in this topic, and then I mess up my display settings and can't find anything... urgh.

Anyway, to business:

I've found a bug when I try to leave Freedon Nadd's tomb. The door is just a black spot, and I can't leave.
If I'm not perfectly wrong, that happens when you load a savegame that has been made after Freedon Nadd tells you to run away if you can, but before you actually get out of the tomb (...obviously, otherwise you wouldn't try to leave the tomb). Happened to me, anyway. Loading a savegame that has been made BEFORE you talk to Nadd seems to work all right.

A sort-of-a buglist I have found:

Coruscant: Mical says he will be on the ship, but he doesn't show up there (or maybe I'm just blind, hmm).
M4-78-B: I also seem to be unable to mess up the reactor on M4-78-B... or at least was before I tweaked the console's .dlg file (though I'm really green at modding, so I might just have messed things even more...) You might want to check the condition for "Press random buttons". It looks... weird. I mean, if there is an item called "m4thefs", where it is... and why there is a global called "mettheffs", if it's not used anywhere?
Rhen Var: The lightsaber you build in Rhen Var, if you follow the path of the Jedi, doesn't have a colour crystal (or whatever it is called, the piece that gives the colour of the blade, anyway). If it's intended to be that way, it would be nice to have a mention of it in that lightsaber's description. I mean, it's not a big deal, just a bit confusing.
Etti IV: Canderous doesn't give his "enemy worthier than Revan" line when you talk with the mandalorian merchant on Etti IV asking him to come to Coruscant.
The Eagle: Every time you check that security record, which has Revan saying "Yes, Canderous?", a new lightsaber-carrying Canderous wearing only underwear appears next to Revan.
The Eagle: And every time you talk to Rimi after she's out of the cage, a new instance of her appears around that cage. I haven't checked if it is a particular line of the conversation that causes this, or is it only talking to her, though.
Miscellaneous: VO/ST mismatches here and there, at least the mandalorian on Coruscant landing area and one of the mercenaries on Jannacks (can't remember which one, and I'm not able to check right now) say perfectly different thing than their text line says. Also, for some really weird reason, the subtitle of Revan's "you have approached me" (the first thing he says when you talk to him when he is in your party) doesn't show up.

I have a feeling I forgot something... well, I'll re-report, if I remember what it was and/or if I find something new.

//Edit. Ah yes, of course. Let me continue...

Janacks: So, it was Janacks with single n, not Jannacks with double n, and they are iridonian soldiers, not iridonian mercenaries. My bad. Anyway, the one who talks rubbish is their commander, the first time you talk to him. Something about heading down to the main street or something that sounds much like the greeter on Coruscant.
The Eagle: Looks like my first assumption of "Rimi cloning herself" -case was wrong. It's not talking to her. Or at least, it's not only talking to her. I got three instances of her standing around the force cage without talking to her at all after getting Master Vima on board. So, at this point I'm totally confused here.
The Eagle: When you use Star Map to get to the Aperture station (or whatever its name is, the GenoHoradan station anyway) the map tells you that you have arrived Telos.
Coruscant under attack: There is a Republic soldier standing on the landing area. Talking to him triggers the same conversation that should actually be when you have fought your way through the slums, and then ends up as a black screen with only cursor in it.
End scene (epilogue): The epilogue after "persuade Kannos to sacrifice himself" doesn't have player's responses, causing Bastila to have a monologue where she answers to questions no-one is asking.
Miscellaneous: Ootataa's shapeshifting force powers are called "Bad StrRef". Missing string, I guess...
Miscellaneous: "Force Scream" appears twice in level up screen.
Miscellaneous: Map problems, though you probably know that already, but as they cause me running around in circles trying to remember which direction I was going, I guess it's worth mentioning here. Some maps miss totally, some are quotation marks, and some (Coruscant landing area & main street) are simply misplaced... I mean, most of the time I'm walking on area that seems to be outside the map, or at least the walkable area of the map.

I guess I should tell that I did a manual installation, not with the .exe installer.

Col_Zechs
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Where do I download the latest version of the Jedi Masters mod?

Trex
02-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Where do I download the latest version of the Jedi Masters mod?

The latest version of the mod is still the one in the first post of this thread.

TheWildMeek
02-13-2014, 11:57 AM
CAUTION MAY CONTAIN SPOILER

i can't seem to move on in the game because i cant leave my ship when i travel to apeture station and deep space wreckage. anyone else encounter these problems?

Obi-Wan Bologna
02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm excited for this, but I think I'll wait till it's out of beta.

Trex
02-13-2014, 05:36 PM
CAUTION MAY CONTAIN SPOILER

i can't seem to move on in the game because i cant leave my ship when i travel to apeture station and deep space wreckage. anyone else encounter these problems?

When docking with a space station or similar, you exit via the docking hatch. It's located at the top of the map in the ships right wing.

TheWildMeek
02-14-2014, 10:53 AM
When i go to get a specialization from freedon nadd it freezes the game and i have to close it. is this because i already got a specialization from ulic or just a glitch?

Trex
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
When i go to get a specialization from freedon nadd it freezes the game and i have to close it. is this because i already got a specialization from ulic or just a glitch?

Yeah, I'm guessing it's because your trying to do both.

In the final version you won't be able to get specialization from both.

the_raven
02-20-2014, 04:23 PM
eh, downloading 963mb is kinda irritating, but people say it's worth it, so I'll do it. just for the record though, maybe using torrents or something similar would be better?

ok, I've downloaded, installed it, ran the game. the game crashes after the two aliens speak and the ships cutscene ends. what gives?

doru133
02-22-2014, 07:51 AM
why Bastila,Hk-47 doesn't appear on the ship?

Trex
02-22-2014, 08:56 AM
ok, I've downloaded, installed it, ran the game. the game crashes after the two aliens speak and the ships cutscene ends. what gives?

Have you tried it more than once?

Do you see the short movie with the ships, or does the game crash before that?
If it crashes before, does changing your games' video settings work.
If not, does deleting TJM036.bik from your movies folder help?

why Bastila,Hk-47 doesn't appear on the ship?

Are the other characters you recruit such as Exile showing?

Replaying the parts where HK and Bastila join your party might help.

maltron66
02-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Ookay, noob question:
I've decided to play this mod (apparently), but here's what I don't know:
Do I have to install KOTOR 2 and then the patch and THEN this mod? I mean, do I need the patch for KOTOR 2 in order for this to work?

Trex
02-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Ookay, noob question:
I've decided to play this mod (apparently), but here's what I don't know:
Do I have to install KOTOR 2 and then the patch and THEN this mod? I mean, do I need the patch for KOTOR 2 in order for this to work?

Do you mean Kotor2's patch or them mod's patch?

If you mean Kotor2's patch, then yes I'd recommend using it before installing this mod.

maltron66
02-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Do you mean Kotor2's patch or them mod's patch?

If you mean Kotor2's patch, then yes I'd recommend using it before installing this mod.

Yes, I meant KOTOR 2's patch. So, there is a patch for The Jedi Masters as well?

DAFFYDAFFY1
02-22-2014, 08:23 PM
I saw this on another website called villainousviews.com/.Is it the same mod?
It seems to come in six parts.

Trex
02-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Yes, I meant KOTOR 2's patch. So, there is a patch for The Jedi Masters as well?

There's a small patch earlier in the thread to fix one of the quests.

I saw this on another website called villainousviews.com/.Is it the same mod?
It seems to come in six parts.

Villainousviews is my animation site where I had the older version of the mod hosted. The new version is on www.the-jedi-masters.com. I just haven't got around to tidying my animation site yet.

Col_Zechs
02-23-2014, 08:53 AM
I want to add some player heads with portraits but the files in the mod are named differently. Can you tell me what I have to renamed them to to get the downloaded portraits and heads to work?

Col_Zechs
04-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Has the Jedi Masters Mod 2.0 been updated recently?

Trex
04-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Has the Jedi Masters Mod 2.0 been updated recently?

Not for a while. I'm still awaiting some voice acting lines before I go through the final pile of bug fixes.

PR3D4TOR
04-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi,

I just started the game and i can not talk to Boran after inspecting the ship/doing the tomb stuff. I need to collect parts and Boran may be able to help but he does not say anything new to me. Just tells me where the cave is and how his father became like that and 1 other option but no actual help on how to get to the jungle and so on ...

EDIT: Are mods compatible with this mod? Like 90SK Super Content Mod, Force mods and Ultimate Saber Mod?

Xlampaxloupas
04-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Do you need any more "voice actors", because I would be glad to help!

Trex
04-29-2014, 07:33 AM
Hi,

I just started the game and i can not talk to Boran after inspecting the ship/doing the tomb stuff. I need to collect parts and Boran may be able to help but he does not say anything new to me. Just tells me where the cave is and how his father became like that and 1 other option but no actual help on how to get to the jungle and so on ...

Hmm. Hopefully this is just a glitch. If you can load up a save from in the tomb and play from there, that might fix it.

Hi,

EDIT: Are mods compatible with this mod? Like 90SK Super Content Mod, Force mods and Ultimate Saber Mod?

Some mods will certainly be compatible. Sadly I don't have an official list yet though.

Looking at three you mentioned, they may all work but I can't guarantee anything.

Do you need any more "voice actors", because I would be glad to help!

Thank you for the offer, but everything has been cast at this point and I'm only waiting for one person to get back to me with their lines.

After that, it shouldn't be long before the mod gets a final release.

visualmnm
05-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I don't even know if I'm replying the right way but here it goes. I've downloaded the 2 zip files of TJM 2.0, I'm using the steam version of kotor 2 and I've put in all the extracted files into my override. When I start the game it has Revan on the side and it has kotor 3 the jedi masters on it all in red, so that looks good. Everything looks good with character creation including new portraits, outfits and red coloring. When I finish though the game freezes on the loading screen.

annaanimus
05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
my friend played this game
this was the general result
http://www.twitch.tv/thevikktor/c/4193121

you can also watch him play the entire game

Christos K
05-07-2014, 01:18 AM
^Not sure how to respond to that post. It seems to be disrespectful in nature but hidden behind the fact you are linking to a post of you "friend" playing it.

annaanimus
05-08-2014, 12:03 AM
^Not sure how to respond to that post. It seems to be disrespectful in nature but hidden behind the fact you are linking to a post of you "friend" playing it.

It shows him playing the entire game, I'm simply stating that the game bugged out so much that he started getting so frustrated as to put up stuff like that. He had over an hour of game time where it was completely bugged.

Christos K
05-08-2014, 12:24 AM
I wish your friend and yourself the best of luck in your spelling classes. I know four letter words are quite difficult but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. b - e - t - a. And no not the fish

annaanimus
05-08-2014, 01:31 AM
I wish your friend and yourself the best of luck in your spelling classes. I know four letter words are quite difficult but I'm sure you'll get there eventually. b - e - t - a. And no not the fish

It's really **** for a beta, everything about it is ****. The storyline is a ****ing atrocity. D'arth Syyth? Jesus.

And Trex said it would have a final release real soon, but okay.

L0ki194
05-08-2014, 03:18 AM
It's really **** for a beta, everything about it is ****. The storyline is a ****ing atrocity. D'arth Syyth? Jesus.

And Trex said it would have a final release real soon, but okay.

If you and your friend don't like it then just go and whine to each other, not here. And so what if it's buggy? It's a Mod, and Mods can get buggy. Deal with it. Don't come here and waste your time complaining about it.

Phildevil
05-08-2014, 07:04 PM
That's why there are beta, to find bugs and correct them and in this case, I was under the impression the story would change too. I personally don't have a lot of interest in this particular project, but I think if you try-it and do not like-it, either you try and be constructive about how it could be changed, or you stop using-it and uninstall-it. No need to bash on a project like you do.

Sith Holocron
05-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Your vote of "no confidence" has been submitted. You can move along now.

LDR
05-08-2014, 08:47 PM
As a beta tester, I have to point out that this is leaps and bounds better than the original mod. Does it have flaws? Yes. Does that stop it from being a good mod? Nope. It's quite fun to play. You need to realize that projects such as story conversions require a lot of work and effort to complete.

Oh, and it's a beta.

mimartin
05-11-2014, 12:45 PM
If you have constructive criticism submit it, but quit the non-constructive criticism.

Gavaroc Fevinor
05-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Oh my my my, I missed the moron parade? Shame.

Nonetheless, for a work created by one man in his spare time for no profit, I should think this is pretty darn amazing.

My kudos to the rest of the new voice cast, by the way. Proud to be among them.

Col_Zechs
05-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Is there any way to change the exile in the Jedi Masters 2.0 Beta Mod from female to male?

Sith Holocron
05-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Is there any way to change the exile in the Jedi Masters 2.0 Beta Mod from female to male?

The only thing Trex is waiting for his final version are lines from one person then he's releasing it. Just imagine the effort it would take to create all new dialogue for all the characters that refer to the Exile. Then after you imagine that, just think about how difficult it would be to get all the folks that originally voiced those lines to record new ones.

Trex - and I freely admit that I'm guessing here - probably wanted to make the use the Exile's canon gender. [Note that I didn't say "cannon" because in this instance, that would wrong. So many people seem to misuse the word on Star Wars forums. (http://deadlystream.com/forum/blog/28/entry-75-blog-4-canon-versus-cannon/) But I digress. . .] If that's the case, the Exile being set as female is intentional.

visualmnm
05-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Can someone please help me with my problem? I checked the forums and I didn't see it once, and the startup seemed fine.

Darth Rampasan
07-27-2014, 09:58 PM
So I have played through most of the mod now and I have to say that I love the storyline. This is what I wanted from a new game after I finished kotor 2. However I seem to have gotten stuck on the part of the game where I need to collect Atton as a jedi master. When I approach him he talks to me as if I am the normal exile from kotor 2 and just wants to play pazaak. Im not sure if I have done something incorrectly ingame or if this is a bug. Someone please let me know if this is an error on my end. Also another thing I noticed is that the iridonian commander when you first enter their base on Janaxks says the dialogue of a republic soldier on Courusant. I loaded an earlier save and replayed to check if the issue happened again and it did indeed.

So far this is an amazing mod and I appreciate all the effort put into its production. Keep up the good work! :thmbup1:

PS. I saw in a thread from a while ago that voice actors are needed. As that was awhile ago Im not sure if that is the case but if you need a male voice for something PM and I could do that!

Mawrak
08-01-2014, 12:43 PM
I think I have found a game breaking bug. For some reason Vima Sunrider is not on Aid station. She is just nowhere to be found. So cannot complete the quest. Darth Vimack acts weird, on aid station she refuses to follow the player as companions should. Also sometimes when I enter my ship she doublicates herself inside the cell or nearby it. So now I have a bunch of Vimack's clones. They all talk the same lines as the original one.
Is there a way to somehow cheat and auto-complete this quest, or maybe to spawn Vima so I will be able to talk to her? I really like this mod, I am enjoying it, and I dont want to replay it from the old save (It is very old, I did a lot of things after I checked Aid station for the first time. I just thought that I just dont understand what I need to do to find Vima, so I decided to do this quest the last one). If not, is there theoreticly a way to use Kotor Tool to fix it (for example to place Vima somewhere).

Col_Zechs
08-03-2014, 11:33 AM
The only thing Trex is waiting for his final version are lines from one person then he's releasing it. Just imagine the effort it would take to create all new dialogue for all the characters that refer to the Exile. Then after you imagine that, just think about how difficult it would be to get all the folks that originally voiced those lines to record new ones.

Trex - and I freely admit that I'm guessing here - probably wanted to make the use the Exile's canon gender. [Note that I didn't say "cannon" because in this instance, that would wrong. So many people seem to misuse the word on Star Wars forums. But I digress. . .] If that's the case, the Exile being set as female is intentional.

Well can you keep it in mind and possibly add a male option for the Exile please? I never take control of female NPC's in games. It just isn't proper. I liked the Exile being male in Kotor 2 and it would have been better if he was given a voice and not just dialogue lines.

NinkoKotOR
09-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Not sure whether it is a bug or something else.

I downloaded both of the zipped files and installed them, but while playing the game barely any of the voices show up, just the dialog. Now I don't know if there is supposed to be voices for them all or if I downloaded the wrong thing.. Anyone know what to do here?

Edit: I have fixed the problem! Thanks anyway!

Sith Holocron
09-24-2014, 02:38 PM
I have a weird question. Why does the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic look like he needs a shave? Someone get him his stylist, stat!

Wedge Suron
09-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Well can you keep it in mind and possibly add a male option for the Exile please? I never take control of female NPC's in games. It just isn't proper. I liked the Exile being male in Kotor 2 and it would have been better if he was given a voice and not just dialogue lines.

I already asked him about changing the Jedi Exile to her canon name, but he said it would take redoing several lines of Dialogue. What you want to do, is for him to re-dub ALL of the lines with a male and create a new character on top of that. No doubt, he's not willing to do anything that would push this great mod back even further. Unless it's bug related.

Super Saiyan 4 Revan
09-25-2014, 05:19 PM

There's always Revenge of Revan if you want the Exile to be a male, this would be the true Canon version if Kotor had continued.

JHawk99
10-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, I seem to have encountered a potentially game breaking glitch on Rhen Var. After completing my Jedi training with Ulic and returning to the G-Wing the cutscene for leaving The Eagle plays and after that the screen will go black leaving me stuck on the planet.

bobcat224
11-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I know this is likely a problem on my end, and I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but after the rolling yellow text (in all star wars things) and the first cutscene that starts out with....red stuff I think, it crashes. I say red stuff because I see what looks like red lightning and the game crashes after that.

Mikaelo83
11-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Hello.

I played the game last year (in May). When I was at the HK-47 Factory, I don't know if it is a bug or what, but I can't complete the mission. I don't remember it very well, sorry, but I think it was something like destroy some robots that have a sequence. When I speak with HK-47 he dissapears. It is a bug or what, because I don't know how can I pass the level.

I'm Spanish so I don't understand very well the lines. It is posibble to translate the lines into Spanish? I know it is a hard work, but a lot of foreign fans like me would love it =)

Last question: when will the final version be released?

Thank you.

duffman4892
11-25-2014, 04:40 PM
I read on the website for this mod to post any problems I have here. I'm stuck on the market section of Etti iv and at the part where the Ebon Hawk is under attack. Here's the problem. I can't transit anywhere. I can't go to the docking area or anywhere. The icon to transit anywhere doesn't even come up. Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to do something in the market in the market area? Please help

DaggerDX
11-27-2014, 05:52 PM
I just found this mod and am really looking forward to playing it through.