PDA

View Full Version : Random freezes requiring hard boot

Chevy7530
11-25-2000, 01:45 AM
I have a 1000MHZ AMD Athlon processor using the Asus A7V motherboard, 512MB of ram, Annihilator 2 Ultra using the GeForce2 Ultra Chipset with the latest drivers, SB Live Platinum with latest drivers, and Im using WINME as the operating system. The game will only play from 1 to 10 minutes and will then freeze up. After freezing I have to reboot the computer using the reset switch. I have tried Directx 7 and 8 and all sorts of other suggestions such as disabling the sound acceleration, disabling advanced features and other things, but still I have yet to accomplish anything to get this game running at all. Any help you could give is greatly appreciated.

Rufio
11-30-2000, 02:54 AM
for once my lower end system is better than those new fangled SPEED demon machines!!

i feel great knowing that, and im sure that u need to run in d3d rather than open gl!

------------------
(.'``'..'`'..,.,..'`'..'`'.)
`..*NewFoundGloryBoy* ..`
(`'..'`'..''`'`'`'..'`'..')

I have a theory about ants. I figure that if I step on every ant I see, then eventually by natural selection the ants will evolve to avoid me. It may take a few million years, but I'm patient.

I have a similar theory about voting against the presidential candidates who equally annoy me, but they evolve even more slowly.