PDA

View Full Version : Guybrush's Beard

OzzieMcConnell
11-15-2000, 03:00 AM
What ever happened to Guybrush's beard, long hair and his bubblegoose (well big-***ed pirate jacket anyway)?

In MI2 Guybrush was a crazy s m a r t a s s kind of character but does anyone think hes changed into more of a fool nowdays? http://www.escapemi.com/forums/eek.gif

Let's here it:

[This message has been edited by OzzieMcConnell (edited November 15, 2000).]

Rufio
11-15-2000, 03:48 AM
in mi2 guybrush was more of the matt damon or brad pitt of the adventure game only he was a really lucky and not too bright. that by far was his best role, he now is sort of being turned into a cute nerdy kinda guy, whick is ok i guess but not as good as the handsome ladies man he was in mi2.

------------------
(.'``'..'`'..,.,..'`'..'`'.)
`..*NewFoundGloryBoy* ..`
(`'..'`'..''`'`'`'..'`'..')

lets cancel school, what you dont know cant hurt you if nobody knows it either

brief
11-16-2000, 03:17 AM
In CMI, he mentioned that his beard just didn't work well for him.

As for why LucasArts chose to make him look different after MI2, I wrote my two cents about it in "He's not the guybrush we use to know!" thread of the General Discussion forum.. See if that makes sense to you.

------------------
"Show me a man who's gentle and kind, and I'll show you a loser."
-Meet the Parents

Blue_cheese
11-16-2000, 06:27 PM
Well, I think in CMI LA wanted a more "cartoony look" so they made Guybrush look like that. Also if Guybrush had Dominic Armato's voice acting in MI and MI2 I garuntee you would have had thought of Guybrush as a goofy type person. In my opinion he is goofy in the other two.

Rufio
11-16-2000, 11:56 PM
they should do a 10yr annaversary edition of monkey island and add digital sound and voice to it, how coool would that be?

------------------
(.'``'..'`'..,.,..'`'..'`'.)
`..*NewFoundGloryBoy* ..`
(`'..'`'..''`'`'`'..'`'..')

lets cancel school, what you dont know cant hurt you if nobody knows it either

OzzieMcConnell
11-17-2000, 03:33 AM
Yes that would definately be great