PDA

View Full Version : Our Holiday Gift To You...

Aristotle
11-21-2001, 02:23 PM
In the spirit of the upcoming holidays... it's evident that YOU, the forum goers deserve a holiday gift. Your continued loyalty and enthusiasm for this site has done nothing but make it stronger by the month. As a result, we're happy to offer a holiday gift to our readers.

What kind of gift do you ask? Here's the scoop...

Think about what you as a community would like to see provided (within reason) from this site, for Jedi Knight II.

For example, would you like us to run a contest with LEC, (trivia on the history of Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, etc) where LucasArts would provide one or two winners with signed copies of the game?

Or would you like to put together 10-15 very well thought out questions to present to LucasArts and Raven where you, the readers would put forth your own interview, which we would publish.

Would you like to see a few exclusive new screenshots? Perhaps from a particular angle, or displaying a particular move or force, weapon, etc?

Obviously these are just a few suggestions.... and no, don't ask for ALL of them.. you know what Santa does with greedy children. :p

Once a majority of you come up with what you would like to ask for your holiday gift, and once it's presented to us, we'll work with LEC to try to make it happen. Odds are very good that if it's reasonable and possible, you can look forward to it.

We're going to try to put something similar together for GalacticBattles.Com as well... so keep an eye out over there as well for details.

Discuss this among yourselves.. and please try to use this opportunity wisely...

Hope everyone has a happy Turkey Day.

Philbo
11-21-2001, 02:30 PM
Once again, you know what I do with greedy children. ("Anybody hungry for some Forum-Goer-Chunkies(tm)?")

Personally, I don't know what I want to see. I don't care about previews or screenshots or new news or anything. It just adds to my expectations, and could ruin the game for me later on.

What I want is a real "Screen of the Week". I know I've mentioned this to the Jedi Council once, but for some reason, it still only gets changed once in a blue moon.

And maybe we could get a models page and the LucasArts' concept art somewhere in here too, maybe in the screenshots section.

MJR PAIN UK
11-21-2001, 03:06 PM
Would asking for a demo to be released before christmas be to much!!!

Vagabond
11-21-2001, 03:09 PM
Well, this is kind of outlandish, but it would be really cool: have a random drawing of forum members, and the lucky winner gets to appear as an easter egg in one of the Jedi Outcast levels. That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it? :cool:

Agen
11-21-2001, 04:04 PM
Yeh nice one VagaBond but AGGHHHHHH i can't choose...
But to be kind to us all i'd woudl choose osmething that everyone would enjoy!
what'd u guys think... the top one is abit much as only 1 or 2 people get the game and it'd be said for others..... LEt's think carefully!! CAREFULLY!!!

Sarcastic Saint
11-21-2001, 04:05 PM
Or draw 5 to 10 randomly and sent them a free copy of JK2.

Anyways new screenshots are always welcome....but seems somewhat lacking....i wouldnt call that a present. :D

How about a new vid-clip?? that would be nice.
Perhaps showing how "this and that" gets designed....for example a piece of a map we havent seen yet and then show how its being build from the ground up and perhaps show how you add enemies....which is a good way of giving a little sneak preview for some of the models being used...etc etc. (doesnt have to minute by minute nor does it have to become a huge vid, but you get my drift right)

Well just some thoughts. :)

StormHammer
11-21-2001, 04:25 PM
Hmmm...some really good ideas there, and I'm really torn between them. :(

So I'll come up with another one to throw into the mix... :D

How about releasing a prequel story to Jedi Outcast, detailing what happens to Kyle inbetween MotS and JO? The story could be released in chapters all the way up to the point the game is released, so you'll have a nice little novel on Kyle's exploits?

That would give every gamer a good solid background to the events preceding the game.

Just a thought. ;)

StephenG
11-21-2001, 04:31 PM
i would like to see a nice BIG hi-res in-game movie. showing off the saber moves and showing force powers. i know there are some movie from E3 but i want one from LEC. Remember: nice and BIG!

Wilhuf
11-21-2001, 04:43 PM
I would like to see Galactic Plumberman appear in Jedi Outcast as an 'easter egg.'

http://www.speakeasy.org/~jbmiller/AF/gpm.jpg

Or some other JK2.net-related easter egg. An easter egg would be a great present because it would become a permanent part of Jedi Knight history.

Agen
11-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Hows about u put all our names on the credits :D
But i guess lec wouldn't be too happy.
So what about u give out a high res vid..
yeh u know what i mean..
And i used to be a lurker at OWK.net and Galactic Plumberman would be a great Easter Egg!

Aristotle
11-21-2001, 05:11 PM
Full "in-game" high res vid of JKII in action is already a done deal... so don't waste your request on that one...

***that's all I'll say on that front***

wardz
11-21-2001, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't be fussed either way. The signed copy sounds good but that wouldn't be much of a team effort. Forget questions, they will be answered in the videos. A picture tells a thousand words

mmmm. For once I can't think of anything to say.

wardz

nykel007
11-21-2001, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking, real hard. Some pics would be nice a new vid would be even nicer. :D Something to keep our eyes busy until the snow melts.

Vagabond
11-21-2001, 06:11 PM
Good one, Wilhuf - Galactic Plumberman as an easter egg. If it can't be one of us, then no other is more deserving than he, may his immortal soul rest in peace. Never have so many owed so much to so few...

Obi Kwan
11-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Here's what I think; I think the JKII.net administrators should get some nice tees printed up with the jedi knightii.net insignia on em. It would have to contain original art and such, but it would be a cool thing for the forum members to be able to purchase. Then you could draw names and give a few of em away for free. :p

StormHammer
11-21-2001, 07:42 PM
Yes, very good, Wilhuf. How could I have forgotten Galactic Plumberman? :eek:

*hangs head in shame*

It would be nice to see him somewhere in the game...and maybe unlock the ability to play the game with a Lightplunger! :D

Agen
11-21-2001, 07:47 PM
I was thinking when i was doing a crap.....We could have a vid and show us ound raven studios or jsut jk2 department.
And see what they're doing.. or we could make could a vote, Next jk2.net vote... eh?
Just ideas

wardz
11-21-2001, 07:50 PM
play the game with a Lightplunger!
and use Force Unblock Lavatory.

slaps stormhammer

How could you forget, it says you are from the galactic plumberman alliance. tsk tsk

; )

wardz

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: wardz ]

bsbuckeye21
11-21-2001, 07:56 PM
I don't think I'd want this as our only option, but consider this...

We could have a JK tourney (controlled by the veteran of this, Wilhuf) and the top 5 players (or however many) would rightly win the chance to play against Raven once the game has been released. Then if a forum goer would win, he/she would get a free copy of JK2... uh wait, they would have already had that. :p Uh, something special, if playing the developers isn't enough.

(PS - Is demo recording [call it whatcha like] confirmed for JK2 yet?)

Darth Simpson
11-21-2001, 08:03 PM
Hmm, tough decision.

Personally I think a gameplay video would be great, so we get to see a little of the flow of the game.

I like the easter egg idea too, a little Galactic Plumberman can never go wrong. Or even a forum member.

It would be nice to see him somewhere in the game...and maybe unlock the ability to play the game with a Lightplunger!

Hey, when Canoli and the guys over at the TFN Games Forum can get a Force Boat into Galactic Battlegrounds, I think we should get our Plumberman in JKII. ;)

StormHammer
11-21-2001, 08:14 PM
wardz...LOL :D

Thanks, I have now regained my senses, and dutifully Force Unblocked my Lavatory in homage to my mentor. ;)

Agen
11-21-2001, 08:26 PM
I seriously wonder what Raven think about you guys and a plumber

DeathBoLT
11-21-2001, 08:28 PM
bsbuckeye
We could have a JK tourney (controlled by the veteran of this, Wilhuf) and the top 5 players (or however many) would rightly win the chance to play against Raven once the game has been released

I definately would NOT want to try to get into a JK tourney.. JK is truly hack ridden these days..

hacks are made faster than the ahp(anti-hack patches) can be developed to counter them. and the hacks im talking about are barely detectable.

between that and the whining about rules(which have grown to become pretty thick) it'd really be no fun and not be worth even a free copy of JK2.

since a hi-fi video is on the way im not sure what to ask for..

maybe there could be questions to ask(that aren't covered by the video), covering the balancing of the force so that there are counters to potentially devastating powers(i.e.lighting and grip) in mp, multiplayer hosting(zone or dedicated servers), etc..

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

wardz
11-21-2001, 08:36 PM
Deathbolt,

You are far too untrusting my friend. We are not like that here. If we were to stage an event it would be a closed tournament, open only to us JKii.netters. This isn't some free for all!

wardz

matt--
11-21-2001, 08:37 PM
http://www.cafepress.com

You upload pictures and create a "store" with t-shirts that you can buy. It's FREE. Will an admin set it up so we can buy t-shirts?...I would feel guilty

Agen
11-21-2001, 08:44 PM
LMAO good idea...
quickyl signs up for selling his spoons

sanpilou
11-21-2001, 09:01 PM
:mad: WHAT ID LIKE IS A DAMN DEMO!!! :mad: .............. ;)

SotE_Xizor1
11-21-2001, 09:15 PM
Here's what I want. A demo by Christmas. That's all I'd want. If that can't happen, and that's a big IF, I'd want LEC to hold a drawing where the first 100 people to enter get a free copy of JKII! But they MUST be registered at lucasarts.com to win. And, finally, I'd also want my own personal interview of as many questions as I can think of in an hour with Brett Tosti of LEC, and with Kevin and the other person from Raven Software. That's all I want.

I'd mostly want a demo. Otherwise, I'd want the copy. If you can't get it free, tell them NOT TO SELL IT AT $50!!! I'd prefer them to sell it at $15-20. I can't get it AT ALL if it's $50
:mad:

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: SotE_Xizor1 ]

OnlyOneCanoli
11-21-2001, 10:03 PM
How about a JJAG (tm) cameo? :D

Or maybe instead of saying

VERY SPECIAL THANKS
George Lucas

at the end, it could be JKII.net instead of George Lucas. ;)

ed_silvergun
11-21-2001, 10:49 PM
Personally, I'm against the idea of a competition. I'd rather see something that all forum-goers can enjoy. Some sort of easter-egg or something like that would be great. As Wilhuf said, it would then become a part of Jedi Knight history.

I think we should steer clear of asking for more gameplay movies, screenshots, etc. as we're bound to get these sooner or later anyway. Instead let's go for something that we couldn't normally have. A mention in the credits or a JKII.net easter-egg would be perfect for this.

What we could do, for example, is open a thread in Valley for 24 hours, and simply say, anyone who posts their real name in that thread within the 24 hour limit gets a mention in the credits. This would be a good way of finding out who the regulars are, as there are plenty of people who are registered but rarely post. To be honest, I don't reckon that many people would post, and the font doesn't need to be huge, but just for our names to appear in the credits under "special thanks" would be great.

StephenG
11-21-2001, 11:17 PM
^
great idea!

SotE_Xizor1
11-21-2001, 11:17 PM
The more that ask for a demo means that there's a greater chance of LEC and Raven releasing a demo sooner........

digl
11-21-2001, 11:18 PM
I agree

shots and info would be nice, but all the world would get them and we will have the game anyways in a few months

But an easter egg would be there forever
what about a secret room where the nicks of the forum regulars are posted all over it?

Frosty_V2.1
11-21-2001, 11:42 PM
^
Yea, a room on Y4 or a Jedi temple as a hidden memorial room/shrine with Yoda...and then us, the loyal forum goers(well I prob wouldn't be in it since i'm a newbie but still).

Of course a demo would have to be the best present for everyone.

DeathBoLT
11-21-2001, 11:50 PM
wardz, if its just for JKii.net then I'm not worried about hacks..

but u might as well just give it to the people who actively played competively and could call themselves the cream of the crop of jk players... *ego expands to dangerous levels* just to name one of them, me :D

the casual players of jkii.net would get shafted in that form of competition..

i could go for a easter egg type deal or a mention of the forum regulars in credits

:)

Vagabond
11-22-2001, 01:56 AM
digl, excellent idea! Let me polish it up a bit - imagine this:

The setting is an uncharted world during the dark of night, with twin moons casting an eerie light down on the jungle world below. Kyle has stumbled upon ancient ruins, not viewed with sentient eyes for thousands of years. It appears to be some sort of burial chamber - a mausoleum. Kyle enters, and recognizes the forgotten Jedi glyph carvings from ages past.

Inscribed on the walls is the tale of a band of lost Jedi marooned on this world, and made it their home. While watchfully protective over the primitive, native inhabitants, the Jedi mostly kept to themselves, except for the village elder whom they tutored in the ancient Jedi writings.

Life was tranquil, until one day when an army of slavers made planetfall and started rounding up the natives for export off-world. The Jedi came to the natives' defense. Hopelessly outnumbered, the Jedi knew it was a fight that they could not win. A ferocious battle ensued, which was merely a diversion while a pair of Jedi covertly sabotaged the slavers' drop ships so that they couldn't lift off.

What Kyle read next aroused a conflict of both pride in the Jedi and shame in his own cowardice. With no hope of escape or victory, the Jedi prepared themselves for death and serenely stood their ground against the slavers' barbaric onslaught. The text continues, telling how the battle raged for many hours until finally there was silence. As the smoke cleared, most of the slavers lay dead, and those remaining fled into the jungle in fear for their lives from the more numerous natives.

Cautiously, the somber natives made their way out to the battle field, seeking the bodies of their slain protectors, yet the only remains were their robes and lightsaber handles.

This resting place, the text concluded, was built to honor those, not of this world, who would die so that we might be free. By spilling their blood in defense of this place, they become of this world, and we are forever indebted.

After a moment of reflection, Kyle explores further into the chamber, discovering the Jedis' final resting place - several dust-smothered sarcophogi. Inside are the remains of each Jedi - their robes and lightsaber. And inscribed on each sarcophogus is a name...

digl
Krayt Tion
Vagabond
Wilhuf

OnlyOneCanoli
11-22-2001, 03:30 AM
Although I don't like the idea of being dead ( ;)), that's a great idea. That idea will get my vote unless some better concept comes along, which I doubt.

JediKnight_114[b]
11-22-2001, 03:40 AM
Hell, yeah, I love the idea of our names being on a shrine or something in the game. That would totally rock.

Onother Easter egg idea would be for a computer terminal - there's gonna be a few I'm guessing - to be the jkii.net homepage, or the names of the regulars with the jkii.net background. Something subtle but cool.

Of course, my other choice if they won't put our names in the game, would be a demo by christmas.

But the names in the game is the coolest idea.

GonkH8er
11-22-2001, 04:20 AM
Having all our names would be a bit time consuming and...... disappointing for many. There's no way they could get everyone's name in there, let alone all the regulars..... and even if it was a select group of people, someones going to p-o'ed that they didnt get their name in. A community based easter egg would be good, like a jkii.net banner or the old jediknight.net one..... displayed somewhere, maybe on a billboard in cloud city.

As for screenshots, if we were to get them, I'd have to say I'd really like to see some more character shots, like close ups of our enemy, or Jan Ors and Luke. Also, some new saber fight screenshots. The only ones we have are from back when we had the dodgy blur effects. I'd love to see some new duel shots, or perhaps some more tasty TD explosions.

My personal suggestion is that it's somrthing everyone can enjoy, not just 1 or 2 lucky winners. I think the prize needs to be for the whole community, for the great job theyve done and will continue to do, and not just a couple of people.

How about riddles? Perhaps the jkii.net team (i guess that would include me........ damn) or LEC could make up riddles, and once the answer is guessed, a screenshot is released, dedicated to the person who guessed the answer to the riddle. Perhaps run it over 3 weeks, and the more riddles are answered, the more screenshots are released (well...... dedicated anyway :))

Just a thought. I'll think up some more later. I just got home from camping and I'm buggered......

JediKnight_114[b]
11-22-2001, 04:58 AM
I thought the idea of a 24 hr forum where whoever signs their real names, get it put somewheres in the game. Don't sign up before teh forum closes, you don't get put in.

skyler
11-22-2001, 05:07 AM
any kind of easter egg that represents all of us jk-netters is a great idea. it would make us part of the game,so to speak. my 2nd choice is having a demo out soon :D

Nemios
11-22-2001, 05:50 AM
Me too thinks that something for all the comunity, like an easter egg, is better. I like the idea of names but, like others said, the would be A LOT and LEC would never insert them all, so someone would be disappointed. Instead a logo or something like "Many thanks to the JKII community at <A HREF="http://www.JediKnightII.net"" TARGET=_blank>www.JediKnightII.net"</A> on a wall in the game would be a nice present.

(A demo early is a nice plus. hint! hint!)

Sarcastic Saint
11-22-2001, 06:28 AM
Ok how about if you fill in a special name (when you start the game) and then when you switch to 3rd person you can see something like ; "JKII.NET" or "i visit the jkii.net forums"....or whatever printed on Kyles' back.
As long as it's related to jkii.net or to these forums and/or its members. :D

just a quick thought...it's early here so be gentle.

PS; i also like vagabonds idea.
And yes a demo would be rather a nice present for X-mas.
If ya dont like anything....then go with the demo. :D

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Darth Sarcastic ]

Millions o' Monkeys
11-22-2001, 06:31 AM
I agree with gonkh8er. Even though you all want your name put seperatly, everyone knows thats impossible.

So maby something like a Billboard somewhere saying something like
"Thanks to all you jk2 netters out there for all your ideas and support"

nykel007
11-22-2001, 09:24 AM
I lke the idea of the print on kyle's back. I change my mind I WANT A DEMO!!. The shrine would be great Idoubt my name would be there :( but a good idea.

ed_silvergun
11-22-2001, 09:55 AM
I still don't think we should ask for screenshots, gameplay movies or even a demo. We'll get all of those sonner or later anyway, and they'll lose their significance once the game has been released.

Also, I don't see that there would be any difficulty in getting all our names in the credits. You know how small the names of all the extras are printed at the end of RotJ... like the troopers and Ewoks. Our names could all be put in like that in the end credits. Or even better, our names could all be on the walls in one of the secrets, a bit like Vagabond suggested. Of course you can't get everyone in... somebody will always be disappointed. But if we gave sufficient warning and said "okay, this coming Sunday there will be a thread titled whatever in Valley of the Jedi, everyone who's interested post your name there before whatever time on Monday morning, and you get a mention in the credits", I can't see a problem with that. Remember, whatever we decide, there will always be somebody who won't like it, but I think this is about as close as we're gonna get to pleasing everyone.

wardz
11-22-2001, 10:05 AM
In theory tht sounds good. But it should be for the regulars, not just so any tom, dick or harry turns up signs their name and then buggers off again.

Something along those lines would be cool, but the idea needs refining.

Forget demo and pictures, everyone will have access to it and it is not very community based.

wardz

StormHammer
11-22-2001, 11:23 AM
I agree that it should be for the community.

I'm not so worried about seeing my name somewhere in the game (although it might be nice). As others have said, someone will always be disappointed. That was a nice scene-setter, though, Vag. ;)

That was why I had the idea for the background story - it would be there for the whole community to enjoy, and stand the test of time. Although I understand there would be a lot of work involved in that, so it might not be viable - unless people like Vag, me and some others contributed. ;)

I also agree that it's a little bit pointless asking for screenshots, or a demo, because we will eventually get them anyway. A contest would again leave a lot of people disappointed.

Although I love the idea of Galactic Plumberman making a cameo appearance...a large number of people now in the community would not understand the joke, because it originated at OWK.Net (RIP :( ).

A more general easter egg, perhaps, like thanking everyone at JKII.net might be more acceptable. Or perhaps a secret area you can only unlock by typing in your forum name.

The only other alternative I can think of is to give every NPC/Droid you come across a name...and have those names randomly generated from a list of registered forum members. The name could appear as a tag over their heads, or something. That way you could populate the game with the actual members.

Nemios
11-22-2001, 11:48 AM
The print on Kyle's back seems the best to me currently. Let's improve this idea...
Maybe LEC could insert a multiplayer skin that refers to JK2.net so we could always identify ourselves when we play worldwide, something like "JK2.net proud member". Sure, probably someone would eventually make it but if it comes with the game it would be a big THANKS from LEC & Raven themselves (maybe it could replace Kyle's default skin when you launch the game with a "-JK2NET" parameter in command line). What do you think?

SotE_Xizor1
11-22-2001, 12:01 PM
I almost like the idea of it being on Kyle's back, but then only ONE of us would be mentioned. I still think a demo's the only good idea. If Raven and LEC doesn't want to ruin any surprises to all of us, they'd probably make the demo some "member only thing" at their site, so only the website's members can see it. Also, do I see Jedi Outcast's demo at lucasarts.com in their ftp for demos and patches? It's either that or Outlaws.

Agen
11-22-2001, 03:01 PM
Vagabond's idea woud be great but people would be disappointed because osme peole might onyl isgn up after.... but putting our names in a forum that's only on for 24 hours seems cool but i mightb e on holiday so someone please sign my name up if i'm gone. Also Stomrhammer's idea about utting in yor forum name is great and it could give us extra (stars?) force powers or something cool... but we'd have to put in pass...
and only first 700 (or a bit over) get it....... that'd be cool or we could put our names in a forum or osmrhing......... but i think what aristole meant was osmeinfo or osmething anyway theyr'e really cool ideas.
Anyway

Kumba
11-22-2001, 03:06 PM
How bout a Massassi temple where the statues inside are US! :) MRJ Can map it, that drunkard mofo. ;)

JediKnight_114[b]
11-22-2001, 03:45 PM
how bout only people with 50 or more post can sign up. That would distinguish the regulars for the most part. And how bout a wall in the game, like on Coruscant or something, honoring all the fallen comrades of the New Republic. All the names of course, would be ours. That, way, it isn't a huge project like statues, it's something discreet, and it's a huge thank you.

digl
11-22-2001, 03:52 PM
I still don't think we should ask for screenshots, gameplay movies or even a demo. We'll get all of those sonner or later anyway, and they'll lose their significance once the game has been released.

I agree
Vagabond`s idea is cool, but like Terminator says only a few could appear. Im still voting for a secret room with names or maybe the names in the credits
The problem would be choosing the names
Maybe if the idea is approved both by us and by LEC, you should ask them how many names they allow, and based on that the selection is made based on antiquity and number of posts. I dont mean to include only people with lots of posts, but to exlucde old members with no posts and include newest members who do participate in the forums
What do you think? and you raven and lec guys? I know you are reading this!
you said youd have a more active participation in the forums now so come here and post something!

Agen
11-22-2001, 04:10 PM
Remember they could simply use a font and print it on a map because i'm sure jkii.net has a list of all the forum members and this is simply cop and paste and then they could jsut put it in a mat (if that's what they're calling them in jk2) and put in a secret area... and there for all to see.
I just thought of this and this way then all the forum members ever can be on it...
dismiss people who haven't posted in over 2 months....
It could be a simpe wall with all our names..
What abotu it evey1?

wardz
11-22-2001, 04:45 PM
I think some people are getting a little carried away. We all want a team effort and by putting individuals' name on a wall or credits (although it would be nice to see my name) is NOT a team effort. Some people will be left out, some people who don't deserve it will get theirs put on.

So, I think we should be happy with thank everyone at jkii.net.

This is supposed to be a token gesture from LEC - not making out as though we are partners with them and Raven.

I hope you understand what I am saying

wardz

Agen
11-22-2001, 04:51 PM
good point................ arie (can i call u arie?) said things liek questionss and prizes not to be in the credits or part of it... but yet the glactic plumber man and a demo are good ideas if not the wall writing then i chosoe demo!

Alan
11-22-2001, 06:48 PM
Well, this is my 33rd post, but I'm a regular of this forum -- I just don't post as often as some.
So, out of both selfishness and common sense, I think the said banner with JK2.net on it is the most general mention of JK faithfuls and yet secluded to this forum -- and therefore the best idea.

Any JK fan should be reistered here, after all... ;)

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Hitman ]

ed_silvergun
11-22-2001, 07:13 PM
I hear you, Wardz, about excluding some people, but I do maintain that whatever we do, someone will complain that a) it wasn't what they wanted, b) their name was missed off, c) they weren't consulted, d) the saber's the wrong colour, e) the troopers' toe-caps are the wrong size and f) they never wanted the bloody game anyway. These people are just angry at the world because they're not getting enough. :D

Agen
11-22-2001, 07:24 PM
it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep eveyone happy as it's impossible.
I was thinking what about all the skins having OFFICIAL JK2.NET MEMBER on back and u have to put in pass to get it....
and then u'd be recognised but i recall it was a treat info question screens or whatever not really cookies in-game

Kumba
11-22-2001, 07:50 PM
Outrage did this really cool thing with Descent 3. They let people send in pictures of themselves (like 64x64 i think) and whenever that person talked in the game they're little picture would appear. That could be cool in Jk2.

Agen
11-22-2001, 07:51 PM
Now that is one hell of a great idea!!!

Lion Heart
11-22-2001, 10:31 PM
Holiday gift hmmm....

Another couple ideas...

1. The official FAQs on the LEC site being updated more often / another JK2 chat event that would come up sooner then scheduled.

2. More interation with LEC on the forums.

magnum
11-23-2001, 02:32 AM
I have thought about a mixture between the ideas already posted:

The idea is to put our names in a secret area, or/and recognize us in games:

To get the forum's regulars the only thing that The Council people should do is (assuming that ubb uses a sql database) something like this:

SELECT nick, email FROM users WHERE posts > 5 AND date < XX/XX/XXXX

That way they'll get the wanted names to send to Raven / LEC. Then Raven / LEC should put harcoded in the game a special code (other than the game registration key), that will be mailed only to us, or put back in our personal data in the forums.

In multiplayer mode, after we input the code, a special overlay text (I think that is better than a skin that can be copied, anyway) will appear whenever one of us logs in a game. Can say the Member number, or whatever we please.
Example "The Proud JKII.net member #66 is here!" :D

What do you people think?

EDIT: spelling... Meesa english is Bantha Poodoo

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Magnum ]

Nemios
11-23-2001, 06:13 AM
I agree with the fact that there are many old members that post not so much. For example I was a lurker for a long time for many reasons since OBK.net (Galactic Plumberman? LOL! Finally that was a charachter from Racer2 but we didn't know. And Jar Jar Alphabet? Hehehe).
Sure I would be excited to see my name in the game but it is not in the spirit of a community. I still think that a default-skin-replacer activable by command line is still the best idea. It can be copied and extracted, but this is not important. The important thing is that it is there, sold with the game, to thank us all. Who would play with such a skin other than the real members of this community anyway?

cossack1812
11-23-2001, 10:28 AM
How bout just a skin that has JediKnightII.net written on it

Or NPCs that walk by and when you bump into them, say "have you been to the JKO forums lately?"

Or just some really really stunning shots showing of the various locations we can go to.

Lord_FinnSon
11-24-2001, 11:20 AM
I think that simple text like "Thanks to all of you wonderful forum members at JediKnightII.net! May the Force be with you!" during End Credits is still the biggest and most memorable gift we can get... :D

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Lord_FinnSon ]

Zekk Dawkins
11-24-2001, 09:10 PM
One belives the idea of a line on the back of his shirt is cool, but the line in the credits would be noticed more than if it was a members only thing.

acdcfanbill
11-26-2001, 05:04 AM
something with thanks to JKii.net would be great in my book... or we could make LEC to promise Outlaws 2 :D

GonkH8er
11-26-2001, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill:
<STRONG>or we could make LEC to promise Outlaws 2 :D</STRONG>

Maybe we should make LEC promise to let someone else make Outlaws 2 :D

nah, that's a bit harsh :)

digl
11-26-2001, 02:52 PM
when I first noticed a reply from you gonkh8er I thaught it was one of those one line revelations
It wasnt :(

StormHammer
11-26-2001, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Gonk, maybe that was a bit harsh.

Although LEC did decide to get Raven on board for JK2, and Bioware for KotOR. It depends on whether they have a team geared up for an FPS...

acdcfanbill
11-27-2001, 12:06 AM
ANYone doing Outlaws 2 would be cool :D

StephenG
11-27-2001, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill:
<STRONG>ANYone doing Outlaws 2 would be cool :D</STRONG>

Outlaws was a great game. I hope that they make an Outlaws 2 and a Full Throttle 2.

acdcfanbill
11-27-2001, 04:39 AM
full throttle was good too!!! hope Sam & Max 2 for PS2 (i hear the rumor) will be good... speaking of it, anyone heard anything else about it?

StormHammer
11-27-2001, 07:48 AM
Okay, here's a brief rundown of the suggestions so far...

1. Screen Of The Week
2. A Demo
3. Prequel Story
4. Easter Egg in the game...
a) forum members in game
b) secret shrine of forum members
c) new Kyle skin with jediknightii.net logo
d) Galactic Plumberman
5. Random Draw for copy of JK2
6. Member Names on Credits
7. Tee Shirts with JKII logo
8. A 'Thank You to JediKnightii.net' somewhere
9. Member pictures while chatting?
10. Ask LEC to make Outlaws 2.

That list is getting quite long, people...

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: StormHammer ]

GonkH8er
11-27-2001, 10:25 AM
Sam and Max 2 is for X-box i believe

sanpilou
11-27-2001, 10:58 AM
DEMO!!!

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

Kwup
11-27-2001, 02:49 PM
1. Screen Of The Week (X-blah)
2. A Demo (!!!)
3. Prequel Story (maybe)
4. Easter Egg in the game... (*snore*)
a) forum members in game(X - too prejudice, unless I'm there of course ;))
b) secret shrine of forum members (X)
c) new Kyle skin with jediknightii.net logo (X)
d) Galactic Plumberman (?)
5. Random Draw for copy of JK2 (Too expensive)
6. Member Names on Credits (mebbe)
7. Tee Shirts with JKII logo (er...if I saw someone wearing that I'd kick their ass)
8. A 'Thank You to JediKnightii.net' somewhere (not bad)
9. Member pictures while chatting? (sweet)
10. Ask LEC to make Outlaws 2. (please, god no!)

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: RaoK ]

wardz
11-27-2001, 04:21 PM
Why are you quoting it? We can see it already..

wardz

StormHammer
11-27-2001, 04:59 PM
Er...wardz, he's quoted with his own responses attached. ;) Perhaps if he'd switched off bold it would be a little clearer.

It might be better if everyone just picked their absolute favourite idea from the list and posted that as a response.

Unless it goes to a poll, of course. ;)

wardz
11-27-2001, 05:22 PM
oh ok, sorry wasn't paying attention, just got back from school.

I think a site poll would be better, a bit more organised and it would show the results a little clearer.

wardz

Zekk Dawkins
11-27-2001, 08:15 PM
one would have to put as one's reply the thankyou to Jediknightii.net would be noticed by people more than if there was a secret shin or something.

Zekk Dawkins
11-27-2001, 08:19 PM
sorry about the spelling...
eiter shrine or skin, both would work. People finding the shrine will not know what the names are, and they wouldn't care for the skin.

Kwup
11-27-2001, 08:21 PM
how about a monkey skin complete with a bobbing head?

StormHammer
11-27-2001, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by RaoK:
how about a monkey skin complete with a bobbing head?

I think you'll have to do a mod for that one. ;)

ed_silvergun
11-27-2001, 09:50 PM
Er... I think asking LEC to make a whole new game might just be pushing our luck a little too far...

DeathBoLT
11-27-2001, 11:10 PM
a site poll for something of that orientation would be too easy for one person to vote a bunch of times for one particular choice

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

DeathBoLT
11-27-2001, 11:30 PM
1. Screen Of The Week
Only temporary enjoyable - screenshots will mean nothing by Feburary 2002(release date?)

2. A Demo
I'd like this, but I worry that this is too big of a request.

3. Prequel Story
A maybe - the game might already have one that will come with it

4. Easter Egg in the game...

a) forum members in game
Regulars might get shafted when they happen to be on vaction the week that they're taking down names.

b) secret shrine of forum members
That might work.

c) new Kyle skin with jediknightii.net logo
I personally wouldn't enjoy this very much...

d) Galactic Plumberman
This pertained to OWK.net, and most JK2.net regulars would have no idea where this came from. The only faces that I remember that were regulars on OWK.net were Kurgan, wardz, stormhammer, and a few others.

5. Random Draw for copy of JK2
Only a few will be spared on getting the shaft from this one.

6. Member Names on Credits
Again, someone is going to be on vacation when they're taking up names..

too expensive, unless we pay for them, and in that case, i wouldn't put up some cash for something I'd probably be embarassed to wear in public.... ;)

8. A 'Thank You to JediKnightii.net' somewhere
this would probably work as well

9. Member pictures while chatting?
it could work

10. Ask LEC to make Outlaws 2.
I am not active on this board because im a fan of outlaws2.. i'd rather keep the gift limited to jk2 relevant stuff..

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

digl
11-28-2001, 03:41 PM
I agree with most of your points
2. A Demo
I'd like this, but I worry that this is too big of a request

I think the same of number 1 goes for this one, "only temporary enjoyable"

About 4.a and 6,the list should be made in other way, something like Magnum said,

SELECT nick, email FROM users WHERE posts > 5 AND date < XX/XX/XXXX

Kwup
11-28-2001, 03:46 PM
Demos are more enjoyable than anything I can possibly imagine, except maybe monkeys

just think of it, I have owned UT for about 2 years now, and I still have the Demo on my PC
also, I have q3 Demo, RTCW MP Test, AvP2 Demo, and even the tribes 2 demo(not worth installing the full game)

in fact, the only full games I have installed are Tribes 1 and Asheron's Call :eek:

acdcfanbill
11-28-2001, 06:05 PM
too expensive, unless we pay for them, and in that case, i wouldn't put up some cash for something I'd probably be embarassed to wear in public....

embarrised to wear in public??? i would wear it with pride, i always though a tee shirt with a lambda symbol forl HL would be cool too... anyway, why would you be embarrised from a jkii tee? i have this ugly nasty SotE **** witch had Xziors face on the front, i mean it may even scare little kids off, and i do get some $hit over it, but i still wear it, what do i care what other people think?

Kwup
11-28-2001, 06:07 PM
please tell me your not serious?

the thought of a JKII.net shirt is kinda lame, sorta like a walking billboard

just a JKO shirt wouldn't be bad, but fansites != merchandisers

Vagabond
11-28-2001, 06:43 PM
Eh, different strokes for different folks. For me, personally, if I were to desire an item of novelty clothing, it would be a body suit that made me look like I was naked. Oooooh, the humanity... :cool:

Agen
11-28-2001, 08:20 PM
if I were to desire an item of novelty clothing, it would be a body suit that made me look like I was naked. Oooooh, the humanity...
I have one of them (don't ask how) like a swimming suit and sore on the ass to make it look real. don't ask aobtu the privates.
PS. i fell in the river with it on.

Kwup
11-28-2001, 09:47 PM
so umm...

what were you doing wearing a naked costume around in public?

Lion Heart
11-29-2001, 12:31 AM
This thread has gone to 'cool' to stupid.

zimmerman
11-29-2001, 12:49 AM
The arrogance of the populace of this board is amazing to me.
Any reference to jediknightii.net or its members in the game as an easter egg or otherwise is a slap in the face of all fans of of the dark forces and jedi-knight series.
How is any of the rest of the community of JK players any less worthy of mention than the "regs" of this forum? I've known some of the greatest players, movers and shakers in this community going back since the original Dark Forces Fan Club on AOL. Of course anyone getting their name in the game is going to make them happy. But what the HELL for? For being a fan? This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. It makes my blood boil. I would smack somebody for suggesting this to me. ESPECIALLY if it was going to include me (of course, this wouldn't, this is my first post here)

You people act like you're drunk on your self-worth. You make me ashamed to call myself a gamer.
--
Apparently an old man, kiddies.
I hope I dumbed this down enough for you milktoasts.

From Vagabond: Welcome to the forums, Leonard Zimmerman, and as this is your very first post, I'll instruct you to not call names, lest I be force to again weild my EditingSaber TM on you. Heated debates are welcome here, but we keep them respectful here...no name-calling. Thank you for your cooperation.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

LilDrumLad
11-29-2001, 01:00 AM
Leonard has a point people. If you ask me, it's quite ridiculous to have names in the credits or something like that. What did anybody here do to deserve their name in the credits? Or anywhere else in the game for that matter.

I know that I definitely would not ever use a skin that said "JK.net" or whatever. Anybody could make one of those. Why would you want to play with it though?

PaladinGuy
11-29-2001, 01:35 AM
Aw shut up ya (Zimmer).
Let the kids have their fantasies.
I doubt LEC would ever put fan stuff in the game. If they did, I'd hate them for it, but I can't blame the players and fans for wanting a small spot of fame so they can say to their friends "look look".

But hell, like that will EVER happen.

I just hope the damn game is good.

From Vagabond: Just removing the name-calling. Please refrain in the future. Thank you.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

Celestial
11-29-2001, 05:23 AM
Sweet..

StormHammer
11-29-2001, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forums, Leonard Zimmerman, LilDrumLad and PaladinGuy. *hands out Jedi Medallions*. There you go. ;)

Originally posted by Leonard Zimmerman:
The arrogance of the populace of this board is amazing to me...etc...

I think the word arrogance is unwarranted. I'm sure a lot of people here have no wish to be disrespectful to the rest of the DF/JK/MotS community, they're just airing things they believed would be cool. Of course, as PaladinGuy said, some of these things would be totally unfeasible - and unrealistic.

Also, I think a few here have misinterpreted what Aristotle originally said...

Originally posted by Aristotle:
Think about what you as a community would like to see provided (within reason) <STRONG>from this site</STRONG>, for Jedi Knight II.

In other words, people...there is probably no chance of the game being revised in any way to incorporate some of your ideas. They might put some Easter Eggs in the game - but I am sure they will be aimed at the whole community, not just the members of this forum. ;)

And as stated before, a demo is inevitable, as are screenshots and another video. Nevertheless, here is a slightly revised list of options...

1. Screenshots (exclusive to jkii.net)
2. Prequel Story (published through jkii.net)
3. Contest/Draw for a signed copy of JK2.
4. Tee Shirts with jkii.net logo
5. Questions to Lucasarts (for exclusive publication on jkii.net)
6. A jkii.net skin (provided by/on this site for use in the game)

Or perhaps you'd like to see a feature on the site that is not currently available?

I think any more ideas should try to remain focused on Aristotle's original statement...something to be provided from this site, for this community. ;)

digl
11-29-2001, 01:26 PM
But you are not quoting the rest of his post StormHammer
For example, would you like us to run a contest with LEC, (trivia on the history of Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, etc) where LucasArts would provide one or two winners with signed copies of the game?

Or would you like to put together 10-15 very well thought out questions to present to LucasArts and Raven where you, the readers would put forth your own interview, which we would publish.

Would you like to see a few exclusive new screenshots? Perhaps from a particular angle, or displaying a particular move or force, weapon, etc?

Obviously these are just a few suggestions.... and no, don't ask for ALL of them.. you know what Santa does with greedy children.

Once a majority of you come up with what you would like to ask for your holiday gift, and once it's presented to us, we'll work with LEC to try to make it happen. Odds are very good that if it's reasonable and possible, you can look forward to it.

there is probably no chance of the game being revised in any way to incorporate some of your ideas
There is some contradiction here, I dont know what is going on in the private forum , but I know there is LEC and Raven people there, and this forums are the "Premier Forums", It says so in the official site

How is any of the rest of the community of JK players any less worthy of mention than the "regs" of this forum?
No one has said that we are better than other JK/DF communities, but the owners/administrators of this site got in contact with LEC (which was not long ago and incredibly closed company, zero communication with the fans) and now there is LEC people in this forums, and maybe LEC proposed something to Aristotle, and thats why he started this topic
IMO this is the most important JK community, this is the most active JO forum on the net, many of the regs here have been around since 1997, in the jediknight.net forums, and we have been commenting and suggesting things first for obiwan, and now for outcast, since before they were announced
And LEC has read our posts, Im sure we have been in some way helpful to them. There are no useless posts here, we all post our opinion and ideas, and respect others.
I think you are just angry because youv always been a DF fan and you wouldnt be recognized if LEC make something like that. Maybe LEC give us some of this gifts, other DF communities could also talk to LEC if they think Its unfair ot if they also want something, have you done anything like that or you are just ranting?

StormHammer
11-29-2001, 06:00 PM
Hmmm...I don't believe there is a contradiction in what I said, digl. By my interpretation, I believe the rest of Aristotle's post falls within the context of that sentence I outlined. Just IMHO.

After all, they still have to work with LEC to bring us screenshots, exclusive interviews and what-have-you...but that's just my interpretation. ;)

Also, keep in mind it's a Holiday, i.e., Christmas Gift...so I assume they'll want Santa to deliver on time. ;)

I do understand what you are saying. So I guess it's up to Aristotle to clarify the point. Aristotle? :confused:

Agen
11-29-2001, 06:22 PM
Aristole can u give us clearer guidelines?
Questions:
Do u work for LEC?
Are Easter Eggs allowed in game as long as they're not too ridiculous.
Are the ads slowing down the performance of jk2.net?
When are the next batch of screenies due?
If ya cna snwer a few answer (don't utrn me into forum-goer-chunkies(tm)
:D

LilDrumLad
11-29-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome Stormhammer. I'm not exactly new to these forums by any means however... I've been around since the day ObiWanKenobi.net opened (and actually since the day Obi-Wan was announced at E3 in 99). I've been following the forums regularly ever since, I just haven't posted much. :)

sanpilou
11-29-2001, 07:03 PM
:( :( :( :( hey StormHammer ......u never gave me a jedi medallon .... :( :( :( :(

Agen
11-29-2001, 07:07 PM
i would get a gift basket if i was u. Boba Rhett has them. or take one of the stolen ones from jedikngiht_114

StormHammer
11-29-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by sanpilou:
hey StormHammer ......u never gave me a jedi medallon...

A regrettable oversight. It must have happened when I was getting out of range of your BFG... ;)

I hereby bestow on you a chocolate Jedi Medallion...

*places around sanpilou's neck on a golden chain*

...welcome to the forums, and may you enjoy your stay. :D

LilDrumLad...I thought your name was familiar... :D

digl
11-29-2001, 09:39 PM
As Aristotle said odds were very good I presumed they had already talked something with LEC, well have to wait for Aristotle I guess

Aristole can u give us clearer guidelines?
Questions:
Do u work for LEC?
Are Easter Eggs allowed in game as long as they're not too ridiculous.
Are the ads slowing down the performance of jk2.net?
When are the next batch of screenies due?
If ya cna snwer a few answer (don't utrn me into forum-goer-chunkies(tm)

Ill try to answer what I can :)
He doesnt work for LEC
I guess they are.Then why would they appear in all games :D
The site is running pretty fast this days for me
next screenies hmmmm. I say about three or four new ones during next week, and next week a preview somehere ?

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: digl ]

sanpilou
11-30-2001, 12:07 AM
:D now im happy stormhammer :D btw, my bfg is in plastic :rolleyes: ..... n e way, it's good to see that some people do listen to others :p

Aristotle
11-30-2001, 12:57 AM
Let me see if I can address some of these issues.

1) I do not work for LEC directly. We're in very close contact with the folks from LEC on a continual basis, and with many of the developers working on the various games in development for LEC.

2) Yes, if you put together a well thought out easter egg, I believe the odds would be good you would see it in the game. The debate about what to request has been a good one.. and from the looks of it, not over which is good, since it should be a well thought out request.

3) New screens coming shortly.

4) "In-Game" video .. super high quality in the near future.

5) Ads are not slowing the site in the slightest.. in fact, this and galacticbattles.com, and jk.net are the only sites not currently on the brand new server we just bought. Those sites will transfer over later tonight. The new server will be at least 3x faster than this one, and you should notice the difference. Want to test the speed? Click on http://www.xwingalliance.net and you'll be able to test the new network server.

6) These forums are headed for an upgrade to the VB style forums, which will allow for many, many additional options, which I'm sure you'll all enjoy. We'll keep the colors and you'll all keep your post count and the posts will be exported as well.

Hope that helps iron some things out. "A brand new game for us" ... is one request I would say is a bit out of reach... but the ideas that are being posted are certainly interesting and we enjoy, as does LEC, and of course RAVEN, watching the ideas and debates flourish.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Aristotle ]

JediKnight_114[b]
11-30-2001, 02:45 AM
Alright, since demos and screens are inevitable, and everyone here will never agree on an easter egg, what if they put in the credits: "And special thanks to all the members of JediKnightII.net for all your support and interest in the game."

That is short, reasonable, encompasses the entire comunity, not just the regulars, and gets the comunity in the game.

Agree? Disagree?

Oh, and sanpilou, so sorry I'm late. Just so many newcomers. I'm gonna have to raid Rhett's troll-run basket making facility again soon. :D *hands sanpilou a welcome gift basket* I stole a few of those Medallions from StormHammer too, and put a couple in there for you. Enjoy and welcome to the forums. :D

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: JediKnight_114 ]

digl
11-30-2001, 02:39 PM
I was pretty close with the answers :)

3) New screens coming shortly.

4) "In-Game" video .. super high quality in the near future.

great!
Maybe screens today ? Its update day for LEC

6) These forums are headed for an upgrade to the VB style forums, which will allow for many, many additional options, which I'm sure you'll all enjoy. We'll keep the colors and you'll all keep your post count and the posts will be exported as well.

Cool. Did you read the topic I started about this some days ago Aristotle?

but the ideas that are being posted are certainly interesting and we enjoy, as does LEC, and of course RAVEN, watching the ideas and debates flourish.

Grat to hear this, but we are still waiting for this LEC/Ravensoft people
BlueSaber: Will LucasArts and Raven start getting more active in the community forums like Jediknightii.net allowing for more fan interaction? (As they do for Galaxies)

Jedi Outcast: Yes, we have started up the web site and FAQ. We also will be more active on the message boards over the next few months.

Zekk Dawkins
11-30-2001, 07:06 PM
I would have to agree with jediknight_114. Us in the credits would be noticed more than the unique skin or an easteregg (ex. ?Glactic Plumberman?). However, Kyle playing as a stormtropper in the game and the real troopers not suspecting anything would be kindof cool.

P.S. I didnt get a medalion, basket, or anything :( :( :(

Cartman's Dad
11-30-2001, 08:09 PM
I haven't come here for a while and there is loads of new stuff. sweet.
And is this the second official batch of screens?
I want some screens every 2 weeks!

StormHammer
12-01-2001, 01:32 AM
Zekk Dawkins and Cartman's Dad...let me extend a warm welcome to the forums. I hope you both enjoy your stay. Here you go...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion each*

They're tasty.

I'm sorry to say I don't do baskets...that's Boba Rhett's department - or Jediknight_114, who seems to have acquired some...If he offers you Jedi Medallions, they're fake.

Just an FYI...Galactic Plumberman originated on the ObiWanKenobi.Net forums a while ago, and a lot of the regulars here came from there (including me). Vagabond, Wilhuf and I are all proud members of the Galactic Plumberman Alliance (for it was from our minds he was spawned). ;)

As for new screens, yes, I think we can pretty much rely on that in the coming months. ;)

digl
12-09-2001, 09:46 PM
I dont use to bump threads, but this one was kinda forgotten about the time the forums moved

Aristotle, or anyone who knows, what will happen with this?
I mean the holiday gift to us? Will we have to choose something of the things proposed?did you already choose something and its in the works?

[SWS]Strider
12-10-2001, 12:14 AM
Ok I'm new here but oh well.

If you do decide to release screens, release them 1 a week or somthing. Because it will keep somthing to look foward to.

If you want a easter egg, I think a skin only downloadable by this site would be a real good idea.

I dunno.

Strider

Bartolo_JCS
12-10-2001, 12:20 AM
i want to know how this thread has 118 replies and 35 views lol, besides the fact, I'd love to see good o'l Max again hehe :syoda:

Agen
12-10-2001, 11:43 AM
Most pleople replied before we were moved to lucas forums.

digl
12-10-2001, 01:48 PM
But there was no final statement on what has happened with all this

JR2000Z
12-10-2001, 02:32 PM
Did we even recieve the holiday gift?

StephenG
12-10-2001, 02:46 PM
i dont think we have been told yet.

ed_silvergun
12-10-2001, 05:29 PM
Bartolo_JCS - just wanted to say that's the funniest avatar on these boards... cracked me up when I saw it. Now, where's Wilhuf, coz that pic of his (regulars and ex-OWK.netters will know the one I'm talking about) would make for a great avatar. (With the appropriate caption that we've all come to know and love, of course!).

digl
12-10-2001, 05:43 PM
:D"I know nooothink!":D

ed_silvergun
12-10-2001, 05:50 PM
Nooooooothink.....

Vagabond
12-11-2001, 10:16 AM
Regarding Wilhuf, he should still have internet access at work, but he's in the middle of a move right now, and he'll need to wait for a few weeks before getting hooked back up to DSL again, so he'll probably be visiting here less frequently until that happens.

digl
12-11-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond
Regarding Wilhuf, he should still have internet access at work, but he's in the middle of a move right now, and he'll need to wait for a few weeks before getting hooked back up to DSL again, so he'll probably be visiting here less frequently until that happens.

Thats why he hasnt been around much then
He hasnt missed much news anyway, maybe by the time he is back there will be more previews and info

And regarding our holiday gift Vag? you know something?

Kurgan
12-11-2001, 12:08 PM
What a great idea, I've long wanted that myself. ; )

It's hard for me to pick just one thing. Something that's not too cheesy or difficult. Getting the network a tip of the hat in the game itself or an exclusive scoop would be great, but I really like t-shirts. ; )

Kurgan

Terrin
12-11-2001, 02:28 PM
I'm all for seeing a full length; AI Jedi lightsabre battle complete with blocks, parries, jumps & force powers.

Frosty_V2.1
12-20-2001, 06:23 PM
Hey, Christmas is just a few nights away now, has this whole thing been scrapped?
Should we make a poll of the appropriate ideas and vote now or what?
I guess this wouldn't have been a Christmas present anway since it's probably going to be an Easter-Egg of some sort but, well, what the heck r we gonna do with this thing?

wardz
12-20-2001, 08:28 PM
yeh good point.

ARISTOTLE: Could you just make a decision for us either way, its a nice gesture but I just like to see something happen even if it gets cancelled. It will put my mind at ease..

wardz

digl
12-20-2001, 08:31 PM
Maybe this issue was already decided by the council (Aristotle, Jeff Walters, ChrisC3PO Im not sure who is talking to LEC)
Maybe they are talking to LEC about the easter egg, or they will have an exclusive preview with a teaser video and shots
We`ll probably have to wait

Bartolo_JCS
12-20-2001, 11:37 PM
lol...

bsbuckeye21
12-21-2001, 04:29 PM
By holiday did you mean Easter?

matt--
12-29-2001, 02:54 AM
If you noticed, the force boat was invisible...that means no artwork had to be done. If Galactic Plumberman was in the game, they would need more textures and a model. I don't see it happening. A reference perhaps.

Obi Kwan
12-29-2001, 02:53 PM
I suppose we were all bad posters this year...

what about this idea from over a month ago?

Originally posted by matt-windu
http://www.cafepress.com

You upload pictures and create a "store" with t-shirts that you can buy. It's FREE. Will an admin set it up so we can buy t-shirts?...I would feel guilty

OnlyOneCanoli
12-30-2001, 12:37 AM
LOL, forceboat. I can't believe that got into the game (or at least the demo). Me and some other guys from TFN bothered Garry Gaber until he gave in to our will. ;) The FORCEBOAT of doom is unstoppable!

Anyway, hopefully we'll end up seeing something as cool as that in JKII. =)

GonkH8er
12-30-2001, 08:45 AM
:D

ed_silvergun
12-30-2001, 12:55 PM
Oh bugger off, Gonk, you conniving little git! :) What do you know this time?

digl
12-30-2001, 02:02 PM
Gonk you should really stop doing that
some disturbed person could become angry with you and hunt you down :lightning :D
whats that forceboat thing??
Maybe GP (galactic plumberman) will be somewhere in the game?

PedHead
12-30-2001, 06:55 PM
A Dark Forces/Jedi Knight Trivia sounds good to me ;)

digl
12-30-2001, 06:58 PM
welcome PedHead
you should receive all of your welcome gifts soon :D

StephenG
12-30-2001, 11:16 PM
[edit - Gonk - hrmmmmm]

matt--
12-31-2001, 12:31 AM
Welcome PedHead!
Boba Rhett isn't around right now, so you'll have to wait for an official lucasforums.com giftbasket.
In the mean time, here is a can of Liquid Swartz (tm)

StormHammer
12-31-2001, 11:59 AM
Welcome to the forums, Pedhead. :D Hope you enjoy your stay. Here's an official jkii.net forums welcome gift for you...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

There you go. ;)

StephenG
12-31-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by StephenG
[edit - Gonk - hrmmmmm]

hey Gonk, i didn't say any bad works in my post and it was a joke...a really funny joke :) sorry if i hurt your feelings

GonkH8er
12-31-2001, 11:46 PM
so was that :)

lonepadawan
01-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Ah the force boat... I must be there more often....

Aristotle
01-07-2002, 06:19 PM
Perhaps we'll make this next week's poll with the top 5 ideas listed.... then we'll finally have the community gift idea decided. Sound reasonable to everyone? We'll be a bit over the holiday time period.. but not that much over. We'll get the idea over to LEC and start working with them and Raven to make it happen.

digl
01-07-2002, 06:21 PM
hey!
nice to hear again from you Aristotle
It sounds fair :)

Wacky_Baccy
01-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by digl
hey!
nice to hear from you again Aristotle

It certainly is :)

The poll idea sounds good, what are the top 5 choices?

Moses
01-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Beginning to think you forgot about us Aristotle. Thanks for coming back. ;) Don't suppose you could list the top 5 for us in the forum. We would still vote on the poll of course.

Just wishful thinking. :D

digl
01-07-2002, 06:56 PM
I just thaught of something
Aristototle you will make this in the jkii.net site poll?
maybe It should be done as a forum poll, and announced in the site so that no one misses it, but only the community votes

StormHammer
01-07-2002, 07:07 PM
Sounds good, Aristotle. ;)

Now the real fun starts...

Aristotle
01-07-2002, 07:22 PM
I definitely didn't forget about you guys and this project... just went away for the holidays like most people.

We'll make it an official site poll. Seems to be most fair that way.

digl
01-07-2002, 07:41 PM
OK
I said it just beacuse you first anonunced this as a gift to the forum goers, but I guess Its a gift for everyone now :)

matt--
04-12-2002, 12:39 AM
*cough*cough*

SPY_jmr1
04-12-2002, 12:59 AM
set_forceoldpost level 83648027395730283947294720384

:D :D :D

gift!!!! gimme!!!! j/k;) common you ratted out on us raven..... unless they ment a diffrent holiday...... AH CRAP!!!!!:D :D :D

digl
04-12-2002, 01:41 AM
I had been thinking about this for several days...
Maybe if there is an in game gift it'll be revealed next holiday.

SPY_jmr1
04-12-2002, 01:48 AM
dont you think we'd be able to find it by then?

just pointing out a fact.

maybe a delayed gift in the patch...... hmm.......

digl
04-12-2002, 01:56 AM
Of course I thaught of that, but no one has find it after this weeks of insane playing.
Maybe with the editing tools available it'll be found easier
Or maybe it's not there :(

GonkH8er
04-12-2002, 02:06 AM
Or maybe you're not looking hard enough in game :)

digl
04-12-2002, 02:08 AM
eggs can be really hidden sometimes
I don't remember how you got there, but I remember in DF a room with a chained ewok