PDA

View Full Version : Ask the JK2 Developers a question

matt--
11-04-2001, 09:52 PM
Well, you guys post here every once in a while(a long while), so I want to see if your still lurking.

Everyone post a simple question you want an answer to...Maybe, if we're lucky, they'll answer 2 or 3. PLEASE! :mad:
;)

My question:
How complete(%) is Jedi Outcast?

Celestial
11-04-2001, 10:24 PM
Will there be a demo before the release? A wolfenstein castle MP test with one map?

StormHammer
11-04-2001, 11:21 PM
Okay, I'll limit myself to a single question (for now)...

Will we be able to see Kyle's body and feet in 1st person mode?

Thank you for your (precious) time. ;)

TrUeFoRcE
11-04-2001, 11:38 PM
will the game be easily modifyable?

Jedi Howell
11-05-2001, 12:38 AM
will there be multiple lightsaber handles?

and/or

how customizable will multiplayer characters be?

jh

SlowbieOne
11-05-2001, 12:40 AM
Will we be able to see Kyle's body and feet in 1st person mode?

I've always thought that was something FPS's lacked as well.

A simple question would be how big of a part does Luke Skywalker play in JO?

I'm really hoping you play a level or 2 with him.

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]

TrUeFoRcE
11-05-2001, 01:14 AM
will u be able to chop anyone into pieces? and will there be dual sabers, and people with 2 sabers as well as people with 1?!?

DeathBoLT
11-05-2001, 01:17 AM
Do any of the developers embarrassingly pick their noses or scratch themselves when they think no ones looking?

Bartolo_JCS
11-05-2001, 01:38 AM
Will the 1 key draw the saber or the 0 key?

Darth Lunatic
11-05-2001, 04:47 AM
Will there be a co-op mode?

Is that Sith type character we see in the screenshots a chick? IF its a guy, i suggest you change the model a bit, by removing that extremely effeminate looking bun in its hair.

StephenG
11-05-2001, 04:48 AM
You said with bots that They will team up on you if you pick on a one bot all the time. Will there be times that a AI bot teams up with you.

GonkH8er
11-05-2001, 05:03 AM
Some of those can be answered...

argh! im going to make it a point not to come into this thread anymore. too frustrating listening to questions :)

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

Darth Lunatic
11-05-2001, 08:05 AM
What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Agen
11-05-2001, 03:58 PM
We probably won't get an answer for a while (or until this thread gets long) but will u be able to chop off parts and they won't come off stupidly (hit leg and arm comes off)
PS: If 1 fo these developers doesn't answer they msut be embarassed because we might find out they scratch their butt or pick their nose
better thing than sliced bread is...... sliced bread with butter :D

Rogue15
11-05-2001, 04:40 PM
Will I be able to eat pizza while playing?

Kurgan
11-05-2001, 04:50 PM
I played the AvP2 demo MP test, and it was, frankly, crap. While the game appears to have potential, they didn't do a very good job of presenting the scope of the game, as a good demo should, IMHO. That and it was buggy.

I heard there were some similar problems with the Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP test, slow and buggy.

So frankly, I wouldn't be that excited about an MP test demo of JK2, though I'd probably look at it, it might just frustrate me more than excite me about the game.

If they're going to do a proper demo for JK2 (which I hope they do) they should take a hint from JK (or better yet Half Life). Release one that has a SP and an MP level, or just a medium length Sp level that is brand new (ie: takes elements from, but doesn't give away much from the full game).

My 2 cents anyway...

Kurgan

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

acdcfanbill
11-06-2001, 12:09 AM
i agree totally, the AvP2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein Demos were VERY buggy... i still enjoy playing AvP2 though, it has potential... they need a little better balance between classes IMO...

Kurgan
11-06-2001, 02:55 AM
See that's the thing. If they're going to release a public beta test, to show people bugs they want fixed, that's one thing.

If they want to release a DEMO, where the whole point is to show off how GOOD the game is and get people interested, while giving them some idea what to expect if they buy the full game, then they should do that.

Kurgan

StephenG
11-06-2001, 03:39 AM
First of all the RTCW TEST was a TEST like a public beta test not a DEMO. All beta/Tests have bugs. RTCW Test was good. it gave as a taste for the game. the RTCW Test was bugy for me, i had no problems what so even and my computer isn't top of the range.

the AvP2 demo was just plain crap. All MonoLith's games have two modes in multiplayer: Deathmatch and team Deathmatch. it got boring real quick.

Nemios
11-06-2001, 07:56 AM
Returning to topic... ;)

Will there be rolls and acrobatics (jumps apart) while fighting? How are implemented for 1st POV? (personally I think it's not important to "rotate" the camera while doing a roll but put them in the game)

Will be possible to play always from 1st POV with the saber like the first JK? (VERY important for me and other players)

Millions o' Monkeys
11-06-2001, 09:15 AM
i dont think raven will answer us in our desperate calls of hope ;)
ungrateful bah :)

cossack1812
11-06-2001, 10:04 AM
Yeah but we might as well try and get our questions answered

Mine is, will the game be nice and long (ie NOLF) or short (ie Max Payne)?

Darth Lunatic
11-06-2001, 10:55 AM
The first test of RTCW did suck badly, the net code was abysmal.

Fortunately, it has been improved a heck of a lot in the 2nd multiplayer test released a few days ago.

uteboy
11-06-2001, 11:40 AM
I've been a cstrike admin for a while now, and the one really frustrating thing about it is the amount of cheats ( currently I'm catching about 5 a day). Just been on the Red Faction Forums and see that cheating is becoming prolific for RF as well. Also I hear that the Return to Castle Wolfenstein Demo is hacked on a regular basis ( and thats just the demo, wait till the full version comes out ).

Therefore my question is simple. Are there any plans to integrate an easily updatable ( real word?) anti-cheat system ie. something along the lines of punkbuster ( but better coded, and actually a part of the game ) ?

Darth Lunatic
11-07-2001, 03:13 AM
YES!! There are way too many cheats in CS. Even the RTCW demo? When will ppl learn that cheating decreases the fun factor of games, for them and everyone else.

Syndrix
11-07-2001, 12:03 PM
Actually uteboy's question is a very pertinent one, and one I would very much like a reply to. While the chances of that are slim, Raven need to take that into consideration if they havent already done so. With the MP section of the game sure to be one of the biggest draw cards of the game, the have to think about this.

Cheating is becoming more and more prolific amongst online games of all genre's, not just FPS. The fun is quickly sucked out of a game when someone is cheating and Raven need to look at some way they can quickly patch exploited bugs and "blacklist" programs that allow people to cheat.

I seriously hope Raven have something planned in the anti-cheating area.

Jedi Howell
11-07-2001, 02:02 PM
/me plays CS on a lan...

jh

Bartolo_JCS
11-07-2001, 05:35 PM
Syndrix I do believe that the quake engine they are using limits the ability to cheat/hack to a minimum and you can choose to leave the game closed to set limitations. I'm not sure of the details about this maybe someone who plays quake III or elite force may know more about this.

I do know that for the Half-Life engine there is a program called punkbuster www.punkbuster.com (http://www.punkbuster.com) that prevents "punks" and also stops hex adress hax through the half-life engine.

Lion Heart
11-07-2001, 05:38 PM
RTCW? Looks pretty stupid.

Bartolo_JCS
11-08-2001, 07:03 PM
Matt-Windu what would you ask?

Kurgan
11-08-2001, 09:41 PM
Having a "pure server" option on a dedicated server would probably do much to cut down on the use of cheats online...

That and the dev team should be vigilant about patching any major security issues that are discovered.

Kurgan

StephenG
11-09-2001, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Lion Heart:
<STRONG>RTCW? Looks pretty stupid.</STRONG>

*off topic*
You may think that but the final release of the game is gonna sell like hotcakes. it MAY even sell more copies than Jedi OutCast. RTCW is gonna kickass

acdcfanbill
11-09-2001, 03:52 AM
i played the demo for RTCW, and disregaurding bug issues, and such, i just didnt find it had the same flair as Wolf3D, hopefully the SP finished product will be great...

StephenG
11-09-2001, 07:10 AM
^
that because Wolf3D didn't have multiplayer :)
RTCW is gonna be different to Wolf3D. for starters you will be able to look up and down. LOL

GonkH8er
11-09-2001, 10:03 AM
Not long now folks! Prepare yourselves! :)

Darth Lunatic
11-09-2001, 11:30 AM
Another vague hint from Gonk....

Not long...as in a day? A week? A month?

Syndrix
11-09-2001, 12:36 PM
While I'm sure the Q3 base that they are using will cut back on much of the cheating we have seen in the past, and the "pure server" option that Wilhuf is so fond of touting will indeed stop most mindless fools from cheating, there is always a few who find ways to circumvent even the most well tested game.
I am not saying we will see the same as what we have in the past, just it would be nice to see some kind of forethought so if it does happen they are prepared.

StephenG
11-09-2001, 02:32 PM
Gonk man, when??????
*do i have to bang you with my pipe again?* :)

Agen
11-09-2001, 03:28 PM
Gonk tell us what you know!!!... TELL US WHAT U KNOW!!!..........TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephen what about a litre of cod liver oil down his throat if he doesn't tell us.
*sneaks around gonk's house. walks throguh to gonk room and james bond style karate chop to the neck and knocks gonk out. drags all the way back the jk2.net ties gonk to chair and put a bowl of deluted urine over him to wake him up. "what do u know gonk???" spoon of cod liver oil gets close*

StephenG
11-09-2001, 03:54 PM
Agen_Terminator has got you there Gonk.
Gonk, it's not to late to tell us...i'm sure you dont want a litre of cod liver oil down your throat. :)

Agen
11-09-2001, 05:51 PM
*gets closer* now u wouldn't want me to add an 0 to that 1 now would u?

matt--
11-09-2001, 06:03 PM
[jedi mind trick]
*waves hand*
You will tell us
[/jedi mind trick]

Agen
11-09-2001, 06:19 PM
*Hits matt with pipe*. says "no gay stuff, we're trying to get answers here! not giggles" while gonk laughs his ass off

matt--
11-09-2001, 08:19 PM
*beats Agen_Terminator to death with his sack full of doorknobs*

StephenG
11-09-2001, 08:22 PM
come on people. we have one target. to get information for Gonk. we must unite as one and Force the information from Gonk.

Agen
11-09-2001, 10:12 PM
*punches crap out of matt with bare metal fists. Bangs head of pipe. stick him in car with 200 kg of dynamite in back and kicks car off cliff.
While Agent Terminator takes notes of the explosion and the gore levels of the accident. Goes back to jk2.net. Gonk's gone!!!!!!! "OH GOD" he said to himself. Goes panicly around looking for him. finds him dancing the macarena with a rancor. Does saber duel with gonk and easily said "look behind u" and kicked (u know the rest) *straps him back to chair* "that's 2 spoonfuls of cod liver oil for u!" *sitck down throat and watches Gonk almost vomit his intestines out "give us info!"
And Gonk said............ (Don't say look behind u)

Jolts
11-09-2001, 10:41 PM
If you do a little reading on rtcw you can find out that it is supposed to be out by mid December.

matt--
11-09-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by matt-windu:
<STRONG>*beats Agen_Terminator to death with his sack full of doorknobs*</STRONG>
*matt-windu points out to Agen that he is dead, and thus cannot kill anyone else, nor can he feed people cod liver oil*

Agen
11-10-2001, 12:38 PM
*punches crap out of matt with bare metal fists Points out to matt that that metal cannot be dead never mind alive

wardz
11-10-2001, 12:47 PM
ok ok ok. Matt and Agen we get the point. Start asking questions or it will end up getting moved to the swamp by a mod for being off topic..

wardz

$10BOOMBOOM
11-10-2001, 12:55 PM
[edit-Gonk-erghh.....no...lets try and keep this conversation clean.]

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

Agen
11-10-2001, 01:51 PM
*takes Boom Boom from behind and ties him to another chair " trying to rescure gonk eh? here have some cod liver oil" turn to Gonk "is this chat the news we've been waiting for?" Gonk the 3rd spoon is getting closer*

StephenG
11-10-2001, 04:11 PM
*StephenG rushes to help Agen_Terminator and bring with him a litre of 100% cow weeee mixed with cat hair, a plastic spoon and all the nylon rope you can possibly imagine.*

anyway i have another question. will the Al run out of ammo and then have to get other gun?

matt--
11-10-2001, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by StephenG:
<STRONG>will the Al run out of ammo and then have to get other gun?</STRONG>

That'd be cool!

StephenG
11-10-2001, 05:51 PM
^
Yep, your damm right about that matt. i really hope they have this feature included in JO.

GonkH8er
11-11-2001, 12:06 AM
wait for it :)

CaptainRAVE
11-11-2001, 12:18 PM
I dont think that would be too good if all your enemies ran out of ammo. It would turn into a bot match where they were constantly running around for power ups etc. I think reloading will be enough.

Agen
11-11-2001, 12:53 PM
[edit- Gonk - say something like that again termy and youre gone..... ok?]

------------
(in Topic)
Think about this only kyle could run out of ammo because the stomies have backpacks that recharge their guns. But that's still a good idea and i still hope they include it
------Another Question -
How many Splash damage weapons are there

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

matt--
11-11-2001, 04:31 PM
Busy day, eh Gonk?

GonkH8er
11-12-2001, 04:22 AM
You have no idea how busy I've been lately, OUTSIDE of this forum :)

Thats why I'm up at 1am my time on here.... because i havent had much time other than that.....

BluRR
11-12-2001, 05:05 AM
How are the wife and kids?

StephenG
11-12-2001, 05:08 AM
^
LOL :)

GonkH8er
11-12-2001, 05:24 AM
hardy har har..... :)

Agen
11-12-2001, 03:22 PM
can i laugh, Gonk?

ed_silvergun
11-12-2001, 07:47 PM
Theonly thing I can think of that would merit such anticipation is a switch to the DOOM III engine.

*Cough*