PDA

View Full Version : Quicksave?

Alan
11-13-2001, 09:10 PM
There has probably aready been a topic on this, but anyway...

Will there be a quicksave key in JK2? I know some people find it detrimental to the game's atmosphere--oh, here's a hard part...F6/7/9...whatever.
On the other hand, it is just as, if not more, intrusive to get into the game menu, click save, enter a name, blah, blah, blah, a la SoF.
I would like to have a hotkey, but it'd be interesting to hear other people's opinions...not complaints.
No.

digl
11-13-2001, 10:40 PM
There will probably be
Im not been around here late, but I dont think that it has been mentioned or confirmed, there is not much info yet

But Im sure there will be quicksave and that itll be a hotkey

GonkH8er
11-14-2001, 12:17 AM
I've always enjoyed quicksaving games, but I think it should be disabled in 'Hard' mode or at least limited like Max Payne's is.

StephenG
11-14-2001, 11:01 AM
i made over 1000 quicksaves when i played Deus Ex for the first time.

toms
11-14-2001, 11:29 AM
the jk quicksave was great... nothing is more annoying than games that take forever to reload a game, exit out to menus, then load the entire engine from scratch again... argh... :(

On the other hand... ;) AvP was far more exciting with the limited saves/level option.

My personal ideal would be a very fast quicksave (like jk, project eden), but alson the option to limit the number of saves per level (like AvP2 apparently has).

I always liked the front to DF, where it listed all the levels you had completed, along with a colour coding for which difficulty you had done it on. That way if you got stuck on a level you caould drop the difficulty for that level.. but then it would bug you to see it there and you would have to go back and complete it on a hard level.

Maybe you could get medals for completing levels under certain levels of saves and have a cool medal cabinet like in Tie Fighter. ;)