View Full Version : Personality Suggestions
I say we have 4 personalities in mp
1) Light Jedi - AKA casts heal, protect, blind etc, but the cool thing would be they can cast these spells on others, making CTF and other multi-member modes very fun! Strong Against dark jedi, weak vs Soldiers
2) Dark Jedi - AKA lightning, grip etc... you know what these are, they are weak vs. Light Jedi, but Strong against Scouts.
3) Soldier - the big bruiser, can use any gun and has a 25% natural protection vs force powers. Strong vs. Light Jedi, weak vs Scouts.
4) a combo of BH and Scout, basically the same thing, but they should be the only ones whop can have stealth forces. they would be able to use any weapon except the 2 strongest. weak vs. dark jedi strong vs. soldiers
That would be great if you ask me, but there are a few other things to consider
-Soldiers have more health/shields than everyone
-Scouts haev less health/shields
-Jedi can only use basic weapons, aka stormy and crossbow
-Scouts get a zoom force, stealth force and speed force.
-dark jedi have a special force that can "autotarget" enemies by casting it on the scouts while they are sniping. very slow reload tho.
How does that sound for a fun personality kinda setting? If Raven doesn't do anything like that, I will make a mod. thoughts?
And when were Soldiers and Scots classed as Jedi?
This sounds like er.. Sof2 with jedi in it. It's a sequel to jk. Jk featured Jedi and Non-Jedi not War veterans.
what? didn't you ever play MotS?
there were poersonalities in there
11-30-2001, 06:48 PM
I dont remember personalities in MotS.
11-30-2001, 07:26 PM
MP Personalities in MotS made it hard to choose what you wanted to be. Strong in the force? Ouick? BFG user? It was just confusing
Millions o' Monkeys
11-30-2001, 07:38 PM
it shouldnt have been implemented into the game
I didn't like that stuff in mots. Even thoguh there was bout 20 people playing it a day.
made it hard to know what to play?
who says you gotta play one thing? you can do whatever you want whenever you want, it gives you more control
and the mots community was by far better than the JK one, pers gave so many more options to the game instead of just "saber nf, saber ff, gun nf, and guns ff"
Even though it was deserted afetr 2 months of release
ya that's because it sucked
but the pers part was fun :p
besides, its not like you would even have to use that option anyways, it just makes the game have more zing to it
11-30-2001, 08:02 PM
What was deserted after 2 months?
Personalities in MotS are good, but they are unbalanced. You cannot touch the scouts with the force, they have 8 star anti-force or whatever it is. All they do is shoot you with their instant-hit instant-kill STrifle scope that they spawn with and you can't pull it from them! They could be MUCH more balanced.
Classes I think should be in Jedi Outcast:
1. Jedi Knight - Light or Dark, you'd choose your Force powers in character configuration. Standard player, same as single player and has full Force access. Has a lightsaber.
2. Soldier - Slower than Jedi, and the slowest class; but start with a few more guns and have more health and armor/shields to start with. Toughest class. No force availabe. No lightsaber.
3. Mercenary - Slower than Jedi, but not as slow as solders. Start with a few more weapons, more health but not as much as the soldier. Also has a few ace tricks up their sleeves, ex grappling hook or something special like that, maybe. No lightsaber.
4. Scout - Fastest class (Jedi obviously faster with Force Speed). Weakest class, but start with sniping weapons. No lightsaber.
5. Force Hybrid - Tougher than Jedi, but not by much. Gets limited force access, but no lightsaber. Starts with 1-3 extra guns.
I haven't played it yet, but the RTCW multiplayer sounds really cool.
i know this might annoy some of you wannabe jedi, but a RTCW style MP mode which doesn't really involve jedi would be cool.
BAscially a Rebel vs imperial Army version of RTCW.
You could have Troopers, Officers (start with pistols, light armour, can drop ammo), Droids (Needed to open doors, access computer terminals etc..), medics. Maybe they could make up a third force of bounty hunters with equivilent roles for variety.
Then your troopers would need to protect your other guys, in order for you to get any ammo, or to complete your objectives.
and the group respawning would be a good inclusion too... that way you have to wait a bit when you die, and you aren't all running around on your own.
they could do missions based on the films (imperials storming a rebel ship), hoth, etc...
i duuno if it could work, but they could include jedi in it if there could only ever be one jedi on each side... or if you had to score a certain number of points to get the option to respawn as a jedi...
I jope they jsut make it the way jk was... ur all jedi but choose ur force powers.
u can use whatever u want
12-04-2001, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure I'll be playing much MP, but personalities sounds okay to me. Anything that adds some variety to the gameplay would suit me fine - as long as you have the option to switch it off. ;)
12-05-2001, 07:52 AM
...there was a lengthy discussion some time back about this very topic. So, for your viewing pleasure, peruse it at your leisure <a href="http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23753
">here</a>. Enjoy :cool:
12-05-2001, 10:41 AM
It's true the MotS mp community was never as large a presence online as JK, but it had plenty of mods and plenty of people playing it, still today.
That should be expected however, with an addon pack that requires the original. Right off the bat you are virtually guarenteed that fewer people will have the addon, although packaging the games together (though some time after the initial release) helps.
I considered the MP very interesting and fun, not to mention challenging (a lot more stuff to master). Both games had their strongpoints.
MotS had a few bugs that annoyed me and were never patched, but in all I enjoyed the MP experience immensly. In some ways I felt it superior to JK's, in that there were more options, allowing more varied tactics in different situations (though I missed having the dark/light side dichotomy).
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.