PDA

View Full Version : JK2 Superclan

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 01:07 AM
There's been talk of a JK2 superclan ever since JK2 was announced. There is a topic on the WD board that you (good players only) should read.

If you dont have the link, ask a WD for it on the zone. Unless we know you and you have a rep among the elites, Ill delete your post.

I know many of you (I'm talking to the good players) read the WD board, but I though I'd post here anyway.

We're talking about WD and DSbr merging into one unstoppable JK clan so we can dominate JK2 as well. WD_NiGhTMaReZ is really pushing for it, along with several others. Many of the oldschool WDs and DSbrs are returning for JK2.

I would like for those in Syk, HDK, JaG, and anyone else who is good (I mean REALLY GOOD) at JK to check out the thread on the WD board.

-=WD=- Savage/ToRMeNt

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]

Jordus
07-11-2001, 01:17 AM
This post should be removed, it has no purpoe here, and as a l33t player of JK i am insulted by the retardedness of the post.

GEJoeSolo
07-11-2001, 01:20 AM
all those clans are pale. GE (my clan) will be 4 years old in a few months. and unlike most clans we know how to play other levels than oasis. I hope to god that that level is not in JK2

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 01:22 AM
You? Elite? LMAO I doubt it. I posted this here so all the real elites can see it and consider joining the new clan. Don't be mad because you're not good enough to join.

Jordus
07-11-2001, 01:35 AM
I slaughtered tons of WD in my time, and dont get me started on DSBr...y ou guys may have it on guns, but sabers is the real deal, and as far as sabers go, WD and DSbr suck at them. If your gonna play guns stick to QIII or Unreal Tourney.

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 01:44 AM
HAHAHA NF Sabers HAHAHAHA. NEWS FLASH: NF sabers will be nothing like it was in JK. The lag that helped you in JK will kill you in Q3. There are so many "elite" NFers but they just have bad connectionss that lag and drop packets. That isn't gonna work in JK2.

You're forgeting about FF Jordus. WD/DSBr owns Full force guns and sabers, and WD has a stronge NF guns side. As far as NF sabs, we don't care. To many newbies play it and it's totaly dependant on your net connection. With the Q3 engine in JK2, we'll prolly have a powerfull NF sabs branch as well.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]

Mafia_Jabba
07-11-2001, 01:45 AM
Ditto on the paleness and guns thingy

Millions o' Monkeys
07-11-2001, 02:12 AM
im with you jordus
And anyway lag in jk did not help you. if you were good enough you learnt to use lag not let it help you
if this is a bit confusing for you gunners out there dont worry i understand ;)

DeathBoLT
07-11-2001, 07:15 AM
Torment, in all your calculations, you seem to be ignoring the fact that: What happens if the powers don't work in the ways that you're used to. What happens if Raven recognized that JK's play probably got repetive and boring over the years and created something new. You might find that a lot of your ff skill isn't compatiable with Jk2.

If force speed and force jump become limited powers(as in can't be used all the time like it is in JK) mapping is dis-allowed and if serious splash damage weapons are removed, the FFers would have trouble. After all, much of your play becomes based on control of items. If levels become smaller due to speed relatively disapearing, it'll become more CTF Nar strategy based. What happens if raven creates a saber/force equilibrium so that neither the saber or the force dominates the play? The nf saberists(the ones that don't rely on lag tatics and have good pcs/conn) you smugly berate would become your equal. Them strong in saber use but weak in force and you strong in force but not as good as them in saber use. WD and DSbr will be good, but old Jkers returing and ppl coming in from other Q3-like games will equally be good.

I personally hope Raven can hit a equilibrium of Force + Saber so that instead of JK being devided up into NF sabs/guns FF sabs/guns, it would merely be devided up into Guns and Sabers. A new look.

If the majority of JK skills carries over, that means RAVEN just produced JK again, only this time with fancier graphics. Who wants that? If raven is reading this, please don't remake JK. Keep some of the classical aspects of the DF series, but also create something fairly orginal that requires new skills and new strategies. I've spent years on JK and no matter how nice the graphics are, I don't think I'd want to play JK version 2 for several more years.

Bottom line: JK was fun for 4 years, but that was 4 years ago. Create something new; for alot of us, its not just the graphics that turn us off from JK. The gameplay got repetitive as well.

If I were to make judgements on who would be the best in JK2 a few weeks after its release I'd have to say:
Jk2 will have lots more useful force powers as opposed to JKs only useful 8 powers(2 of which aren't even of access to you depending on what side your playing). MotS also had more useful force powers thus requiring the players to coordinate more. JKers will be less experienced at this and be behind mots ppl initially. People in JK that were strong all-arounders will be the ppl that probably grasp it quickly too. If theres no splash damage, alot of the clans with gunnersthat have 'make every shot count' aim will also be great 'cos they'll be able to hit ppl the easier. Of course, only HDK has those right now; most NF gunners now play Ji O, which was meant to be just a training level - Playing Oasis NF take packs is alot harder than this Ji O leave packs crap. You becomd profficent in weapons like stormtrooper rifles, rail use and effective saber use vs gun wielders in that sort of play. Not to mention the much larger strategy required.

Either way, it sounds that you only think that the only capable players are in DSbr or WD. You'll find that you'll end up as equals to everyone else playing unless raven fooks up and simply remakes JK with new graphics. If thats the case, you might as well save yourself 40 bucks and keep playing JK b/c u wouldn't be gettin anything new..

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 09:57 AM
Deathbolt, you're missing the idea here man. Let's say for a second that the gameplay in JK2 is very much differant from JK. Everyone starts from scratch yes? Well there are certain people who will be the ones who discover all the tricks, tactics, what works and what doesn't for JK2 (MaReZ, Shinji, Luke18...). Most likely, these people will be the same ones who did it in JK.

Potential is another thing. The people who became expert/elite in JK are the type of people to work twords getting elite in JK2. Look at the people who post on this board. Most are content to play on a casual level, they never get serious. Maybe do or don't do certain things because they want the game to be like the movies.

Then there are those (that's you, me, and the people this post was meant for) who don't care what's in the movie, they want to WIN and be the best.

Now wouldn't it be cool to have a superclan made up of the best from JK? We could really push the limits faster, train each other, DOMINTATE JK2 hehe. There are going to be a lot of Q3 and UT players playing JK2, I say we show them what JK is all about hehe.

On a more practicle side, think for a moment of the 90% of zoners who are causal gamers. It's boring playing with them right? And I'm sure most of them would just want to do thier "like in the movies" thing and not get raped by a hardcore gamer. It would be nice if we could keep the hardcore community together so we can play each other OUR way without having to worry about being kicked for "hacking."

Perhaps the most important thing is keeping the "elite" community together. I hate repeating myself, check the WD MB for the threat.

BTW if you had read my post, you would have seen HDK as one of the clans I listed so chill out.

jipe
07-11-2001, 12:04 PM
this whole "elite" thing really is getting ridiculous.. why would you stick around to PLAY a game that's (nearly) 4 years old? I can understand editing it, because I do it myself.. but playing straight JK? blech.

and the point of this post was nearly nonexistent too, other than to brag about your "eliteness" and how you "will dominate JK2 with a superclan", blahblahblah...

OrIoN
07-11-2001, 12:33 PM
I agree in what torment says about keeping the community together. Its all good.

SyK4LifE

P.s. Who is GE? Seriously, I have never heard of them until reading this message board. x-Wing vs Tie Fighter clan?

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 12:34 PM
I'll try to be nice... the point was to inform those that i can't reach by other means of the potential clan.

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 12:41 PM
That's quite right orion. Super clan or not, I would like to keep our community of hard core gamers more or less together.

Whether we use Zone, Gamespy, Kali, or an IRC channel, I want to be able to talk to people I know. I don't want to to be like quake where you never see the same person twice.

There are going to be tons of JK2 players. Welp, at least we have our clan message boards.

An empire of all the best players from JK1 is still a cool idea though hehe.

Letalis
07-11-2001, 01:36 PM
Torment, I love the idea, think you're going about it the wrong way though, as you probably gathered from the response...

I however wish you the best of luck with it. Like I said, it's got potential. ;)

DeathBoLT
07-11-2001, 01:38 PM
If Jk2 uses a simliar setup like Battle.net without hosting the games for ya(thus creating lag).

If I want to find or message my friends, I just enter in /whois ThereNumber and it tells me what game they are in.

The UT setup was great except for that one feature.

You just have to take steps to have chat rooms that all the community now goes to keep it together..

hehe I still think tho that older clans like DH and IRN are going to come right up behind and knock you guys on your asses..

TheJackal_jk2
07-11-2001, 01:39 PM
I've never joined a clan in my life and I never will.

I was offered to join some but I allways rejected. I hate having to play with a wierd slogan in front of my name. I also see no point of having a pissing contest with other people just to act like your all that. If you are good, then your good. Dont add it to your ego. Other players will see your good on the kill chart!

Also, what is the point of "having an empire of jk1 players"? IF you are all THAT good, then there will be nobody to play against and making YOUR game boring and OUR game boring (the not so good players who are looking for <u>FUN</u>, not endless masacre.)

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: TheJackal ]

Letalis
07-11-2001, 01:49 PM
Jackal, I've never been in a clan either, but what you so eloquently refer to as a "pissing contest" is simply another way of having fun. A more official and recognised way. It's a game, there's no problems with having an ego because you're good.

Let them have their clans.

The idea of "the JK empire" was simply to keep in contact so that they can have regular games, and be able to instantly find worth-while opponents. None of slaughtering newbies and learning nothing.
Hope I'm making sense... :)

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Letalis ]

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 02:12 PM
You're making perfect sense :)

Letalis
07-11-2001, 02:22 PM
That's comforting, thank you. :rolleyes:

GEJoeSolo
07-11-2001, 03:04 PM
hey guys from -WD- stop being so damn cocky, you guys havent played me, well I dont think you have. after JK2 comes out you'll see

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: GE Joe Solo ]

Letalis
07-11-2001, 03:07 PM
What exactly are they being *******s about?

Are they not free to express an idea? :confused:

Boba Jim
07-11-2001, 03:37 PM
"Elite" and "Clan" are Oxymorons. The only purpose for a clan is, like already mentioned, to know something about who you're playing with so you can team up instead of playing on your own with real skills. They're an advantage in team games, but totally uncool in free-for-all games meant for individual fighters.

"Elite?" BAWW HAW HAA! None of those clan wanks could stand up with me in a one on one. Those clan names are just a great way to know who to boot from your non-team games so you can compete with real opponents. A real elite Jedi Knight player walks alone. That's why you need online player lists and game setup chat screens so you can hook up with the other lone wolves and have a really good competitive game, not get stuck in a game full of clan wankers.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Gonk Droid ]

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 03:42 PM
Play you? *sighs* Why don't you save me the trouble and ask SlowbieOne the scores of our 2 games. He was the last one to challenge me. 4 to -2 first game, 9 to -4 second game. And yes, those -s do mean negative.

BTW SlowbieOne, Im kinda sorry about posting the scores, I wasn't planning on doing it but I kind needed a point of referance. You seemed like a cool guy /-=

GE, I'll be watching for you on the zone.

Letalis
07-11-2001, 03:49 PM
A real elite Jedi Knight player walks alone

Interesting point. Playing in teams is not so they can 'gang up' on single players, but so they can experience a different style of play to the usual good ol' one-on-one!

It doesn't make them less of a player simply because they wish to explore a different style.

You're entitled to your opinion as we all are, but I think it's unnecessary to accuse them of being unskilled or wankers, at least until you've proven yourself against the clan member in question.
Even then, you need only tease someone so far! ;)

So until you've taken on and defeated each and every clan member in the current JK Universe, shut the hell up! :D

Boba Jim
07-11-2001, 04:00 PM
Ewwww. I detect that one of my servos struck a nerve. :p

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 04:34 PM
Well Letalis, you do have insight.

Gonk, you only show how little you know. How come you have never been in any clan yet you claim to know so much?

Seryl Cann
07-11-2001, 04:46 PM
Games (yes, Jedi Knight IS just a game) are meant as entertainment. My experience is that "elite" clans take the game to seriously. I'd rather be in a clan where you don't have to worry about beating everybody, but just having clean fun with friends (killing and pissing off newbies isn't clean fun, killing them and then teaching them a few ways they could get better is). I would never join a clan if I had to be "a good enough player" for them.

WD_ToRMeNt
07-11-2001, 04:56 PM
Personaly, I do everything I can to teach newbies. I do get annoyed when the call me a hacker though.

Now Saryl, you basicaly restated what I have said in the past. Mixing casual and hardcore gamers is really not a good idea. Because of the popularity SWs, you have a far more causual (movie fan) players the you are likely to find in a game like quake.

That is why there is such a huge gap in skill and knowleadge. It is also why there is an "elite" community seperate from the general JK population.

Now wouldn't it be nice if all the hardcore kept to fighting other hardcores and left you move fans alone? This superclan is based in part on that idea.

KillerBee
07-11-2001, 09:41 PM
1 Super clan would suck for a game, competition leads to improvement in the level of play, it happens at an individual level, but the clan gives players added incentive to improve. I doubt the top players would be as good as they are now, if there hadnt been clan rivalry to help the improvement of players

Also people who play quake and other games at a similar level to the top jkers play jk will also be in the comunity, and many of them might be keen to stay in their own clans.

(and ff guns is the only way to play jk!!!)

PreTZeL
07-11-2001, 11:10 PM
hey torment, ease up man, i know you have your beliefs, and your jk2 superclan would be elite, but dont get mad at these guys ok? i try to be nice to everyone on the zone unless they piss me off, then i go off on em, but dont be so mean, not here, this is a friendly place...
and in case you are wondering, no im not a newbie, and no im not against you...WD and DSbr are elite (so is SLDR)
there, dont get mad now...

Vagabond
07-11-2001, 11:32 PM
It makes me laugh when someone calls themself elite. Maybe they are or maybe they're not. The point is that doing so is the epitome of what the best players are not.

Let's look at Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montanna, or perhaps Derek Jeter. They are, arguably, among the best to play in their respective games, yet they are also the most humble and well-liked. Yes, they are good, and yes they know it. However, rather than boastfully singing praises about their own accomplishments, they instead practice humility, crediting the effort of the entire team.

The true so-called elites are leaders both on and off the field. Some people would do well to follow their example.

But hey, I recognize that we all have a part to play in this wacky play called life, and someone has to play the part of the braggart that nobody likes. They just shouldn't expect to be called elite by anyone but themselves :cool:

Carry on ;)

PreTZeL
07-12-2001, 12:16 AM
question:
do you like
a) shakespeare
b) elvis presley
c) plays in general
or d) all of the above...

hehe, this is not an insult, just a question

Letalis
07-12-2001, 01:47 AM
Torment, don't puff out your chest to quickly, I'm not looking for, nor do I need your approval. Just because my posts have been in support of your ideas does not mean I don't think you're arrogant, you are, and that's what people are getting annoyed at!

My experience is that "elite" clans take the game to seriously.
I can see what you're getting at, but you said it yourself, Seryl, it's just a game, and 'elite' clans are simply another way to go about playing it. They're having fun, that's just what the game designers wanted (besides money) so how can that be taking it too seriously?

Now wouldn't it be nice if all the hardcore kept to fighting other hardcores and left you move fans alone?
No, it wouldn't, how would one be able to enter the 'elite' if they couldn't play against them? The community needs to mix it up, that's why it is a community. Sure, there needs to opportunities in which those 'elites' can challenge each other, but they can't be completely isolated from the rest of the community!

but dont get mad at these guys ok?
He's not, he's simply passionately expressing his point of view. If he starts abusing people, then tell him off!

The true so-called elites are leaders both on and off the field. Some people would do well to follow their example.

Mmm, well said, basic translation: Torment, don't be so up yourself, then you'll have more respect and possibly some success in your ideas.

*Deep breath*
That really takes it out of you... ;)

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Letalis ]

GEJoeSolo
07-12-2001, 06:36 AM
hmmmm I spoke to WD-torment on the zone and he didn;t see like an ass there. however just try posting on the WD board and you will find that it's the same as it is here. must be something about message boards that get's these guys worked up.

Letalis
07-12-2001, 06:56 AM
Sorry, don't get me wrong, I don't think he's an arse. He's simply very confident about his ability to play JK. Some may even say over-confident... ;)

ReAcToR
07-12-2001, 07:38 AM
There are so many "elite" NFers but they just have bad connectionss that lag and drop packets. That isn't gonna work in JK2.

There are skilled players in all categories of Jedi Knight. There are plenty of people who have conquered Cases Ladder in the past, that had very good connections and didn't drop packets.

Well there are certain people who will be the ones who discover all the tricks, tactics, what works and what doesn't for JK2 (MaReZ, Shinji, Luke18...). Most likely, these people will be the same ones who did it in JK.

And the entire time that those above were discovering tricks/tactics, there were dozens of other players that were doing the same thing.

Then there are those (that's you, me, and the people this post was meant for) who don't care what's in the movie, they want to WIN and be the best.

And then there are those of us who are all of the above. Some of us enjoy being immersed in the Star Wars universe, but at the same time, we enjoy practicing for hundreds upon hundreds of hours to become the best that we can be.

We could really push the limits faster, train each other, DOMINTATE JK2 hehe.

There are dozens of other good clans that are thinking the same thing. Some of which no longer play JK, but used to be top clans. Just because your clan may have an edge in some areas of JK, doesn't mean that you will in JK2.

this whole "elite" thing really is getting ridiculous.. why would you stick around to PLAY a game that's (nearly) 4 years old? I can understand editing it, because I do it myself.. but playing straight JK? blech.

There are tons of reasons that people continue to play JK/MotS instead of other games. Some play because their connections don't allow them to play anything else effectively. Some play because nothing else can immerse them in the Star Wars universe like these games can. Some people like myself play, because we still consider JK/MotS to be the best game around, even after all of these years.

hehe I still think tho that older clans like DH and IRN are going to come right up behind and knock you guys on your asses..

I was thinking the same thing. ;)

The only purpose for a clan is, like already mentioned, to know something about who you're playing with so you can team up instead of playing on your own with real skills.

I take it you're not familiar with tournaments, ladders or clanwars?

A real elite Jedi Knight player walks alone.

Actually, if you would look at gaming from a realistic standpoint, without being biased, you would come to the conclusion that there are elite players in clans and out. Making generalizations such as the ones you have made usually show that you are biased towards the subject. Remember that clan members can play both in clan matches and lone matches.

Also people who play quake and other games at a similar level to the top jkers play jk will also be in the comunity, and many of them might be keen to stay in their own clans.

Exactly. There will be players from all walks of life coming to JK2. Just because you play JK doesn't mean that you will be better than someone who was an elite EF or Q3 player. You could actually argue that they have an edge with the netcode, being that it will definitely be more similar to EF/Q3 than it will be to JK.

Let's look at Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Montanna, or perhaps Derek Jeter. They are, arguably, among the best to play in their respective games, yet they are also the most humble and well-liked. Yes, they are good, and yes they know it. However, rather than boastfully singing praises about their own accomplishments, they instead practice humility, crediting the effort of the entire team.

Well stated. That is basically the way that I myself have always felt about the subject. There is nothing wrong with being confident, but boasting just shows weakness in my opinion. It's sad that the majority of skilled players in most games are jerks. That was my main reason for not joining any of the top clans and continuing to this day to avoid playing with people who act like jerks. Sure, they are usually somewhat nice to those who are in their clans, but it's how they treat EVERYONE that really matters.

however just try posting on the WD board and you will find that it's the same as it is here.

Poor guy sounds like he's speaking from experience. WD and DSbr are as famous for their hardcore attitudes/flaming as they are for being skilled players. ;)

I'm not sure of why this post wasn't posted on the Clan Forum, but that's not my concern.

I think that the major point here is that there are plenty of other people who are planning the same type of deal. I know that my clan plans on getting an early start on JK2 CTF(if it is included) and we will definitely be figuring things out as fast as any other clan.

This is similar to what we saw with the release of Q3. Not all of the top Q2 clans became top Q3 clans. There are players that will be coming from everywhere, and to assume that just because you were one of the top JK clans, that you will be a top JK2 clan, is very premature.

Jeff Walters
07-12-2001, 07:58 AM
Moving this to the clan recruiting board.

Letalis
07-12-2001, 08:27 AM
Nicely done Reactor, nicely done...

KillerBee
07-12-2001, 04:58 PM
"It makes me laugh when someone calls themself elite. Maybe they are or maybe they're not. The point is that doing so is the epitome of what the best players are not."

You seem to be mudling elite with great :)
Elite players have huge egos as well as a lot of skill.. Great players are those who remain near egoless, like WD_Death was.. although most elites are great in a 1 on 1 conversation, they usually act badly on message boards and large real time chat environments (eg main on the zone). Dunno why. people like jza, narz some of the biggest "chat rapests" are very nice on zf.. wierd..

Anyway.. a Super clan would harm the elite comunities skill levels above the rest, so maybe its a good thing :)

anyway I plan to stay clanless :) (well unless a good team based mod appears..

"this whole "elite" thing really is getting ridiculous.. why would you stick around to PLAY a game that's (nearly) 4 years old? I can understand editing it, because I do it myself.. but playing straight JK? blech."

simple the game has several aspects that no other game has yet rivalled..
Camping is next to impossible, you spawn with the best weapon in the game(the force) although not much ammo. The game truely embraces 3dimensional play, Quake etc only allows planar movement really, or going down, you are restricted to ramps and lifts for up and down movement (save the odd RJ.. which hurts). jk has great 3d movement, which levels like oasis actually emphersise (the reason its the most popular level)
jks also more about control then other fps, which are mainly about aim.. which makes it more precise.. luck doesn't feature into it so much, meaning its all about skill.
(well ff that is, playing NF sabs is stick swinging other games do it better, NF guns has always been pointless, FF bgj I find dull personally.. but thats me..)

OrIoN
07-12-2001, 10:09 PM
*sigh* cant we all just get along? besides...You all hold my pockets...

DeathBoLT
07-13-2001, 07:24 AM
simple the game has several aspects that no other game has yet rivalled..
Camping is next to impossible, you spawn with the best weapon in the game(the force) although not much ammo. The game truely embraces 3dimensional play, Quake etc only allows planar movement really, or going down, you are restricted to ramps and lifts for up and down movement (save the odd RJ.. which hurts). jk has great 3d movement, which levels like oasis actually emphersise (the reason its the most popular level)
jks also more about control then other fps, which are mainly about aim.. which makes it more precise.. luck doesn't feature into it so much, meaning its all about skill.

im saving that in a text file.. it pretty much sums up what JK has over other games for me :)

Lucky
07-13-2001, 09:38 PM
NF guns and sabers are equally complex, but they require a similar investment of time in order to learn and understand.

Since i doubt you'll ever take the time to learn nf sabs or ji to the extent you've obviously learned ff, just take my word for it, because otherwise ill have to preach on and on about ji and bgj like you just did about oasis =P

Lucky

KillerBee
07-14-2001, 03:13 PM
from what ive played of nf oasis, its alot to do with control, but it also restricts you to roots like a conventional fps.. rules like leave packs, sabs = peace mean weapon control rarely comes into it.. making it similar in many ways to q3 which is also mainly about health armour control. mines are the only extra dimension to a more conventional fps.. The splash to player velocity is a lot more generous to the shooter then q3 more comparable to q1.. although jks lag is worse. in ff the conks splash to velocity is in the favour of the person being attacked..
NF guns imho is far more like a conventional fps, and has been surpased by q3 and the likes, where as ff hasnt..
NF sabs Isn't too bad, I personally prefer it to ff sabres, although imho it isnt proper sword play, which is what sabring should be about. I am sure just as any game can be with enough attention people will work out how to get advantages in it.. but imo it feels wrong, FF is soo much fun for me I can ignore the fact it doesnt feel star warsy :).

DeathBoLT
07-14-2001, 10:07 PM
Ji O rules generated a weaker sort of gunners I think.. Oasis NF take packs is the way to go..

MadPoster
07-14-2001, 11:52 PM
A superclan?

I laugh at your feebleness.

I have slaughtered thousands of clanners on the zone and elsewhere on the net.

Odds are I have your head on a trophy board somewhere, -WD- ToRMeNt, so take it to another board.

Most clans are for wusses.

IMO, of course. :D :p

acdcfanbill
07-15-2001, 12:57 AM
just because a person is in a clan, doesnt mean they are unbeatable. what would give you that idea? there are great players in clans, and there great rogues, unfortunately for me, i am neither...

KillerBee
07-15-2001, 09:37 PM
I believe the idea is clans improve players by having experianced members train new players.. eg WD take decent players and polish them.. and the DSbr nicks the players of WD :D
The thing is when a game starts out their are no experianced players, so the idea then is that one player finds something the whole clan is told.. but if everyones in one clan then the need to find new tricks is deminished so the rate of improvement is decreased accordingly.. lots of small clans is good for growth. Clans or just groups of friends who help each other.. I was never in a real clan.. I found I liked people from a lot of different clans, who seemed to start insulting people just cause they joined one clan, so I liked to stay neutral :) and had to polish my self ;)

and IMHO oasis is the problem with nf guns.. levels like hoodwink are far more fun, or cargo soldiers for mots..

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: KillerBee ]

TheJackal_jk2
07-16-2001, 12:17 AM
I am far from elite. I know it too, I play games for fun, as entertainemnt as mentioned above. I never played in a clan because I am not interrested. The reason that I am not interrested is that ... I'M NOT INTERRESTED! :)

I wont spend hours trying to better myself or practice certain moves because I know this will bring nothing. Sure, you can brag about it with your friends or people you don't know. But don't we all hate them? ;) I mean, everybody is hipocritical (I hope i got the right english terme). We want to be like then and brag, yet we hate them.

I pretty much stopped playing C-S because all the good servers are flooded with people who talk like a hyperactif trout that has 3 fingers and an attention disorder (aka, those who want to be "1337". I also cannot stand hackers (no it's not poiting at good players and saying they hack, it's obvious. Go <a herf="http://www.jediknightii.net/_jackal/">here</a> to see screenshots of cheaters I made)

I've met a few clans that are out there just to have fun. In counter-strike the only clan I encountered without any gloating or etc would be the [COP] clan. But that's IT.

Anyways, this is my 2 cents I did in 5 minutes. So if you don't understand or whatever or don't approve... :p

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: TheJackal ]

Chewie_Rips
07-18-2001, 01:07 AM
Super clan??? LMAO....hmmmm, trying to restrain from some serious bashing, as I have never been one to prey on the weak or narrow minded...but hey, this is one of those "cant just say nothing" moments.

"If you dont have the link, ask a WD for it on the zone. Unless we know you and you have a rep among the elites, Ill delete your post"

This statement pretty much somes it up, in terms of unparralled egotistic behavior...Unless we know you??? If you have a rep among the elites?? If you haven't heard of someone, that means they are not "Worthy" or welcome....god help you....you should be carefull of the way you portray yourself, as you never know who your talking to....

"There is a topic on the WD board that you (good players only) should read."

How hypocritical is that???

"We're talking about WD and DSbr merging into one unstoppable JK clan so we can dominate JK2 as well. WD_NiGhTMaReZ is really pushing for it, along with several others. Many of the oldschool WDs and DSbrs are returning for JK2"

you mean dominate ff gunz/sabers right...so, since you only about 30-40%( probably 15% gunners) of JK players online play this "frequently", seems to me you are the minority???

"HAHAHA NF Sabers HAHAHAHA. NEWS FLASH: NF sabers will be nothing like it was in JK. The lag that helped you in JK will kill you in Q3. There are so many "elite" NFers but they just have bad connectionss that lag and drop packets. That isn't gonna work in JK2."

NEWS FLASH ToRment...you must be a "HARDCORE"( that hardcore statement makes me want to puke) gunner, since you haven't played enough to get good at sabers?? Lag...since when is lag only in nf saber games??? I guess your connection knows weither or not you are playing ff guns or nf sabers....some new technolgy that only "elites"( which consist of ToRment and a few of his buddies that can't get chicks) now about.....lol....

"As far as NF sabs, we don't care."

Wonder why??? could it be because it takes more time to get good at NF sabers, since allot more people play this than anything else?? Maybe you got good or Elite...lol...at ff guns, ff sabers, cause it was easier for you with allot less competition. Plus, most people wouldn't take the time to get good at guns in jk, when they can play CT or UT?? I'd have to say that 70% of the players like to play JK cause its the only place to have saber duels..cause they are Star Wars fans...yes the friggin movies....we are all fans of the movies and some of like the books...are you not a fan...how did you hear about SW??? Maybe you chose to get good at guns in JK cause there was too much competition in other games like UT and CT???

"With the Q3 engine in JK2, we'll prolly have a powerfull NF sabs branch as well"

I doubt it....too many causal gamers, or "movie fans" in there....awww poor baby, to much competition...lol

You alwasy say its about winning right??? well since lag effects both players, why would this help you win...and if lag helps you win, then you should be all for it right???

Like i have said numerous times...play what you like as its just a game....as far as Most of the players wanted to play sabers, ff or nf...this alone makes it impossible to dominate jk, or jko. You prefernces are your own, and that is cool, but the reality is the true "Elite" player in this conversation.... Final Score: ToRment -10 Reality 100...( sorry for posting the scores ToRment, but I need a reference point...and yes those are negatives bye ToRments name).....lol.....I truly have sunk to his level...god forgive me..
:(

ReAcToR
07-18-2001, 11:16 PM
[eVe]DeathBoLT:

Ji O rules generated a weaker sort of gunners I think.. Oasis NF take packs is the way to go..

I agree. I'm not saying that there aren't Ji O players that aren't capable of being good in "take packs" as well as "leave packs" but people seem to forget that Ji Oasis was created to be a "training level" to train for Canyon Oasis. Those people who only play "leave packs" are missing out on the other great elements of deathmatch. They are under the misconception that the one who holds the Concussion Rifle is the one who wins, when in reality, the one with the best strategy/aim/timing wins.

MadPoster

Most clans are for wusses.

Statements like that are meant only to offend those who are in clans/guilds and to do so is pointless. Showing your bias by insulting clan members by calling them "wusses" doesn't prove anything other than showing that you don't have any evidence to back up your theory. I myself and am in a clan and have been since 1998. I don't understand why being in a clan, makes you a "wuss." I've been studying martial arts and other forms of combat since I was in middle school(am now 21) and doubt very much that I or anyone else with reasonable intelligence would be afraid of a video game or a person that plays against us in a video game.

TheJackal:

I wont spend hours trying to better myself or practice certain moves because I know this will bring nothing.

It brings one countless hours of enjoyment/fun. Gaming is considered an escape and a sport by many of us. Did Michael Jordan play Basketball for bragging rights? I would like to think that he did it for fun and for the love of the game. It's inevitable that computer gaming will eventually become a televised sport. We are already seeing "professional gamers" being sponsored by companies such as Gamespy.

Sure, you can brag about it with your friends or people you don't know.

You seem to be generalizing skilled players. There are alot of skilled players that take pride in having nice attitudes in and out of the game. Just because someone is a top player in a particular game, doesn't necessarily mean that they are like the smack-talkers that are the majority.

Chewie_Rips

could it be because it takes more time to get good at NF sabers, since allot more people play this than anything else??

Although you have a valid point, I would have to explain that there are alot of players like myself, who were beating top 25 players on Cases Ladder when we had less than 6 months of JK experience. There are alot of FFers that I can't lay a hand on, even after years of practice. Why all categories of JK take skill, I would argue that some may take more than others, although you could say that this is mere speculation.

Maybe you got good or Elite...lol...at ff guns, ff sabers, cause it was easier for you with allot less competition.

FF is at least as difficult to master as NF. I don't think that there is much of an argument here because of the flood of extra keys and techniques that must be mastered in FF. Again, all categories of JK take skill, people may disagree on how much skill, but there is no hardcore evidence in either argument.

Plus, most people wouldn't take the time to get good at guns in jk, when they can play CT or UT??

There are countless JK NF gunners that could probably go and play Q3 or UT but they stick with JK. I would argue that they do this because of the netcode, because they prefer JK's weapons and because they prefer the SW universe. Q3 and UT are good games, but JK NF guns is nothing like those games(besides that fact that you must aim to hit something).

Maybe you chose to get good at guns in JK cause there was too much competition in other games like UT and CT???

There is good competition in all categories of every game. There are alot of hardcore NF gunners in JK and even those hardcore JK gunners of the past have gone on to be good gunners in other games. I wouldn't assume that new games such as UT have better competition, they just have "more" competition, because of the player population differences.

as far as Most of the players wanted to play sabers, ff or nf...this alone makes it impossible to dominate jk, or jko.

True. The only way to "dominate" a game would be to have the top players in all categories of that game. To ignore some categories while playing others, is anything but "dominaton."

I myself think of games as a sport. There are thousands of clans that think in this same way. They are the clans that compete on ladders and in tournaments. Some of us play for the love of competition while enjoying the benefits of comradery and some play for just fun alone. Either way, people should play for whatever reason they want and shouldn't be made to feel inferior because of their choice. I consider myself to be a hardcore gamer at the moment, but eventually I will be working 40 hours a week and going to school full time and won't have the time to be a hardcore gamer anymore. I would like to think that I would still be respected as a casual gamer, in the same way that I was as a hardcore gamer. It's all about fun. Choose how you want to have fun and stick with it, but realize that alot of us are in clans because we find it "fun" not because we want to brag about our skills.

MadPoster
07-18-2001, 11:55 PM
I've been studying martial arts and other forms of combat since I was in middle school(am now 21) and doubt very much that I or anyone else with reasonable intelligence would be afraid of a video game or a person that plays against us in a video game.

And what does that have to do with most of the whiny chumps that form clans? The ones where I get the beg boot from games because that think I am cheating, when in fact they can't play the game and I am just kick them across the map. I don't cheat, I don't see the need for it.

I don't expect anyone to be scared of me. It's only a vidiot game, and any chumps opinions don't need a shred of evidence to back them up, just personal experence.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few (very very few) clans that seem ok, (MERC (sp?)comes to mind)but I am still not interested in them.

Clans don't make you elite. Skill makes you elite. And blow hards are ineveitable full of air. Someone needs to bring them down, and I volinteer.

Any other points you need me to clarify?

Any buddy?

Chewie_Rips
07-19-2001, 05:48 PM
Great counter thoughts to my post ReActer, and I agree with most of the statements, as we are on the same page...I was basically stating a point, in various different ways.
Althgouh I do not play in a clan, I think beeing part of a clan, or a team, is great for those who enjoy it. However, from my experiance, most clan memebers seem to think that since they are in a clan,only memebers of there clan or other clans have skill and are worthy opponents or hardcore gamers. Its almost like they join a clan just for the notiriety, and stature( i dont want to include all clan members under this statement, I'm just pointing out the higher percentage, or majority) The funny side of this, most clan members also sign on with names that don't have their clan name associated with them, so they can play in a relaxed game with indivdual or non clan members. And I completely agree with you about there being allot of competition in all formats of play, and that it takes equal amount of skill and dedication to be good at what you do..I was just simply stating that, based on fact, there would be more hardcore, or higher skilled players( just cause more play) in nf Sabers than say FF guns, and so on. Meaning, since there are multiple options to play JK, it would be easier to achieve stature in the less frequently played formats. And I agree that ToRment and other players may play JK guns, for there own personal reasons, but to make a statment that NF Sabers is weak, or takes less skill because of lag and other reasons, simply leads me to belive he has a little hostility towards this format, since he has acheived more with guns. As I have told ToRment numerous times, his preference are his prefernce and he should do what makes him happy. However, making bold statmements with out justiying them, simply leaves him vulerable to intellegent deabte.....Your comments all around though were great, and intellegently spoken....

:D

ReAcToR
07-19-2001, 09:40 PM
MadPoster:

Thanks for clarifying your view. It seems that you just didn't choose the right word when you used "wusses". Generally people use the word "wuss", "wussy" or "wussie" as a replacement for the rhyming word that is a part of the female anatomy. That just implied to me that you were saying that either clanners were a part of the female anatomy, or that they were somehow less of a man because they are in a clan. Again, thanks for clarifying.

DeathBoLT
07-19-2001, 10:19 PM
"If you dont have the link, ask a WD for it on the zone. Unless we know you and you have a rep among the elites, Ill delete your post"

This statement pretty much somes it up, in terms of unparralled egotistic behavior...Unless we know you??? If you have a rep among the elites?? If you haven't heard of someone, that means they are not "Worthy" or welcome....god help you....you should be carefull of the way you portray yourself, as you never know who your talking to....

"There is a topic on the WD board that you (good players
chewie, his way of thinking is derived from the sad state of the JK community. its so small that its hard to be good and NOT known.

KillerBee
07-19-2001, 11:02 PM
gives up counting the number of times his been asked if he is an alias

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: KillerBee ]

ReAcToR
07-20-2001, 01:10 AM
I'm like a bird...
I only fly away...
I dunno where my soul is...
I dunno where my home is.

Celestial
08-06-2001, 10:52 AM

Kurgan
08-06-2001, 12:03 PM
Glad to see people starting to use the Clan Recruiting board! Best of luck on all your future ventures.

However, I will say that I find it amusing that anybody here is claiming they know who is going to be good at JK2.

In all truth and honesty, nobody can say they will be good at it, until the game has been released and people have had time to practice and learn the new stuff. There WILL be many new things, it won't be identical to JK/MotS or Quake3.

The trickle of information from Raven/LEC we've been getting has been making this point more and more clear, as I see it.

Obviously, there is still a lot we don't know about the MP gameplay, and until each of us gets hands-on, we can't begin to start to master the new challenges.

Yes basic FPS skills will I'm sure have some effect, but even in the case of MotS, I remember "elite" JKers having to learn new stuff (and many of them getting frustrated because they weren't automatically dominating MotS games like they had JK), myself included.

So my advice is, go ahead and form up your ranks now if you want to, but leave the trash talking and bragging (about future and potential key word here, victories) until you can actually meet on the servers.

Incidentally, I would not join a clan, unless it were something like the "official/unofficial" JK2.net clan/group idea that was suggested some time ago.

My reasons being, not that I am not a good player, or cannot be, but that I like to play a variety of game types, I like to play with different people, and I am not so caught up in "our group is the best/has to be the best/win at all costs" type of attitude that I think (unfortunately) many clans have. The image they project to me is of a group of people who can't enjoy themselves unless they were constantly crushing and insulting their opponents.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with enjoying competition. Obviously that has a place and is very enjoyable for a good many players, myself included. I just think that when this becomes the only goal, without admitting that no one is so good that they will never ever lose (there is always somebody potentially better or luckier than you), that it hurts their's and others enjoyment of the game. I hate playing against sore losers or people who non-stop trash talk when they win.

Maybe I have given an unfair assesment of clanners in general, but unfortunatley I've seen a lot of it in the JK community in the past (which is probably not something unique to the JK community either). I've known a few clans that were good groups that encouraged each other to get better and were good competition, but at the same time had good sportsmanship. It were these types of groups that made me proud to be part of the online JK community.

Sorry for the rant.. and good luck! ; )

Kurgan

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Kurgan
08-06-2001, 05:18 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention, is on the issue of "ganging up" (ie: having an "alliance" with another player in a "free for all" game).

Personally I can't condemn this practice, because I've done it myself, and I've had it done on me (and I didn't complain).

Maybe it takes less skill than beating everyone on your own to dominate a game, I admit that. Of course not everyone works as a good team.

In fact, it was actually quite fun in most cases, where somebody was REALLY GOOD and a friend and I worked together to try to defeat him (along with the other participants of course).

On other occasions when I was joining a game, I noticed that I was the best player there, so when the other players were getting discouraged, I suggested that they team up against me (which they agreed to readily). And this is what I often do even when I am not the host.

I think that in either of these cases, it is alright to do, but it's probably not for everyone. The host of the game has the final say (which I think it ultimately comes down to anyway on the issue of game rules). If the people joining don't like it, they can find another game or host their own, etc.

Kurgan

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Dante
08-06-2001, 05:25 PM
all im gona say is this...JK2 is a NEW game with new dynamics and a new way of things...just because you were king in Q2 doesnt mean you'll be king in Q3...in fact those of us who play Q3 rather than JK or UT will be alot more familiar with the game dynamic than anyone else...so about this "super Clan"...all im gona say is ill see you guys out there... ;)

Celestial
08-07-2001, 10:33 AM
Well said Kurgan. (psst its Osyrus) :p

Anyhow, a super clan could work if the game was released, duh! ;)

MadPoster
08-07-2001, 09:01 PM
I have to agree with Kurgan, mostly because the ones that talk the most trash whine the loudest when I whup em.

That is not a boast, just a statment of fact. :cool:

NeJJa
08-11-2001, 05:04 PM
i starting playing jedi knight awhile back in like mid 98. i started out as NF sabers because it was the moajority of games on the zone. i did the newbie thing drifted from clan to clan for awhile until i joined "The Ancients". i joined right before the peak of taht clan, and really i had no idea what a clan should be before that. we had so much fun on t he zone, i can honestly say i played and enjoyed doing so with nearly all of the 40+ members at one time or another. it was a great clan, some of the most fun ive had in jedi knight, and its where i learned my basic gunning skills and some FF. when i see people degrading clans in general, it sort of makes me mad. you cant just state "clans are dumb" or something to that effect. it really depends on the clan, especially when you get to clans that are at the upper levels of the game (not implying ancient was :p ). ancient fell apart after a year and a half (about 8 months after i joined). i really drifted from TeK to NK then i went on a hiatus from JK for a few months for personal reasons. when i returned i started playing pickup NF guns games with some of my old pals that where still around, and i met HDK_Deathbolt (he be da man!! :)).
we played some FF bgj teams games, along with just hanging out on the zone. i was also good friends with hdk_gresuf and sheff. soon i was in HDK and honing my NF guns and FF guns skills. this game is like nothing else, and it makes me very nostalgic to think of it being too much differant in JK2. i know many of us (including myself) strive to be in the elite group of players online. well, what im trying to say is that when i was in Ancient, it was like my have fun newbie days, just messing around and having good times with online buds. but, when i was in hdk (still am :D ), it was like my days of striving to get good and be one of the elite players on the zone. and really, those are the two types of players posting here. the have-funs and the competitives. between my have-fun days with ancient, and my competetive days with hdk, i can honestly say i enojyed them both nearly the same, but in very differant ways. there is no right or wrong to this game, it is defanetly IMHO the best game of all time. i hope to expierence the best of both worlds in JK2, whether it be on my own, in a JK2 elite superclan, or just with a group of buds messing around online. if raven can recreate that kind of versatility and fun, i will be more than satisfied. ant btw i hope its on the zone :) i know it wont be but still.. zone is unmatched in community.. well that is my post.

Kurgan
08-11-2001, 11:40 PM
True enough.. you really can't know if you're going to be good at JK2 until you've put in the time and practice to get good (after it comes out).

After all, the people who played JK/MotS might have an idea of the force/saber, although it will be different in JK2, and the lag will be different. Plus the weapons will be different.

People who play Q3/Q3:TA/ST:Elite Force may be familiar with the network model, but they won't be with the force and sabers or the new weapons.

General FPS skills may help you learn how to fight with the guns quicker than somebody who is new to FPS games, and using sabers might come quicker to those who are familiar with using melee weapons in games like JK and Rune. And using Force powers may come quicker to those JKers, but you're right: it's a whole new ball game.

So nobody will be completely prepared, and nobody will be an automatic master, we'll all just have to learn together, then we'll see who's "elite."

Celestial, good to see you again. How many name changes have you gone through?

Let me count some of the ones I think I remember, correct me if I'm wrong:

Osyrus Kenobi
at least two others before that
LordMinkus

PS: About the Zone, I hope it's NOT there, personally, as the Zone had some of the worst slowest, buggiest software and the poorest moderation I'd ever seen. The only reason it was good for JK was because it was the ONLY official place to play JK. Microsoft and LEC had a deal, and the only other places to play were very small and unofficial by comparison.

It wasn't until basically this year that you saw GameSpy Arcade add JK/MotS and start up a second place to play, but last I checked it was still very small in comparison to the Zone (maybe 1-5% of the games being played online).

Wherever the players go, that is the community, doesn't matter where you build it, so long as you build it. I just want to have a choice where to play, that's all.

Kurgan

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Celestial
08-12-2001, 12:43 AM
actually

Osyrus
Osi-Den
Celestial

its because everyone had Osyrus in other games, but hardly anyone used Celestial. : /

forgive me? :p

DeathBoLT
08-12-2001, 05:55 AM
the likelyhood of DSbr and WD joining is slim. AeRoN will never let DSbr die or go away. The only way a merger between WD and DSbr is DSbr absorbing WD.

Kurgan
08-13-2001, 03:29 AM
Yeah that always sucks, there's a couple of folks on my list who've changed names so much, I don't even remember how I know them.. ; p

Kurgan

Celestial
08-13-2001, 07:52 AM
lol kurgy

Dante
08-15-2001, 06:24 PM
i play rune and i play Q3...and im used to using various hot keys for the rune power ups...so basically i would be the dogs bollocks in JK2?!...cool!!! :D

Kurgan
08-16-2001, 02:28 AM
Doubtfull, because the powers in Rune are very different from those in JK/MotS and those purported to be in JK2.

In Rune, except for the blood lust pickup (just a damage enhancer, like the Quad damage from Quake fame), and the health pickup (just your generic "mega health"), all of the runes are enhancements for your WEAPONS. That is, if you're carrying the Sigurd Axe, and you use the Rune power, it turns it into an Ice Axe temporarily. If you chuck the weapon or switch to another, the effect ends.

So being good at Rune probably wouldn't have any bearing on you being good at JK2 (in theory), except for some basic third person sword fighting tactics.

Kurgan

GOD_Soul_Star
08-16-2001, 06:18 PM
Ahh the ancients now there was a good group of guys.. I myself was retiring from JK about the time the ancients came about but they did invite me to join but since I had played so much in the past I was ready to move on to other things. I will be glad to see a good group of NF saberists like ancient spring up in the future. BTW what was your ancient name? I may know you since I have fought with some of you guys b4.

I think the idea of Uber clans is a little dumb though ... GOD wasnt an uber clan by any means but I defeated many good players from many clans Ancients, merc, element, WaR, and WD included in those. Just because you are a member of an uber guild doesnt mean there aren't better players out there .. some of the best players I have ever played remained guildless.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: GOD_Soul_Star ]

Vagabond
08-16-2001, 09:24 PM
Amen, brother.

WD_ToRMeNt
08-17-2001, 02:58 AM
This is all very funny. This was origionaly posted in the main discussion as an invitation to the true hardcore JKers. It was moved, and every newbie had to put his/her 2 cents into a topic with was none of his/her buisness, as the origional intent excluded the many.

There are only 2 or 3 people on this topic that I respect as FFers. It was funny to read the the things that come out of a newbie mind though lol.

BTW, It doesn't matter how long you've played JK. I've encountered people who have played for years and still haven't a clue. I was raping longtimers into the negs after only a few months. What matters is what you know and what attitude you possess.

access_flux
08-17-2001, 06:24 AM
true torment, absolutely true.

Celestial
08-17-2001, 09:35 AM
w3rd.

Vagabond
08-18-2001, 01:17 AM
I can always count on this thread for a good laugh :cool:

foob
08-18-2001, 06:09 AM
wtf lol you guys are friggin hilarious

whats with all this l33t **** lol

YubYub
08-18-2001, 06:25 AM
Everyone starts from scratch yes? Well there are certain people who will be the ones who discover all the tricks, tactics, what works and what doesn't for JK2 (MaReZ, Shinji, Luke18...). Most likely, these people will be the same ones who did it in JK.

Sure these guys may find some tricks but unless they are familiar with the q3 engine i extremely doubt that (barr shinji). They will allready be at a disavntage for not knowing any circular strafing or long jumping or even how to move properly. They will be liek all people who start q3... moving horribly.

An empire of all the best players from JK1 is still a cool idea though hehe.

Yes it is but dont count on them... personally i think the DH, MERC and IRN guys will cain everyone as tehy were the best in their day at JK and know Q3 inside and out. These dsbr and wd people know JK but they dont know Q3.

Ya just read what DB said...your 100% right.

This is all very funny. This was origionaly posted in the main discussion as an invitation to the true hardcore JKers. It was moved, and every newbie had to put his/her 2 cents into a topic with was none of his/her buisness, as the origional intent excluded the many.

statements like this torment truly show your inexperience with large groups of people and why your elite group will not succeed. You can count on may people purposely opposing this and teh people in it if they are goign to be so arrogant and think themselves as god. Currently it is a level playing field where you sit evenly with someone who has never played JK or q3. Everyone is entitle to post on this thread...if you dont want peoples opinions then dont post here.

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: YubYub ]

WD_ToRMeNt
08-18-2001, 06:38 AM
Actually, that last post was meant to showcase my arrogance, bad attitude, and utter lack of respect for MOST people.

If you don't have the right mindset, you'll never get anywhere.

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]

foob
08-19-2001, 10:29 AM
LOL

ur a fruitcake

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: foob ]

KillerBee
08-21-2001, 12:57 AM
yub, q3s jumps were toggleable, and not just bugs as original, they could be turned off in mods. raven might opt to turn them off in jo.. I hope not, as I love trick jumps.
I can't remember if EF had them switched on.. I didnt get into it properly but that might be an indication.

As for the people who will do best, my money is on old jkers who changed to q2 and q3..
like one of my mates at uni, who used to be high up on nf sabs ladders, but moved to q3.
I've dabbled with the quakes, but appart from learning to trick jump and lan games haven't played seriously online, tho I intend to play more, when I get round to it..

YubYub
08-21-2001, 07:23 AM
Yes a few mods have turned off the depth of movement in q3 which in my opinion is Q3's best attribute. If Raven keep the movement the same as VQ3 then you can count on what i said happening. I know a lot of extremely good players in q3 that still have shocking movement but can still beat 80% of the q3 community.

1 of the mods out there for Q3 has an older style of movement which some belive to be the bee's knees and others who think it is terrible. The promode movement though can really distinguish players though. If you are an expert mover in VQ3 then it will take you a while to get the promode movement down perfect as well as all teh bunny hops and the new jumps you can do on each map by exploiting the movement.

Personally i hope JK sticks to the VQ3 movement and leaves the older q2 cpma movement models behind as i think they would be 2 fast for accurate saber battles and are only good for small maps.

KillerBee
08-21-2001, 06:30 PM
mm Q3s jump dynamics is what made me play if first.. where as before I was playing ut more.. but it just adds another dimension..
I would like them to keep them on, however the use of them might not be extremely useful if force speed is the same as in jk.. I doubt you would have the room to build up the speed..
also the force might be reason for them to turn them off, as they may think the force is where the intresting dynamics should come from instead..

Personally I prefered q2s jump dynamics to q3s, double jumps were great, and it always seemed easier to bunny hop in for me.

DarkEra
08-23-2001, 01:21 PM
Clans, IMO, are mainly based on attitude. If you don't like clans, that is your attitude and opinion. There is no reason for all this back and forth crap. Still that is my opinion.

Myself, I stuck to Kali and had a lot of fun when people from the Zone came to challenge us to NF sabers. They were slaughtered for the most part.

Plus, I have a friend who was in WD (WD_HTML i believe his nick was). He is one of the nicest people you could meet, and he did an excellent training people.
I also have a friend who was in DSBr (DSBr_combo).
Also a friend who was in MERC (MERC_Patwar)

Clans can be "elite". As long as they provide more fun than you would have on your own. (which I believe to be a lot more, especially in the case that you know people you can game with).

Saying you don't like clans = fine.

Insulting other clans = idiotic.

Side Note: If Oasis is not in JK2, then myself or another mapper will most likely map it themselves.

-DarkEra

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: DarkEra ]

KillerBee
08-23-2001, 04:58 PM
Despite many offers I always stayed clanless, simply cause when I was "growing up" I made many friends from all over.
where as people who had seemingly been friendly to other players, got very insulting to people who joined a rival clan.
that seem completely stupid so I decided to stay out of it all, although It would prolly have helped my play a lot if I had joined, it just seemed to much hassle..

where is HTML at now? I havent seen him since he was a she :) (well so someone told me he was a she after (s)he left the zone, tho I always thought html was a bloke.. might have just been bs. tho I never saw him/her again to ask.)

As for stating you will be building CO, well I would wait, if the dynamics of jk2 are significantly different you might end up spoiling the level, I always thought the conversion for mots was annoying as hell, it never felt right, the water and stuff..
my personal view is to leave Oasis as a classic of gaming back in jk, where it plays perfectly.. and get on to new pastures.

wardz
08-23-2001, 05:59 PM
Killerbee is right,

they always say never go back or it will ruin what you had before.

I think that would fit perfectly here, its time try out something different.

wardz

WD_ToRMeNt
08-23-2001, 09:16 PM
LOL You didn't know WD_HTML very well. HTML was a her not a him.

WoKiE_SiTh
08-24-2001, 09:18 AM
WTF i want in the super clan the only problem is gona be the community the elites wont play jk2 on zone cause its not peer to peer and will be laggy so a couumnity hasto be made,

DarkEra
08-24-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by -WD- ToRMeNt:
<STRONG>LOL You didn't know WD_HTML very well. HTML was a her not a him.</STRONG>

Have you ever met him off the computer?
I have never met a girl with the name of Peter.

As for where HTML is now, he was helpin me with a bunch of things on Kali, and now once again dissapeared into the devilish world of Everquest as a guide.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: DarkEra ]

Agen
10-24-2001, 08:32 PM
I quite like the idea of a jk2 superclan because then u could c the best of the original game and the only probs would be there would be no rivalry in other clans probably if dsbr and WD join cause they kick ass, it would cause of the other guys to **** emselves and not play yous and hten u would have no-one to play it with but otherwise it's a good idea...... And after that (we/u whatever u pick)would show them This Game aint for pussies!!
And as for being so big headed, being big headed gives u strengh so i would be but i'm 2 modest :) (not really) and what about BSBRampage..... He was good

Darth Kiil
10-25-2001, 01:15 AM
Elite is a word that, interestingly enough, people label themselves or their clanmates as. That, my friends, is sheer arrogance. If you need to label yourself and your friends, then you have some personal identity problems. If you're going to go around doing that, why don't you just walk around the streets of your home town and point to yourself saying "rich" or "handsome"? There's always someone out there whpo has an advantage over you in that one area you brag about. It's the entire package that makes you an individual, not a label.

Averron
10-28-2001, 12:05 PM
*sigh*

TrUeFoRcE
10-31-2001, 08:06 PM
i would be interested in joining torment, i havent played jk in a while though i was in a clan called dsa when i did play but they broke up, anyways jk2 will be completely different from the original so people's skill levels will dramatically change, my friend matt might want to join as well...last i knew his name was (??)_droors i forgot the clan name he is in now

WD_ToRMeNt
10-31-2001, 09:45 PM
Would that have been DSbr_Droors? I knew him and I think we did a WD vs DSbr battle once(THINK it was Me/Gambit vs Droors/some other dsbr and we won) WD and DSbr have always been the top FF clans and rivals. Anyways the superclan idea had died down a bit do to some conflicts within the competative JK community, which is almost non existant now anyway.

DSbr is more or less dead now but WD lives on. We were friends and not just team mates. Once you actually join you'll find WDs to be great people, but we arn't always so respectfull to unknowns.

Anyway we've already had some old time WD legands come back to the clan/get active again (Prodigy, Rage, Gambit, Luke18 and others). Granted our overall activity has slumped just like every other jk clan, but when JK2 comes out...

We do live with the possibility that JK2 will suck and/or be newbie. It won't matter because Unreal2 will be out at about the same time. Q4 and Doom will be out in about and year as well.

If ur intrested check out www.wdonline.com. (http://www.wdonline.com.) Also we have #wdonline at irc.enterthegame.com. We only recruit JK members who are expert. We except members in UT and rogue spear who arn't expert though. For U2 and JK2 we'll recruit based on potential. Course, when JK2 and UT2 have been around for a while it'll be a lot harder to get into WD for those games.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]

TrUeFoRcE
11-01-2001, 01:41 AM
ya he was in dsbr..not sure if hes in that clan now but im pretty sure he was in it..i dont know if hes still doing FF though i heard he was in top nf gunner clan on the zone, i guess he changed playing style or something.

Millions o' Monkeys
11-03-2001, 08:27 AM
i cant belive you people are still going on this thread

Agen
11-03-2001, 02:25 PM
Hey what did ya expect.. we're talking about WD here, they'll never give up :)The L337 thing is good for ur ego but u don't c yoda or qui gonn taking the piss out of Obi in TPM do u?

Millions o' Monkeys
11-03-2001, 09:00 PM
call terminator :cool:

Lacer8
11-16-2001, 05:00 AM
You guys crack me up........

[ This was inappropriate, please show some respect on our forums, thanks. - Kurgan ]

[ November 16, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

DeathBoLT
11-18-2001, 06:02 PM
the superclan would have never happened.. too many experts(now retired) remember the days of when there was more than 2 ff clans, and the old phrase, "WD newbies" would always come to mind. they wouldn't join something that bears the name 'WD'. WD was looked down upon 2 years ago..

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

WD_ToRMeNt
11-18-2001, 11:46 PM
Actually that came from a time when WD wasn't so elitest and accepted way more members.

DeathBoLT
11-19-2001, 01:21 AM
unfortunately, u guys held to that loose membership recruting policy up until there were only a handful of decent players in JK.

GDS_VaporZ
11-22-2001, 11:25 AM
Emmm does this thread not include the good mots players too, or do the jkers asume they are gonna rule this entire game when its released?

If so then your rather stupid!

GDS_VaporZ
11-22-2001, 11:54 AM
This will proberbly piss a few jkers off but if it does then tough ****.

First off some of you jkers have it set in ya head that you will rule jk2, now ok you might be a good clan or player in jk2, but, there will be new clans coming through that will proberbly make it big.

Persoanlly i think yes there will be a few jk clans from past that will be big in jk2, proberbly DSbr, WD and JaG maybe, but ruleing out the Mots clans is totally stupid. Just coz alot of the jkers hated the mots players or disliked mots in general dosn't mean the big mots clans won't shine through in jk2.

For example i know for a fact if DIK (dedicated intelligent knights) decided to move onto jk2, they without a doubt are gonna be one of the clans to beat, as they were almost unstoppable at mots. Also you can't rule out clans like NBK, or my clan GDS who were also amoung the best mots produced, there are other clans like 435, GI, JOTS who might also make an impact if they decided on playing the game.

In my own personal opinion yes jk had some damn good players don't get me wrong, coz i played jk a fair bit myself, but mots best players were as good as the jkers belive me. Mots had some of the best FF players the zone will eva see, mots ff was as hard if not harder than jk ff, bearing in mind you had twice the amount of forces to use at any one time and about 5 or 6 good ff levels to choose from. If a jk player had challenged a good mots FF player in mots, then they woulda gotten badly whooped and of course that goes for a mots player challenging a jker. I think jk definantly had the betta nf gunners, no doubts there, in mots howeva some of the soldiers (pers) were extremerly good and i know for a fact that although a jker could use a conc rifle betta than a mots player, a mots player could use a rail gun and therms far betta than a jker.

My final point being the jkers shouldn't get too far ahead of themselves thinking their gonna be the outstanding force in jk2, coz the mots players will be right there with them, maybe not quite as many but still more than enough to make a huge impact. I'm gonna have to say though that the mots and jk players will have the advantage over any Q3 players who move into jk2, for the simple reason that we will be able to adapt to using force much quicker than them.

Ok thats my say, peace!

DeathBoLT
11-22-2001, 09:43 PM
I remain skeptical of any JK(or MotS :P) Clan that hasn't already proven its ability to be able to move from one game to another and play with that game as equals to the players already indigenous to that game or game series.

I apologize if the conversations occuring in this thread has left you feeling slighted Vaporz, and I agree that MotS has produced some of the finer players that have graced the dark forces series, but its foolish to say 'i know for a fact' until you've actually played the game.

The only thing one can really be relatively certain is that if this game is true to the common fpser style of game, is that the people who have grasped the base 'run 'n' gun' concepts of first-person shooters will have an easier time pioneering and developing strategies to play the game.

On the other hand, FF[alot of which is purely 'instinctual' reactions(i.e. you see a opponent and u grip him in less than a second automatically)] players may intially have trouble breaking with these automatic reactions in the face of something that old force tactics won't apply successfully to.

I'd place my money on those who have played JK then moved on to Quake 3 successfully, and maybe played EF succssfully on the competitive field(I have never played EF, but I would think Raven would design JK2 to play simliarly to EF).

ed- correcting slight comprehensibility problems.

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: DeathBoLT ]

Da_BuFfNeSs
11-23-2001, 07:25 AM
Why would anyone want to join a clan with a *** like 'Nightmarez' in it.....

Theres only gonna be him in the clan,

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUPER CLAN!

Nyerrrrrrrr

Dickwads

NuForce
12-01-2001, 10:39 PM
Here's my 2 cents worth.

I'm not fond of superclans. What happens is that you end up with 1 or 2 clans that can actually compete against each other. All of the other clans get stomped.

I play in an EliteForce (QuakeIII based game)clan. We played in the league and ended up in the middle of the standings. There is now only one clan that dominates. This clan recruited the best members from all of the other clans. Many players deserted just so they can say that they belong to that clan.

The problem I have with this is that it destroyed the league. Even though there are plenty of clans playing EF the league is less 3 clans and it looks like it's going to fold. Now the only thing the super clan can do for competition is play against it's self.

Everyone knows it would be best for league play to have the talent spread out.

So WD ToRMenT and the rest of you superclaners, go ahead and creat your [SC]Superclan...I hope a JK2 league can survive it.

"Beware of my DarkSide"
[TE]NuForce

PreTZeL
12-13-2001, 12:22 PM
SLDR used to be l337....
what happened to seph? i was goin into jk2 with him....did he die or something?

Vagabond
12-13-2001, 06:08 PM
People, it is difficult to say that JK players or MotS players will be better than the other at JKII, since none of us really knows what the game will be like. Will it be similar to JK/MotS? Likely. Will it be identical to either JK/MotS in gameplay? Unlikely.

What is probably fair to say is that both JK and MotS players will have somewhat of an advantage over people who have never played JK/MotS simply because their minds have been conditioned into thinking beyond mere weapons, but to include the Force into their tactics and longer-term strategies.

Let's be honest - there was a significant learning curve in JK/MotS for FPS players in grasping the creative ways that the Force could be used to one's advantage, or to another's disadvantage. And unfortunately many gamers were never able to reach the summit of this mountain - the eureka moment when most of us, for lack of a better term, became one with the Force.

This is how most of us will benefit from our past experience. Will there be a new learning curve for us to learn JKII? Count on it. But for those of us who are accustomed to thinking in terms of the Force, what may be a mountain to beginners, will likely be a moderate hill for the rest of us.

Comparisons between how JK players will be at JKII versus MotS players is baseless, in my opinion, merely appearing as empty boasting.

BigE
12-14-2001, 01:43 PM
I have never played Jedi Knight multiplayer seriously. I do have loads of experience with Unreal Tournament. I was a UT CTF player in one of Europe's top clans, so that should (or should not ;)) say something.

I tried to understand the concept of Jedi Knight 2 and I think it will be controlled by the people who have excellent movement and aiming skills, rather then the spamming, crawling/hiding/camping, trick/bug exploiting players that I have witnessed in most other games including Jedi Knight. Jedi Knight will probably be pure. Or at least I hope so.

About clans.. I'm probably gonna revive my UT clan and add a division to it. Don't have it all worked out though, but I think an already existing clan with organisation and a working website (Im a web programmer as hobby) is a good base.

Vagabond
12-14-2001, 02:17 PM
BigE, welcome to the forums.

With regard to your statement that JKII will be primarily based on aiming and movement, I have to conditionally disagree. While that will certainly play an important part, even more important will be the ability to devise creative uses of the various Force powers. In Jedi Knight, a skill Jedi armed primarily with a lightsaber and the Force could typically defeat an equally skilled non-Jedi armed with ranged weapons. However, it remains to be seen whether this will hold true for JKII. Assuming that the gameplay is similar, then I would expect that creativity and adaptability will play a more important than merely aiming and movement skills.

digl
12-14-2001, 03:17 PM
Welcome BigE
I have to agree with Vag
You obviously didnt play JK mp seriously if you think that movement and aiming will make the best players of JK2

The force and the saber was what made JK stand aside from the rest of the FPSs, and they were a great deal in mp

BigE
12-15-2001, 06:42 AM
I think Jedi Knight II will be little alike JK1.

NuForce
12-16-2001, 08:28 PM
Big E,

:fett: I will be very suprised if the JKII play anything like JK. The new game will probably play more like Quake III. In fact, I suggest you try out StarTrek Voyager EliteForce. This game is based on the same Quake III engine that JKII will be running on.

I'm not sure how they are going to manage the Jedi Knight powers. I'm sure it will be based on some mod that is currently in use. The Light Sabres will be very interesting though.

PS

I also play UT alot. If you are truely a good player you should have no problem with JKII

Check out our clan site at: www.theempireclan.com

:fett:[TE]NuForce

Malice
12-17-2001, 11:15 AM
hey everyone, ok i have this awesome idea. Ok, as most of you know im a mega elite JK player, im soo elite that it blows my mind somtimes! My clan goes by the name 'Dungboyz'. ANYONE whos anyone in JK knows who we are. So anyways, on with my ultra mega elite idea. Now as you all know the Dungboyz messageboard is home to all the top JK players, so read it. I really dont like repeating myself. It was my idea to murge Dungboyz w/ or friends, Twisted Insane Jedi's from Hell (TIJH).... to make like a SUPERCLAN! omg! where do i come up with these elite ideas..... Only the super duper elite players can join... if you're Elite, and i mean like SUper elite heh.... you can tryout.

btw, im 8yrs old but it doesnt matter because im elite and i can woop your arse.

lol:D

Agen
12-24-2001, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure how they are going to manage the Jedi Knight powers. I'm sure it will be based on some mod that is currently in use.

Yeah right.....

hey everyone, ok i have this awesome idea. Ok, as most of you know im a mega elite JK player, im soo elite that it blows my mind somtimes!
Didn't u get beat off Phoenix? and nightmarez.... and Hulicagationi[ofgn[o i can't type it.

NuForce
12-26-2001, 01:06 AM
Agen_Terminator,

I noticed you took a quote from my last post regarding my thoughts on how Jedi Powers were going to be used in the new JK2 game. I'm not sure what message you are trying to get across....please help me understand where you are coming from.:)

Thanks,

:fett: [TE]NuForce[OO]

[TE]BiocYte[OO]
01-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Yeah what does "yeah right" mean?? :confused:

Malice
01-06-2002, 04:43 PM
ive never played Phoenix or any of those other cogers. Also, if you couldnt realize that i was trying to sound like that little kid from WD at the begining of this thread, then god help you.....

Poopypants
01-17-2002, 02:15 PM
My word, a thread to end all threads!

Here's my two cents (in dimes) --

I agree that JKII, chances are folks, will play more like Q3 or probably Elite Force than JK. Simple truth: Mario 64 plays more like any other 64 game than it does Mario Bros. for Atari. Face it. As for who's going to be best at it--yeah you've got those with practice, but a whole new generation is a comin'.

Me? I'm 22. Big Jedi Knight fan, but I've burned the past two years with Half-Life, Counterstrike, and Day of Defeat. I think I'll be pretty durned good at JKII to be honest, but I'm sure there will be those who piss me off. I also realize that there are going to be first generation 7-year-olds who pick up on it A LOT quicker than I do because they're not bound to all the old and different controls like I am. Simple truth: 30-year-old Q3 lamers and 7-year-olds learning to write in cursive will both kick my arse off and hand it to me. I still intend to be quite good (crosses fingers), but folks, skill comes from all directions, sometimes leastmost from the same place as before.

When I was in PJE, dude, we had all kinds, and it was cool. We didn't all kick butt. Some of us were newbies that sucked, but it was almost like a pseudo-reality mentorship kinda thing, and it was cool. We did a lot of Sabers NF because we enjoyed it, not because it was better one way or the other. It's called opinions, ya know, preferences--we all got'em and they're all different. Anyhow, the sabers were different from anything prior, really, so it was a nice change of pace.

As for NF, I just got irritated when Force Destruction would get shoved up my rectum by some monkey who figured out how to point his mouse within 180 degrees of me. For those who can wield it, cool. But I have every right to remove that element of the game if I value another that pleads no contest to it, as much as they have the right to keep it in. My opinion was that it was a bit too strong a power. I also recognize, however, that if there was a "force-kill-everyone-else-that's-playing-instantly" power, there would still be those who defend with, "you just don't know how to use it good," as their argument.

Se la vi.
Different strokes, it takes, different strokes, it takes, different strokes to move the world yes it does.

-The Great and Mighty Pants.

PS: The lesson for the day is Sportsmanship. If no one was ever a biotch, then there wouldn't be a problem to begin with. Food for thought.

PPS: I got it, Malice! I got it!

Kodaichi Kuno
01-18-2002, 09:09 AM
So here's my two cents, or would that be two pennies?
Who cares?

Now then - eliteists - common phrase, usually refering to a 14 year old snot nosed brat who stays up until 5 am hitting that deadly sight button, giggling all night long in his pokemon pyjamas.

The whole clan thing sucked anyway. So you get a prefix, get loads of other pre-pubescent brats to do the same and start a zone table called "Elite tryouts". Whoop de doo.

Yeah so I've been in clans too, but we actually did something for the members - training (it's all about the padawans!). Tournaments that worked and awards that actually happened.

WD now have a name in the zone,well done! I'm sure the fact that most decent JK players moved onto other things didn't have anything to do with your rise to fame (snort).

Not that any of you could put up a good challenge, you belong back with all those FF7 and FF8 garden clans out there. LOL on your homestead pages.

Atleast DSBr Sith lord and so forth gave me a good fight when I needed one.
But you're Eliteists right?
I agree with you Torment, that a more community based Multiplayer system would be better. Being able to see familiar names running around on the zone was all good, and taking them on again and again to see who had improved was all good too.

But check it out - when you start playing Outcast, guess what, all those young innocent movie star wannabies who wanna get their kicks from being a Jedi and don't have a clue, who all piled into Nar Shaddar on zone - will be the same as you.

YES WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE NEWBIES!

So get over it.

Letalis and Poopypants, you've got the right idea. :cool:

Malice, you crack me up. Can I join? :D

See you all on JO.

Kodaichi Kuno

Formally Lev_Kelly

+Nimbus+
01-20-2002, 01:22 PM
You get a 1 cent rebate :D very nicely said, I think everyone will be a newbie even if it is based off Quake 3, did they have lightsabers in Quake 3? I don't think so. There can't be anyone good or even somewhat until you've just played the game for even a minute.

BoMbER
01-20-2002, 04:31 PM
A SUPACLAN?

What does that really mean?

My god ive heard WLP call themselves a superclan atleast 50 times. When you really fight them its like a knife through butta... lol they suck worse then anyone i know of.

Then you have your clans like Quest... all of them elite but there are not 2 many of them.

The closest ive ever seen too a superclan was WD a few years they had Death, Luke18, Reiko, Honor, Nightmarez and atleast 50 more all of them elite...

So IMHO you must have a good amount of quaility players ( atleast 15 ) before you are really a superclan.

[TE]BiocYte[OO]
01-20-2002, 04:38 PM
2 many words used here....

Elite Clan!

Super Clan!!

Shiznat Clan!!!

Whatever!!

The truth is that we will all have a new game to play with and skills from other games will help yes, but there will be no such thing as a SUPER clan for a while.

I always thought there were Great clans Average Clans and Sucky clans.

Would a Super clan be better than a great clan?? Is a Super clan super because they beat everyone or because they are super guys??

All your base are belong to us??

What??

"pass me a banana!":D

SirDogmeat
01-21-2002, 11:49 AM
the attitude that "former jk elitists will rool jk2" is downright hilarious. beware the return of those of us who have drifted off to other games in the last 4 years.

DeathBoLT
01-21-2002, 01:13 PM
hehe torment got the idea months ago that his superclan idea was moronic and y'all are still badgering him about it..

just let thet topic die :p

StAtilXl
01-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Kodaichi Kuno
So here's my two cents, or would that be two pennies?
Who cares?

Now then - eliteists - common phrase, usually refering to a 14 year old snot nosed brat who stays up until 5 am hitting that deadly sight button, giggling all night long in his pokemon pyjamas.

The whole clan thing sucked anyway. So you get a prefix, get loads of other pre-pubescent brats to do the same and start a zone table called "Elite tryouts". Whoop de doo.

Yeah so I've been in clans too, but we actually did something for the members - training (it's all about the padawans!). Tournaments that worked and awards that actually happened.

WD now have a name in the zone,well done! I'm sure the fact that most decent JK players moved onto other things didn't have anything to do with your rise to fame (snort).

Not that any of you could put up a good challenge, you belong back with all those FF7 and FF8 garden clans out there. LOL on your homestead pages.

Atleast DSBr Sith lord and so forth gave me a good fight when I needed one.
But you're Eliteists right?
I agree with you Torment, that a more community based Multiplayer system would be better. Being able to see familiar names running around on the zone was all good, and taking them on again and again to see who had improved was all good too.

But check it out - when you start playing Outcast, guess what, all those young innocent movie star wannabies who wanna get their kicks from being a Jedi and don't have a clue, who all piled into Nar Shaddar on zone - will be the same as you.

YES WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE NEWBIES!

So get over it.

Letalis and Poopypants, you've got the right idea. :cool:

Malice, you crack me up. Can I join? :D

See you all on JO.

Kodaichi Kuno

Formally Lev_Kelly

I AGREE were all gunna be newbs at the game so i dont c how u can make a superclan ne ways therell be lotsa other clansout there strying the same thing

GOD_Soul_Star
02-04-2002, 09:40 AM
Hehehe I like the idea [TE]BiocYte[OO]
we should start a shiznat clan lol

WD_ToRMeNt
02-04-2002, 11:06 PM
I've been keeping quite laughing at you people for some time. You talk about the elite community as though you actually know something, but if you knew anything you would know that this topic is pointless. It is pointless because WD_NiGhTMaReZ (the guy who first thought up the idea) left WD and formed dp. This (among other things) made the superclan idea go away. To be honest, it was never anything more then an idea that some of us were toying with.

I find it amusing and sad that so many people "put thier 2 cents in" on a topic that didn't concern them and they knew nothing about.

Wilhuf
02-05-2002, 07:00 PM
I find it amusing and sad that so many people "put thier 2 cents in" on a topic that didn't concern them and they knew nothing about.

If this doesn't concern 'people,' then why post the topic in a forum that is open for anyone in the JediKnightII community?
By posting the topic, you're just inviting comment. By definition.

You can't just post an ad for your own clan forum here on jkii.net and expect no comments from forumgoers.

WD_ToRMeNt
02-06-2002, 02:31 AM
I didn't ask anyone's opinion. I know that not all of the good players read the WD board I was sure many old schoolers would stop by here.

Regardless, the whole topic is pointless now.

Wilhuf
02-06-2002, 07:50 PM
When you post here, you are asking for everyone's opinion. This isn't your personal board.