PDA

View Full Version : Are Raven interacting with us enough?

Agen
12-04-2001, 05:57 PM
Personally i think that they aren't... compare to galaxies.
LEC and raven said they would but notm uch so far so tell me what u think.
The new site is good and the new info but still they should be posting on the forums.

OnlyOneCanoli
12-04-2001, 06:04 PM
You really can't compare a MMORPG to a typical FPS. Obviously MMORPGS are going to need a lot of user input and beta testing.

Raven doesn't have to post here at all. Them doing so at all is a nice thing. Far better than ever before... *cough* Obi-Wan *cough*. And even if they don't post, you can be sure that they check this place out. It's a step in the right direction, and I think we'll see more activity in the future when it gets closer to release.

Looks like the game is coming along great without a ton of user input, anyway. :)

Wacky_Baccy
12-04-2001, 06:19 PM
Well, not as much as I'd like, anyway. :(

...But i guess they have their reasons... namely: making this the best star wars fps game ever (or just simply the best FPS ever ;) :D ;) ... well, i can dream ;) )

W_B

Emon1
12-04-2001, 06:20 PM
I voted No. I have only seen one of them post. Ever. However, even if they never reply, I would hope they at least read our suggestions. I'd like to see a Raven employee prove me wrong :D User input is very important. Afterall, they are the people Raven is making the game for. More user input would mean more features/better features and a better game, making more money.

Kwup
12-04-2001, 06:25 PM
would you rather have them trolling around the boards responding to chikkas like me and terminator, or would you rather have them make the game?!?

Agen
12-04-2001, 06:42 PM
No i wouldn't (not like you anyway, thank god) but what about when it's jsut about time to pack up go home, they could check and have a look and then come back tommorrow and maybe ask and then implement it.

ed_silvergun
12-04-2001, 07:07 PM
Okay, own up. Who was the one person who voted for "Who are Raven? Who am I? Why am I clicking this?".

Agen
12-04-2001, 07:09 PM
Let me have 2 guesses....... Raok and Kwup.

StormHammer
12-04-2001, 11:28 PM
I think the problem is that Raven are working to a pretty tight schedule, whereas some other Star Wars games seem to have much longer development times. I've seen a couple of Raven-Devs posting, and their posts have been very informative.

Also keep in mind that LEC is controlling what information can and cannot be released, so the Raven-Devs have to be a bit careful what they say.

I think they've done a good job so far, and I'm sure that as we get closer to the release date, they will start posting more. ;)

TrUeFoRcE
12-05-2001, 12:27 AM
i think they talk to us enough, every once in a blue moon, they dont got time to do it daily or something, but the thing i dont like is the lack of updates like screenshots or movie clips, i think a few moer of those would shut us all up for a little while :D

acdcfanbill
12-05-2001, 02:58 AM
i would say they talk to us plenty.... we have had a pretty steady stream of info, and they usually drop by at somewhat regular intervals...

UniKorn
12-05-2001, 05:59 AM
Raven can only give the information that Lucasarts allows them to give.

MRJ
12-05-2001, 11:49 AM
Techinically, that's not true. I can give you the information that I ate a cheeseburger for lunch, or that my daughter's school has been closed until sometime in January because of 'mold infestation', and no one can stop me :p

But yes, as time allows we read, we consider, we even occasionally integrate- we just don't always say anything about it.

MRJ

Kwup
12-05-2001, 12:48 PM
who are kwup?

who am you?

where are I?

digl
12-05-2001, 12:56 PM
OK kwup
So who are the other three who voted that?;)

ZeroXcape
12-05-2001, 01:36 PM
Everyone at Raven have been dropping by the forums, updating their plans, sending in mailbag responses, etc since JKII was officially announced. That's something you shouldn't take too lightly as some companies don't interact at all with thier gaming community. Granted we would love to see more Raven participation on the forum, we all also want them finishing the game by Spring 2002. A few weeks ago, Raven and LEC held a chat exclusive to our game.

Honestly, are there really any questions that haven't been answered yet? If you keep up with the features and forums, you probably know all there is to know at this point.

SlowbieOne
12-05-2001, 02:25 PM
Honestly, are there really any questions that haven't been answered yet?

One too many Xeroscape.:D

I would post them all, but I would be typing all day.

wardz
12-05-2001, 02:57 PM
Yes they are participating fine.

They are employed to make the game good, not to sit around answering our questions all day. Even when they do post, people start crowding round wanting to know more.

give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

wardz

Kwup
12-05-2001, 03:52 PM
actually, I'm one of the people who voted "Yes"

seriously, the Unreal 2 peepz dont say anything about their game.

Agen
12-05-2001, 05:46 PM
actually, I'm one of the people who voted "Yes"
look at that flying pig.... amazing!

StormHammer
12-05-2001, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the forums, MRJ and UniKorn. :D Hope you enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands over two chocolate Jedi Medallions*

There you go. ;)

And thanks for that info, MRJ. It's good to know that people's ideas and opinions are being considered. :cool:

KISS Army
12-05-2001, 07:33 PM
We've been reading the message boards and contributing where and when we can. There are certain restrictions we have to abide by in terms of time and logistics, but we do drop by to see what the hot topics are. I wish we could be around more, but we do have a game to develop... :)

Sorry if you're disappointed with our level of interaction. We're trying our best!

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra
Project Administrator
Raven Software

Agen
12-05-2001, 07:52 PM
Wow... I didn't know u were part of Raven.... I was jsut seeing what people think not exactly a complaint but We'll get all the new stuff on 16th of month.. right?
:D
THanks for answering and also do u take some of our ideas on board?

digl
12-05-2001, 07:58 PM
I didnt know either

Nice to hear from you that youv been reading

hey stormhammer bring a box full of jedi medallions here for KISS Army ;), and someone chage his rank, how can Kenn Hoekstra be bantha fodder? :)

Now people, dont start sending him thousands of questions, we dont want to scare him!

keep on developing, come here when you have time and hopefully give us some info :D

I know a video will be released soon
any hints of date? this friday, next week?

StormHammer
12-05-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by digl
hey stormhammer bring a box full of jedi medallions here for KISS Army ;)

I'll do better than that...

*hands over a golden key to secret chocolate Jedi Medallion facility*

There you go. You Raven guys have open access... ;)

Thanks for that, KISS Army. I think the majority of people here recognise and accept that you're really busy. I suspect you'll be entering Mega-Crunch mode (if you're not there already), so good luck to you all. I know you won't disappoint us. :cool:

Wacky_Baccy
12-05-2001, 08:52 PM
=Stuff in quotes originally posted by digl, who I couldn't agree with MORE :D=

"I didnt know either"
--Neither did I.......Kenn Hoekstra....OMG OMG OMG...

"Nice to hear from you that you've been reading"
--Yes, it certainly is :)

"hey stormhammer bring a box full of jedi medallions here for KISS Army ;)"
--And Boba Rhett with his gift baskets...not JediKnight_114's knock-offs tho, sum1 said they're booby trapped...Termie? What did you say about razors earlier??? ;)

"and someone chage his rank, how can Kenn Hoekstra be bantha fodder?"

HELL YES!!! DO THIS NOW, NOW I SAY!!!

Bantha Fodder indeed!

*Waves hand frantically in mind-trick style*

- Aristotle? ChrisC3PO? PLEEAAASE, someone, give this wonderful man a decent rank!!!

"Now people, dont start sending him thousands of questions, we dont want to scare him!"
--Too true, too true...... WAIT! Where did he go?!!??!.. COME BACK!!!!.....

"keep on developing, come here when you have time and hopefully give us some info :D"
--Yes, please do. (esp. info - there's been an informaton drought here for far too long!!)

"I know a video will be released soon
any hints of date? this friday, next week?"
--Yes, please tell us - and today is not too soon :D ;)

Good stuff, digl - you took the thoughts right out of my head..............are you related to a Jedi by any chance?
(J/K :D)

TTFN,

W_B

GonkH8er
12-06-2001, 09:42 AM
Voted yes, I did

digl
12-06-2001, 12:38 PM
Good stuff, digl - you took the thoughts right out of my head..............are you related to a Jedi by any chance?
(J/K :D)

Actually, I can see things before they happen :D

My midichlorian count is something about twenty thousand :vadar:

Agen
12-06-2001, 04:13 PM
bad lucks... mines is 30,000
:explode:

Morpheus4873
12-06-2001, 05:47 PM
But I am spoiled at the EF forums tho :D

Nice to see you here MRJ and Kenn ;)

PS: MRJ does not want chocolate medalions - all he consumes is scotch ;)

Kwup
12-06-2001, 05:51 PM
I dont have any medichlorian crap because it is a bunch of bologna made by Georgy to explain 'the force' to kids and dumb parents w/o an imagination.

So basically, my count is somewhere near -2 :p

Moses
12-06-2001, 06:26 PM
I voted yes

Going into this I was going to say no, but reading the posts you have put I realize how dumb that was. I must admit that it is nice to know that Raven at least reads our posts even if they don't reply all the time.

Oh! And Kwup? How can you, in your right mind, insult anything about Star Wars in a Star Wars forum? Are you insane? Just wondering.

Moses :evanpiel:

SlowbieOne
12-06-2001, 06:44 PM
Hey Kenn, thanks for stopping by.:D We know how hectic it is for you guys right now, so it's a treat when you guys show up here.

So drop by if you can, but not if it detracts from finishing up the soon-to-be-best-game-ever.

You guys are doing a great job>:ewok:

Frosty_V2.1
12-06-2001, 06:58 PM
Oh! And Kwup? How can you, in your right mind, insult anything about Star Wars in a Star Wars forum? Are you insane? Just wondering.
U must be new here:D, well I saw u while ago but anyway hi for whenever u joined.
Well it's great to see more Dev's post and know ur reading(our half the time spam), keep up the good work in making the GOTY!:D

KISS Army
12-06-2001, 07:20 PM
Because of the crunch of the development cycle, we're opting for more structured interaction with the community for Jedi Outcast than we have with our past games. I'm afraid that most of our answers will be coming forth on the LucasArts Jedi Outcast website in the FAQ, developer diaries and other site updates.

We (and I) are working very closely with the LucasArts PR and Marketing staff to ensure that the site is regularly updated. In fact, this bulletin board is one of the main places where I pull common questions from to answer in the FAQ. :)

I'm sure you've seen the site, but if not, you can see it here:
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra
Project Administrator
Raven Software

acdcfanbill
12-06-2001, 08:34 PM
thanks KISS army, its good to know that our discussions dont fall on deaf ears...