PDA

View Full Version : When do u think a demo will be out????

sanpilou
12-12-2001, 09:31 PM
just as the title says, when do u think the demo will be out????

JR2000Z
12-12-2001, 09:32 PM
Early next year. February maybe.

sanpilou
12-12-2001, 09:38 PM
i think it's for january....................

:atat:
...............:atat:............................. ...:eek:
:atat:

GonkH8er
12-13-2001, 03:31 AM
im guessing late jan - early feb

StephenG
12-13-2001, 05:45 AM
i reckon sometime in March 2002

PreTZeL
12-13-2001, 11:48 AM
ill get you all a demo tomorrow!
::realizes what he just said and runs off::

CaptainRAVE
12-13-2001, 02:07 PM
Firstly.......Gonk8her make sure Pretzel doesnt start doin that again. I dont mind it now and again....but who cant forget the last time :mad:

The demo could come out anytime. In the UK we had the JK demo 2-3 months before the actual game where as some other countries had the demo released actually after the game came out.

Imperium Galactica III is due for release next summer which is after JK2, and yet that demo is comming out "anytime soon"......so its really hard to say.

digl
12-13-2001, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
The demo could come out anytime. In the UK we had the JK demo 2-3 months before the actual game where as some other countries had the demo released actually after the game came out.
I dont think thats a problem because broadband is available in lots of places now so everybody downloads demos (me included :))

But Im afraid I wont have internet access or a computer anywhere near me in january or february :(
I hope I dont miss the demo launch

If the demo is released during jan/feb, I would appreciate if you LEC/Raven people send me a beta during december :D
I dont care If its a bit buggy :D

Obi Kwan
12-13-2001, 04:53 PM
For some reason, I think that we wont see a demo until (or just after) the game is actually released.

Kwup
12-13-2001, 04:55 PM
Ya, the RTCW Single Player demo just came out yesterday, although the game has been out for 3 weeks. Who knows

Cmdr. Antilles
12-13-2001, 06:42 PM
Well, isn't there always the "preview" demo, and then the "okay we're done, go out and buy the game" demo?

Dirth Vedar
12-13-2001, 06:43 PM
They'll post the demo once all the die hard fans have bought the actual game, beat it, and starts to complain about multiplayer.

There's no reason to post the demo early so people who would buy the game no matter would waste their bandwidth downloading the demo. They will wait till the initial surge of sales have died down, and in an effort to get those sitting on the fence, they'll release the demo.

At least, they'll do this if they are smart. But who knows.
Anyone who thinks they'll release the demo earlier is not pessimistic enough.

Millions o' Monkeys
12-13-2001, 07:12 PM
i dont think a demo is nescersary. As long as they put enough effort into the game there is no need to waste there time putting a demo together.

digl
12-13-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Millions o' Monkeys
i dont think a demo is nescersary. As long as they put enough effort into the game there is no need to waste there time putting a demo together.

I doubt a demo is a waste of time
demos are the best way that devs have to convince people to buy their games

Millions o' Monkeys, It happens that the game is not supposed to be sold to us only, but also to other pc gamers

LEC uses to release demos before releasing the games, and I think this kind of marketing things are decided by LEC not by Raven

GonkH8er
12-14-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
Firstly.......Gonk8her make sure Pretzel doesnt start doin that again. I dont mind it now and again....but who cant forget the last time :mad:

watching him closely, i am.......

StormHammer
12-14-2001, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Millions o' Monkeys

Running a game demo is usually a good way of ascertaining whether the full game will run at an acceptable rate on your computer. You can usually also assess any issues there might be with the game before you decide to purchase the full version. There have been a couple of games in the past that I thought I would really enjoy...so I tried the demos first. The demo for Deus Ex, for example, would not run on my old PC...and was one of the many reasons why I chose to upgrade last year. So playing a demo is always worthwhile. ;)

sanpilou
12-14-2001, 07:50 AM
hey if a demo gets to be good i can augment the sales of the game by .......uh.......let's say.............100%

CaptainRAVE
12-14-2001, 10:44 AM
Many of us in here have played JK and other games similar to JK2. Many people who havent will not buy the game until they've played the demo. In the early days of my gaming I would not have bought the original JK if I hadnt played the demo. At least half the sales of any games are due to a demo.....usually even more.

Redwing
12-16-2001, 02:33 AM
Same. I pretty much never buy a game until I've played the demo.

Keyan Farlander
12-16-2001, 02:41 AM
I usually don't either, but I'd probably buy JK2 without trying a demo.

CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 04:49 AM
I usually dont either, but I dont care if JK2 is good or bad, I'll still buy it because I want to add it to the rest of the series :)

GonkH8er
12-16-2001, 11:12 AM
im guessing late jan - early feb

CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 11:45 AM
^What he said. I reckon Early Feb for the new edition of the PC mags. Do you know something we dont Gonk??

digl
12-16-2001, 01:33 PM
he probably does
CaptainRAVE bring me the interrogation droid
:deathstar He will reveal the location of the rebel....wait...I mean the date of the demo release

CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 02:04 PM
Immediately sir :), :bdroid2:.......oops wrong droid. Maybe this will do :sprobe:

StephenG
12-16-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by digl
he probably does
CaptainRAVE bring me the interrogation droid
:deathstar He will reveal the location of the rebel....wait...I mean the date of the demo release

he doesn't know anything , he is just TRYING very very hard to be a big shot :)

nykel007
12-16-2001, 04:06 PM
Whenever it comes out I hope it isn't as HUGE as Elite Force.:eek:

CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by StephenG

he doesn't know anything , he is just TRYING very very hard to be a big shot :)

mmmmmmmmmm, indeed......hes only a mod ;)

Originally posted by nykel007

Why not??

wardz
12-16-2001, 04:50 PM
he knows more than you might think actually..

wardz

CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 04:52 PM
Yea rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrite.....lol.....j/k

SlowbieOne
12-16-2001, 05:50 PM
Wasn't it you CaptainRave that said we should be getting something big around Christmas for JK2?

*crosses fingers for a JK2 demo*

What a Christmas gift that would be!:D

digl
12-16-2001, 07:23 PM
nop, It was also one of gonkH8er one liners

sanpilou
12-16-2001, 07:57 PM
a demo for christmas........:D that would kick @$$

:confused: WHO AM I???:confused:
:eek: NOW I REMEMBER!!!......IM :fett:

digl
12-16-2001, 08:26 PM
I doubt It
I think Itll be a video and maybe in early January a demo
Or maybe a bunch of shots and info around christmas and in early January a video

Luke Skywalker
12-16-2001, 09:51 PM
I dont think we will see a single player demo until March 2002. But I think that one heck of a lot of screens and videos will come out before then.

StephenG
12-16-2001, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by nykel007

come on...i hope it pretty big. if you have a 56k then you can get it off a game's mag CD.

GonkH8er
12-17-2001, 08:07 AM
no demo for christmas

oh, and ignore my late jan- early feb comment.

im now thinking mid-late feb.......... possibly into early march

and a late march release

but thats just my thoughts.....

nykel007
12-17-2001, 08:51 AM
People, I don't have a DSL like you'll. a demo that big would take forever to download.:rolleyes:

Obi Kwan
12-17-2001, 01:12 PM
I think that the JK demo was a mistake because it was loaded. I must confess that I played the demo online religiously for almost a year when the game first came out because it had everything the actual game had, just one multiplayer map. At times since JK came out, there has actually been more activity in the zone demo room than the retail version room.

Obviously the whole game is more fun, but I still think the Multiplayer aspect of JK was the greatest part.

Not that I wouldnt like a JKII demo and if there was one released before the game came out, you can bet that multiplayer would be in there.

CaptainRAVE
12-17-2001, 01:41 PM
I dunno, i thought it was better than the actual game.....probably because they chose the BEST :D level :D