PDA

View Full Version : Who's you hero?


darthfergie
08-13-2001, 12:24 AM
They have an editor on GB. Who would be the hero/heros that you would want to be able to use on that editor?

:guard: :luke: :fett: :emperor: :vadar: :yoda: :maul: :snow:

General Nilaar
08-13-2001, 12:29 AM
I hate to be predictable, but Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Oh and of course General Nilaar. The only problem with that last one is that he hasn't been in any movies, novels, comics, or anywhere else except this forum;)

Boba Rhett
08-13-2001, 12:33 AM
What do you mean on it? I'd want to have the Jedi Council.

Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 04:17 AM
Yoda all the way.
Think of how SMALL he'll be ! :D
The heroe-issue sounds predictable, but immensely fun. I'll look forward to playing some alternative 'regicide' matches with them.

darthfergie
08-13-2001, 09:40 AM
I want to see Mara Jade or General Veers (riding in a super powered At-At, like AoK) Or wedge Antillies in an X-wing. Darth Vader in a TIE advanced. Baron Fel in a TIE Interceptor. Captain Tarpals on a...thing:D . Captain Panaka, TIE Defenders, A-Wings, Han Solo in Mellinium Falcon. B-wings would be nice too.:D

Worf
08-13-2001, 09:56 AM
Mara Jade, Thrawn (he would have an Ysalamiri), Ysanne Isard, Darth Maul, DM with speeder bike, Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn (with X-Wing and with lightsaber)

Worf

Young David
08-13-2001, 10:00 AM
Thrawn ... defenitly ...

He's my favorite Imperial ... and that while I'm more leaning to the alliance side.

Havoc Stryphe
08-13-2001, 10:32 AM
Admiral Ackbar, just because I love his voice ;)

"It's a trap!"

"We won't last long against those star destroyers"

"Concentrate all firepower on the Super star destoyer!"

xwing guy
08-13-2001, 11:04 AM
How about Jar Jar and chewie.

FlyBOy
08-13-2001, 11:07 AM
Rogue squadron and the Wraiths

Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:18 AM
I'd want to see Watto, Tessek, Jabba, Greedo, and just about any other alien they can fit in :)

xwing guy
08-13-2001, 11:18 AM
I don't believe the rouges and wraiths will be in GB but it would be cool though b/c they would have these real powerful x-wings and would be real tough to.

Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by xwing guy
I don't believe the rouges and wraiths will be in GB but it would be cool though b/c they would have these real powerful x-wings and would be real tough to.
In the editor can't you name a unit to be one of Rogue Squadron? I might be wrong....

darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by xwing guy
I don't believe the rouges and wraiths will be in GB but it would be cool though b/c they would have these real powerful x-wings and would be real tough to.

Why wouldn't the rogues (atleast wedge) be in there in an X-wing. They have already said the Mellinium Falcon is inthere so...
Hey I wonder if the Falcon is a transport ship also on the game???

Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 11:40 AM
Yeah! Thrawn could be a jedi destroyer! You can't convert him 'cos of his yslamir. I'd also like Jorus C'boath ;)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-13-2001, 11:40 AM
wouldn't it be aweful if you find out that you dont get to control the falcon and it just drops off a few guys from time to time!

darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:41 AM
or even Luuke:D the evil clone of Luke:D

wouldn't it be aweful if you find out that you dont get to control the falcon and it just drops off a few guys from time to time!

I doubt it will happen. They don't want a roit on thir hands:D

Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 11:46 AM
Uh... nice sig fergie ;) hehe I only lost 100 :p

What about some boats... anyone know about a heroic boat?

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-13-2001, 11:48 AM
what about like a named bongo or something, thats the only baot that i think could be named cuz nobody but the gungans really used boats in the movies

Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 11:50 AM
Hey! Your avatar moves! Anyways, I guess there are no hero boats, unless you count those naboo pleasure cruisers.... ;)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-13-2001, 11:53 AM
yeah, pretty neat huh.

FlyBOy
08-13-2001, 12:05 PM
How about a cloned emperor (you know, form the Dark Empire series). YOu could use massive force storms to ravage enemy troops.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-13-2001, 12:09 PM
i would say definately thrawn, he is the coolest starwars character. he could have like a special ability that would make your troops be better coordinated or something :D !

Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 12:10 PM
Yes, and 'cos of his yslamir he could not be coverted by jedi :eek:

Kvan
08-13-2001, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by FlyBOy
How about a cloned emperor (you know, form the Dark Empire series). YOu could use massive force storms to ravage enemy troops.
NOOO! Not the Cloned Emp.! That was one of the worst stories I've ever read! Cloning the Emp. with his mind still intact!That was SO stupid! He died on the DS2! It totally took away from the movie!
No offense to you though. We just have different tastes. :)

Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 01:22 PM
Yeah... I didn't much like that series... 'cos unlike most of the Star Wars EU books... I couldn't imagine it happening :(

Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 01:24 PM
...sounds like i made the right decision not to read those series..
some of the EU-characters just don't come across as Star Wars characters to me... Thrawn stretches my imagination already, with the Imperial Forces not having alien soldiers / officers..
Jade was ok, as was Xizor for some bizarre reason.
but the rest....:rolleyes:

Tie Guy
08-13-2001, 03:41 PM
Mara Jade (as the GB version of Tanya)

Also, for a boat you could have the Coral Vanda, the underwater casino. What could uyou do with it? i don't know, protect it maybe?

Kvan
08-13-2001, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Mara Jade (as the GB version of Tanya)

Also, for a boat you could have the Coral Vanda, the underwater casino. What could uyou do with it? i don't know, protect it maybe?
Good idea Tie! I always thought the Coral Vanda looked like a mini MC-80 :)
Leon, everyone likes Thrawn.....EVERYONE! Understand? ;)

darthfergie
08-14-2001, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
...sounds like i made the right decision not to read those series..
some of the EU-characters just don't come across as Star Wars characters to me... Thrawn stretches my imagination already, with the Imperial Forces not having alien soldiers / officers..
Jade was ok, as was Xizor for some bizarre reason.
but the rest....:rolleyes:

WHAT ABOUT THE ROGUE SQUADRON????? Those were great. Did you ever read the Hand of Thrawn duology. If not you HAVE to.:thrawn:

Compa_Mighty
08-14-2001, 06:12 PM
I'd like to see Xizor and Dash Rendar.

Imperial Jawa
08-14-2001, 06:33 PM
im kind of disturbed by you guys pushing for mara jade being a tanya. there was no pop cap in ra2, so tanya wasnt exactly a super unit for being able to take out all your troopers. but in gb, ou only have 200 units. make that about 100 military units after subtracted your villagers, and say about half of your army is troopers, which still leaves plenty of room for speeders jedi and other mechs.you run into a group of about 3 jades and all of a sudden you have a 50 person army left. your artillery ( about 10 peices) is useless untill it can get to buildings so you have a fighting force of 40 now in only a few seconds.

Jimi-Wan
08-14-2001, 07:02 PM
Ok, i got a few on my list. Most of them mentioned already...

Luke Skywalker, Kyle Katarn, Dash Rendar, Han Solo, Chewie, the young Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, Thrawn, Vader, Maul, Ace Azzameen with Emkay (from XW:A), Wedge Antilles, Boba Fett (definitely), and General Veers.

There's a few more i wont mind seeing in the game, but i just have writer's block or something.

observer_20000
08-14-2001, 11:33 PM
They should have as many as they do in the Aoe editor, that would be really cool.

Kvan
08-14-2001, 11:38 PM
So do you have any favorites, who'd like to see Observer 20000?

Gamma732
08-14-2001, 11:45 PM
Thrawn would be a real good hero......but there should be a Captain/Vice-Admiral/Admiral Pelleon too

observer_20000
08-14-2001, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
So do you have any favorites, who'd like to see Observer 20000?

Well hopefully Baron Fel in his :tie:, as well Wedge in his :x-wing:, General Veers in his :atat:, and definetly Yoda.

Lord JayVizIon
08-17-2001, 03:19 AM
hmm, i'd like to see wedge in the xwing, han solo, and lando calrissian. btw, will the millenium falcon be in the game?

Tie Guy
08-17-2001, 04:57 PM
yes, the flacon will be in the game. Blue.....something confirmed it.

Kvan
08-17-2001, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
yes, the flacon will be in the game. Blue.....something confirmed it.
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't remember Blue-somethings name ;)
BTW I want Davin Felth in the editor! :D

Lord JayVizIon
08-17-2001, 05:09 PM
oh you mean blue myrriden? :cool:

Tie Guy
08-17-2001, 08:54 PM
yes, that's it. I can never get his second name right, its too hard to spell sonce he doesn't post often.

Kvan
08-17-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
yes, that's it. I can never get his second name right, its too hard to spell sonce he doesn't post often.
Well Tie you just have a hard time spelling in general huh? ;)
(I'm not making fun of you...well actually I am but if you have some sort of disability, i'm real sorry and will delete this post :D )
So has anyone mentioned having Jek Porkins as a hero? :D

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-17-2001, 09:27 PM
Nope. I don't know anyone who likes Jek. How about Jabba? Is he anyone's roll model?

BTW Thrawn is my all time hero. He's awesome among many other positive things. No one bashes on Thrawn, right! :D

Tie Guy
08-17-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Well Tie you just have a hard time spelling in general huh? ;)
(I'm not making fun of you...well actually I am but if you have some sort of disability, i'm real sorry and will delete this post :D )
So has anyone mentioned having Jek Porkins as a hero? :D

yaeh, im' dislexik :D j/k (although my friends tell me i have ADD, i don't)

BTW, what kinda hero would Porkins make, all he did in the movie was die. :D

Kvan
08-17-2001, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy


yaeh, im' dislexik :D j/k (although my friends tell me i have ADD, i don't)

BTW, what kinda hero would Porkins make, all he did in the movie was die. :D
Yes, exactly!
They can make him run real slow! Or they can put him in his X-wing and have him die (no matter if you win or not) ;)

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:25 AM
Hey has anyone mentioned a Carbonite frozen Han? I'd like one! :D

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:33 AM
I'm suprised no one's mentioned Corran......

Oh, btw, how about Corran for a hero? ;)

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
I'm suprised no one's mentioned Corran......

Oh, btw, how about Corran for a hero? ;)
Corran sucks! He is fat and bald! ;)

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:38 AM
He is fat and bald!

Uh-oh........hopefully he won't notice my much earlier post about Pelleon :rolleyes:

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:39 AM
Do'h! I'm doing something wrong with the quoting aren't I?

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732


Uh-oh........hopefully he won't notice my much earlier post about Pelleon :rolleyes:
*looks for the pelleon post*
Pelleon sucks! He is fat and Bald! :D
But really you do know why I said that right?
BTW Yes you are screwing up the quote :) Just hit the quote button...:rolleyes: ;)

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:41 AM
Cus Mike Stackpole is fat and bald?(On the CCG Card?) *crosses fingers* ;)

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Cus Mike Stackpole is fat and bald?(On the CCG Card?) *crosses fingers* ;)
Very good!
So you play the CCG? Why didn't you vote on my CCG poll?! :mad:
;)

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:46 AM
I don't play the CCG, I'm just *slightly* better informed then most guys from NJ ;) I tried CCG's but since I have the attention span of a 2 year old, it was a bit too involved for me hehe Anyway, whats so bad about Pelleon anyway? And I am hitting the quote button!

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
I don't play the CCG, I'm just *slightly* better informed then most guys from NJ ;) I tried CCG's but since I have the attention span of a 2 year old, it was a bit too involved for me hehe Anyway, whats so bad about Pelleon anyway? And I am hitting the quote button!
Nothings wrong with Pelleon, I actually kinda like him. :) I feel pity for him through out the hand of thrawn duology.
HAHA! Your quote is a defect! ;)

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:52 AM
Your quote is a defect! Is it still not working now? Cus the italics are working......

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Is it still not working now? Cus the italics are working......
Man, your quote button is just not having a good day! :)
It's ok though, people will still know who you are quoting.

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 12:58 AM
Not having a good day?? Its 12:59AM, I still gotta go through today!! Blast you and your time differences, you're probably still in yesterday aren't you?? :mad: ;)

Kvan
08-18-2001, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Not having a good day?? Its 12:59AM, I still gotta go through today!! Blast you and your time differences, you're probably still in yesterday aren't you?? :mad: ;)
I'm at a nice 10:10, Sipping my coffee and eating my cookies :)

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 01:12 AM
Bah! You've won our little match of wits but only cus I want more then 4 or 5 hours of sleep tonight ;) But I shall return tomorrow and.....well, talk to ya then ;) But if ya can pm me with what the quote line looks like when you hit the quote button, it would be much appriciated

And as to the hero topic which we've deviated from so long ago, how about good old Cheif of State Fey'lya? Who wouldn't enjoy a regicide match against him? <insert evil laugh here>:smirk2:

Tie Guy
08-18-2001, 11:50 AM
I never really liked fey'lya, too slippery for me. From the NJO series you'd think he was a bad guy.

Anyway, how about Kyp Durron, and other jedi students. They would be good.

Kvan
08-18-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I never really liked fey'lya, too slippery for me. From the NJO series you'd think he was a bad guy.

Anyway, how about Kyp Durron, and other jedi students. They would be good.
Yeah Kyp would be cool.....in the SUN CRUSHER! :D
I like Fey'lya, he seems like a real politician. ;)

Clefo
08-18-2001, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Yeah Kyp would be cool.....in the SUN CRUSHER! :D
I like Fey'lya, he seems like a real polititian. ;)

Sneaky, evasive, *******. Yep a real politician

The Sun Crusher would be a cool unit. It could level a base in one hit, probably why they won't use it in the game.

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:08 PM
But thats way they can put it in the Editor, so people can make cool scenarios with it ;)
Maybe Add Slave I and the Hounds Tooth too....oh, hell just add everything SW! :)

Young David
08-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Clefo


Sneaky, evasive, *******. Yep a real politician

The Sun Crusher would be a cool unit. It could level a base in one hit, probably why they won't use it in the game.

Not exactly ... It wipes out a whole solorsystem ... so make that all the bases (and everyone else playing in that same room on the zone)

Kvan
08-18-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Young David


Not exactly ... It wipes out a whole solorsystem ... so make that all the bases (and everyone else playing in that same room on the zone)
It hits a sun, and makes it go nova, so hitting a planet wouldn't really do all that much damage :) or at least thats what the RPG says.

Tie Guy
08-18-2001, 01:09 PM
Actually, in the book it completely vaporized like half of the Death Star Prototypes's superstructure. I think it could take out a building or two, no?

Gamma732
08-18-2001, 01:15 PM
The Sun Crusher was also supposedally invulerable too, I think that'd make a *slight* inbalance too. But if they just gave it good armor, it could just use its laser cannons like a reg. fighter, without using the sun-nova-cannon-thing. Yes, thats a technical term ;)

Kvan
08-18-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Actually, in the book it completely vaporized like half of the Death Star Prototypes's superstructure. I think it could take out a building or two, no?
Sure it will do some hardcore damage but nothing like YD was saying earlier. It needs a Star to do it's real damage. With out it, it's just a powerful torp. :)

Tie Guy
08-18-2001, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
With out it, it's just a powerful torp. :)

It's more than that. It litterally disentegrates anything in its path, a powerfull top can't do that.

Kvan
08-18-2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy


It's more than that. It litterally disentegrates anything in its path, a powerfull top can't do that.
Where does it say that? :confused:

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-18-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Very good!
So you play the CCG? Why didn't you vote on my CCG poll?! :mad:
;)

How come I wasn't invited to this CCG poll?! :mad: I have SWCCG and love it! My favorite cards are Thrawn and the Chimaera!

BTW The sun crusher's toperdos CAN go though ANYTHING. It says so during the book. And I think it is in one of those books ummmmm (they should really have a "scratching head trying to remember smiley") well, one of those Ships and Vehicles from SW or whatever. :D

Tie Guy
08-18-2001, 02:07 PM
In the book it says that is disentigrated the part of the Prototype's superstructure. You'd be suprised how many things desentegrate in pure energy.

Kvan
08-18-2001, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
In the book it says that is disentigrated the part of the Prototype's superstructure. You'd be suprised how many things desentegrate in pure energy.
What book!? I looked in the essential guide to vessels and it doesn't say there...

Tie Guy
08-18-2001, 02:26 PM
It's in the Jrfi Academy Trilogy, that is where they talk about it first... i think.

Kvan
08-18-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
It's in the Jrfi Academy Trilogy, that is where they talk about it first... i think.
I know it's the jedi (it's Jedi, right Tie ;) ) academy books but what one? I wanted to look it up..I don't believe you :D
In the Essential book it doesn't say it, and the RPG doesn't say it.:confused:

darthfergie
08-18-2001, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

I know it's the jedi (it's Jedi, right Tie ;) ) academy books but what one? I wanted to look it up..I don't believe you :D
In the Essential book it doesn't say it, and the RPG doesn't say it.:confused:

In the books It flys straight through a Star Destroyer and comes out fine all systems OK...exept for the guns...they were kind of on the outside of the craft.:D

Kvan
08-18-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie


In the books It flys straight through a Star Destroyer and comes out fine all systems OK...exept for the guns...they were kind of on the outside of the craft.:D
The ship does, but we are talking about the firepower of the torps. fergie :)

madperm
08-18-2001, 05:05 PM
I SAY, JEDI ALL THE WAY! :ben:

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL!

darthfergie
08-18-2001, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

The ship does, but we are talking about the firepower of the torps. fergie :)

The torps...I think they can only go nova once a sun's heat melts the outside (so it can get to the core) So basically the torp would slam into something and wouldn't do much damage. Now before you go putting holes in my theory. I also think you can reprogram the torp to explodeon contact, but it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-18-2001, 06:56 PM
I don't know about the melting part. I believe that the book said that the torpedo sets off a chain reaction, but a star is the only thing large enough for the reaction to be stable and continue to its end. If its something little (like a Death Star) than there isn't sufficient mass for the chain reaction and it just burns out (not without doing alot of damage though). :D

darthfergie
08-18-2001, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Actually, in the book it completely vaporized like half of the Death Star Prototypes's superstructure. I think it could take out a building or two, no?

That is damage.:D

Gamma732
08-19-2001, 01:11 AM
If there are Ewoks as heroes, there should be at least 1 noghri(sp) in it.......unless they are they already an imp unit?

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
If there are Ewoks as heroes, there should be at least 1 noghri(sp) in it.......unless they are they already an imp unit?

It would be awesome if they were. Noghri commandos:D one of the Heroe units on the game...

Kvan
08-19-2001, 01:16 AM
Yeah that would be cool! The Noghri would have to be quick and hard to see!

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Kvan
Yeah that would be cool! The Noghri would have to be quick and hard to see!

Or...Noghri Commandos could be Stealth units like the Jedi exept they kill with one hit, but have low HP.

Kvan
08-19-2001, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie


Or...Noghri Commandos could be Stealth units like the Jedi exept they kill with one hit, but have low HP.
That would make sense that they kill with one hit, but....I don't know...one hit is pretty powerful. Maybe just kill the grunts with one hit, everthing else, more.

darthfergie
08-19-2001, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Kvan

That would make sense that they kill with one hit, but....I don't know...one hit is pretty powerful. Maybe just kill the grunts with one hit, everthing else, more.

The Jedi was blasting through troopers and stuff in one or two hits (awesome hits to say the least):D

Gamma732
08-19-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Kvan

That would make sense that they kill with one hit, but....I don't know...one hit is pretty powerful. Maybe just kill the grunts with one hit, everthing else, more.

Well, of course it'd only be the troops being killed in one hit. :p However I'd like to see 1 noghri try to take out a few AT-AT's alone.......even though it'd probably be a somewhat short fight.

Unless the noghri got inside of one somehow........

Gamma732
08-19-2001, 10:33 AM
Hey! The quote worked! Or is there something wrong with it that I'm missing?

Kvan
08-19-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Hey! The quote worked! Or is there something wrong with it that I'm missing?
It looks like you finally have a quote! :D
To fergie: Thats right the Jedi were kicking butt, but they were doing it to troops! Troops = grunts, so i don't have a problem with that :)

Young David
08-19-2001, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
If there are Ewoks as heroes, there should be at least 1 noghri(sp) in it.......unless they are they already an imp unit?

Ewoks are part of the movies ... Noghri are not. So chances are lower.

I wouldn't want noghri as regular unit. Noghri are not troopers, they are more like stealth commando's for special missions (like capturing a pregnant Jedi or as bodyguards). It's not they are very powerfull or something ... stealth is their major advance.

If there would be a noghri commando in the toybox, then it should be Rukh or Kabarakh. And only when the other HttE figures are in (Thrawn, Pelleon, Karrde).

M.A. 2000
08-20-2001, 07:06 AM
Jedi should be a suitable choice for the heroes, probably compromising most of them. But we should not forget the others. Han should be a good choice (with his blaster pistol) and Chewie is a definite one.

BTW what is Chewie's age in ANH?

Paragon_Leon
08-20-2001, 08:19 AM
about 200/300 years... i'm not exactly sure on that.
I'm pretty sure on Han and Chewie being selectable. they'll not make the mistake of leaving out heroes like THAT !

Kvan
08-20-2001, 03:01 PM
Hey, do you guys think that there are going to be any hero units that are especially for the game? Ones that we have never heard of before.

Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 03:07 PM
Isn't there a trade federation hero that wasn't in the movie? Oh, and there will probably be other droid heroes that we couldn't possibly know the names of.

Kvan
08-20-2001, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Isn't there a trade federation hero that wasn't in the movie? Oh, and there will probably be other droid heroes that we couldn't possibly know the names of.
00M-9 is the hero unit and he was in the movie :)

Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 04:54 PM
I think Chewies like somewhere around 250 years old in ANH.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-20-2001, 06:46 PM
What about Gungan and Naboo heros, sure we know some (Panaka, Amidala, Jar Jar, Nass, Tarpals), but I think there may be some new ones there too. Remember many of the heros in FoCom were new. :D

Master Yoda
08-20-2001, 07:29 PM
What about the Wookies? I know they will have Chewbacce, but what about some other Wookies as well?

Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 07:32 PM
Yeah, chewies father is new. And maybe they will have Lowbacca and lumpawaroo.

Rdog22
08-20-2001, 09:29 PM
I still don't get the character system. Is it going to be like in Skirmish and in the editor that you pick a character adn he has a unique AI style, or what? Like if you picked Vader he would prefer force rather than strategy, and if you picked Thrawn he would prefer very precise strategic strikes. Can someone please explain it to me?:confused:

Garry_M_Gaber
08-20-2001, 10:15 PM
Vader, Maul, Yoda, Mara Jade, General Veers (in and out of AT-AT), the Millenium Falcon, Captain Tarpals, Wedge Antilles in Snowspeeder, the A-wing, Captain Panaka, Jar Jar, Chewie, Greedo are just a few of the heroes/placeable units in the scenario editor.

Tie Guy
08-20-2001, 10:42 PM
How about heroes that we haven't seen before, will there be any of those? Like ones from the Wookies and Trade federation.

darthfergie
08-20-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Garry_M_Gaber
Vader, Maul, Yoda, Mara Jade, General Veers (in and out of AT-AT), the Millenium Falcon, Captain Tarpals, Wedge Antilles in Snowspeeder, the A-wing, Captain Panaka, Jar Jar, Chewie, Greedo are just a few of the heroes/placeable units in the scenario editor.

What about Royal Guards, Noghri, TIE Defender???

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 12:22 AM
If there is an Emperor, there should be a Royal Guard.....I would hope.

madperm
08-21-2001, 10:09 PM
For some reason i find it hard to imagine Jar Jar being a hero :D

It would be funny if having jar jar increase moral, which increased HP... but also, since he is so clumsy, your equipment would be damaged every now and then :) imagine building an enormous defense turrets only to have Jar Jar come and knock it down

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by madperm
For some reason i find it hard to imagine Jar Jar being a hero :D

It would be funny if having jar jar increase moral, which increased HP... but also, since he is so clumsy, your equipment would be damaged every now and then :) imagine building an enormous defense turrets only to have Jar Jar come and knock it down

That is one hero I would kill off quickly:D
I think he has horrible attck and good defence. MOstly you won't use him...justprotect him.

Gamma732
08-21-2001, 10:21 PM
Jar Jar has to be a hero, how else could we hunt him??

darthfergie
08-21-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Jar Jar has to be a hero, how else could we hunt him??

Good point;)

Master Yoda
08-21-2001, 10:32 PM
ya, if hes not in there we cant send huge armys to stomp him with!!

madperm
08-22-2001, 03:12 PM
i just hope i can attack JAr Jar any way possible :D

Darth_Rommel
08-22-2001, 03:15 PM
Jar- Jar isn't a hero... he's villian (sp) ;)

Admiral Odin
08-22-2001, 03:20 PM
Jar Jar will be a hero for the enemy. When he is in your forces he will most likly hit your own units then the enemy.

Gamma732
08-22-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Odin
Jar Jar will be a hero for the enemy. When he is in your forces he will most likly hit your own units then the enemy.

The scary thing is that that would actually make sense ;)

Admiral Odin
08-22-2001, 04:41 PM
I was thinking about it Jar Jar would be a good Hero. The enemy would die of laughter watching him.

Paragon_Leon
08-22-2001, 04:44 PM
i can't help but think that there's a good amount of younger players out there that is anticipating playing with jarjar.
to each his own, i guess..
I don't feel particularly comfortable with the EU characters, since i saw them apart from the movies..

Master Yoda
08-22-2001, 07:03 PM
Well they will probably be only in the scenerio editor and not in the campaigns so if you dont want to use them you dont have to. I want to use them but not with the Movie characters, it wouldnt make sense if you had Juuros Cyboth fighting Vader now would it?

Tie Guy
08-22-2001, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
I don't feel particularly comfortable with the EU characters, since i saw them apart from the movies..

That's like saying i'm not comfortable with some of the historical characters in AOK because i didn't study them. You have to put those in there, younger and non-EU players don't have to use them. Besides, what little kid plays rts games. They can pick up a copy of gungan frontier on the way home. :D

Admiral Odin
08-22-2001, 08:02 PM
With the EU heros would be like Robin Hood in Aok, or Friar Tuk. the were actually alive but still for fun.

I personally want to see what special features they have.

kyrosmagi
08-22-2001, 11:46 PM
korran horn.. i jedi was the 1st real starwars book i read, and i thought he was really cool

Hannibal
08-24-2001, 11:17 AM
I want Yoda(or Vader) to have fight a couple hundred battledroids. :yoda: :vadar:

Darth Goku
08-24-2001, 01:29 PM
My first mod would be to have a key sequence to kill all of the Jar Jar characters simply because he is too annoying... ;)

Admiral Odin
08-24-2001, 01:36 PM
That is why Jar Jar was put into the game. It was a way for GL, to say sorry for making most of the fans upset, you may now kill Jar Jar as much as you want.

Darth Goku
08-24-2001, 01:44 PM
ROFL!!!

crazy_dog
08-24-2001, 02:20 PM
As many characters as the can fit in.

Master Yoda
08-24-2001, 05:02 PM
Darth Goku? You must be one of those Dragon ball z fans.(MASINKO! KAMAHAMAHA!!)

trade fed fred
08-29-2001, 11:29 AM
i wan't to see yoda wit a lightsaber in the game.:D

JEDI_MASTA
08-29-2001, 11:32 AM
yeah yoda with a lightsaber in te game would be pretty cool can u immagine how much damage he could do he is so strong with the force

Darth Goku
08-29-2001, 11:39 AM
Yes, I am a DBZ fan!!! It is too bad Cartoon Network doesn't show anything past the Perfect Cell Saga. Can't find too many bootlegged versions on the net anymore :confused: ;) .

Paladin
08-30-2001, 01:04 PM
Yoda w/lightsaber or Boss Nass.

brashin99451
08-30-2001, 02:24 PM
i would want yoda, jabba, the emperor, vader and it would be nice to see brashin in a real uniform. and then i would want donatello, michaelangelo, leonardo, raphael, splinter, april o'neil, shredder, krang, bebop, and rocksteady :D.

Admiral Odin
08-30-2001, 06:55 PM
with yoda this is what will happen.

On screen you will see a little green creature and a can walking towards a group of men. Then Yoda throws them around with the force. After killing them all. You hear. Do not underestimate the power of the force.

darthfergie
08-31-2001, 10:32 PM
Got a huge batch of hero characters today. Steve placed them all in a level and made them fight Tusken Raiders, then methodically killed them all off just to hear them scream. Yoda is looking very, very cool.

From the Designer Diary...they are as brutal as we are:D

Link Antilles
08-31-2001, 10:47 PM
1.Fett :fett:
2.Wedge :wedge: