PDA

View Full Version : Sam & Max Animation art for sale

dwickware
12-19-2001, 10:27 PM
Hi all, I have a simple message to send. I recently worked at Nelvana ltd. the studio that made the TV show and I've got tonnes of Sam & Max orginal art work that I want to put up for sale on E-Bay. I've got animation cels, promotional art work (never before seen), model sheets, BG's & scripts. So what I need to know is would anybody like this stuff, is it worth it for me to offer it to fans or has that time passed?

Metallus
12-19-2001, 10:33 PM
Well, if you are who you claim to be, I should say there is quite a market for long-lost Sam and Max collectibles. However, we'd need some proof that you're legit (not to sound accusatory, but we've had to deal with phonies before).

Setion
12-19-2001, 10:40 PM
I WANT IT ALL! MEMEMEMEME!

Jester, buy me everything this guy has for christmas...

Unless he is fake. Then I shall have a non-pulp fiction torturing session.

Metallus
12-19-2001, 10:44 PM
Settle down, Sam, this one's probably a keeper. We'd be very interested in seeing what you have to offer.

Jake
12-20-2001, 01:45 AM
Yeah, could you put some scans up?

Actually we really try to archive anything that comes up online, and even if none of us end up with originals it would be great to get pictures of all this stuff. Any Sam & Max merchandise or collectible or original art is insanely rare and dissapears quickly, so scans or digital camera pictures of at least the more interesting stuff would be really appreciated.

Also I'm interested in buying some stuff :)

AndrewL
12-20-2001, 10:00 AM
Thats AMAZING. I live in Toronto too. I will buy every last thing you got. Contact me @ shroomz11@hotmail.com

iisaac
12-20-2001, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by dwickware
[...] what I need to know is would anybody like this stuff, is it worth it for me to offer it to fans or has that time passed?

Sam & Max make time stay still. I wouln't buy any of it because it's meaningless to me, but you can see that plenty of other people are very enthusiastic about the idea.

Does Nelvana LTD. know about this? Does Steve Purcell?

Jake
12-20-2001, 12:47 PM
Andrew don't be a fiend.

(my email address is jakerr@cats.ucsc.edu by the way)

AndrewL
12-20-2001, 08:18 PM
HAHAHAHA. I'll fiend all I want. Sam & Max is like a drug to me. Once i get some i need more and more. I develop a dependency on it.

sheaday6
12-20-2001, 10:56 PM
as is pez to me:explode:

EvilleApplePie
12-20-2001, 11:02 PM
Oooo Pez. ^_^ *huggles all her pez dispenser friends*

iisaac
12-21-2001, 03:52 AM
http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~dml/PEZhalf.gif

Jake
12-21-2001, 06:34 PM
Good old DML.

The Dogfuchow
12-23-2001, 11:51 AM
...... crackwhores.

AndrewL
12-24-2001, 11:43 AM
DAMNIT DWICKWARE. CONTACT ME ! I WANT THAT STUFF.

The Dogfuchow
12-24-2001, 12:06 PM
and scans, too.

dwickware
12-24-2001, 01:37 PM
Will thanks to Jake I got back here just in time. I do have a lot of Sam & Max stuff for you all and I will get them scanned in for all of you to see very soon (this being just before the new year so hold on), as far as Nelvana and Steve are concerned I bought these pieces from Nelvana at the yearly auction long ago and Steve well he really has no say as to what happenst to this stuff, sorry this is how it works when you license you art work to a studio as nasty as Nelvana (trust me I know). Lets see for those of you who cannot wait till this stuff is on E-Bay just email me and I'll give you all a preview of what I got so far maybe as early as today or Christmas day. I'd like to hear from you all I want people who want this stuff to get their hands on it, that is the truth.

Dylan

iisaac
12-24-2001, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry Steve got the royal shaft job. That's how it is with high risk projects.

The Dogfuchow
12-24-2001, 06:48 PM
sounds good...

still can't wait for the scans

Schmatz
12-25-2001, 12:48 AM
Don't worry about Steve... he prolly could make more in an instant... hopefully he does :D

The Dogfuchow
12-25-2001, 01:08 AM
that's a super idea.

AndrewL
12-25-2001, 03:05 PM
oooh baby can't wait to get my hands on this stuff.
whats this guys email anyways?

Schmatz
12-25-2001, 07:04 PM
its theresnoway@inhellyourgettingit.com

AndrewL
12-25-2001, 11:21 PM
Oh it is? I coulda swore it was: AndrewLIsGettinMoreThanAnyOfYouAreBecauseOfLocatio n@SoILaughAtYouOtherSam&MaxCommunitySuckaz.org

The Dogfuchow
12-26-2001, 11:13 AM
dammit

dwickware
01-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey all Dylan here and I can finally say that my 1st Sam & Max Animation cel is up on E-Bay starting at $20.00 dollars at http://cgi.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&item=1060206352

If you can wait a while more I'm going through all my S & M (Tee Hee) stuff and I'll have a list of some sort so any potental buyers can have a quick look over my stuff and what is more desirable to most will go up first, I also want to add I can make copies of any image that I have so nobody has to go without their favorate or at least get bothered that I'm trying to play on the needs of collectors and fans to turn a quick buck. I just want to move some of this stuff outta my apartment and pass it along to people who want it so I'll be back soon with new images and a list to follow.

Dylan

Metallus
01-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks Dylan, but the link doesn't appear to be working. I'll mess around with it to see if I get anything.

EDIT: Got it. It was missing a ? and a -.

Thanks again :D

iisaac
01-08-2002, 05:44 AM
Dylan is... the most honest person I ever read of over the internet.

The Dogfuchow
01-10-2002, 06:13 PM
but is he? really?

cool cel...

SyntheticGerbil
01-11-2002, 07:05 AM
It's an animation cel, right? So it was from some animation sequence, right? So why does Sam have a gun? Because that simply is not aloud on children's television... well, unless you're Batman.

dwickware
01-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Ok, first the cel I put up on E-Bay is a promotional cel meaning it was used in the making of, promtion of, or design of the show. This cel was created at Nelvana for the television show Sam & Max but wasent a actual animated cel from the show. The show was in fact painted on computer (on a program called Animo) in Europe somewhere so there are no frame to frame animation cels of the show. What I have for you fans are cels made fro the show in some fashion ie: the cover of T.V guide or an animation magazine or even some frame by frame shots used for Nelvana's promo video or most importantly the opening of the show which has the most promotion cels made from it(more dynamic poses). Now the gun cel is from the 'fun pack' of the show which is the bible that all animators, directors and designers had to make the show from, its a inside studio cel never released to the public I thought the image of the guns would get you ( the real fans) excited since its the only cel I got that depicts the two as there were in the comic (my favorate) and not in some animated pose on a 8.5 x 11 inch cel in a pose that is hardly dynamic, but I do have a few of the giant ****roaches running and S & M (Tee Hee) chasing it in scale so S & M are really small in the background, like my earlier post said I'm trying to get most of these pics into my 'puter so you all can have a look to see what you like or don't like but honestly I have to watch how much this cost me right now I realy don't want to put myself out too much without something coming back to me so I can either buy a scanner or afford the outragious prices of Kinko's. Talk to ya soon.

Dylan

Andrei
01-11-2002, 11:57 PM
I can't believe it censors cawkroaches. That's pretty funny.

SyntheticGerbil
01-12-2002, 06:37 AM
That sucks some gargantua ****... maybe lucasforums should change their **** rubbing censorship a bit. **** in your mouth.

Metallus
01-14-2002, 06:22 PM
You only deserve to swear if you can break the swear filter.

:D

iisaac
01-15-2002, 05:32 AM
We accept educated rude people. Like myself.

MtBlanc
01-15-2002, 05:32 PM
We sure do! But we don't accept uneducated rude people.

*shakes fist vigorously*

Metallus
01-15-2002, 11:18 PM
What about educated nice people...like...

*looks around*

...ah, nevermind.

JackTheGaffer
01-20-2002, 02:33 AM
Did you say you have modle sheets??? I would love a look at those, and posible buy them.

samandmaxfiend
01-25-2002, 07:58 AM
keep coming with more info..im interested too..and since u worked with nelvana..u wouldnt have any eek the cat stuff would you???

SAMANDMAXLOVER
11-11-2002, 04:06 PM
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I HOPE HE COMES UP WITH THE PICTURES SOON MAN F*KING A:amidala:

SyntheticGerbil
11-11-2002, 04:44 PM
You really are an unsavory goon.

sheaday6
11-11-2002, 08:55 PM
amen

Maxattack
11-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Firstly people when buying cells allways look for some form
of authetication or something like a artists signiture etc.
It is very easy to make cells that arnt legit. I used to personally make simpsons cells all the time just for fun. Not for profit.

Be smart when purchasing cells.

Dylan

YTtheMighty
12-07-2002, 01:24 PM
Good point... But S&M isn't a big popular cartoon, but still a damn funny one, i don't think many people would waste time making Sam and Max cells, unless they're, well, weird...

Oh and Dylan, you'll make some money, belive you me, get a cheapo $60 scanner and you'll make mare than that selling all that stuff you got.