PDA

View Full Version : OK Naboo dreamers....Let's get this show on the road!!

GunganArchitect
12-20-2001, 02:08 AM
Naboo Campaign

Alright you've been planning, you've been arguing, you've been speculating, but you haven't been "doing".

By "doing" I mean actively going about getting this project up and running. OK you've had plot discussions and volunteers, and even got SCN Punk involved (at my suggestion I might add ;)) but this ain't enough. You guys needa get going before X-mas comes and we get bombarded with another bazillion members to these already crowded forums. Create it now, and surprise the n00bs in the months after X-mas.

The plan...

1. Get a plot that is agreeable. I suggest a mix of Fergie's, Com Raven's, and some other guys who have had very good "small ideas" to add. Basically post a new thread that is entitled:

Final Plot/Storyline ideas for Unofficial Naboo campaign

people can then add their ideas, before we have a vote for the best one, or one that has a mixture of many people's ideas.

2. Allocate jobs - ie who is going to do what.

My advice - stick with a small scenario team, keep it small and close knit. A big team invariably leads to arguments and breakdown. have one lead designer who knows everything - triggers, eye-candy etc. And then have a team around him - smaller guys who can design maps, write plots etc. And of course the beta testers to help throughout the campaign, testing as you progress. :)

3. Make it!

Hopefully it will run smoothly and live up to the hype! There's nothing worse than a hyped up campaign that never 'cut the cake'. One that springs to my mind on the old Heavengame AOK Forums was a scenario.campaign called "Makken". The author hyped it up, then it came out, and by all reports, was a dissapointment. So guys, do a good job.

"May the force be with you."

The team should definately include a role for Stan - who I rate highly, judging from his work as an AOK designer and an expert on triggers.

Cheers from the Aussie Gungan,

<Gungan_Architect>

Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 02:25 AM
Well, thanks for the praise :).

This is, after all, a leisure activity. Creating such a campaign would certainly be impressive, as I don't recall a similar incidence in the Age of Kings Heaven forums. Really glad to see such an active scenario design community here :). My email is stan_the_conquistador@hotmail.com if anyone has any questions :).

Com Raven
12-20-2001, 03:58 PM
Sure, most people came here and said that they wanted to hekp, but didn't have much experience ...

So for anything a bit complicated, Stan is going to be our mainstay ... (other people can do basic outlines etc, but I think you're gonna be the best for triggers/cutscene´s and stuff like that ...)

And right Architect, story should be final at the end of christmas holidays ...

GunganArchitect
12-20-2001, 07:21 PM
cool :)

Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 09:49 PM
Well, one thing I can't do too much is provide arguments for SW accuracy, since I am not a big SW fanatic in general.

darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:33 AM
I've got SW accuracy down easy...(read 145+ SW Novels:D )
Also we can have several fanatics here double check our work...

Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:34 AM
That's great :).

darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:36 AM
OKay do you think I should lengthen the time for the poll so we can get the campaigns worked out???

Or should I go with it tomorrow...because I havn't gotten many pms with their scenario ideas yet...

Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:53 AM
Give it until Saturday, then decide the next step.

darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:58 AM
Yeah...I was thinking along those lines...

If you want this campaign any time soon send me your campaign Ideas...no references please...by Sat. Morning (Early morning)

Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:59 AM
Which timezone? :p

darthfergie
12-21-2001, 01:04 AM
My TimeZone:p
(currently it is 11:07pm here so draw your own conclusions)

Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 01:15 AM
That makes it CST (Central Standard Time), 6 hours behind GMT.

darthfergie
12-21-2001, 01:18 AM
remember pm me those campaign's before 9:00am or 10:00am my time...

Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 01:19 AM
Or use email.

darthfergie
12-21-2001, 01:21 AM
The E-mail function here has been disabled (although I don't know why)

Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 01:37 AM
I meant using email directly :p.