PDA

View Full Version : MoH:AA SP Demo

StephenG
01-01-2002, 12:31 AM
does anyone have the MoH:AA Single player demo. There are a few copies of it flying around the web. EA and Fileplanet aint gonna release it until wed/thur. Whole bunch of people already have it...does anyone here have it?

StephenG
01-01-2002, 01:05 AM
i found it!! it about 175mb in size. i gonna download it now!

Millions o' Monkeys
01-01-2002, 04:33 AM
errr....where did you find it ?

Darth Simpson
01-01-2002, 06:23 AM
I saw over at VoodooExtreme that it was for sale at Amazon. I'm not going to pay for a demo, so please link me. =)

EDIT : Found it myself, and everyone else should go get it here (http://202.102.29.150/mohaa/mohaa.zip)!

Vagabond
01-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Okay, I'll bite. What is MoH:AA?

Darth Simpson
01-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Medal of Honour : Allied Assault, a WWII based FPS competing with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, although Allied Assault takes a more realistic approach.

The demo is a blast to play, I recommend it to anyone. Just the sound is amazing, not to mention the graphics! Go try!

Hannibal
01-01-2002, 11:58 AM
This is one of those games that I wanted as soon as I heard about it. I think it'll be one of the best of 2002. Even though it was suppose to come out in 2001.;)

JekRendar
01-01-2002, 02:40 PM
Wrong, darth Simpson, it's Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt, it's an American Game, no U!!!

Agen
01-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JekRendar
Wrong, darth Simpson, it's Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt, it's an American Game, no U!!!
WTF are u talknig about?

Darth Simpson
01-01-2002, 03:03 PM
I think he meant that I should have spelt Honour without the 'u', American style. There's nothing wrong with British you know... ;)

BTW, you seem to have 'misplaced' a 'u' on your own there... :p

Agen
01-01-2002, 03:34 PM
ah..... well i'm scottish so kiss de ass..... *waves ass in front of face*

digl
01-01-2002, 04:04 PM
you are from "The place were men dance around in skirts caleld kilts"
LOL

Agen
01-01-2002, 04:34 PM
well it's embarrassing coming from a palce where ur ancestors used to act like hippes and blow into big pipe like things.
or as the germans call them. doodlesacks (that's true actually)

Vagabond
01-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Hehe...doodlesacks you say? I've got your doodlesack right here, buddy ;)

Agen
01-01-2002, 05:23 PM
noooooooooooo!!! u stole my doodlesack!!!! u will pay *yoinks doodlesack out of vaga's hand and blows into it, making screechy noises to blow up vag's head*

StormHammer
01-01-2002, 05:56 PM
I've been looking forward to playing the MOH:AA demo myself...but I think I'll wait for it on a cover disk. 175Mb on my 56k connection is going to take forever...

I also hope there's a patch to enable blood in the full game...

Agen
01-01-2002, 06:02 PM
yeh i'm gonna wait for it to be ion a cover disk. I think there was a patch released by some modders for blood. u'd have to check back in the thread about MoH mp demo for the address.

Millions o' Monkeys
01-01-2002, 06:15 PM
i spent 14 hours downloading the mp demo...no way am i gonna do this

digl
01-01-2002, 06:32 PM
Iv not been looking forward to this at all, but you talk so much about it Ill have to d/l the demo :)

Obi Kwan
01-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Ugh; had 95% of it and then I had to shut down; I regret the day I ever installed XP!!!

acdcfanbill
01-01-2002, 08:48 PM
why doncha use a program like getright, so you can resume d/l's its really damn handy...

digl
01-01-2002, 09:25 PM
you should really use it
Iv used getright since I first got internet access, when downloading a mb was terrible
now I still use it, its great, It can search and use even 8 mirrors at the same time, sometimes you achieve great speeds that way

what problem do you have with XP? It has worked strangely good for me, I have had about three forced reboots in more than a month that Iv been using it (That is almost perfection compared to all the BsoD I got with 98SE)

OnlyOneCanoli
01-01-2002, 09:48 PM
I must say I'm pretty impressed with the demo. It was surprisingly fun and the weapons are cool. Gotta love the sniper rifle and the panzerfraust.

However, I'm not sure if the seemingly awesome SP mode is enough for me to buy it with its seemingly horrible MP mode. I remember there was a very looong debate at OWK.net about this type of thing. Oh well, I'll have to see some reviews first, I suppose.

Obi Kwan
01-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Im not sure what my problem has been with xp. It worked rather well for several weeks but as of late i have recieved many strange messages. I think it might be in part becuase i use a lot of music editing software, which in itself can be strange.

Ill have to look into get right! I tried dling the game again it again but was getting 6 kbps on my cable modem.

StephenG
01-01-2002, 11:21 PM
After playing the SP demo then falling to sleep till 12pm in the afternoon the next day i have to say that MoH:AA is gonna be a great SP experience. cant wait to buy it. Dont buy MoHAA for multiplayer, but it for SP. They could have balanced the mp mode abit more.

Darth Simpson
01-02-2002, 04:33 AM
Canoli, have you tried the new team-play map for MoH yet? I haven't, so let's give it a go sometime, ok?

StormHammer
01-02-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
why doncha use a program like getright, so you can resume d/l's its really damn handy...

The problem I have is largely with my ISP, not just my connection. I'm paying monthly for 24-hr access, but they recently introduced a verification app when you log on...and Getright (among others) doesn't like it, so it can't reconnect automatically. It sucks. :(

I do use Freeserve as well at the moment, but I have to pay local call charges, so huge downloads kill my phone bill.

I'm now looking into changing my ISP (currently BTInternet)...maybe getting the monthly package with Freeserve.

Of course, if BT would get around to putting in the infrastructure for DSL in my area, I wouldn't have a problem at all...

StephenG
01-02-2002, 08:20 AM
het stormmie, good to see i'm not the only one having ISP problems. i'm with Telstra and they keep jacking up the prices for cable and they put a 3GB limit on. i might have to go back to 56k soon..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wilhuf
01-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Must try MOH multiplayer demo... must clear hard drive space... must fit in gaming schedule. Do I reschedule AvP2? GBG? Battlezone2 (yes, it is a great game), Mechwarrior4? Too many doodlesackin' games!

digl
01-02-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by StephenG
het stormmie, good to see i'm not the only one having ISP problems. i'm with Telstra and they keep jacking up the prices for cable and they put a 3GB limit on. i might have to go back to 56k soon..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You have a montlhy limit for downloads!:eek: that really sucks
I hope you and stormy can get a decent broadband connection soon

Vagabond
01-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Me too. I'd love to hook up with StormHammer for some gaming goodness. Say, digl, do you have a very quick connection? Maybe you could hook up with us for some gamage? Wilhuf and I always use Roger Wilco when we game so we can talk instead of typing messages. It's way cool :cool:

digl
01-02-2002, 01:07 PM
my connection is fast but for local servers only :(
We may try to play something, but Ill probably have much ping
give me some IP I should ping to have an idea of what ping Id have in the servers you play

Iv used RW too, Its really useful for playing CTF and team based games

Agen
01-02-2002, 01:14 PM
I use download accelerator. much liek getright but it comes up with about 50 mirros.; i have 56k but i want cable. I might get it soon but i dunno.

digl
01-02-2002, 01:35 PM
but it downloads from the 50 mirrors at the same time?
getright makes up to 8 segments of the file, ie you download at 5k/s from each server you get a total of 40 k/s

OnlyOneCanoli
01-02-2002, 03:40 PM
I downloaded the map, Simpson. I haven't tried it out. We should give it a shot sometime. Hopefully it's better than MoH DM.

Anybody play this Conquest Frontier Wars demo? Simpson says it's good, so we're gonna give it a shot if anyone's interested in playing it.

Ryo Ohki
01-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer

Of course, if BT would get around to putting in the infrastructure for DSL in my area, I wouldn't have a problem at all...

Had BT DSL since Nov 00 and now I can't go back :)

StormHammer
01-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ryo Ohki
Had BT DSL since Nov 00 and now I can't go back :)

Some people have all the luck... :(

Of course, my alternative to waiting for DSL to come to me...is to move somewhere that already has it. ;)

Have you had any problems with it, Ryo? I've heard on the grapevine that some people have had problems with it...

Ryo Ohki
01-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Most of my problems were Modem related but went away when I got an updated driver for it.

I've seen some of the Horror stories, Worst I've had was loss of service over a weekend (1 of the longest weekends of my life)

Millions o' Monkeys
01-03-2002, 07:26 PM
arg i hate 56k and i cant afford cable :(

GB_StormTrooper
01-07-2002, 06:47 AM
I downloaded it a couple days ago but havent been able to try it yet :)

Mafia_Jabba
01-08-2002, 10:31 PM
It's great I enjoyed it...get download accellerator guys its great...I got it in about 45 min