View Full Version : Toto Santos...Hungarian?!?!

01-01-2002, 03:47 PM
In year 3, when you make Naranja pass out at Toto Santos' place, he speaks Hungarian!!! He sais things like:
"Ha azt hiszed hogy fizetés nélkül elmehetsz, nagyon tévedsz"
"Részeg csavargó" (which means: drunken homeless)
The game though only writes "idiot" as a translation.
So is Toto Santos Hungarian????
Which programmer did do this?
I browsed the credits, and only found one (possibly)hungarian name, Szarabajka. I just remember the family name. So he gave his voice to 2 characters.
Anyone have an idea about that?

[A Hungarian guy]

01-01-2002, 05:31 PM
That's interesting, considering he's got a uniquely Spanish name.

01-01-2002, 06:19 PM
My take on Toto is that he's been around. Wherever he's from, he probably spent his life in various port cities and has picked up several languages. He's a gutter-cosmopolitan.

Maybe they did pick Hungarian for Toto to bad-mouth people in another language (although I think I hear Chinese coming out of his mouth sometimes). But you can't draw any conclusions based on someone's last name, not in the United States.

01-02-2002, 01:24 AM
Wait... is that at the tattoo parlor... geez I play the game and 2 months later I forget! I'm pretty sure I'm right though

01-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Yep. Toto's the tattoo guy. Actually, it's scrimshaw ('the art of carving or incising intricate designs on whalebone or whale ivory'--no wonder it hurts!).

01-02-2002, 02:50 PM
Ok-ok, I was just searching for a hungarian name, to find a reason for the hungarian speech. Oh and Hungary has no ports, it hasnt got any sea shores...
But its cool anyway.

01-02-2002, 06:51 PM
The reason probably is: they needed a foreign language for Toto, and someone knew Hungarian.

And I'm sure Hungary's landlocked position doesn't prevent anyone from leaving the country traveling the world if that person so desires.

01-05-2002, 02:29 PM
You said:
"The reason probably is: they needed a foreign language for Toto, and someone knew Hungarian."
If you read my first post again, that was the second part which I wrote. But hey! It doesnt matter, I didnt want to start arguing
about this, I just wanted to share this info with you guys.

09-29-2014, 07:38 PM
I know that is an old thread but I have another "suspect":

Katherine Csizmadia

http://www.mobygames.com/game/n64/star-wars-shadows-of-the-empire/credits (at personal thanks)

10-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Can you tell us all the Hungarian things he says? :)