PDA

View Full Version : Lucasfilm confirms 'NSYNC in Episode II

Vagabond
01-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Uhhh, check out the news <a href="http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13691">here</a>. For the love of god, man, what have you done?

Bartender, make mine a double.

ed_silvergun
01-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Well wadda ya know? Ole George was quite right to call it Attack of the Clones after all. ;)

duder
01-02-2002, 05:06 PM
^^^^

good one silvergun!

The good news is that apparently they get killed in a matter of seconds!!!

This may turn out to be really enjoyable :D

digl
01-02-2002, 05:13 PM
OMG
I cant believe it
First Jar Jar, then that stupid name "attack of the clones"
and now nsync!!!
What are you thinking George???
Lets hope Its true that "The guys will be seen for a fleeting moment in a "big scene with lots of extras.""

What will be the next surprise?
maybe tourist guy (http://www.touristguy.com) has a main role in Ep3

Boba Rhett
01-02-2002, 05:16 PM
*weeps uncontrollably*

What have ya done George?!?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

Does this mean their name will defile the credits too? :eek:

*continues weeping uncontrollably*

Frosty_V2.1
01-02-2002, 05:18 PM
WTF!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! I DON'T BELEIVE IT!!! BRAIN CAN'T...TAKE......IT.....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:explode:

OnlyOneCanoli
01-02-2002, 05:27 PM
AHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Poor George... I don't know what happened to him. The Flanneled One is no longer his original self.

Darth Simpson
01-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Now George has lost his mind. Please let them die on the screen, never, ever to return again!

digl
01-02-2002, 05:45 PM
All five members of the group — Justin, LANCE BASS, JC CHASEZ, CHRIS KIRKPATRICK and JOEY FATONE — appear in a battle scene in Episode II: Attack Of The Clones.

But unfortunately for fans they are all bumped off within seconds by savage androids.

The boys got involved because producer GEORGE LUCAS’s 13-year-old daughter Katie is a fan of the band and badgered her dad to give them a role.

A film source said: “All of them play Jedi knights in an arena battle on a planet called Geonosis.

“They are only seen for half a second in the background getting blown up by droids. There is then a short, blurry shot of N Sync dying.

I dont mind if they die (of course they better die than survive), but how can they be Jedi!!!!!
I deserve a cameo appearance more than nsync!

Darth_Lando
01-02-2002, 05:47 PM
*sniff*

Tragedy.. or tragic comedy.... you decide. :( :( :(

ed_silvergun
01-02-2002, 05:52 PM
Jedi! That's a goddam outrage!

And George bowed to the will of his 13 year-old daughter? Pah! Your powers are weak, old man...

StormHammer
01-02-2002, 06:13 PM
OMG... :eek:

Woody from Toy Story to GL
You must not be thinking clearly...

For all those who are unconsolable, the Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blasters are on me. Make mine a double-triple. :p

So, when GL's daughter was 9-10, we got a pod-racing kid and Jar Jar Binks. Now she's 13...so we get N...*gags*...

Okay...so how long before E-III...and what in the galaxy can we expect then...

Sounds Risky
01-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by digl

But unfortunately for fans they are all bumped off within seconds by savage androids.

Androids? Since when have they been part of Star Wars?

digl
01-02-2002, 06:25 PM
dont ask me! I just quoted :)
I guess they are talking about clons

Darth_Lando
01-02-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Gehenna

Androids? Since when have they been part of Star Wars?

I guess for as long as NSYNC have been Jedi Knights. Ewwwwww!

bsbuckeye21
01-02-2002, 06:29 PM
Bwahahaha! Next they'll put out *N Jedi action figures!

Anything to top Harry Potter's numbers I guess.

Man, why couldn't the girl like cool stuff, like plots...

wardz
01-02-2002, 06:32 PM
OMG, If I were George Lucas's child, you could at least ask for someone like cindy crawford in. Grrr... :)

wardz

ed_silvergun
01-02-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Okay...so how long before E-III...and what in the galaxy can we expect then...

Well, she'll be 17-18 then, so I reckon we should be bracing ourselves for nightclubs, copious amounts of alcohol and soft drugs, and a plethora of anonymous menfolk... ;)

digl
01-02-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ed_silvergun

Well, she'll be 17-18 then, so I reckon we should be bracing ourselves for nightclubs, copious amounts of alcohol and soft drugs, and a plethora of anonymous menfolk... ;)
And maybe some interesting scene between Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman...;)

[TE]BiocYte[OO]
01-02-2002, 06:39 PM
I also heard Nsync in collaboration with Britney Spears are doing the Soundtrack. George Lucas is going for that non orchestral feel that was such a hit in "A Knights Tale".

I cant wait....

LOL!!

Wacky_Baccy
01-02-2002, 06:40 PM
At least GL hasn't made them anybody worth worrying about:

“They are only seen for half a second in the background getting blown up by droids. There is then a short, blurry shot of N Sync dying."
I'm actually quite glad he's put them in, 'cos I've never liked 'em :angel: ...shame it wasn't Steps, tho... :evil1: ;)

Hehe, I bet his daughter'll think twice before asking daddy to give them (or anyone) a role in Ep3! :D

TTFN+MTFBWY

W_B

ed_silvergun
01-02-2002, 06:44 PM
George, if you so much as dare to consider anyone other than Mr Williams for the soundtrack, rest assured, I will go Gungan on yo ass!

Vagabond
01-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Ya, George, and that's Mr. Mr. Williams to you.

WD_ToRMeNt
01-02-2002, 07:49 PM
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Welp, I'll definately give a cheer when they get roasted but that fact that they're there in the first place makes me gag. It just goes to show old GL has lost his mind.

I'll puke if they abandon the regular SWs kinda' of music and have those queers and other teenie boppers do the soundtrack.

Wilhuf
01-03-2002, 06:03 PM
John Walker, the American found in Kandahar Afghanistan, apparently a member of the Taliban? He's from Marin County.

George Lucas, the American 'director'/producer who includes NYSNC in Attack of the Clones? He's from Marin County.

Must be a 'Marin County thing'...

digl
01-03-2002, 07:24 PM
Im lucky to live really far away from Marin County!!

acdcfanbill
01-04-2002, 07:51 PM
fer gods sake, its a good thing they are non speaking extras.... im gonna break into the theatre, cut out the film cells with them in it, and then splice it back together, so no one will know... then i can watch it in peace... hopefully...

Tie Guy
01-04-2002, 10:04 PM
Well, it'll be cool seeing them get absolutely mutalated in battle (sorta like what would happen in real life, eh?). And, just like WD_ToRMeNt said, when it happens i'm gonna stand up and clap and cheer until people yell at me. :D

StarScrap
01-04-2002, 11:11 PM
Hmmm.....Sounds kind of like putting ranks of your enemies' heads on pikes lining the walk to your castle if you ask me :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :confused:

Oh. Ya. Just so long as he keeps the score. If I hear a different first four notes I may well walk out of the theatre. Well.....no. But it sounded good...

Millions o' Monkeys
01-05-2002, 12:21 AM
ok i guess next year will have to be the good one then:(

Sounds Risky
01-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
And, just like WD_ToRMeNt said, when it happens i'm gonna stand up and clap and cheer until people yell at me. :D

You won't see them. You'll forget about them when the theater lights go off and the logos show up. That is, unless, you're obsessed about them.

digl
01-05-2002, 05:59 PM
and if you clap fans may think you like them, and they all stand up to kick your ass!

Vagabond
01-05-2002, 06:55 PM
digl,

...and if you clap fans may think you like them, and they all stand up to kick your ass!...

Hehe...that made me laugh :cool:

Millions o' Monkeys
01-06-2002, 12:20 AM
i have an idea, no sorry no i dont...ill just shut up ans swear quitely to myself

matt--
01-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Don't clap, yell "yay! they're dead!"
;)

GB_StormTrooper
01-06-2002, 07:45 AM
What? Becuause of GL's Daughter, N'Sync has to be in the movie??!! Man.....Id like to personally like to take a piece of every shoe in the world, making it into one huge boot, and shove it up where the sun dont shine :(...:mad: :swear: Man I hate little spoiled stuckup little snotty girls. I bet she dosent even like Star Wars!! Grrr...

Vagabond
01-06-2002, 10:03 AM
Suppossedly, the official word from LucasFilm is that the girls had nothing to do with it. Privately? That's another story.

matt--
01-06-2002, 11:02 AM
That's your 1000 post Vag!
*throws party*

StephenG
01-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Where does G.L. come up with these "cazy ideas" like JarJar, Attack of the Clones and now NSYNC? he must be running low/used up his good ideas.

ed_silvergun
01-06-2002, 12:07 PM
I maintain that calling a film with NSYNC in Attack of the Clones is one of the better ideas I've heard recently...

Vagabond
01-06-2002, 12:17 PM
Well, waddya know, matt-windu, 1000 posts :cool: ...thanks for the party. Where's the keg?
;)

matt--
01-06-2002, 12:29 PM
It's in the corner!:rolleyes:
Open your eyes, Vag!

Darth Simpson
01-06-2002, 12:39 PM
ed, LOL!

Vag, congrats on reaching 1000!

StarScrap
01-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Vag HAD his eyes open. It's just that it was the THIRD keg he was looking for...

Agen
01-06-2002, 04:51 PM
You mean there's another Keg!!!!

ed_silvergun
01-06-2002, 06:04 PM
There's always another keg...

Millions o' Monkeys
01-07-2002, 03:53 AM
mmmm kegs

GB_StormTrooper
01-07-2002, 05:56 AM
I hope you guys didnt forget that they didnt just come up with Attack of the Clones recently...remember in ANH? Obi Wan had mentioned to Luke that he was in the Clone War, so its pretty obvious why thats the Title of the new Epi. ;)

Vagabond
01-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Good Title: The Clone Wars
Bad Title: Attack of the Clones

GonkH8er
01-07-2002, 09:55 AM
well put vag. well put :)

Worse Title - "When Clones Attack!" or "Clone maulings on home video!"

KordKelly
01-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by GonkH8er
Worse Title - "When Clones Attack!" or "Clone maulings on home video!"

True...

But if those were the name, it'd have to be shown on FOX!!!

:max:

CaptainRAVE
01-07-2002, 01:43 PM
When I first read about this I didnt believe it......its just another thing that makes the star wars series get even worse

Darth Simpson
01-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Yay!

N'Sync NOT in Episode II (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13803)!

Woooo!

Vagabond
01-10-2002, 11:19 AM
As Ani would say,

YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Wilhuf
01-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Yipee.:ewok: :ewok: :ewok:

Obi Kwan
01-10-2002, 04:39 PM
Wow; that was a scary 8 days.

OnlyOneCanoli
01-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Best news I've heard this week. :D

digl
01-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Darth Simpson
Yay!

N'Sync NOT in Episode II (http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13803)!

Woooo!

great!!!!!!

acdcfanbill
01-10-2002, 10:06 PM
yaaa, i announced the news to our floor and nearly everyone cheered, a few said, " they WERE gonna be in it???"

digl
01-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast
Thu, Jan 10, 02 07:54:56 PM EST

The word earlier today from 'NSync singer Joey Fatone was that the band's cameo appearances were being cut from Episode II. Well here's an article saying the decision ain't final just yet. Seems as if the final cut will come from George himself. From E! Online:

"... I'm going to make it officially known that they dropped it because people made a big deal about it," said Fatone, who sounded a tad perturbed about the development. "We're not going to be in it, and I'm not going to comment on it any more."
So can those griping Star Wars fans finally breath easy? Not quite. Lucasfilm spokeswoman Lynn Hale wouldn't confirm Thursday whether 'N Sync will or will not appear in the final cut of Clones, saying "it's just too early to make that decision."

"The 'N Sync guys were shot as extras, and whether they're in or out won't be determined until the final edit," Hale says.

... His wasn't the only heart broken over the casting. Star Wars geeks let out a collective yelp last week when word leaked that 'N Sync shot a scene for Clones, no matter how brief and inconsequential it may have been.

But Lucasfilm rep Hale denies that public criticism will have any effect on whether the boys stay or go from the film. "George makes all his decisions himself," Hale added. "And the final edit of the film is what he determines it will be."

Stay tuned. Thanks to PEZman4 for the heads up!

So we cant breath easy yet :(

SlowbieOne
01-11-2002, 09:28 AM
I saw that too digl.:(

If you ask me, Lucas is trying to tick off the fans or something. This movie is looking to be an old school Star Wars movie, and now this debacle.
You would think he would LEARN from his mistakes....ahem...JAR JAR!

I have a feeling he will make the decision to keep them in the movie, because in his own weird way, he thinks it'll be funny or something?

Actually I'm not gonna really care even if they are in it because it's only for a second, but it'll damage the movies overall effect nonetheless.

Who knows? It might be turn out to be cool to see those NSyncers get blown away.:D

NeJJa
01-13-2002, 12:37 AM
What i really want is to see a big finale scene, with Emperor Palpatine's 5 ASSASIN BODYGUARDS BATTLING WITH LUKE AND OBI-WAN!!
i can see the n*sync in dark jedi gear, stepping out of the dark shadows, lightsabres ready. then they break out into a synchronized dance routing, complete with choreographed flips and saber hits!!!

Ushgarak
01-13-2002, 10:51 AM
"The Clone Wars" would have been a terible title. Not only would it have been too obvious, it would have made the film

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars", an ugly repetition of 'Wars'

Attack of the Clones may not suit some of your tastes, but it is exactly suited to thbe feel of the films and the Flash Gordon-like inspiration of the while francise, so I refuse to criticise GL for it.

It is, of course, very true that there is absolutely no possibility whtsoever of public opninon influencing GL in any way here- whether with titles or cameo roles.

And the idea that it is just down to his daughters has no foundation. From what we can gather they simply phoned Rick McCallum and asked for a role, and he thought it was an amusing idea for a cameo.

In any case, if they ARE in, I very much doubt if any of you would have noticed if you had not been told, their appearance would be so brief. So there is no ned to panic.

BTW, that rumour about them doing the music is TOTALLY wrong. John Williams is recording the new soundtrack during these three weeks right now.

Lord_FinnSon
01-13-2002, 11:06 AM
I don't really care, if George wants to keep NSync in his movie(there is only going to be three of them out of five); TPM also had many cameos which people wouldn't have even noticed, if someone didn't point them out. I myself don't even remember what these guys look like and see them as only one of those boy bands which no one remembers after five-ten years(sorry NSync fans, if you are reading this). Besides, those who REALLY don't like these guys, can have some kind of wierd pleasure, while watching them die. Don't take it TOO seriously.

Ushgarak
01-13-2002, 12:36 PM
That's good. This issue really is getting too much attention all over the place. I've seen people trying to get a petition together to boycott the movie because of this issue (often supported by totally unsupported nonsense that all too often gets reported as fact). It has gotten totally out of proportion.

Sounds Risky
01-13-2002, 06:29 PM
I remember seeing a petition trying to get Peter Jackson to direct Epsiode III. I laughed my ass off.

Lord_FinnSon
01-13-2002, 10:12 PM
As I said, let's not take this topic too seriously, so you might wanna check out this clip (http://download.theforce.net/video/SNL-ep2-nsync.rm) from Saturday Night Live. Actually, it's funny that whenever someone makes parodies of Star Wars(like SpaceBalls), it just makes me bigger fan, because after that I see it from much wider point of view. :D

StarScrap
01-13-2002, 11:39 PM
I'm half expecting this whole thing to be a big joke from Lucas. The only thing missing is the April 1 release date:D. We're all gonna go sit down in the theaters and the opening theme is gonna play and it's gonna say

Star Wars:Episode II
The Overhype....

Then the music's gonna grind to a halt, some random blooper studio shots, then it's gonna start for real:D.

Or maybe not. Lucas never was the comedy type.

Oh, the thing that really bothers me about EpII isn't the tytle or 'nsync, it's the fact that the trailer was HALF LOVE STORY. Now I realize that there has always been a love story in the background, and I'm okay with that. But if the movie is in proportion to the trailer? That's an blunder worth a thousand Jar-Jars.

JR2000Z
01-14-2002, 04:03 PM
Yeah. That what I thought a couple days ago.

I imagine it would be like

STAR WARS
Episode2
Anakin Gets married

See Anakin.
See Anakin get married
See Anakin get married to the Queen
Anakin is happy.
Yay for Anakin...

*Scene shows Anakin get married to the Queen*

The End

Director
George Lucas

Script
Geoge Lucas

Where Your Money is Going
George Lucas and Bill Gates

A LucasFilm Production

ed_silvergun
01-14-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Obi Kwan
Wow; that was a scary 8 days.

I guess you could call it Eight DAys that Shook the World... ;)

Sounds Risky
01-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by StarScrap
the fact that the trailer was HALF LOVE STORY. Now I realize that there has always been a love story in the background, and I'm okay with that. But if the movie is in proportion to the trailer? That's an blunder worth a thousand Jar-Jars.

Uh, why? This episode is the love story of the films. Nothing wrong with romance and all that crap.

StarScrap
01-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Gehenna

Nothing wrong with romance and all that crap.

Your choice of words reveals your true opinion, oh ye of little strength.:vadar: :D

But seriously, I'm normally a big "to each their own" type person, but this is Star Wars we're talking about. I can deal with a love story in the background i.e. where it is in all the other episodes. But I want the action in the front. Reasonably. I want plot up there too, right with action. Maybe a little bit in front of. I'll shut up now. :rolleyes:

Emon1
01-17-2002, 06:07 PM
1. Too bad N'SYNC CAN'T be in EP2, that is total BS. They are already done filming, fools.

2. Attack of the Clones isn't that bad of a name. Since when was Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi any better? And at least it's better than calling it Star Wars: Episode 2, just like how other movies just tack a 2 onto thheend.

ed_silvergun
01-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Er... it is going to be called Star Wars: Episode II. Attack of the Clones is just the subtitle.

I still reckon they should've called it When Ani met Palpie... ;)

Ushgarak
01-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Filming is NOT complete on AOTC. I have no idea where you got that from. They are doing more studio reshoots even as I type.

In any case, the NSYNC scenes have already been shot.

I'm afraid you are the fool, for wading in with such a totally uninformed opinion.

If you need any more confirmation, why not check out the several interviews with LUCASFILM staff who are talking about NSYNC? Or the official website, where they happily post news stories about the re-shoots in progress?

And meanwhile, the official title for each of the films IS Star Wars: "X". None of them is offically known by number.

Anyway, GL has long talked about AOTC being the most romantic of the films. I'm pretty sure it will work out ok, anyway, SW always has its slow and fast bits. In AOTC, the slow bits are romantic. That's the only difference.

toms
01-20-2002, 01:48 PM
at least GL's daughter is gonna like it... sort of liek Dawson's creek with lightsabers. :D

everyone i went with thought the Romance trailer made the film look REALLY DULL. I guess that is the flaw in this tactic of releasing themed trailers.... if people only catch one of them then it can give a totally distorted idea of what the film is about.

the problem i had with the NSYNC cameo wasn;t really the fact that they are dire, i wouldn't even recognise them, but that is the sort of thing that DATES a film REALLY QUICKLY. In 2 years time who is gonna remember N'SYNC???

Putting current pop culture references into a film (especially a sci-fi future film) is a really easy way to make that film date quickly. Just watch 80s films with pop hairdos, outfits and bands.

Apart from the haircuts, the original trilogy has aged pretty well, but if it had had cameos from the begees and people saying "ffar out man!" it would look really silly now. episode 1 already had enough contemporary american slang in it to make it age badly...

Lady Jedi
01-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Yeah, Lord FiNNson. I saw that SNL skit. I may be a former *N SYNC fan, but I still laughed my *ss off! :rofl: And even if they aren't cut from EP2 it's not gonna be that bad as long as they dont have dialogue. It give me the creeps just thinkin' about it. :freakout:

StormHammer
01-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by toms
Putting current pop culture references into a film (especially a sci-fi future film) is a really easy way to make that film date quickly. Just watch 80s films with pop hairdos, outfits and bands.

While I agree, there are some instances where it works quite well...most notably those films that incorporate time travel, such as The Terminator, Time After Time (I liked the bit in that film where Malcolm McDowell actually goes to see Star Wars), etc. Having said that, Blade Runner managed to mix the futuristic with film noir and the 80's glitz, and it has also aged very well. :)

Anyway, I can't criticise GL for one thing...as a kid I sat through re-runs of every single episode of Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe, and loved every minute of it. :) Even so...I think he could have devised a slightly better title.

Lord_FinnSon
01-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Yeah, Lord FiNNson. I saw that SNL skit. I may be an *N SYNC fan, but I still laughed my *ss off!
Yeah, that Lucas imitation was especially good and like I said, every time someone makes these parodies, I'm even bigger fan after that. If you can't laugh to these little silly things, then you truly are a fanatic. Still, I have nothing againts Jar Jar... I'm kinda used to him already, so AOTC will only deepen his character and make him much more important to the storyline, because he is a senator this time around; if I remember correctly, many "fans" didn't originally like C-3PO in ANH, but after he was blasted to pieces in ESB, he has been part of the family(no pun intended). ;)

toms
01-21-2002, 11:34 AM
who in their right mind would make Jar Jar a senator? that is the sort of thing that would probably lead to misunderstandings and full scale galactic war within days.... the name's Bush, DubbaJay Bush. ;)