PDA

View Full Version : I, jedi.

Niun
11-27-2001, 10:41 PM
Who out there is going to make an attempt to master the force, hoping against hope that they have what it takes to earn the title jedi? Will you follow the path of good, or is the dark side too enticing for you to pass up?

I definitely will give it a try and see where it leads. Strange, every time I say the word 'try' I hear this raspy little voice in the back of my mind...

Graeme
11-29-2001, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I don't think I'm even that interested in being a jedi...most people seem to be.

Niun
11-29-2001, 10:46 AM
On 2001-11-29 06:19, Graeme wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I'm even that interested in being a jedi...most people seem to be.

What type of profession are you considering?

Graeme
11-29-2001, 03:25 PM
Good question, probably just a Jack-of-all-trades, or something in a PA.

Tracer
11-30-2001, 12:16 AM
I don't want to be a jedi.
A cool smuggler-type guy, on the other hand...

Niun
11-30-2001, 11:53 AM
I definitely think the smuggler profession would be fun. Everybody needs a smuggler now and then.

Graeme
11-30-2001, 12:47 PM
Actually, something geeky like a communications officer would be cool, if that's available.

Niun
11-30-2001, 05:04 PM
Actually, this is another departure that SWG is making from the typical games out there; you will not be choosing a profession at character generation. This means your character is not limited in what they can learn by profession. Of course, you will be limited in the number of skill points you will have, so you have to choose wisely the skills that you would most like to advance.

Jodo Kast
12-06-2001, 03:42 PM
That sounds cool! I wanna be a Bounty Hunter though. /forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif A smuggler would be my second choice.

P.S. What is the limit to the amount of characters you can have?

MikeC
12-06-2001, 04:04 PM
They haven't announced how many you will be limited to yet. All signs point to having more than one allowed.

Darth Evad
12-06-2001, 04:48 PM
I read somewhere that only a few people will have force powers enabling them to become Jedi if they choose to.
I'll try to find the link.

Darth Evad
12-06-2001, 04:51 PM
I was wrong. Anyone can become a Jedi.

MikeC
12-06-2001, 06:02 PM
Anyone "can" become force sensitive or a Jedi. However, very few people will actually do it.

Niun
12-07-2001, 12:35 PM
That's right Mike. They are going to give everyone the chance to do it. An example they gave to try and explain it better... everyone has the possiblity of being president. Of course, we all know only a very few ever achieve that goal.

It's going to be a gruelling and rigorous path, but attaining the Jedi status is only the peak. Half of the fun is the adventure in trying to get there.

Even if I never become a jedi, I am sure the journey will be worth the attempt.

MadQuack
12-09-2001, 06:59 PM
Jedi would be my second choice. Bounty Hunter would be my first /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Archimedes
12-10-2001, 12:30 AM
Totally off topic, but I, Jedi was a good book, eh.

Niun
12-10-2001, 09:16 AM
Yes, I have to agree. They've had some good writers for the Star Wars series.

Sithguy
12-10-2001, 05:57 PM
I am going to be a Dark Jedi Master, you can mark my words there. I will also be a bounty hunter. Gonna be a tough journey, but i feel worth it.

Will

Charlie
12-11-2001, 08:25 AM
hmmm... I am not sure whether I will just follow the jedi path for a while pick up some of the powers and move on to something else and have my powers aid me in that other field.... But I think that becoming something like a pilot or maybe a full jedi who knows.... This is a new world of possibilities... literally so who knows what the time will bring

Jamie
12-11-2001, 06:15 PM
well, I plan on playing this game a whole shisteload when it comes out.. i want to attempt to establish myself early and be a higher level folk.. Which means that I want to use the same character for a long time. If i had to guess, jedi chars are going to be the best all around class if you can make it early on.. So i'll take the difficulty at first for the glory later on /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Niun
12-12-2001, 10:48 AM
i want to attempt to establish myself early and be a higher level folk..

One of the most interesting points about the game is the fact that there is no leveling. Even less experience characters that may not have a great degree of skils can be helpful to those characters who are more advanced because skills will be limited. This is one thing that is going to make SWG really stand apart from the other MMORPG's.

I suggest finding a good player association as well. This will definitely help in your quest!

MikeC
12-12-2001, 11:47 AM
Correction to what he said. Skills will be included in the game. Leveling will not.

derekdrygon
05-22-2002, 06:22 PM
My primary character, I am going to start as some form of mercinary who is good with blasters. Even though I will be a merc, ill be one with honor, one who only takes jobs he deems moral. Jobs like Escourting a merchant to his destination, or protecting a small medical outpost from an attack from the hut empire. Later on down my path, I will probably become force sensitive and become a light side jedi. Perhaps later on down the road ill roleplay a fall from the light side into the dark side, but it has to be something extreme. None of this "light is boring, im going to become a dark jedi" I will definatly roleplay the fall if I do decide on that path.

Before anyone says "you wont become a jedi, only 1 out of 1000000000 people will be a jedi" I say to you "I play the high level EQ game, I will do what it takes no matter what it requires, just the same as what EQ requires for high level raids"

My 2nd character will probably be some form of bounty hunter/smuggler. He will be quite the opposite of the character above only he will never be force sensitive. He will always think the force is just some trick accomplished by some form of advanced technology. His primary consern will be himself, and how much money his next job will pay him.

Im sure both characters will have a slew of other characters to support them. Droid Mechanics, Ship Mechanics, Arms Dealers etc. I plan to buy 2 different accounts much as I have in EQ, so I can "2 box" my characters. I find that playing one character, at least in everquest, isnt sufficiantly challanging. Not enough "button pushing" in EQ IMO. As a tank, you just turn on attack, and push your "special attack" buttons every now and then. Now playing both a tank and a cleric definatly makes things more interesting, and I rarely have problems staying awake and interested in raids when I do play both. Before I would find myself frequently nodding off at the keyboard waiting for action.

Anyway, my 2 cp has turned into a mini novel :) I just hope SWG lives up to all the hype its recieving :D I hope its an EQ killer for me!

Hitmann_D
aka.
Sir Derek Drygon

Gaalgoth
05-22-2002, 09:28 PM
Before anyone says "you wont become a jedi, only 1 out of 1000000000 people will be a jedi" I say to you "I play the high level EQ game, I will do what it takes no matter what it requires, just the same as what EQ requires for high level raids"

No no no no no no no no NO! You people just don't get it, do you? First off this isn't EQ. It doesn't matter how much or how hard you play, that won't help you be a jedi! It's the proper skill choice and very very rare. This isn't EQ, becoming a Jedi is not the same thing as being high level. Sorry guy, but it's not. You can't choose to become force sensitive, and setting your heart on the possibility will only end in heart break.

MikeC
05-22-2002, 11:52 PM
I think Gaalgoth hit the nail on the head. This ain't EQ.

Gaalgoth
05-23-2002, 12:51 AM
One more thing, I'm not sure if there's a merc position but as a bounty hunter you don't get to choose your bounties. You go to the BH guild and they give you a set of three or so that you can choose from, but they are incredibly random. Also, to become a bounty hunter is a lot of work. You can't start out as one, but you said a merc so that won't apply. So far though there isn't a merc position as far as I know.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 08:31 AM
I have to be a Jedi... I hate blasters. Isn't that enough? Lightsabers are my only weapon :)

If I can't be a jedi, then I'm not playing the game.

And I will play the game.

Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Than i say.... prepare on not playing the game kid..:rolleyes:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56315

read this and ill see you firts thing in the morning :D

MikeC
05-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JediGhost[SITH]
I have to be a Jedi... I hate blasters. Isn't that enough? Lightsabers are my only weapon

If I can't be a jedi, then I'm not playing the game.

Prepare to be horribly disapointed my friend. If you really want to be a Jedi, go buy Jedi Outcast.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Yeah you think I'm just another wanna-be... Hmm, well atleast stop trying to discourage me just because you don't have the time and devotion to become a Jedi :)

You don't seem to understand..

I will be a Jedi. Also, I do know the path to becoming a Jedi is hard, harder than I probably think, and I am prepared for it.

Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 07:07 PM
ok ok... so you are willing to become a Jedi..

the tell me this. HOW do you KNOW you are gonna BE force sensitive?? hah? how do you know that the system will pick you out of over 3000 members to become force sensitive??

if you can answer me that.... ill give you the best of luck in your live :)

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Maybe because everyone has the chance to become a Jedi? I believe thats a quote from the FAQ..

It's not just playing and getting lucky to be the "Chosen One".

MikeC
05-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Ya, everyone has a chance. Unfortunately for you they have also said that just trying really hard isn't going to get you Force Sensative or Jedi. If that were it, before long there would be way too many Jedi in the game.

We aren't trying to discourage you. We're just preparing you for the reality of the situation.

Gaalgoth
05-23-2002, 10:58 PM
Yeah, it's not like everyone will get a pop-up message saying "You are force sensitive. Would you like to be a jedi?" Only if you get lucky will you become FS. Only then will your perseverance be worth a damn.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Well the "reality" is that there will be Jedi.. Right? Of course. I can't remember the exact percentage but I DO remember 150 out of 3000.

Is it not possible I be one of those 150? Whether or not I get lucky.

And I am prepared for the reality of the matter. I figured it would be very hard to become a Jedi... And I am prepared for it.

If having devotion to becoming a Jedi doesn't help the situation, then it would just be luck becoming a Jedi..

I'm sure there is no luck involved with it, just a lot of time and effort put into it... And I can give that time.

If there IS some luck involved, well there's nothing I can do about that except try harder.

gavor
05-24-2002, 12:03 AM
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Trying hard wont make you a Jedi, you just become FS or you don't. I can sit here all day and act like the messiah but that doesnt make me a spiritual icon. I admire you're devotion though, maybe you WILL become a jedi, but be prepared for disappointment. It's a galaxy full of normal people with a thimble full of jedi. When was the last time you won the lottery?

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 12:25 AM
How do you become force sensitive? Is it luck? I don't see why it should be, afterall they DID say everyone has the chance to become a Jedi... How can everyone have the chance to become a Jedi if only few happen to become force sensitive?

Gaalgoth
05-24-2002, 12:30 AM
Well, everyone has the chance to become a jedi IF they choose the right set of skills for that character. It's diffeerent for every one. So technically every character has an equal chance, but it will take a lot of luck to get the right combination to become force sensitive. If everyone got the ch just through perseverance, tehre would be way too many jedi. The devs want very few, and thus this "luck" type system was born.

gavor
05-24-2002, 01:32 AM
To be fair, you're just guessing that Gaal. It might be a combination of chance, what missions you do, what skills you have and any number of other things.

Or it might be a monitored thing where the devs have certain things that could flag you as a prospect to become FS. Then they watch those players to find if they are appropriate choices.

Who knows though. What we believe quite unanimously is no amount of perseverence will make you FS. You won't become FS just by becoming a power player and staying online 24/7. You may become FS by sitting around in your bakery making bread.

There aren't many Jedi around in the SWG timeframe, so although we all have an equal CHANCE it doesnt mean you'll eventually become a jedi. I see it as a lottery, its a chance, but that doesnt mean you'll become FS just because you tried and tried. Don't set yourself up for the dissapointment. Think of other things you'd like to be, think of all the other skills and professions to explore. All the planets to see, people to meet etc.

Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 06:34 AM
all we are saying is... you are SO VERY SURE..... how do you know it?? i wonder if you have cheats or something or played the game ..... you dont know that you WILLL become one.... just admid to the chance is bigger you WONT be a jedi then that you WILL be a jedi.... just be prepared that you WONT be one.. so you dont get dissapointed.... we just want the best for you man :D we wouldnt want quiters in the first weeks already would we?

and if you DO become a jedi.. look me up, proof me wrong, and ill buy you a beer ok?

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 09:05 AM
Well, I definately wont be a Jedi if they remove the Jedis from the game before it comes out, right?

And if I don't become a Jedi... Well I'll just wander around until I find something to do.. (None of the jobs interest me) I was thinking Bounty Hunter, but there's already too many...

Bounty Hunters will be paying Bounty Hunters to hunt other Bounty Hunters.

Silver Quasar
05-24-2002, 11:26 AM
Wait a minute... if someone were to become a Jedi becuase of the combination of things they got good at and the missions they did, couldn't they just tell other people? Then the info would become widespread and 5/10 people would be Jedi!

setsuko
05-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Silver Quasar
Wait a minute... if someone were to become a Jedi becuase of the combination of things they got good at and the missions they did, couldn't they just tell other people? Then the info would become widespread and 5/10 people would be Jedi!

Yes, it would. Unless it changed for everyone. Which propably is the case. Have you read this thread at all? :D

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Nonetheless, if I don't become a Jedi, I will do something else...

Is this an actual RPG (go around killing stuff for EXP) or is this a "live a life" RPG (Like the sims)?

Or a combination of both, depending on what you choose to do?

setsuko
05-24-2002, 02:58 PM
It is a RPG. You will not advance as you might be used to, that means that you won't gain more health and such, but your character will improve. You will be able to put points into skills, and advance on skill trees, and go further down the skilltree when you are good enough. However, you will be able to "unlearn" skills, and put the freed skillpoints into new skills if you realize that you want to have a slight change of career. Thats about all I know of the subject. Damn those closemouthed devs! :)

derekdrygon
05-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Granted, this game isnt everquest, but its made by the same company as everquest. I have a feeling that alot of the game elements will be similar to everquest.

I dont think any of you, unless your an actual designer of the game, know exactly what "force sencitivity" requires. Have the designers of the game actually used the words "force sencitive" anywhere in their posts and faq? If not, thats probably just a term your pulling from the starwars pen and paper RPG and assuming its actually part of the game.

If its anything other then pure chance that determines your character becoming a jedi, then I will become one. If luck and chance is the determining factor "account number <insert luckey number here> will have one force sencitive character" then I wont play the game, and I have a feeling alot of people wont. People want to be able to become a jedi through their actions, not through being a luckey SOB who gets their account number picked out of a hat.

It has been stated that "everyone will have the chance". Granted, its going to be long and difficult. Hell, thats all the fun of becoming something that not everyone can. Theres no "wana-be jedi" here, If its a matter of dumb luck and not defined by actions, ill go play another game. If my actions within the game are the determining factor, then I assure you I will become a jedi.

Hitmann_D
aka.
Sir Derek Drygon

setsuko
05-24-2002, 03:34 PM
"oh no, if I ain't playing a jedi, then noone will! I won't play if I'm not a jedi! Wah wah wah!"

Thats how you sound. No offence, but I doubt you'll be a jedi with that attitude.

And no, I don't really think that there'll be some "random account number lottery" of Force Sensibility. Something more refined than that is to be expected.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Derek, I said the same thing...

And I don't think you should quit playing the game if your not a Jedi. :)

Yeah I do agree that there is no such thing as "force sensitive" or if there is, we are interpreting it incorrectly.

Force sensitive means you know, and use the force. Becoming force sensitive is something YOU DO, not what the game chooses.

And no one can say I am wrong without a link specificly pointing to a FAQ about the force sensitive.

Talain
05-24-2002, 06:50 PM
As near as I can see, the devs don't want 150 of 3000 to be Jedi. They want 15 out of 3000. From what I've read on the boards, to become force sensitive, you need to be a power gamer who tries every combination of skills or really lucky. [b]Then[b] to become a Jedi, you need to be dedicated. So people who are unlucky, dedicated RPers, we're stuck with something else.

setsuko
05-24-2002, 07:03 PM
"Jedi will be extremely, extremely rare, and each path to obtaining Jedi enlightenment will be different for every player"

The words on the subject by Ralph Koster, creative director of SWG. Oh, and he also says that jedi will be powerful, but hunted by Darth. So that is pretty official :D

JediGhost[SITH]
05-24-2002, 07:29 PM
Setsuko, we already knew that... That proves nothing. And yes, they will be "really, really" rare.

guleed
05-26-2002, 11:35 AM
I will become a master at engineering, combat, and bounty hunting while everyone is doing suck jobs trying to become a jedi. Bantha puddu.

gavor
05-27-2002, 03:27 AM
I'll have explored the whole galaxy, met all kindsa interesting people (maybe even some jedi) and had the time of my life while all the wanna-be jedi are sitting around scratching their butt and complaining they havent been made jedi even though they've been online 24 hours a day for 3 months. Wheres the fun in sloggin sloggin sloggin trying to find some mystical combination that lets you be a jedi? I guess thats why i sold EQ a week after i got it. It was no fun, just fight fight fight, go to town, repeat. The only thing that mattered was being level 55 dark mage dragon slayer or Ernoth. I've had more fulfulling games of pong.

The best thing the devs could do would be remove jedi as a player option and play the jedi themselves.

Kwok69
05-27-2002, 05:16 PM
After reading all these jedi threads and taking on board what most of you have to say, I am in agreement with Gavor on the subject. (Doesn't mean were pickin' out curtains Gav:rolleyes: )
Realistically, the time frame of this game dictates that Jedi are very few and far between, living in holes in the ground trying to get as far away from bounty hunters and Vader as best they can. So, I don't really want that type of gaming experience.

Imagine playing your character for ages (and I mean ages) and building up a really powerful jedi only to have some SOB bounty hunter that you never met before suddenly appear and fry your ass in the street after a tip off.......erm, no thanks. (That would upset me alot:o)

No, I'd much rather do something safer and more enjoyable. Travel around, meet people build some good relationships etc, etc. The TRUE fan will be happy just to.......be. (We are actually going to be in it dudes :cool: )

Bring it on - I would be Jabbas Crack Ho if that was all I could play so please, stop whining and embrace it.

Kwok

gavor
05-28-2002, 01:43 AM
Of course we're not buying curtains! <tries to hide curtain samples behind back>

The last bit was nicely said. It get down to the truth of matter where real SW fans are concerned. We just want to play SWG, be in an honest to god SW MMORPG, mingle and RP with other SW fans(read freaks :)).

It wasn't so long ago I played a SW MUSH and loved it, regardless of the text interface. I still remember when someone left their ship unlocked and I stole it. Hehehe.

Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 08:03 AM
yeah... i mean havent all of you ever dreamed of being in the star wars universe? i have... to fly a space ship... to drive a speeder.. to meet aliens..... i have dreamed this for over 10 years.....

dont get me wrong aboput Jedi... i love the Jedi.. i think it is SO cool to have a lightsaber. but it is very unlikely i will be one...

ok... the FACTS i heard about jedi were:
everybody has a CHANCE to become a Jedi. and if you want to be a jedi.. you need to explore certain skills before coming one.... and no one knows wich skills... i think there is the key... that is one of the trouble of finding out to become a jedi... to find the right set of skills to go on... but who is gonna say how long it is gonna take....1 day? 1 week? a month? a year? 2 years?
And they said Jedi are gonna be rare..... so take your own conclusions out of it :)

Please go ahead and try to become a jedi.. i will give you 4 crates of beer (in game:D) if you become one... :D i promiss... but dont come crying to us if you DONT become one ok? we warned yah ass :D

Silver Quasar
05-29-2002, 11:09 PM
How do we Jedi know you won't report us instead of giving us those crates of beer??? :D

Hmm... wouldn't places to live like Naboo experiece something like this Jedi thing where everyone wants to live there? I personally like tatooine fine, but I dunno about others...

gavor
05-30-2002, 12:21 AM
Jedi all go to Naboo to cavort and show off their lightsabres, BH and imperial troops swoop on them and they're all killed. Mass complaining(why can't my jedi just strut around buying stuff like everyone else, this game is broken), people quit the game because it doesnt work how they want it to. The world is a better place.

das ende

:max:

Gaalgoth
05-30-2002, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I'll bet my firespray and my speeder that as soon as a jedi gets iced by a BH he's gonna start bitching about how he has the force and shouldn't be able to die. God that's going to be great.

JediGhost[SITH]
05-30-2002, 12:44 AM
Umm can we please keep in mind this is JUST A GAME... If people wanna sit around and "slog" to become Jedis, let them ;).. If they are that stupid.

They paid their money, and their (estimate) $10 a month to "slog".

Let's try not to diss these sloggers. Let the sloggers slog, I say! Slog away gentlemen, slog away!

Oh and if they jedis are as rare as they say (Probably will be...) The ones that DO become Jedis won't be stupid enough to strut their stuff.

Only a jedi-wannabe would do that, and, as you have said, the Jedi wannabes won't become Jedis. Or probably won't, anyway.

Only people with brains become Jedis :)

Thats why I will be a doctor in SWG! :)

Lord Helmet
06-02-2002, 12:58 PM
now, thats not true...somone with no brain could get lucky and still become a jedi...and personally if i were one..hell i'd strut my ****...but right beforce that i'll be at a cloning facility lol....with my lightsaber put somewhere safe of course..

JediGhost[SITH]
06-02-2002, 01:46 PM
with my lightsaber put somewhere safe of course..

How will you defend yourself against the mob of bounty hunters and imperial troops!!?

First fight 'em!

Lord Helmet
06-02-2002, 05:20 PM
2 words...besides all of these ....MIND TRICK...muhahah

Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by greg g
2 words...besides all of these ....MIND TRICK...muhahah hahhahahahahha yeah right... in your dreams buddy.. in ep2 a jedi got killed with one blaster of Jango Fett :D... im gonna kick yo ass :D

JediGhost[SITH]
06-03-2002, 12:41 PM
*SPOILER SPOILER DONT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN EPII WARNING WARNING*

YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENTER A SPOILER AREA: TURN BACK NOW

Actually it was more like 3 or 4 blaster shots. If your referring to the guy that climbed up onto the balcony and was about to slice up Dooku (pretty sure it was Dooku).. He was reaching back, prepearing to slice, and Jango shoots him, he falls, then Jango puts his gun away "Maverick" style.

Jan Gaarni
06-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Uuuh, JediGhost?

Wraith said Blaster, not how many blaster bolts was fired. :D

JediGhost[SITH]
06-03-2002, 01:57 PM
Ahhhhhh! I knew that!

Anyway that Jedi he killed was one worthless Jedi....

Watoolfa
06-04-2002, 01:42 AM
There is way too much of the word LUCK in these post and I believe that luck has nothing to do with it, like the FAQ said everyone will at some point will become FS its just from there the whole training to become a Jedi,learning to use you force powers, the building of your saber, learning how to properly use the saber, and the Trials that will be the VERY difficult thing. Then agin this is just how I understood the wat things work but I may be wrong.

gavor
06-04-2002, 10:50 PM
I really don't think so. What it says is everyone will have the chance to become FS. Everyone who enters the lottery has a chance to win the jackpot, but how many do? Has anyone here ever won it?

Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 06:18 AM
lol @ jedighost :D

and i think we have tags for spoilers.
just put the word "spoiler" between these tags [ ]. and ofcourse close them with puuting the word "spoiler" btween thse tags [/ ].
Ill use your spoiler as an example ok?

Actually it was more like 3 or 4 blaster shots. If your referring to the guy that climbed up onto the balcony and was about to slice up Dooku (pretty sure it was Dooku).. He was reaching back, prepearing to slice, and Jango shoots him, he falls, then Jango puts his gun away "Maverick" style.

:D

JediGhost[SITH]
06-05-2002, 04:13 PM
How convenient!

This is a spoiler

gonk-raider
06-05-2002, 08:43 PM
and besides if you do become a jedi.. regulardless of what side your on vader will want you dead :) so be ready to be hunted by the empire.. because unless your tje emperors hand.leave your jedi skills at the door for imperial employment or you'll recieve a vist from the death mask wearing bad ass him self vader and he wont be happy. BEing a dark jedi basicaly only leaves the criminal factions as your allies..altho thedark jedi may be the most wealthy.. it wont make you that many friends :)

MikeC
06-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Watoolfa
There is way too much of the word LUCK in these post and I believe that luck has nothing to do with it, like the FAQ said everyone will at some point will become FS its just from there the whole training to become a Jedi,learning to use you force powers, the building of your saber, learning how to properly use the saber, and the Trials that will be the VERY difficult thing. Then agin this is just how I understood the wat things work but I may be wrong.

Dude - go read the FAQ again. You have it ALL wrong. Everybody in the game is NOT going to be FS. Everyone will have a chance to become FS.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-05-2002, 09:36 PM
I can picture Vader knocking on the door of a Jedi's hut.. To be unrecognized he disguises his voice as a woman's and asks the unsuspecting Jedi if he "wants fresh towels?". When the Jedi opens the door, its none other than Vader himself standing there with a lightsaber in one hand........ and towels in the other.

Gaelin Masek
06-06-2002, 07:49 AM
LoL.

Personally I wanna start out as a smuggler, the commiment of a Jedi sounds pretty hard core. Not the type of thing I would like to do as soon as I start.

I wanna explore, have fun, be with my mates. Then, maybe, who knows.

Koenig
06-06-2002, 07:51 AM
Exactly right, everyone has a chance when they sign up. I doubt it will say "You are a Jedi" so you just have to go about and do something til you either notice Jedi type stuff or just get better at whatever your doing. Hell being a jedi isn't going to be all fun, like being chased by the Military Might of the empire and Darth Vader, not to mention several Bounty Hunter, probably even Fett.

I'm forming an Imperial Based unit the Imperial Legion with some friends.

Belisarius
06-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Well, I'm an excellent game player and I think that I'll become a Jedi.

No, I wont just ''Try really hard'' to become a Jedi...I will. I believe I have the skill, I have the time, and I have the intelligence.

I don't think that LucasArts would make a game that becoming a Jedi is SOOOOO HARD that " 1 out of 10000000000000 " can.

I'm one of them.

Koenig
06-07-2002, 06:15 AM
Well good luck to those that insist they WILL be Jedi, because you are going to need it.

I doubt Skill,Hours Put In or What profession you are will make any difference, if the ability for everyone to be Jedi if they tried hard enough existed, then we'd have a game full of em. I dare say tonnes of people will try to hack it to become Jedi, which makes me laugh til I wet my pants :)

Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Belisarius
Well, I'm an excellent game player and I think that I'll become a Jedi.

No, I wont just ''Try really hard'' to become a Jedi...I will. I believe I have the skill, I have the time, and I have the intelligence.

I don't think that LucasArts would make a game that becoming a Jedi is SOOOOO HARD that " 1 out of 10000000000000 " can.

I'm one of them. ok.. i admire your courage. now i chalenge you to a bet. go to this thread and read my last post there. and then tell me you take it or deckline it.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59636

good luck... your gonna need it :D

-Wraith 8-

wait a sec.. have i seen you before on the forums? anyway

WELCOME TO SWGALAXIES.NET i hope you will stay around some more.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-07-2002, 05:08 PM

Guess what? They just did.

I'm not 100 percent sure of the ratio but it was something like 15 out of 3000 or 150 out of 3000

Someone might want to correct me?

Anyway, the game isn't based on Jedis. Seems like everyone is looking at it from that perspective... Comparing SWG to Jedi Knight II?

Being a Jedi is no fun, your going to be broke and secretive all the time.

I find it much more rewarding to be rich and unhunted.

setsuko
06-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Yup, just look at "that old wizard, ben kenobi". Living in a hut in the middle of the desert. That's not exactly the same 'la vida loca' that I'm planning for! :)

Lord Helmet
06-07-2002, 08:40 PM
well being the jedi that i am LOL dont cross me walking down a street or i may chop off your head, and streal your wallet..THEN I"LL BE THE RICH ONE not to mention a jedi too...or not a jedi, just a guy who knows the force.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-08-2002, 04:19 AM
Yup, just look at "that old wizard, ben kenobi". Living in a hut in the middle of the desert. That's not exactly the same 'la vida loca' that I'm planning for!

Good. I'll give the nearest Imperial Outpost a phone call and they'll come on over and kill you. Maybe Vader might tag along and I could get some pictures of him holding your head! :D

well being the jedi that i am LOL dont cross me walking down a street or i may chop off your head, and streal your wallet..THEN I"LL BE THE RICH ONE not to mention a jedi too...or not a jedi, just a guy who knows the force.

#1 You wouldnt be a Jedi if you hurt the innocent
#2 A Jedi doesn't joke about that kind of thing
#3 Walking down the street? You'd be dead before you even got to the street!
#4 Whipping out your lightsaber in public isnt smart, especially on Coruscant (where I will live).
#5 If you did get away with it, my "clone" will call the cops. :)

gonk-raider
06-08-2002, 09:48 PM
Yeah really these guys are making up charater info as if they are so sure htey will be a jedi already.. far as i've gone so far is work my way toward controling a large force of the imperial army to further the cause :)

Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by gonk-raider
Yeah really these guys are making up charater info as if they are so sure htey will be a jedi already.. far as i've gone so far is work my way toward controling a large force of the imperial army to further the cause :) we know.. we have been trying to tell them that... but just look at the general discussion forum... and my sticky thread about Jedi.... look how many pressed yes..... 51.... 51 people here that want to be a jedi...
and this is a 'quiet' forum.. i wonder how many there are on the main forum:D
but Gonk.. dont try to fight themm... my other tjread in general discussion is an answer to all who wnat to be jedi.... make a bet with them :D... the ones that DO become one... ill buy a beer :D In game ofcourse.

@ jedighost.. #6 you will not be able to steal anything in game.

Darth Phansigar
06-28-2002, 08:03 AM
I don't have time to read false statements, so I will make this swift and short.

Excerpt from an interview with Haden Blackman:

The only I'll give are that everyone has the chance to be a Jedi and that everyone's chances are equal. A novice player who's a cook has the same chance at Jedi-hood as a veteran player who's become a bad-ass bounty hunter.

So you see that it has nothing to do with preparation, choice of skills, or luck. It is simply how you play the game. I hate to break your mindset, but the lot of you who have put disbelief in those who have the ambition to become Jedi are shamed, because you don't know what you're talking about.

Wraith 8
06-28-2002, 02:55 PM
[harsh reply]

oh and you do? you played the game? you knoe EXACTLY how it is gonna be?

[/harsh reply]
another interview with Haden said somethinglike this: 'we want jedi to be misterious.
the first trick is to become force sensitive, after that it is pretty straight forward.'

so... you know how to become force sensitive? cause i sure dont.. and i read up on every bit of info. along with many on thos forum.
but if you are so sure of becoming a jedi.... why dont you take my bet?

im making a bet with all people who "KNOW" they will be Jedi.

come visit me on Corellia. show me your a jedi. and ill buy you a beer. the entire Associate PA is behind this. you have one year to prove it to me. 1 year should be enough. if you did not succeed after that.. you will buy me a beer. and the associates will help you find a job to your liking.

are you on?

-Wraith 8-

setsuko
06-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Yes, Phansigar. When you turn jedi ingame, and say the same, I'll listen. But right now, I don't believe it will be that easy, since we've heard so much from the devs that the jedi will be rare and mysterious. Again, I'll change my mind the day there's a magic 'jedi button', not a day before.

Wraith 8
06-28-2002, 05:26 PM
hey.. lets set up a bar.. and name it the magic jedi button :D :D

setsuko
06-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Hahaha! Yes! Can I be the bouncer, and throw out wannabe jedi's who drink their sorrows away when they've played for two days and still haven't become jedi masters? :)

Jan Gaarni
06-28-2002, 11:22 PM
Ok, I have let this go to far already.

People, people. Future 'Jedis' and others.

The question really isn't about if you will manage to become a Jedi. It will be equal to all. You train the same way to learn how to lift stuff as the next person. There might be slight differences on what they lift. Some might prefer rocks, others are more daring and lifts people, then watches as they come down again. :D (they haven't learnt how to bring objects down yet) :D

The point is, no matter how much you try to lift that rock (or person :p ), it won't do you any good if you don't feel the force, meaning you are force-sensetive.

THAT is the real obstical.

And how the system will decided on who will become force-sensetive and who will not, noone knows.
It will be different for every person. That we DO know.

Wraith is right on about it will be difficult to become force-sensetive. And before you future Jedis starts to whine about 'chanses', that still is a chance. Winning the lotto is equal chance to everyone. All it requires is you participate.

JediGhost[SITH]
06-29-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

The question really isn't about if you will manage to become a Jedi. It will be equal to all. You train the same way to learn how to lift stuff as the next person. There might be slight differences on what they lift. Some might prefer rocks, others are more daring and lifts people, then watches as they come down again. :D (they haven't learnt how to bring objects down yet) :D

The point is, no matter how much you try to lift that rock (or person :p ), it won't do you any good if you don't feel the force, meaning you are [b]force-sensetive.

THAT is the real obstical.

Lifting people and/or rocks is the real obstical?

Jan Gaarni
06-29-2002, 06:30 AM
Wiseguy. :D

Gaalgoth
06-29-2002, 11:48 AM
People are silly.

Wraith 8
07-01-2002, 05:48 PM
im a bit disapointed no one has accepted the bet... they all seem so sure of them selfs... but they dont want to take the bet... hnmmmm... afraid are you?

Koenig
07-02-2002, 12:11 AM
wow a great idea for extortion, get a bar and create a drink called the "Secret Jedi Potion", then sell it to all the people who are desperate to be jedi and make a packet.
:)

I'll take that bet up as well, and when I loose I'll by you a droid( eventualy )If I am a jedi, I'll run naked through the streets of mos eisley

Wraith 8
07-02-2002, 02:49 PM
Serious? you'll take the bet?

COOOL! great...