PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaack.

Denise
01-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Not that anyone missed me in the first place, but hey, there's no fun in not announcing one's self. :)

Lots of new faces, plenty of old ones. I thought I'd managed to keep up with the game's progress while I was away, but clearly not... wall jumps? Eeew. :D

So anyway, there's that taken care of. So ends your completely irrelevant Denise-post of the day. Ciao. :)

<small> Hey, I had time to kill, sue me. LOL.</small>

K_Kinnison
01-13-2002, 09:45 PM
the question is... does anyone care? ;)

*looks around for XWA.net people*

Who are you?

*runs*

The Seeker
01-13-2002, 10:19 PM
Ah Denise, the lone female forum member. I can't say I missed you so much as just noticed the lack of your posting. Nevertheless, thought *hands Denise welcome back gift basket.* Bye

StarScrap
01-13-2002, 11:42 PM
Wall jumps eeew? Jeez. No sense of adventure.

Darth Simpson
01-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Welcome back Denise, glad to have you among our ranks again. ;)

Denise
01-14-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by K_Kinnison
the question is... does anyone care? ;)

Of course not; that's why the post is so capricious, light-hearted, and adorable. ;)

**ducks** :D

Oh, and StarScrap-- it's not a lack of a sense of adventure so much as a desire for more thoughtful gameplay than flippy-dippy antics, but I'm hopeful that there'll be room for both. It's just not something I'd like to use much, personally. Too much I-have-a-big-stick-I'm-trying-to-hit-you-with and too little thrust-parry-clash-bang-dialogue-thrust-riposte. :)

Vagabond
01-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Heh heh...heh heh...you said "riposte" :cool:

SlowbieOne
01-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Welcome back Denise, haven't seen you since that very informative (sarcasm attached) Jedi Knight 2 chat.:)

I was just wondering, if you are disappointed, what exactly were you hoping for?

Agen
01-14-2002, 12:12 PM
*muffled voice from next door*
"what do ya mean shes back!!!!!! God dammit! that's it2 *puts some poison in welcome back gif basket-- comes through door*
Hello Denise welcome back. Here's a welcome back giftbasket "hehe"

JR2000Z
01-14-2002, 03:37 PM
There's got to be something that makes people come back.

Are any of you selling drugs? ;)

K_Kinnison
01-14-2002, 05:12 PM
*Gets out Light staff*

A-HA HO, HA HO HA HE HO, Dodge turn parry spin thrust- *WHAP*

ed_silvergun
01-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Denise
Not that anyone missed me in the first place, but hey, there's no fun in not announcing one's self. :)

Actually (and this is no lie) I thought just yesterday, "I haven't seen Denise round here since that *cough* interesting discussion about the physics of slicing through a rail detonator with one's lightsaber", which eventually degenerated into the biggest Force Long-post fest we've yet had at these forums.

Don't some of you guys from back in the day (OWK.net and JK.net times) think to yourselves... "gawd... I wonder what happened to him"? I certainly do. Then I get all nostalgic thinking about all the ludicrous discussions we used to have on OWK.net and all the times we wound up "Joystick Boy" about his unusual playing habits. :) (Sorry, mate!)

It brings a tear to my eye, it really does... :( [/end self absorbed rant]

Anyway, welcome back Denise.

StormHammer
01-14-2002, 07:21 PM
Welcome back, Denise. :)

it's not a lack of a sense of adventure so much as a desire for more thoughtful gameplay than flippy-dippy antics, but I'm hopeful that there'll be room for both.

I can't disagree with you there. Although I'm looking forward to the rolls, flips and wall jumps...I'm also looking for lots of depth, tactics, strategy, exploration and interactivity. I hope these remain as much a focus of the SP game as the combat. ;)

Denise
01-14-2002, 07:29 PM
**gives Terminator's gift basket an arch look and then feeds it to his dog** ;)

<small>Wait a minute, Terminators wouldn't want dogs in the first place. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.</small> :P

As for your question, Slowbie, I got exactly what I expected out of that chat (doubletalk and vague evasions). I knew they were going to do it --all developers do. It was actually the forum changes around here that inspired my little vacation, and then I just plain lost interest for a while. That oversight has been corrected, though, so here I am.

Though I still dislike the idea of the One Forum To Control Them All™, and "sticky" posts still irk me... but I'll survive. :)

StarScrap
01-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Denise

Oh, and StarScrap-- it's not a lack of a sense of adventure so much as a desire for more thoughtful gameplay than flippy-dippy antics, but I'm hopeful that there'll be room for both.

Ah yes, I must agree with you there. Female logic is almost always sensible, if a bit foreign at times.:D It will be great to have a different voice in the forums. Do post the heck out of the rest of us, if you will.

Millions o' Monkeys
01-14-2002, 11:52 PM
welcome back denise...good to have a female around

Agen
01-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Nooooooooooo! erney!!!!!! ur dead *boohoowwawawa!!!"

good to have a female around
Yah, The Lady_Jedi came but she took the giftbasket and bolted :bdroid2:

StarScrap
01-16-2002, 12:03 AM
Yah, The Lady_Jedi came but she took the giftbasket and bolted

Geez, that Female Mind Trick can wreak havok, be they Jedi or not.

Wilhuf
01-16-2002, 11:26 AM
Welcome Back Denise!

*Blocks riposte with simple parry carte*

So much for flippy dippy antics...Don't tell me you've let the sabering skills languish?

:ewok:

ed_silvergun
01-16-2002, 06:27 PM
What can I say, she's become an outcast... arf, arf, arf... ;)

Er... yes... *bows head in shame and slinks off when he realises everyone's looking at him in a strange way*

Poopypants
01-18-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm with ya, Silvergun. If I knew what was best for me, I'd slink away in shame before I even spoke, considering I get the look from everyone anyway.

But Denise! Yes! Welcome back! Good to see you... again! Yes! And, uh... how are... the wife and kids? Yes!

*looks around to see if anyone is noticing newbie trying to look like a veteran*

*everyone is*

So, uh, yeah. It's... good to have you back. Who wants coffee?

*backs out smiling*

StarScrap
01-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Geez, Ed, now WHAT did I tell you about talking?

Lady Jedi
01-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Just took the gift basket and bolted huh? Well I'm back with my annoyingly large sig. ;) Welcome back Denise. *hands Denise welcome back gift basket*