PDA

View Full Version : Recording of your voice?

Feral
01-17-2002, 05:24 PM
I was jsut thinking...we've all seen each other, bu not heard each other. So, record your voice and upload it! Mine will be up once I can upload it.

Guybrush122
01-17-2002, 05:35 PM
...........good idea..............

*coughspamcough*

Fender
01-17-2002, 05:44 PM
I think IU have a minute long wav file of gb122 singing somewhere.........

Guybrush122
01-17-2002, 08:29 PM
if you play it i swear ill tell them about the tutu

Natty
01-17-2002, 08:33 PM
I'll do it later- I'll have to ask my brother where the mic for the computer is coz I can't find it

Deadmeat_X
01-18-2002, 08:31 AM
My voice sounds terrible when recorded.

NiKo
01-18-2002, 08:50 AM
i dont have a mic.
but maybe if i can find some Gatorbait songs i can upload....

Feral
01-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Ok, you can hear me with the specially recorded sample at http://feral.topcities.com/Me!.wav

If you need me to host your file, PM me and I'll give you my Topcities password, but only if you're a regular I trust.

Guybrush122
01-18-2002, 09:32 PM
.......i sound so crap with my recorded voice..........

NiKo
01-19-2002, 08:14 AM
lol, that "frenchy come back!!" voice was funny :p

hey feral, i'm suposed to have a wav file of you bein all gay and stuff remember? :D
for Legend of Lechuck, when you sent me the 'Pinkbeard' voice. ;)

Feral
01-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Ah, yes...Pinkbeard.

Guybrush122
01-24-2002, 07:46 PM
hmmm, speaking of pink.......ive just made a rather funny recording of meself....ill upload it soon :)

Natty
01-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Is it my imagination or do all English guys sound the same? :p

I found the mic but it isn't working :( I'm devestated

Feral
01-25-2002, 12:29 PM
That's OK, all Aussie girls sound the same too. ;)

Joshi
01-25-2002, 01:34 PM
i don't know what the prob is, but for some strange reason, my copmputer will not record sound, i've tried many mic's but none will work so it's not them. it's so annoying because i like to recorde my own voice and pu them into my games like 'Worms 2'

oh well!

Haxaty
01-28-2002, 03:25 PM
If you are using windows, be sure to have your microphone on (not muted) and to put it on a right volume.

That's usually the problem, and be sure to stick the mic in your microphone plug of your soundcard, not the line in.
Because the last one is on a far lower volume level (line in and out signals are are standard, they need something to amplify the sound, which causes worse quality when using a mic).

Hope this helps!

NiKo
03-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
i like to recorde my own voice and pu them into my games like 'Worms 2'

hey i did that to once :D

now i cant record for some reason...i got mics and all
but i guess something is wrong with the comp

GB....were waiting :p

(((( then it hit me... we've never even seen pics of fender & GB122....)))

Feral
03-27-2002, 01:54 PM
OK, go into Volume Control > Options > Properties > Recording > Make sure that "Microphone" is ticked > OK > "Select" under "Microphone"

Joshi
03-27-2002, 04:57 PM
well, after doing what you said, the computer helped me out tremendousley. it crashed. not sayin'g it's your fault or nothing, we just got some more ram in the CPU and the things been going loco eversince. anyway, been away for a while because of this whole server being busy stuff, so how was everybody.:D

Al-back from the BigWhoop
03-27-2002, 04:58 PM
it seems to me im not the only one who hates his own voice...

Joshi
03-27-2002, 05:25 PM
are u refering to me, cause if you are, you are very wrong. at my school, we had our french speaking exam a few days ago. at the end of the exam, our teacher let us listen to the last few second of the tape she had recordede us on and i found without even knowing, i sound like a young Barry White. ooooooooohhhh yeeeeeeaaaahh!;)

Katey
03-28-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Wrapped in Glass
That's OK, all Aussie girls sound the same too. ;)

Lol! U juz think that cuz u probably have only ever heard us say "Chuck another prawn on the barbie luv." from those weird fake Aus shows you all love so much over there ;)
I don't think all english guys sound the same, cuz there are so many different english accents!

NiKo
03-28-2002, 10:44 AM
i love accents! :p

i love imitating accents, scottish, french, english, russian, german, irish,indian.....you name it...

barry white eh? i was told i sound alot like jim carey...:D

COJ
03-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Quebec english is pretty funny, cuz the speak English with a french accent, of course I dont do that cuz Ive been living in Ontario for like 10 years now....

Joshi
03-28-2002, 02:09 PM
i can do loads of accents, really well. i'm english, but i can do just about any american guy, including a brill impression of guybrush threepwood. if i wanted to (and i don't) i could go around all day sounding like him. i can also do impressions of any american actor, whose a guy like the guys from friends, or jerry seinfeld. and i do some great irish and scottish accents. i do a cool eddie murphy.

Fender
03-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
(((( then it hit me... we've never even seen pics of fender & GB122....)))

Your bluddy lucky you aint seen me! I'll try and find a good pic of me.

I've seen GB's Girlfreinds Pic, does that count?

Natty
04-07-2002, 11:49 AM
OK- well, I've done it, I've gotta voice recording of myself here. :D

http://nattsy.homestead.com/files/nattyspeaks.mp3

COJ
04-07-2002, 12:03 PM
ur voice is....interesting nat

Natty
04-07-2002, 12:08 PM
interesting? define interesting? it's interesting how?

Feral
04-07-2002, 12:10 PM
That's a cool recording...you sound really laid-back (a stereotypical Australian trait), and the voice is exactly what I'd imagined from reading your posts.

COJ
04-07-2002, 12:11 PM
its different....when u hear mine, ull know what i mean

hahaha*fast computer laugh*

Natty
04-07-2002, 12:12 PM
In what way? the whole I love you guys! Mwha bit?

Maybe I should do the stereotypical Aussie accent? :p

hang on brb

:D

Then again... maybe not, heeeeeeeeeey does anyone wanna hear me sing? :D

NiKo
04-07-2002, 05:29 PM
lol, sounding sexy Natty ;)

no really, you have a beautiful voice...

i'll try to get a recording of me on soon.

Joshi
04-07-2002, 05:38 PM
wow, that beautiful voice actually added some happiness to my meaningless little life. i love you too natty!:p

Natty
04-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Awwwwwww NiKo and Neil made me blush, especially Neil for saying I've put some happiness into his life :) But NiKo also made me blush coz he said I sound sexy :D

I can't do the stereotypical 'crocodile hunter' type accent, I always end up sounding American. That's probably what I get for watching way too many American TV shows :p Then again, I think we're way to Americanized- what's the deal with try-hard homies everywhere? You can't do that, you gotta wear the ripped jeans, blue singlet, flannel shirt, thongs and mullet haircut and be a bogen. I should probably find a pic of a bogen :D

Joshi
04-08-2002, 02:47 PM
england is too americanized too. i watch about ten american shows in one day and about two english shows, eatsenders adn only fools and horses if it's on. honestly, i watch the simpsons, buffy (for specific reasons, most guys will know why, also some girls) all of the sitconms, friends, frasier, seinfeld, spin sity, adn i also watch all of the american movies. i think i need a whole day of uk gold to get me better.

COJ
04-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Now that uve mention it Natty, ur voice does sound sexy!! id love to go out a gurl that talks like that..I guess its because I dont hear a Aussy female voice everyday!! My voice is drop dead sexy!!Past experience....

NiKo
04-09-2002, 10:00 AM
Israel is also very americanized...and thats a good thing if you ask me.

Natty
04-09-2002, 11:15 PM
In some ways its good in others it's crap coz I wanna be individual, hence why I get so irritated when you see wankers walking down the street with jeans 5sizes to big which means they're falling down around their knees. What's the point in having a belt? My friend does this, and he wears boxer shorts underneath, which are pulled up properly. I'm sorry for someone who claims to be so self feashion concious, he seems to forget to wear pants that actually fit instead of being 5sizes to big and looking stoopid :rolleyes: