PDA

View Full Version : can anyone solve this riddle?


NiKo
01-19-2002, 08:39 AM
okay, so B has a new car. 6, who is a good friend of B's, asks to borrow the car. B accepts and Gives 6 the car for 3 hours and 38 Minutes. he also asks him to pick up his daughter Q from kindergarden 49 minutes after he gtes the car and 6 minutes before he must return it. 6 takes a drive and goes to get a bite to eat. it takes him 5 minutes to finnish to eat and 3 minutes to get back to the car. he then goes to visit his friend M at block 45 that is a 13 mins drive on a 2KM road. after a 3 minutes visit at M's house he goes to pickup Q. 3 blocks away from Q's kindergarden 6 gets a flat tire and it takes him 7 minutes to fix the car. he now drives to pickup Q and takes her to buy some ice cream. it all takes him 6082 seconds. 6 now takes Q home and brings the car back to B.
B swears he will never again lend the car to 6.
why?

Grannen
01-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Check yor PM. :)

3 headd monkey
01-19-2002, 01:44 PM
ummm.... what's that got to do with monkey island.

Anyway, there could be a whole host of reasons:

B didn't want Q to eat ice-cream for 102 minutes.
6 didn't pick up B 49 minutes after he got the car or 6 minutes before.
6 didn't keep the car for .....

wait a minute. What am I babbling on about??? What's the post for, anyway ???

NiKo
01-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Jeeees man!
you dont know much about the forum eh?

this is the HARBOR!!
96% of the topics here dont have anything Monkey Island related.

Al-back from the BigWhoop
01-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
96% of the topics here dont have anything Monkey Island related.


correction, 95.9836%
;) :D



ps- check ur pm

NiKo
01-20-2002, 06:28 AM
lol@ Al's answer to the riddle at my PM. :D

Joshi
01-20-2002, 11:57 AM
um..., no one seems to take into account that the guy may have just been late, i haven't worked it out yet, but that's probably it.

hmm..., then again, maybe not, i'm not really in the mathematical mood at the moment, i'm listening to Bob Marley.

Guybrush122
01-20-2002, 04:07 PM
I know the answer!!!!!!!!

There is none......its not mathmatically possible, there is no other explanation........

Kjĝlen
01-20-2002, 04:18 PM
Ummm....I have no idea what Niko said. I read part of it, hen as I get farther through it, I forget what I read before. 6 Must have picked up Q at the wrong time or came back at the wrong time.:(
This makes me feel like I'm gonna:explode:! ;)

Grannen
01-20-2002, 07:57 PM
http://www.grannen.com/humor/ch880105.gif :)

Kjĝlen
01-20-2002, 08:10 PM
THANK YOU GRANNEN!! I HAVE BEEN LITERALLY SITTING HERE FOR HOURS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO COME BACK AND POST! SOMEONE TO TALK TO YAAAY!

PS Your comic is funny:)

Joshi
01-21-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Guybrush122
I know the answer!!!!!!!!

There is none......its not mathmatically possible, there is no other explanation........

you're just trying to get out of the fact that you don't know the answer aren't you? (busted)

Legolas T.
01-21-2002, 02:58 PM
Cheek your PM, I had a go.

Guybrush122
01-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi


you're just trying to get out of the fact that you don't know the answer aren't you? (busted)

No.......you do the math.......there is no sense in it.

Joshi
01-22-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Guybrush122


No.......you do the math.......there is no sense in it.

i already told you, i can't be bothered, i'm listening to Bob marley, who wan't to do math when listening to him, most people are so relaxed they can't be bothered to work out why he's talking about a Buffalo Soldier!

Al-back from the BigWhoop
01-22-2002, 04:22 PM
so, wots the answer?

Guybrush122
01-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi


i already told you, i can't be bothered, i'm listening to Bob marley, who wan't to do math when listening to him, most people are so relaxed they can't be bothered to work out why he's talking about a Buffalo Soldier!

im guessing you dont know what a buffalo soldier.......either that or you dont know the lyrics

"he was a buffalo soldier, in the heart of america, stolen from Africa and brought to America" ........um, gee, I wonder what continent Bob Marley was from....

btw, my favorite quote of Bob Marley is "The more herb man smoke the more babylon fall" which basically means the more weed you smoke the more rascist *******s burn in hell........sweeeeeeeeet

Joshi
01-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Guybrush122


im guessing you dont know what a buffalo soldier.......either that or you dont know the lyrics

"he was a buffalo soldier, in the heart of america, stolen from Africa and brought to America" ........um, gee, I wonder what continent Bob Marley was from....

btw, my favorite quote of Bob Marley is "The more herb man smoke the more babylon fall" which basically means the more weed you smoke the more rascist *******s burn in hell........sweeeeeeeeet

actually i guessed that, i was just showing the fact that his music was relaxing but they also have a lot of meaning towards them. i guess 'Afroman' has the same idea about weed.

BTW, you were right, the problem is mathematically impossible. sorry for doubting ya!

see ya
Neil

Guybrush122
01-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi


actually i guessed that, i was just showing the fact that his music was relaxing but they also have a lot of meaning towards them. i guess 'Afroman' has the same idea about weed.

BTW, you were right, the problem is mathematically impossible. sorry for doubting ya!

see ya
Neil

i know, im always right

Joshi
01-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Guybrush122


i know, im always right

you know there is such a thing as a sore winner, hang on let me rephrase that. um..., ooh okay,... don't say your always right just bacause you proved someone wrong, it isn't nice, yeah, that's it.
trust me, i tried that once, woulda hada broken nose if the guy had a good shot.

see ya
Neil

Guybrush122
01-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi


you know there is such a thing as a sore winner, hang on let me rephrase that. um..., ooh okay,... don't say your always right just bacause you proved someone wrong, it isn't nice, yeah, that's it.
trust me, i tried that once, woulda hada broken nose if the guy had a good shot.

see ya
Neil

its a little thing called "sarcasm" that i was using. you know, its a very useful tool...how about WAKING UP and smell the freaking bitterness of actual IRONY!!! yeesh...

José Mané
01-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
lol@ Al's answer to the riddle at my PM. :D


wot was his answer?



~mané

Tyrell
01-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
okay, so B has a new car. 6, who is a good friend of B's, asks to borrow the car. B accepts and Gives 6 the car for 3 hours and 38 Minutes. he also asks him to pick up his daughter Q from kindergarden 49 minutes after he gtes the car and 6 minutes before he must return it. 6 takes a drive and goes to get a bite to eat. it takes him 5 minutes to finnish to eat and 3 minutes to get back to the car. he then goes to visit his friend M at block 45 that is a 13 mins drive on a 2KM road. after a 3 minutes visit at M's house he goes to pickup Q. 3 blocks away from Q's kindergarden 6 gets a flat tire and it takes him 7 minutes to fix the car. he now drives to pickup Q and takes her to buy some ice cream. it all takes him 6082 seconds. 6 now takes Q home and brings the car back to B.
B swears he will never again lend the car to 6.
why? This isn't a mathamatical question is it? We know 6 gets the car back early, and even fixed the flat tire.

Ty

Deadmeat_X
01-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Call me stupid, but I think it has something to do with the persons being called B, Q & 6

Al-back from the BigWhoop
01-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by José Mané



wot was his answer?



~mané


ok,, if we analyse carefully this sequence of events. we see that 6 made many errors, startin by having a friend whose name is B. first of all, every1 knows that B-6 is the unluckyest square to put a boat in, when playing battle ships. bsides, B is not a name, its either a letter or a verb, while 6 is a number, a WHOLE number, not unholy as B can b. besides, since the start, B could not C Y he should lend his car to a number, since every other character in the story is a letter.
also, if M is the same M from James Bond (which i assume it is, since hes staying at block45), 6 wasnt supposed to talk to him, cause his working as a spy, to uncover B's secret plans to kill A and become the first letter in the alphabet. Now B knows everything, and is pissed of w 6 for not telling him.
B also got pissed of because 6 got a flat tire, and no1 likes a flat tire.
He also did some bad stuff to the poor little Q: we all know that Q always needs U to help fit in. U couldnt not b there, since U N I are just one, and I never came along in thta trip. Bsides, Q is sick, and she cant eat icecream. And if M is M from James Bond, Q must b too, and if thats the case, 6 shouldnt take Q to Qs home, but to Bs home, so they can fight in peace.

Over all, 6 got a speed limit ticket.

Finally, his last error, was giving a lift to a guy that looked like this :bdroid2:

now they r not friends anymore, 6's new best frined is Niko, to whom he told that story not understanding anything, and now, hopefully, i understood, and by explaining everything, i may win a house to block45, because M is not living there anymore.

Yoha
01-26-2002, 01:57 PM
:rolleyes:
And I get yelled at for coming up with silly plot hole explanations... *sigh*

José Mané
01-26-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop



ok,, if we analyse carefully this sequence of events. we see that 6 made many errors, startin by having a friend whose name is B. first of all, every1 knows that B-6 is the unluckyest square to put a boat in, when playing battle ships. bsides, B is not a name, its either a letter or a verb, while 6 is a number, a WHOLE number, not unholy as B can b. besides, since the start, B could not C Y he should lend his car to a number, since every other character in the story is a letter.
also, if M is the same M from James Bond (which i assume it is, since hes staying at block45), 6 wasnt supposed to talk to him, cause his working as a spy, to uncover B's secret plans to kill A and become the first letter in the alphabet. Now B knows everything, and is pissed of w 6 for not telling him.
B also got pissed of because 6 got a flat tire, and no1 likes a flat tire.
He also did some bad stuff to the poor little Q: we all know that Q always needs U to help fit in. U couldnt not b there, since U N I are just one, and I never came along in thta trip. Bsides, Q is sick, and she cant eat icecream. And if M is M from James Bond, Q must b too, and if thats the case, 6 shouldnt take Q to Qs home, but to Bs home, so they can fight in peace.

Over all, 6 got a speed limit ticket.

Finally, his last error, was giving a lift to a guy that looked like this :bdroid2:

now they r not friends anymore, 6's new best frined is Niko, to whom he told that story not understanding anything, and now, hopefully, i understood, and by explaining everything, i may win a house to block45, because M is not living there anymore.


why didn´t you just post it here? Why did u send it through pm (what is pm?)?

Jack
01-26-2002, 02:37 PM
i am trying´to get an url to work. sorry
www.saunalahti.com (http://www.saunalahti.com)

Al-back from the BigWhoop
01-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by José Mané
why didn´t you just post it here? Why did u send it through pm (what is pm?)?


cause i knew my answer was right n i ddnt wanna spoil it to every1 else :p

ps- pm=private messages

Meksilon
01-28-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by NiKo
okay, so B has a new car. 6, who is a good friend of B's, asks to borrow the car. B accepts and Gives 6 the car for 3 hours and 38 Minutes. he also asks him to pick up his daughter Q from kindergarden 49 minutes after he gtes the car and 6 minutes before he must return it. 6 takes a drive and goes to get a bite to eat. it takes him 5 minutes to finnish to eat and 3 minutes to get back to the car. he then goes to visit his friend M at block 45 that is a 13 mins drive on a 2KM road. after a 3 minutes visit at M's house he goes to pickup Q. 3 blocks away from Q's kindergarden 6 gets a flat tire and it takes him 7 minutes to fix the car. he now drives to pickup Q and takes her to buy some ice cream. it all takes him 6082 seconds. 6 now takes Q home and brings the car back to B.
B swears he will never again lend the car to 6.
why?

Facts:
6 is B's friend.
Q is B's daughter.
6 picks up Q from "kindergarten", but that doesn’t necessary follow to mean that Q is in kindergarten.

Then 6 and Q spend almost 102 minutes "eating icecream" when really they were after desert and probably didn't eat icecream! 6 and Q used the car in a way B did not want, presumably because he wants 6 to get his filthy hands off his daughter?

QED.

*mek*

NiKo
01-31-2002, 04:42 AM
i'm NOT going to tell you the answer just because your so close. ;)

hint: try reading some sentences without spaces or devide a word to 2 different words.

math has nothing to do with it really, its just there to fool you.

Meksilon
02-02-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by NiKo
i'm NOT going to tell you the answer just because your so close. ;)

hint: try reading some sentences without spaces or devide a word to 2 different words.

math has nothing to do with it really, its just there to fool you. Oh come on, you're telling me 6&Q don't have a thing going on between themselves? Having a bit of a fling?

Maybe 6 takes Q home instead of taking her to B?

Natty
02-02-2002, 04:35 AM
visit his friend M at block 45

If you remove the space between M and at, you get Mat, maybe he's gay?

NiKo
02-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Too bad no one ever solved this

Lemon Head
02-05-2003, 09:20 AM
so what's the answer?

murta
02-05-2003, 11:45 AM
So you said that 6 takes Q home and then takes the car back to B, does that mean Q is left alone?

Q spilt ice-cream in the car?
He was pissed about the flat tire?
He sells the car? Gives it to 6?
He vows to never lend the car to him, but he's borrow it to him? ;)

Benihana14
02-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Because.....7,8,9?

Joshi
02-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
Too bad no one ever solved this
he says this a year and three days after it's last post. so are you going to tell us or not?

Lemon Head
02-05-2003, 04:42 PM
yeah come on, we're agog

well i am

Frenchyd
02-05-2003, 11:07 PM
*eye starts to twitch*

im not even gonna try, im so confused

Blondbeard
02-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Post the answer NiKo, I need to know. I can't stand knowing something is there and I can't understand it or see it or whatever

NiKo
02-06-2003, 06:00 AM
Are you sure you want me to tell you?

The answer is 3 :)

murta
02-06-2003, 06:13 AM
erm, you suck :mad:

NiKo
02-06-2003, 06:23 AM
i was jokin' murta:o

to be honest i dont remember what the correct answer is...just remember it has something to do with 3


and yes, i do suck. thank you for noticing

murta
02-06-2003, 06:51 AM
I repeat:
:mad:

Al-back from the BigWhoop
02-06-2003, 02:08 PM
AAAAA!!!!!!!

*loads shotgun*
*shots at niko*

how could you? My best friend sleeping with my wife!
no wait, tahts not right

*checks script again* oh, okk

how could you forget it. i ll never b able to face another riddle again!

NiKo
02-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Als humorous reply i like,
Murtas reply i didnt...

geez murt, dont you think you're over-reacting?

Guybrush122
02-06-2003, 03:57 PM
B wont lend 6 the car again because 6 gave it a flat! :p

Al-back from the BigWhoop
02-06-2003, 04:32 PM
*Guybrush112 starts laughing wildly*
*scene freezes. camera zooms back and shows that the image is being projected on a white wall and many guys dressed up as cientists take notes. One has a pointing stick, and he is pointing to gb122*
"you see, members of the council," starts the man with the pointing stick, "this is a perfect example of a person who didnt read earlier posts, otherwise he would have noticed that 23e2343 persons already did the same joke"


;P :p :D :p ;P

murta
02-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
Als humorous reply i like,
Murtas reply i didnt...

geez murt, dont you think you're over-reacting?

Right back at ya dude...I was joking...you know, like always :rolleyes:

Lemon Head
02-06-2003, 05:42 PM
this is exactly the type of thing that keeps me awake at night.

look's like i picked the wrong week stop sniffing glue.


P.S. - A tenner to anyone who gives a satisfactory answer to this riddle*



*this is a complete lie

NiKo
02-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by murta
Right back at ya dude...I was joking...you know, like always :rolleyes:

still, i suck:p

murta
02-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
still, i suck:p

big donkey balls!

NiKo
02-07-2003, 04:28 PM
i dunno if i can fit 2 big donkey balls in my mouth dude



oh...wait, i'm taking things way to literal

Guybrush122
02-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop
*Guybrush112 starts laughing wildly*
*scene freezes. camera zooms back and shows that the image is being projected on a white wall and many guys dressed up as cientists take notes. One has a pointing stick, and he is pointing to gb122*
"you see, members of the council," starts the man with the pointing stick, "this is a perfect example of a person who didnt read earlier posts, otherwise he would have noticed that 23e2343 persons already did the same joke"

Hmmmm, I see. And THIS, *takes the pointing stick and hits Al on the nose* ladies and gentlemen, is me hitting Al with a stick. And furthermore *hits Al between his legs*, even so *hits Al across the face*, and hencely thus *drops the stick and hits Al with a frying pan that happened to materialize out of thin air*

To summarize--- *smacks Al on the back of the head*


So eat me.

Al-back from the BigWhoop
02-07-2003, 11:02 PM
hum... so much violence. just because last time u left, i stole your wallet and ran u over with my car? (was it you? i dont remember. it was quite a funny topic, if any1 can link me, i ll b thankfull)

btw, hitting ppl with a frying pan is just wrong... only squirels in bad fur days are allowed to do so... (Conker is such a good game!)

Joshi
02-08-2003, 11:56 AM
furiously taking notes, i decide this is just getting too much for me and start hitting both of them with clubs that i mysteriously find behind me.

Lemon Head
02-09-2003, 02:41 PM
stop the madness!!

Don't be violent, just give in to the love of natural (yet illegal) remedies, and float off to a happy land made from parmizan and wing-nuts.

Joshi
02-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
land made from parmizan and wing-nuts.

Texas?:D

AutoCept
02-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Er...because 6 didn't buy B ice cream as well?
That has to do with 3 if he bought one for B he would have bought 3
(Asuming he bought one for himself....)

Natedoll
02-19-2003, 08:21 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm slowly going insane from the incredible stupidity of this riddle, yet it's amazing complexity compels me to read on. Talk about circular logic! I can't believe he forgot the answer:rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Natedoll
02-19-2003, 08:25 PM
btw I think it was because 6 looked like this:band: or this:ewok: or even this:evanpiel: !