PDA

View Full Version : the top games you are looking forward to this year...

waazzuupp
01-19-2002, 08:37 PM
the only games i'll be gettn this year are:

1. SoF2
2.JK2 outcast
3.NWO...i might not get this one. it all depends on how the demo plays

you probably have never heard of NWO. it is New World Order. you can read about it here... http://www.p3int.com/center.asp
it looks like a good game. but i am mostly intersted in the two new raven games. can't wait.

so, what are your guys's top games you are lookn forward to this year?
:explode:

TrUeFoRcE
01-19-2002, 08:39 PM
sof2
jedi outcast
gta3
unreal2
warcraft 3

those are definately the next 5 games im getting....and there all coming out one after another within the next few months...

Scav
01-19-2002, 08:40 PM
First of all, welcome to the forums, and waaaaaazzzupp?

Second, I'm looking forward to JKO, SOF2, and Star Wars: Galaxies.

SaberPro
01-19-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by waazzuupp
the only games i'll be gettn this year are:

1. SoF2
2.JK2 outcast
3.NWO...i might not get this one. it all depends on how the demo plays

you probably have never heard of NWO. it is New World Order. you can read about it here... http://www.p3int.com/center.asp
it looks like a good game. but i am mostly intersted in the two new raven games. can't wait.

so, what are your guys's top games you are lookn forward to this year?
:explode:

1. <b>Jedi Knight 2</b>
2. did you forget <b>DUKE NUKEN FOREVER??!!</b>
3. <b>Soldier of Fortune 2</b>
4. <b>Unreal 2</b>
5. <b>WarCraft 3</b>
6. <b>Quake 4</b>
7. <b>C&C Renegade</b>

That's probably it...:)

StephenG
01-19-2002, 08:50 PM
prepare yourselves, for this topic to be moved...sooon

waazzuupp
01-19-2002, 08:52 PM
thanx scav....and oh yeah...i did forget about duke nukem forever. but, i'm not sure when that game comes out..i thought it was next year when that comes out. maybe i'm wrong. there is so many games comn out this year that look cool. one other cool look game is Global Operation., but i don't tink it will be good enough to buy. i'll play the demo until i get bored of it.

i think SoF2 and JKO will definitly be the best. they look the best anyway. WAY TO GO RAVEN!!!

OH, my bad...where should i have put this topic? i'm kinda new around here :)

StormHammer
01-19-2002, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the forums waazzuupp. (check the sig for you welcome gift ;).

Just a quick FYI...we discuss everything related to the game in The Valley Of The Jedi, and anything off-topic goes in Yoda's Swamp. ;)

Get ready...we're being air-lifted out of here and dumped in the Swamp. Please provide some recon... :cool:

Oh, BTW...here's a list of the games on my Wanted List for this year...

1. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
2. Soldier Of Fortune II: Double Helix
3. Unreal II
4. Unreal Tournament II
5. New World Order
6. Chaser
7. Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault
8. Serious Sam 2
9. C & C: Renegade
10. Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth
11. Counter Strike: Condition Zero
12. Kreed (looks like strong competition for the Unreal engine)
13. Maelstrom
14. Deus Ex 2
15. Duke Nukem Forever (if they don't release it this year, then they shouldn't bother at all)
16. Halo (it's supposed to be in development...but it might get pushed into next year)
17. Half-Life 2 (if you believe the rumour mill ;P )
18. Iron Storm (in which World War I never ended...)
19. Wanted: Dead or Alive (a western which looks very nice)
20. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
21. Arx Fatalis (nice-looking 1st person RPG)
22. Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
23. Outcast 2 (not related to JK: Outcast)
24. Archangel (early screenshots look okay)
25. Bounty Hunter (by Warthog...just hope they remember they mentioned it for the PC as well as consoles)
26. Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza
27. Dungeon Siege (a maybe...I'll have to try a demo first)
28. Neverwinter Nights (ditto DS)
29. The Thing (based on the John Carpenter movie - if the PC version is any good)
30. Warcraft III (I'll have to try the demo first)
31. Internal Pain (got a whole bunch of screenshots...but it's been mighty quiet since they were released...hmmm....)

There are a few others I'm looking into, but those are the main ones.

Also on my list are Doom III, Thief III, Quake IV, Unreal Warfare, Judge Dredd, Duality or No One Lives Forever 2 but I wouldn't expect to see any of these until 2003. Then again, you never know... :D

waazzuupp
01-19-2002, 09:10 PM
thanx for the info stormhammer...i'l be sure to post in the right spots now :)

OnlyOneCanoli
01-19-2002, 09:38 PM
-MoH AA
-Serious Sam 2
-JKII
-SoF2
-U2
-UT2
-SWG
-Kreed
-Warcraft 3
-Age of Mythology
-DX2 (haha)
-Thief 3 (haha)
-DNF (hahaha)
-TF2 (ahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha)

waazzuupp
01-19-2002, 09:41 PM
wow...now thats a big list :)

StarScrap
01-19-2002, 10:04 PM
Here's my list. It's looking pretty meager due to the fact that I'm not a big FPS player and that seems to be the majority of big releases this year, plus the fact that I can't run half the stuff.

1)JKII (if not I wouldn't be here)
2)Heroes of Might and Magic IV (nice TBS, plus I'm a fan of the Might and Magic series)
3)WarCraft III (If I could run it. I think I'm going to make sure one of my friends buys it, then try their copy to see if it will work on my comp decently. If not i'll just live at their house.)
4)SW: Galaxies (If i could run it. No way this is happening unless I get a new comp)
5)That other SW RPG, the SP one (maybe, I obviously havn't looked into it a whole lot. The first three on this list have a mighty big shaddow)

StormHammer
01-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by waazzuupp
wow...now thats a big list :)

If you're referring to mine...yeah, it's a lot...and I've got finite financial resources. But everything I've read so far on these games has got me interested. Enter spreadsheets, databases, laws of probability, S.O.D's law, and trying to make sense out of all the misinformation floating around on the Net. :D

I'm probably looking at 2-3 games per month, but it depends a lot on whether some of these titles are any good. Some could turn out to be rubbish, or very average, in which case they'll be struck off that list in an eye-blink. :)

I'm currently playing catch-up on some of last year's releases, as well... :eek:

StormHammer
01-19-2002, 10:17 PM
StarScrap...if you like RTS games, there are a few others supposed to be coming out this year...

1. Age Of Mythology
2. Anno 1503
3. Warlords Battlecry 2
4. Impossible Creatures
5. Project Nomad
6. Dark Planet

I'm new to the genre myself...I played the demo for Cossacks: European Wars, and it got me hooked (if 6-7 hour gaming sessions on random maps is anything to go by). So I'm planning on getting that, plus it's expansion pack (Cossacks: Art Of War), plus SWGB anytime soon, and AoEII. ;)

xwing guy
01-19-2002, 10:51 PM
On my wanted list I have

1. JK2
2. C&C Renegade
3. Halo for PC, if it gets out this year.
4. SOF2
5. Maybe a few other things but that's all I can think of for now.

waazzuupp
01-19-2002, 11:29 PM
yeah, i was refering to your list stormhammer. those are all pretty coll lookn games. i'll probably try the demos of most of them on your list, but probably not buy them. gotta save some money for a new computer :)

JekRendar
01-20-2002, 12:21 AM
TOO EASY!

JKII: JO,

Duh, why are we here?

StephenG
01-20-2002, 12:31 AM
This year will be a really good year for the PC. So many games, so little money...

1. Jedi Outcast- did someone say Lightsaber?
2. Global Operations - the multiplayer game that requires alot more team work than CS.
3. Mafia- This game looks really good
4. Hitman 2- even more ways to get the "job" done.
5. Outcast 2- First Outcast was one of the best games i've ever played, hoping O2 is even better.
6. SoF2- i wanna blow off some limbs!!!

hmm, thats about it.

Darth Simpson
01-20-2002, 05:59 AM
StormHammer, your list pretty much covers what I would like this year too. Thanks for writing it for me! ;)

Only thing I would add is Natural Resistance, which I saw and read about for the first time in the newest issue of PCG UK. Sounds, and looks, like a great game!

CaptainRAVE
01-20-2002, 06:18 AM
My list is pretty similar to Stormhammers (hardly surprising considering he mentioned all the good game comming out this year :))........

1. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
2. Soldier Of Fortune II: Double Helix
3. Unreal II
4. Unreal Tournament II
5. C & C: Renegade (Maybe if I get bored)
6. Deus Ex 2
7. Half-Life 2, (possibly??)
8. Outcast 2

And hopefully an announcement that Starcraft 2 has started production.......we can hope :)

UberChild
01-20-2002, 06:52 AM
Definitly jk 2 above all else
WArcraft 3
unreal 2.. i think these 3 will probably (hopefully) keep me busy for the year (well these are the 3 i will buy without hesitation) ..if not maybe ..
medal of honour..
Duke nukem..
not really keen on sf2 unless the gameplay is really AMAZING..

but cos jk2 has bot support.. i think it will live in my hd..(with a small break to clock u2 and war3 when they each come out):atat:

CaptainRAVE
01-20-2002, 06:57 AM
Well, in theory, at the top of everyones list should be JK2, otherwise they wouldnt be in this forum :cool:

Outlaw
01-20-2002, 08:53 AM
StormHammer did hit all the good titles comming out hopefully this year. I found it interesting he mentioned Kreed as one of the titles. The screen shots of this game are the best I've seen in a first person shooter. They look even better than Unreal 2! The lighting and shadow effects are over the top. I hope the Kreed game engine can do outdoor graphics just as well. If so, many game developers could be using this game engine in the future.

StormHammer
01-20-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Darth Simpson
StormHammer, your list pretty much covers what I would like this year too. Thanks for writing it for me! ;)

No problem. :D

Only thing I would add is Natural Resistance, which I saw and read about for the first time in the newest issue of PCG UK. Sounds, and looks, like a great game!

Ooh, ooh...what? Any web links? Any chance of you sending me a snippet to this address...?

storm.hammer@btinternet.com

:)

CaptainRAVE
01-20-2002, 09:47 AM
Yea.........and to this address

captainrave@hotmail.com

StarScrap
01-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Hey CaptainRAVE, you mean to say that you're waiting for an SC2 anouncement, but you AREN'T going to get WC3? SHAME! Actually I wouldn't expect SC2 for quite a while, maybe 3 or 4 years. First off that seems to be the time between RTS games for them, and they're also working on Worlds of Warcraft of whatever it's called.

Agen
01-20-2002, 12:07 PM
Here it comes...........
1. Dark Force 3 : Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcat (had to add df3 :D )
2. GTA3(sorry aussies)
3.SoF2
4. Unreal Tournament 2
5.Counter Strike: Condition Zero
6.Halo
7.Duke Nukem Forever
8.Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault
9.Half Life 2 (really?)
10.Serious Sam (good ol' Killin sprees.

Any i'm off

CaptainRAVE
01-20-2002, 01:13 PM
You added Dark Forces 3!!!........lol.......that name is huge, especially if they bring out an expansion pack.

I have never actually played the Warcraft series, but im not expecting SC2 for about 3 years either....and that 3 years is the announcement date.

StephenG
01-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

2. GTA3(sorry aussies)
Any i'm off

there is still hope! there talking about added a R18+ rating. i really really hope they do an R18+ rating is inforced over here. if its stays like this then we aussies will miss out on GTA2, Mafia, SOF2 and many more.

StarScrap
01-20-2002, 08:32 PM
I'll put it this way CaptainRAVE. Warcraft I and II pretty much suck by todays standards, but they were awsome in their time. Warcraft III is not going to be anything like I and II. It's different enough that they've slapped a different genre name onto it (RPS, role playing strategy).

Oh and Stormhammer, thanks for the heads up on those games. I havn't heard of most of them, but I'll look into Battlecry 2.

StormHammer
01-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by StarScrap
Oh and Stormhammer, thanks for the heads up on those games. I havn't heard of most of them, but I'll look into Battlecry 2.

No Problem :)

If you can't find links for them...look on VoodooExtreme (ve3d.com), because that's where I got the info. over the last couple of months... ;)

psycoglass
01-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Hey StromHammer how ya doin. I see you mentioned Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, I saw it on the back of my No One Lives Forever case and it looked awesome, so I searched for it on the internet and I couldn't find it any where. is it still in development? I just thought it got canceled. Could you point me in the right directiion of any news of it or screenshots? that would be awesome.

StormHammer
01-21-2002, 04:36 AM
StromHammer? :ball:

Well, psycoglass, if you follow this link (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2838351,00.html) you'll find an update, some screens, and a link to a full preview of the game.

BTW...it's slated for a mid-March release. :D

Tay-Mar
01-21-2002, 03:36 PM
1/ JK II
2/ Counter Strike - Condition Zero
3/ Freelancer
4/ X2
5/ SW Galaxies
6/ Knights of the old republic
7/ Unreal II

Not a long list but 1 I'm looking to complete :)

Damazig
01-21-2002, 07:26 PM
for me comes:
jk2
UT2
C&CRenegade
Unreal2
:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

Lord_FinnSon
01-21-2002, 08:49 PM
StormHammer, you are really gonna put a lot of money into gaming this year... ;) Well, here is my list(games are not in any particular order):

Star Wars Starfighter(PC)
Jedi Outcast
Knights of the Old Republic
Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza
No One Lives Forever 2
Broken Sword (3) - The Sleeping Dragon
Good Cop Bad Cop (http://www.revolution.co.uk/good_cop_bad_cop/index.html)

I might also check up Hitman 2, because I played the first one, but I doubt I will keep it though.

StormHammer
01-21-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon
StormHammer, you are really gonna put a lot of money into gaming this year... ;)

Tell me about it! :freakout:

Even if some of those games I listed turn out to be not very good, it's still a Deep Impact on my wallet. :eek:

psycoglass
01-22-2002, 01:37 AM
Sorry about that StormHammer. And thanks for the for the info on the game it looks great. Here's my most wanted list for this year since I didn't post it earlier.

Jedi Knight 2
SOF2
Unreal 2
No One Lives Forever 2
Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault (get it in a couple of days)
SW Galaxies
Duke Nukem Forever
Quake 4
C&C Renegade
Unreal Tournament 2
Deus Ex 2
Hopefully Half-Life 2 (if Valve quits taken it's every other week week long vacations)
Iron Storm
Die Hard:Nakatomi Plaza
Doom 3
Thief 3
TF2
Knights of The Old Republic(If Bioware doesn't turn it into Baldur's Gate,nothing against it it just isn't my type of game)
Mafia
GTA3 if they don't cancel it
Thats it kinda long but it looks to be a great year!
OH and what is Kreed?

Minimaul
01-22-2002, 01:56 AM
Jediknight outcast
Unreal Tournament 2
Unreal 2

Zargon
01-22-2002, 10:01 AM
A game none of you have mentioned is <b>Project IGI: 2</b>, which looks amazing, as did the first game, but this one adds better AI and Multiplayer.

StarScrap
01-22-2002, 10:27 AM
I find it depressing how few people mentioned warcraft 3.

Zargon
01-22-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by StarScrap
I find it depressing how few people mentioned warcraft 3.

its just been too long coming, its been years, just like the hype for this game isnt exactly HUGE, not like UT2 is, or like Q3A was....they just took tooooooooooooooo long

StormHammer
01-22-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by psycoglass
Sorry about that StormHammer.

Don't sweat it. ;)

OH and what is Kreed?

It's an FPS being developed by Burut Software (Russian), and the tech. for the engine has been likened to Doom III...although I think it looks more like the Unreal engine. Anyway, there was a recent preview here (http://houseospank.com/cgi-bin/news/stories/2002/01/18/10113354189.shtml), so go check it out. ;)

Sounds Risky
01-23-2002, 04:13 AM
Halo for PC and Grand Theft Auto 3 for Xbox.

StarScrap
01-23-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Zargon

its just been too long coming, its been years, just like the hype for this game isnt exactly HUGE, not like UT2 is, or like Q3A was....they just took tooooooooooooooo long

Blizzard has never been know to rush, which is why almost every one of their games is awesome.