PDA

View Full Version : Jk2 code + checksums

Zx2
01-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Yo, i'm assuming that the modified Q3 code will be fairly similar to the original JK code, just wondering if i could get a list of similarities/differences (if indeed such a list exists)

and what will the checksum be like? hopefully not as weak as the original JK's. (no offense 2 Lucasarts)

just wonderin

btw, i be the new member ;)

UniKorn
01-23-2002, 04:20 AM
I think it is a better idea to start from the Elite Force code. And at the moment we have actually no idea where the differences lie between q3-jk2 or ef-jk2.

Wilhuf
01-24-2002, 06:07 PM
'Pure servers' will require that any clients will have to have exactly the same PAK files as the server they are logging into. So, if a server is running a default unmodified PAK set, everything should be AOK.

Darth_Lando
01-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Good.

because if the cheating is half as bad as in Counter-Strike then JO2 MP will have some serious problems.

And it isn't just the cheaters, it is always the paranoid people who accuse anyone who killed them of cheating. I am so over that childishnes but the world stays the same.

Dorvo
02-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Apparently, multiplayer cheating has been dealt with... and now there isn't any.
That's what was on the FAQ page at the official site.