PDA

View Full Version : Remeber Jake?

ZeroXcape
01-23-2002, 06:03 PM
Remember Jake Simpson? If you've been following JKII.net for some time, you'll know that he used to make our headlines quite often. (Search the archives if you don't believe me.)

Anyway, I just saw that Gaming Groove has an interview with him. I guess he's at Maxis now... Check out this:

Anything youíll miss from Raven?
Hell yeah. Iíll miss the Friday lunchtime sessions with James Monroe, John Scott, Ste Cork, Chris Reed and Rick Johnson. Iíll miss having a .plan file (Maxis doesnít have them). Iíll miss the Tuesday morning programmer meetings that Dan Kramer ran. Now thereís a man that knows how to run a meeting. Iíll miss the vocal Ďdiscussionsí James Monroe and I used to have. Heís the only person I can disagree with, yet then go to lunch with afterwards, since itís all just professional. And we always ended up with a better system. Iíll miss the poker nights Ė man, I learnt to hate playing with Chris Rhinehart when he played Ďgutsí handsÖ Iíll miss the people at Raven, and the lower house prices Ė have you ANY idea how ridiculously expensive it is to live in the Northern California Bay area? Iím gonna end up in a cardboard box under the bay bridge, I know it. One thing Iíd like to do is publicly thank Raven and Activision for taking a chance on a Ďfresh from the arcade industryí guy when they did. I grew as a programmer and person at Raven, and Iím extremely grateful for the opportunity. I got on with pretty much everyone at Raven, and I have no bad words concerning them. On the other hand, Maxis is a damn cool place to work. The people here just know exactly what they are doing and the sales figures prove it. I canít wait to see what people will think of what we are working on now.

The full interview: here (http://www.gaminggroove.com/interview.cfm?id=20)

acdcfanbill
01-24-2002, 06:04 AM
good for him....

wardz
01-24-2002, 02:16 PM
I sent him an email after eh left Raven and much to my surprise I got a response...

nice bloke.

wardz

Obi Kwan
01-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Did he chose to leave Raven or was it just that his project was over or whatnot?