PDA

View Full Version : What would be a devistating force?


Darth_Lando
01-25-2002, 03:37 PM
I am thinking a very powerful force use would be one that would target an individual and weaken the electromagnetic force of that persons matter.

Effectivly killing the opponent on a molecular level by causing the protons, electrons, and neutrons to fly out of their "orbit" around the nucleus of the target's cells because the electromagnetic field was too weak to hold everything "together".

I couldn't imagine what it would do to a person.

Most likely the most powerful Jedi couldn't even do that. They might as well sit around splitting atoms of gas floating around them (not that they would be alive long enough to enjoy the fruits of their labor) hehe

Yeah, you're right... I need to lay off the coffee.

:p

that was my insane post of the day :D :D :D

Vagabond
01-25-2002, 03:45 PM
One of the most powerful, yet simple ways to kill a person with the Force is to simply use a slight variation of Force Push/Pull/Choke...just stir the person's brain around in their skull and they're toast. All too easy...

Nyghtfall
01-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Turn them inside out, through their rectum. Slowly.

gamebooger
01-25-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Nyghtfall
Turn them inside out, through their rectum. Slowly.
*HEAVE*....*splash*

Wacky_Baccy
01-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by gamebooger
Originally posted by Nyghtfall
Turn them inside out, through their rectum. Slowly.
*HEAVE*....*splash*

Too damn right.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

I really hope that was a joke... if not, then Nyghfall seriously needs his head examining :eek:


...That is really sick... :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

StormHammer
01-25-2002, 05:47 PM
This is all a bit reminiscent of the film Scanners. :)

As Vagabond said, it should be all too easy to kill any life form using telekinetic powers, just by attacking the most vulnerable spots. But then...if you could do that, it wouldn't make for very interesting game play.

Anyone wonder why Qui-Gon didn't simply use the Force to influence the weak-minded fools beyond that blast door to get them to open it? It's all about the drama... ;)

Kestral
01-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Lando
I am thinking a very powerful force use would be one that would target an individual and weaken the electromagnetic force of that persons matter.

Effectivly killing the opponent on a molecular level by causing the protons, electrons, and neutrons to fly out of their "orbit" around the nucleus of the target's cells because the electromagnetic field was too weak to hold everything "together".

I couldn't imagine what it would do to a person.

Most likely the most powerful Jedi couldn't even do that. They might as well sit around splitting atoms of gas floating around them (not that they would be alive long enough to enjoy the fruits of their labor) hehe

Yeah, you're right... I need to lay off the coffee.

:p

that was my insane post of the day :D :D :D

First of all... Protons and neutrons are INSIDE the nucleus, and don't move. However, if EVERY atom in the body lost it's electrons, you'd dissapear, which is against a rule of physics.

Nyghtfall
01-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
I really hope that was a joke... if not, then Nyghfall seriously needs his head

I take it no one here's ever seen the movie, Society?

:)

Ex-Bay Watch star Billy Warlock plays a guy named Bill who's worried that he is 'different' to his sister and parents. They mix with other 'upper class' people while Bill is more down to earth. Even his girlfriend seems a bit odd. All is revealed when Bill returns home one night to find a party in full swing.

During the party, one of the party-goers turns himself inside out through his rectum, and snarkingly refers to himself as a butthead.

It's argueably one of the best FX sequences ever filmed, though not for the weak of stomach.

hehehe

Wacky_Baccy
01-25-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
This is all a bit reminiscent of the film Scanners.

I loved that film! I only saw it for the first time a few weeks ago! Very gory :D

Anyone wonder why Qui-Gon didn't simply use the Force to influence the weak-minded fools beyond that blast door to get them to open it? It's all about the drama...

You can't perform a Mind-Trick without a mind to affect... those Neimoidians didn't have one neuron between them :rolleyes: :D ;)

Originally posted by Nyghtfall
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
I really hope that was a joke... if not, then Nygthfall seriously needs his head

I sincerely hope that Nyghtfall still needs his head...

Don't you just love mis-quotes that become double-intendres?

Originally posted by Scav AKA Kestral
...if EVERY atom in the body lost it's electrons, you'd dissapear, which is against a rule of physics.

First of all, Kestral, your 'Automated Linguistics' system isn't up to scratch yet, ("it's" and "dissapear"), but I'm sure you'll improve it :D ;) :p

Secondly, if every atom in your body shed its electrons, you would appear to no longer be there, but you would not cease to exist - the electrons etcetera would still be there, just not associated with anything.

Just out of sheer curiosity, have any of you read Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History Of Time' (all the way through whilst understanding at least some of it) because it might be fun to argue - erm, debate - some of the theories with ya...

Disclaimer-
None of the above post is meant offensively, please consider it the pedantic ramblings of a thinks-he-knows-everything teenager :D

W_B

Nyghtfall
01-25-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
Just out of sheer curiosity, have any of you read Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History Of Time' (all the way through whilst understanding at least some of it) because it might be fun to argue - erm, debate - some of the theories with ya...

No, but I have a mild interest in picking up a copy of The Theory of Everything, by Dr. Michio Kaku. In it, he explains how superstring theory fits into science's ultimate goal of unifying quantum theory and relativity.

Now, admittedly, I'm no physicist. Hell, Math and Science were two of my worst subjects in school. Give me a plot to write a story around, no problem. I'm a writer, through and through. Give me an equation to work through, and I'm as stupidified as a deer caught in headlights.

However, I do have a strong interest in learning, and have watched a couple of documentaries on this guy and his theories, and I can't help feeling very interested in what more he has to say about the universe around us, and reality as we understand it.

THINKER - Two Healthy Incomes, No Kids, Early Retirement

Wacky_Baccy
01-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Nyghtfall
THINKER - Two Healthy Incomes, No Kids, Early Retirement

^The job I want so dearly :D ;) :p

...I have a mild interest in picking up a copy of The Theory of Everything, by Dr. Michio Kaku. In it, he explains how superstring theory fits into science's ultimate goal of unifying quantum theory and relativity.

I vaguely remember my dad saying something about Dr. Kaku and that book a while ago... I've no idea why it's not in my hands now... I wouldn't usually forget something that interested me that much... hmmm :confused: ...never mind though, I can get it now - thankyou for mentioning it :)

I really recommend 'A Brief History' if you (like me) enjoy that sort of thing; the theorems in it aren't too far out of date (they probably will be next week, though :rolleyes: j/k :D) and it's a very pleasant cover-to-cover read :)

Desslock
01-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Nyghtfall
Just read his post. I hate long quotes =P

Thats the same guy who wants to find the equation of the universe thats 1 inch long. =)

Nyghtfall
01-25-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Desslock


Thats the same guy who wants to find the equation of the universe thats 1 inch long. =)

Aye, he be the one, lad! I wonder what font/size he would use to write it with?

:)

Kestral
01-25-2002, 09:42 PM
I made that post between exams. :rolleyes:

I can't be perfect when my memory is being taxed on exams.

[EDIT - If you lost all your electrons, they'd become 'free electrons' and they'd ground out. Then your protons and neutrons would all drop to the floor in a primordial, positively charged goo. ;)]

StarScrap
01-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Kestral
I made that post between exams. :rolleyes:

I can't be perfect when my memory is being taxed on exams.


BAH! It's this new name. It's bad karma. :rolleyes: If you were still the much-esteemed Scav then you would have been perfect.

Kestral
01-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by StarScrap
BAH! It's this new name. It's bad karma. :rolleyes: If you were still the much-esteemed Scav then you would have been perfect.

Much esteemed? I've been here a week.

acdcfanbill
01-26-2002, 05:32 AM
i would say that force Quartering would be interesting, defently a dark power, reminescent of Gengis Kahn, mongolian techniques...

Wacky_Baccy
01-26-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Kestral
I made that post between exams. :rolleyes:

I can't be perfect when my memory is being taxed on exams.

Upgrade, then! Another few TBs should be enough... or are you running that new 'quantum' stuff? Another CC of that should do... ;)

Much esteemed? I've been here a week.

Of course you are! We all think you're great!

And go back to being Scav!!! It suits you much better :)

Millions o' Monkeys
01-26-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
i would say that force Quartering would be interesting, defently a dark power, reminescent of Gengis Kahn, mongolian techniques...

oh the gore the gore....mmmmm

YAY this post made me oficially a jawa