PDA

View Full Version : Demo in a month!?

The_One
02-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Hi, I'm new here though I've been lurking ever since we were waiting for Obi Wan :) I know most of you, though I don't understand half of you....Rudder and pedals in JK? :P Anyway I'm the brother of ed_silvergun and since the game is nearing release I thought I might aswell sign up and give you some info too.

I have the latest issue of the UK PC Games mag PC ZONE, of which there is already a topic. Anyway, I've been reading for 3 or 4 years and they rarely make mistakes. Now they are promising a demo next issue aswell as a review. They wouldn't say this unless they were confident about it. So if you think about it, a demo in 4 weeks which means it may be on the internet even sooner. Then if you put 2 and 2 together, we have been promised a movie. Well they're hardly gonna release a movie after the demo, so they're likelt to release that a couple of weeks before the demo, meaning a gameplay movie in 2 weeks time!

Of course, this is all sheer speculation, but if you take PC Zone's excellent reputation and do a bit of maths it is entirely possible. What do you guys think?

Justus
02-04-2002, 12:53 PM
I sure hope a demo is on the horizon. I'm getting pretty anxious to play this game. I'm hoping it's a multiplayer demo more than anything, or maybe a multiplayer and a single player demo. If I remember correctly I think Jedi Knight had a multiplayer demo and a single player level demo. I'm more than ready to sink my teeth into this game, and practically drool over every piece of info that comes out about this game. If I didn't have school and work I would lock myself in my room and play the game for months on end once the game arrives on my doorstep, ahhh how I wish I could do that.

Besides, this game is what's gonna keep me happy until Star Wars Galaxies is released.

wardz
02-04-2002, 12:59 PM
ahh, youre new, my sig can kill 2 birds with one stone.

CaptainRAVE
02-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Wardz doesnt miss anything.........actually that sig is one of the biggest I've seen for ages since Wardz has been on the case :)

Darth Simpson
02-04-2002, 01:50 PM
The_One, glad you've decided to join us posters. You've been lurking quite a while y'know. =)

Thanks for the PC Zone info, I sure hope you are correct. Guess we'll have Gonk in here in a little while, with his trademark quote : "We'll see." ;)

Swoosh
02-04-2002, 02:05 PM
I feel a disturbance in the force that a demo is VERY near...isn't it true that FPS games generally realease a demo a few weeks before the retail release? Besides...something is brewing at LEC...they haven't realeased too much since the official site launch and there have been too many clues that a demo was coming to think otherwise. I bet within the next 2 weeks we have a demo on lucasarts.com.

Swoosh

CaptainRAVE
02-04-2002, 02:32 PM
Yup, I agree with you there Swoosh. I also am expecting a demo in about two weeks, probably about 3/4 the way through February :)

Bartolo_JCS
02-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Demo seems to be expected rather soon what about the full version you think?...

Indy4
02-04-2002, 03:20 PM
man I hope so
when did it say it will be on newstand or the realse of the magizene?

SEYA
maybe a movie next friday?

SEYA

CaptainRAVE
02-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Im hoping and expecting no later than April 3rd. UK dates seem to actually be earlier than all the other dates, March 28th which is weird.

Indy4
02-04-2002, 03:27 PM
someone email lucasarts?

SEYA

MercenaryI{aos
02-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Well the game comes out in March\April and LEC has a good rep. for delivering on time right? So I've come to the realization that my computer will have one more download REAL soon:joy:

CaptainRAVE
02-04-2002, 03:37 PM
As will mine........VERY VERY soon I hope :smirk2:

Dan12R
02-04-2002, 04:24 PM
I would greatly enjoy a demo of the game before it's released. The only downside is that I've got a blah modem. I've yet to get DSL or anything good so it's going to take forever to download such a HUGE thing. My general rule is that if it's bigger than 7 MB, I don't bother, but I'll make an exception for this. But that time that I have to wait for the download to get done is going to be painful. I want this game! I loved JK from the get go and now I want this.

Ham Yoyo
02-05-2002, 03:20 AM
I only get 28.8. Maybe I can download the demo while I sleep. :)

I want this game!

StephenG
02-05-2002, 03:33 AM
First off, if u ever move to australia whatever u do DONT get Telstra as your cable/adsl ISP. we have 3gb caps 512/128 uploads/etc and to makes things even more crap we pay $73 soon to be $83 australian dollars (sorry about that, just had to get that off my chest)

anyways i would love a single/multiplayer demo in one, like the Jedi Knight one...or like the GB one. i'm hoping its more than 80mbs.

Darth Lunatic
02-05-2002, 04:26 AM
I'll second that StephenG. I got telstra...although by March we will have uncapped dl speeds, we still can only dl 3gb a month. Telstra is the leading telecommunications company in Australia. They have a monopoly on the market and stooge us at every oppurtunity they can. I hate telstra. Telstra sux.

Give us a movie a demo ...ANYTHING!!

nykel007
02-05-2002, 05:26 AM
A demo would qench my thirst for JK2......for now.:D

GonkH8er
02-05-2002, 05:40 AM
Telstra cable I have.

3 gig per month I have.

1 gig i downloaded last night.

Not good :)

Darth Lunatic
02-05-2002, 06:00 AM
Yikes. Well we could go on all day about how bad Telstra is for Australian broadband....

So Jk2 will probably be released late March. A demo possibly early March. A movie even before then....

CaptainRAVE
02-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Actually most sites are starting to support the idea of early April now, about April 2nd.........All UK sites still say March 28th though :D

Swoosh
02-05-2002, 01:05 PM
I think I'll believe LEC and Raven with the March date...they should know best don't ya think?

Swoosh

Dan12R
02-05-2002, 02:23 PM
I'll have to agree with Swoosh on this. (BTW Swoosh, love the icon. Toe Jam and Earl is one of the greatest games ever. They were supposed to released TJ+E 3 for DC, but didn't, those goobers.)Anyways, LucasArts is usually good with release dates. I expect to have the game by the end of March.

Swoosh
02-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Thanks :). I figured I'd have a different avatar since I'm a little wierd I guess. Also, Earl's dancing is better than mine...so I guess he's an inspiration in some ways :)

BTW, TJE3 is supposed to come out for an unannounced next-gen console.

Swoosh

GonkH8er
02-06-2002, 12:15 AM
TJE3? awesome....

I used to only be able to get up to level 26 or something in the original... then the plethora of monsters just got to me....

Ooooh I hated those mailbox monsters.....

digl
02-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Welcome The_One, have a good time on the forums
hey Im The One! (look to the left) It doesnt matter, I was going to change that soon :)

You should bring news about your brother now that he is going away for some time